Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1940100 times)

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Newcastle United - RIP Jamal Khashoggi
« Reply #19320 on: March 13, 2022, 08:09:46 am »
'deviant beliefs'. I wonder what those are?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/12/saudi-arabia-executes-men-in-one-day

who knows, those could be anything from rape & murder to nose picking in public or supporting any other PL team than Newcastle.
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19321 on: March 13, 2022, 08:58:35 am »
Is believing that the Newcastle fans are a bunch of c*nts now classed as a ‘deviant belief’? Asking for a friend.

They'll be lauding it over Chelsea later as if their owners aren't even worse than Abramovich.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19322 on: March 13, 2022, 09:13:53 am »
They'll be lauding it over Chelsea later as if their owners aren't even worse than Abramovich.
They will. Just another example of how most fans don’t care what murderous regime own their club , aslong as they can buy Chris wood and have a chance at winning a cup they will excuse anything. So much about the game is shit nowadays.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19323 on: March 13, 2022, 09:29:04 am »
Great piece.
Too bad it's a piece about coverage in The Atlantic and not The Athletic. Could Killie really not read that?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19324 on: March 13, 2022, 09:41:52 am »
Too bad it's a piece about coverage in The Atlantic and not The Athletic. Could Killie really not read that?

Paywall… 😜

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #19325 on: March 13, 2022, 02:28:03 pm »
I see their fans embarrassing themselves again chanting about Chelsea’s situation. All about having a level playing field eh?

2 sets of twattish fans in one ground.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19326 on: March 13, 2022, 02:35:02 pm »
I see their fans embarrassing themselves again chanting about Chelsea’s situation. All about having a level playing field eh?

2 sets of twattish fans in one ground.

Yeah they "just wanted their club back". Scummy bastards are going to be another vile set of sportswashing apologists

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #19327 on: March 13, 2022, 02:47:20 pm »

The Newcastle fans also have their Saudi banner on display vs Chelsea today - the day after the Saudis executed 81 people:-

^ 'Newcastle fans stand: a Saudi flag and a Ukrainian one.' - https://twitter.com/antoguerrera/status/1503010440573554688

'Newcastle fans outside SB singing: “we’re richer than you”' - https://twitter.com/MiguelDelaney/status/1502995953074196486
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #19328 on: March 13, 2022, 04:32:09 pm »
tariq panja
@tariqpanja
Asked Eddie Howe on thoughts about the 81 people executed in Saudi Arabia by the people that bankroll his team. His response: "I'll stick to football.”

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1503045376055652353?s

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19329 on: March 13, 2022, 04:34:59 pm »
tariq panja
@tariqpanja
Asked Eddie Howe on thoughts about the 81 people executed in Saudi Arabia by the people that bankroll his team. His response: "I'll stick to football.”

What a shithouse!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #19330 on: March 13, 2022, 04:37:22 pm »
tariq panja
@tariqpanja

That's going to be the response for every single question he doesn't want to answer.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #19331 on: March 13, 2022, 04:42:28 pm »
With the Saudis gouging the west for the oil prices right now, the tide could turn rather quickly when it comes to appetite for breaking off close relations. Especially if that means the US, Britain and the EU normalize relations with Iran. The UAE would run scared to the US in that scenario since they're very dependent on western business and tourism. Would that happen and the Saudis have overplayed their hand, Newcastle really are up the creek without a paddle.
Linudden.

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19332 on: March 13, 2022, 04:52:34 pm »
tariq panja
@tariqpanja

What is Howe supposed to say?
"They are a fecking brutal murderous regime full of religous nutters"

They pay his wages, if not his there will be thousands of managers ready to jump in for a massive payday, just ask the toon fans, they wont give a feck, they only care that they can now spunk whatever money they want on whoever they want, doubt any of them give a shit about human rights abuses.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19333 on: March 13, 2022, 05:03:53 pm »
tariq panja
@tariqpanja

I really hope this momentum keeps up - journalists need to be asking managers of clubs like this questions all the time. Pep next please.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19334 on: March 13, 2022, 05:04:40 pm »

They pay his wages, if not his there will be thousands of managers ready to jump in for a massive payday, just ask the toon fans, they wont give a feck, they only care that they can now spunk whatever money they want on whoever they want, doubt any of them give a shit about human rights abuses.

Who cares what he’s supposed to say.

He needs to be asked every single press conference.  The easy ride the English media have given Guardiola shouldn’t carry on either, make both the fuckers squirm.

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19335 on: March 13, 2022, 05:11:37 pm »
Who cares what he’s supposed to say.

He needs to be asked every single press conference.

Yeah i agree totally. I just dont think he will give the answers everybody wants.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19336 on: March 13, 2022, 05:17:25 pm »

I think you'll find he is free to criticise the state of Saudi Arabia who have absolutely nothing to do with the ownership of his club...

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19337 on: March 13, 2022, 05:27:20 pm »
tariq panja
@tariqpanja
More from Eddie Howe when asked about Saudi: I’m just going to answer questions on the game and football. I'm still bitterly disappointed from the defeat so I think it's only right that I stick to football.

Howe: I'm well aware of what’s going around the world but my focus is on trying to produce a team to win football matches, get enough points to stay in the league and that’s all i’ll say... I'm going to talk football. That’s all i'm concerned with.

tariq panja
@tariqpanja
Here's a more thoughtful Tuchel on Saudi/NUFC CFC similarities: Unfortunately situations like this are also for the owners of NUFC ... I don't want to point the finger because comparing yourself or blaming the others that doesn't make the situation for us a different situation.

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1503054050287407108?s

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19338 on: March 13, 2022, 05:31:25 pm »
tariq panja
@tariqpanja
More from Eddie Howe when asked about Saudi: I’m just going to answer questions on the game and football. I'm still bitterly disappointed from the defeat so I think it's only right that I stick to football.

Howe: I'm well aware of what’s going around the world but my focus is on trying to produce a team to win football matches, get enough points to stay in the league and that’s all i’ll say... I'm going to talk football. That’s all i'm concerned with.

tariq panja
@tariqpanja
Here's a more thoughtful Tuchel on Saudi/NUFC CFC similarities: Unfortunately situations like this are also for the owners of NUFC ... I don't want to point the finger because comparing yourself or blaming the others that doesn't make the situation for us a different situation.

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1503054050287407108?s

So today - Tuchel has an opinion?? I see.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19339 on: March 13, 2022, 05:36:01 pm »
tariq panja
@tariqpanja

Well done to Tariq Panja, hopefully more journalists continue to ask these kinds of questions to Howe, Tuchel and Guardiola.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #19340 on: March 13, 2022, 05:40:22 pm »
It's amazing how many people out there think this is something that has nothing to do with managers and players. I've just had a debate on twitter about it with a person who is indignant it has nothing to do with managers or players. But I pointed out sport washers rely on the fact that questions will not be asked, it's why they do it in the first place. So by not asking question you are just encouraging them. Therefore it has to be the duty of like minded journalists to keep the subject in the spotlight. I agreed with the guy concerned that they also need to put the footballing authorities and government under pressure at the same time.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19341 on: March 13, 2022, 06:12:01 pm »
What a shithouse!
Yep. An absolutely abhorrent little shithouse. Mind you, we knew that anyway. He went there knowing exactly what they (the owners) are. He's now an integral part of the sports wash, so such questions are legitimate.

I'm sick of these little shits at the likes of Saudicastle, Putin FC and Abu Dhabi FC compartmentalizing like this. Making out the owners are totally separate to the football. If you manage, play for or support the sports wash, you are an integral part of it. You are all cogs in the sports wash machine.

Also, how sickening today to see Saudicastle fans flying the Saudi flag 24 hours after their rulers murdered 81 human beings, some for simply holding a belief. Also, Putin FC fans flying the Russian flag, just as Russia is currently murdering men, women, children and babies in Ukraine.

Repulsive scumbags, the lot of them. All willing cogs in this disgusting sports washing campaign being prosecuted by mega rich psychopaths. And yes, that includes you, Eddie Howe, Guardiola, Tuchel and anyone else who signs up for the ride.

Also, when are people going to start asking questions of the Premier League? After all, it's them who not only allowed, but encouraged this entire stinking, putrid shit show.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 06:16:10 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19342 on: March 13, 2022, 06:28:29 pm »
Yep. An absolutely abhorrent little shithouse. Mind you, we knew that anyway. He went there knowing exactly what they (the owners) are. He's now an integral part of the sports wash, so such questions are legitimate.

I'm sick of these little shits at the likes of Saudicastle, Putin FC and Abu Dhabi FC compartmentalizing like this. Making out the owners are totally separate to the football. If you manage, play for or support the sports wash, you are an integral part of it. You are all cogs in the sports wash machine.

Also, how sickening today to see Saudicastle fans flying the Saudi flag 24 hours after their rulers murdered 81 human beings, some for simply holding a belief. Also, Putin FC fans flying the Russian flag, just as Russia is currently murdering men, women, children and babies in Ukraine.

Repulsive scumbags, the lot of them. All willing cogs in this disgusting sports washing campaign being prosecuted by mega rich psychopaths. And yes, that includes you, Eddie Howe, Guardiola, Tuchel and anyone else who signs up for the ride.

Also, when are people going to start asking questions of the Premier League? After all, it's them who not only allowed, but encouraged this entire stinking, putrid shit show.
We can only hope that current climate sees much more spotlight on these horrific owners. The situation with Chelsea has brought into focus the danger of having clubs owned by regimes and oligarchs. Credit to the journalist asking Eddie Howe the question, other journalists need to be doing this every game to Eddie Howe and Pep . The game is in danger of being destroyed by these horrific owners. You are absolutely right, the PL need to be questioned about why they are letting these owners in.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19343 on: March 13, 2022, 06:29:04 pm »
Yeah i agree totally. I just dont think he will give the answers everybody wants.

Nobody expects him to answer the question,we expect reporters to make the c*nt squirm at every opportunity though.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19344 on: March 13, 2022, 06:41:28 pm »

Love your post SoS,100% agreed.

Good to see there's still some journalists brave enough and willing to ask these questions.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19345 on: March 13, 2022, 06:47:42 pm »
We can only hope that current climate sees much more spotlight on these horrific owners. The situation with Chelsea has brought into focus the danger of having clubs owned by regimes and oligarchs. Credit to the journalist asking Eddie Howe the question, other journalists need to be doing this every game to Eddie Howe and Pep . The game is in danger of being destroyed by these horrific owners. You are absolutely right, the PL need to be questioned about why they are letting these owners in.
It does look like a few more people are willing to ask difficult questions now, and not before time too. Hopefully this snowballs and gathers pace and momentum.

The PL have been an absolute disgrace throughout. Lessons should have been learned very quickly after Abramovich moved in, but no. It's been clear all along that Chelsea were unsustainable, and only propped up by his dirty money. The very same is happening with Abu Dhabi and will happen with Saudicastle too. Pull out the prop, and collapse ensues. Thing is, when the props are gangsters, murderers and assorted scumbags, they are vulnerable to being pulled out from under clubs. The PL let this happen. it's not as if it couldn't be envisaged either. Plenty of football fans saw it coming years ago.

The PL need calling out. As do managers and players who sign up to these grotesque projects to gain a slice of the blood soaked pie. The sports wash teams should be booed with derision in every stadium they enter. Football fans need to see this through and not relent. It can be done. Chelsea were so successful as a sports wash only a month or two ago they were flying under the radar for criticism on this. For many, they'd almost gained some credibility. Well, now they are like toxic waste. Hopefully, everyone that actually cares about the game will start asking searching questions and keep pushing for answers.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #19346 on: March 13, 2022, 06:53:50 pm »

Exactly
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19347 on: March 13, 2022, 06:54:54 pm »
Love your post SoS,100% agreed.

Good to see there's still some journalists brave enough and willing to ask these questions.
Hopefully the few putting their heads above the parapet will encourage others to do so too now.

Until now, it was like trying to roll the snowball uphill. But now, the momentum is going the other way. So it's just a case of how big it gets and how far its momentum takes it.

Sometimes, it just takes one to say "I'm Spartacus" before others will make a stand too.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19348 on: March 13, 2022, 06:58:15 pm »
Hopefully the few putting their heads above the parapet will encourage others to do so too now.

Until now, it was like trying to roll the snowball uphill. But now, the momentum is going the other way. So it's just a case of how big it gets and how far its momentum takes it.

Sometimes, it just takes one to say "I'm Spartacus" before others will make a stand too.

Newcastle and City fans would in unison shout "Yes,he is Spartacus,now off with his head"

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19349 on: March 13, 2022, 07:01:12 pm »

Newcastle and City fans would in unison shout "Yes,he is Spartacus,now off with his head"
No doubt.  :-\

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #19350 on: March 13, 2022, 07:03:46 pm »
The PL need calling out.

Whatever the ideal approach may be, and I'm not certain that there is one, which is a huge part of the problem, this is the most central and basic of facts.

The Premier League need calling out.

Mantra-esque,that...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #19351 on: March 13, 2022, 07:12:17 pm »
Well done to Tariq Panja, hopefully more journalists continue to ask these kinds of questions to Howe, Tuchel and Guardiola.

I like that these questions are being asked. None of the managers are going to say anything of note or revealing or anything but the party line (they have won the jackpot in cash terms - especially when they get their pay-outs for being shit (Howe anyway), the value is in asking the question in a public forum, perhaps by asking questions it makes people who are not in the know, or have blinkers on may question/read up about what a shit show the Premiership is in its hypocrisy
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19352 on: March 13, 2022, 07:16:43 pm »

He wouldn't have to answer these questions if, a few months back, he showed an ounce of integrity and told them to shove their blood money up their collective arses.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19353 on: March 13, 2022, 07:28:16 pm »
He wouldn't have to answer these questions if, a few months back, he showed an ounce of integrity and told them to shove their blood money up their collective arses.
The likes of Howe willingly put their hands in this particular fire, then complain about the heat.

He's a decent enough manager. He's no doubt set up financially for life anyway. He could easily have told them to do one on principle. He chose to take the blood soaked money instead. Of course, he's not going to answer these legitimate questions, but at least they are finally being asked, and certain managers are finally hanging themselves by being so avoidant, disinterested and dismissive.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19354 on: March 13, 2022, 07:44:09 pm »
Good piece in The Guardian, calling for Premier League action:
...'the only hope is that the events of the past two weeks serve as a reckoning for English football: a realisation that the Premier League must develop a spine and be stronger on who is deemed a fit and proper person to own a club. It is time to start asking proper questions. The stench will not go away until that happens.'

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/mar/13/stamford-bridge-hosts-dark-day-for-those-who-care-for-footballs-soul-chelsea-newcastle-roman-abramovich

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19355 on: March 13, 2022, 07:44:53 pm »
Be nice to see supporters at every ground with Yemeni flags in force and the palms of hands painted red and huge fuck off banner NO TO SPORTSWASHING IN OUR GAME , that will make those disgusting owners start panicking if that snowballed.

Now it's looking like Saudi are going to double their efforts with sportswashing in the EPL, the CEO of Saudi Media is courting the top advisor to MBS to solidify his Chelsea bid.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19356 on: March 13, 2022, 07:48:41 pm »

In an ideal world every player and manager they went for would tell em to fuck off, but a manager that had been out of work for a while coupled with a mega salary offer im afraid there wouldn't be too many managers in world footie who would of turned them down.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19357 on: March 13, 2022, 07:52:59 pm »
In an ideal world every player and manager they went for would tell em to fuck off, but a manager that had been out of work for a while coupled with a mega salary offer im afraid there wouldn't be too many managers in world footie who would of turned them down.

Well a few did.

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19358 on: March 13, 2022, 08:15:58 pm »

Maybe focus the blame on the Premier Leauge who allowed this to happen and the UK government who not only takes money from them but also allow them to have investments at all sectors in the UK that generates money instead of abusing football managers.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #19359 on: March 13, 2022, 08:33:24 pm »
Probably not gonna explain myself properly here...so apologies.

My Dad is a NUFC STH. He's 74, a well educated man and has seen a lot in his lifetime. He's well centred from a moral point of view and takes the positions that a lot of us on here hold. For example, financial doping and Man City, he's well against that....3 and Hyundai withdrawing their sponsorship, yeah... Spanish banks and their government funding Real Madrid in the past...err, no thanks.

But his club, it's all as if 'Amanda' is a personal friend, the war in Yemen doesn't exist and the separation argument is perfectly plausible.

Boils my piss... sorry for venting.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...