Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1940693 times)

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Newcastle United thread - now with added Benitez
« Reply #10200 on: October 9, 2017, 07:35:50 pm »
DeAndre Yedlin says Rafa Benitez is taking him to next level at Newcastle:

http://www.espnfc.com/united-states/story/3224214/deandre-yedlin-says-rafa-benitez-is-taking-him-to-next-level-at-newcastle

Really was a joy watching him on Friday against Panama. At best, he was always a solid option at RB for the USMNT with plenty of pace to burn but most definitely a liability in defense. Looks like working with Rafa for the last year+ is paying off quite well for him from a defensive side of things. Long may it continue. Thanks Rafa!  :wave
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10201 on: October 13, 2017, 09:09:14 am »
Absolutely brilliant news - this lad is going to be a top, top, top player!

https://twitter.com/nufc/status/918748147316338688

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10202 on: October 13, 2017, 05:29:40 pm »
Absolutely brilliant news - this lad is going to be a top, top, top player!

https://twitter.com/nufc/status/918748147316338688

Somewhat envious of this, he looks a silky cultured player.  Happy (rafa) for (Rafa) the (RAFA) barcodes (RAFA BACK IN ACTION DONG SWINGING BELOW HIS KNEESSSSSSSSSSSS)
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10203 on: October 15, 2017, 04:26:49 pm »
Typical of us, take the pressure, go up the other end and score.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #10204 on: October 16, 2017, 07:28:29 am »
I thought they were quite unlucky not to take the full 3 points yesterday, definitely the better team.

But then I would never mind a share of the spoils between these two managers.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #10205 on: October 16, 2017, 08:16:47 am »
Yea think Newcastle were the better side yesterday - some good stuff, let down by some not taking (the easier) chances and a couple of lapses at the back.
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10206 on: October 16, 2017, 10:03:46 am »
Elliot dives like a fat lad getting on his bed.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #10207 on: October 16, 2017, 05:04:11 pm »
STATEMENT FROM ST. JAMES HOLDINGS LIMITED

As a result of increasing press speculation regarding the future of Newcastle United, the owner of the club, St. James Holdings Limited, wishes to clarify its intentions.
As one of the Premier League's oldest and best supported football clubs - and for the benefit of its many fans and supporters in the UK and across the world - Newcastle United requires a clear direction and a path to a bright and successful future.
To give the club the best possible opportunity of securing the positioning and investment necessary to take it to the next level, at what is an important time in its history, its present ownership has determined that it is in the best interests of Newcastle United and its fans for the club to be put up for sale.
Read the full statement: https://www.nufc.co.uk/…/statement-from-st-james-holdings-l…

Good news for every football fan!
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #10208 on: October 16, 2017, 05:16:44 pm »
Hope they get someone decent coming in for them. Interesting moment to choose for Ashley, know he's wanted to before, but with the tax evasion case rumbling forwards... Interesting.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10209 on: October 16, 2017, 05:22:50 pm »
Hope they get someone decent coming in for them. Interesting moment to choose for Ashley, know he's wanted to before, but with the tax evasion case rumbling forwards... Interesting.

Hopefully a Russian oligarch eh or Saudi Prince.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10210 on: October 16, 2017, 05:27:59 pm »
Hopefully a Russian oligarch eh or Saudi Prince.

What? Why?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline DdeGea

• Superceded by OleGea
  • Main Stander
« Reply #10211 on: October 16, 2017, 05:28:54 pm »
They deserve to have a good owner to be honest! Well-supported, loyal fanbase in a city with only one team. If they get an owner ready to invest and take their hands out their pockets they have the potential to start pressuring the 'Top 6' in the future. Although you can't help but think something will go wrong for them as they have been a bit of a joke for over a decade now.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10212 on: October 16, 2017, 05:29:37 pm »
I think this makes the already flimsy speculation about someone bidding for Liverpool even more unlikely, after that woman, Amanda Staveley, being in the crowd at the Newcastle v Liverpool match.

I remember the commentators at the time mentioning that she was probably there to negotiate with Newcastle, before all the Liverpool b***ocks started a few days later.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 06:29:14 pm by Crouch Potato »

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10213 on: October 16, 2017, 05:31:38 pm »
What? Why?

I'm being sarcastic. I don't want anyone that's gonna turn them into man city overnight. But then again, that's what will probably happen.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10214 on: October 16, 2017, 05:34:23 pm »
I'm being sarcastic. I don't want anyone that's gonna turn them into man city overnight. But then again, that's what will probably happen.

Haha ok good
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #10215 on: October 16, 2017, 05:41:34 pm »

;)

Nah, I'd wish a decent owner on most clubs to be honest. Or at least one who isn't going to run it into the ground or see it purely as a cash cow. Some exceptions in there but the Geordies aren't one of them.

Just incidentally, Premier League rules would now make Chelsea or City hard acts to follow in the short term. Not impossible, mind. Just difficult and not so 'we're spending more on wages than the entire club takes in to pay for everything' obvious.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #10216 on: October 16, 2017, 06:15:55 pm »
Be interesting to see who buys them. They don't need to do anything to their ground, they have a top class manager so there are no excuses for anyone coming in not to spend a few quid. Unlikely they'll be in a relegation scrap, huge fan base, decent purchase for someone with a bit of ambition.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #10217 on: October 16, 2017, 08:21:40 pm »
What do we reckon the club will go for?. It's the first one with the big tv money to come up, unless Evertons partial deal is considered their predecessor. Will Ashley take his money back as enough, i.e £130m ish, or will he expect closer to £200m? (or the £400m he sought before in his failed sale attempt). Bearing in mind people are claiming we are at the billion mark these days in valuations.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:24:51 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #10218 on: October 16, 2017, 08:50:50 pm »
What do we reckon the club will go for?. It's the first one with the big tv money to come up, unless Evertons partial deal is considered their predecessor. Will Ashley take his money back as enough, i.e £130m ish, or will he expect closer to £200m? (or the £400m he sought before in his failed sale attempt). Bearing in mind people are claiming we are at the billion mark these days in valuations.

Would be somewhat amusing if they go for less than Neymar.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10219 on: October 16, 2017, 08:52:53 pm »
You get £120 million odd for one season finishing mid table don’t you? I’d be expecting more to be fair.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #10220 on: October 16, 2017, 08:59:13 pm »
Be interesting to see who buys them. They don't need to do anything to their ground, they have a top class manager so there are no excuses for anyone coming in not to spend a few quid. Unlikely they'll be in a relegation scrap, huge fan base, decent purchase for someone with a bit of ambition.
Hicks  & Gillette ?   reckon a trio of Rafa and those 2 will work?
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #10221 on: October 16, 2017, 09:00:23 pm »
We should have a RAWK whip around and put in an offer.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #10222 on: October 16, 2017, 09:01:30 pm »
Hicks  & Gillette ?   reckon a trio of Rafa and those 2 will work?
No Parry, no party.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #10223 on: October 16, 2017, 10:37:32 pm »
If you were buying a PL club and had a choice between Everton and Newcastle who would you choose?

Newcastle manager and ground hands down. Squads, not sure. Current owners and their trustworthiness and commercial abilities?

Christ on a bike. Who would want to deal with either Ashley or Bungalow Bill and his accountant mate.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10224 on: October 16, 2017, 10:55:22 pm »
Wow. Good few days for Newcastle. And on a run of 3w 2d 1l in their last six in the league.

Echo what Zeb says about owners. Though he'll obviously just hawk the club to anyone, with no thought on succession

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10225 on: October 16, 2017, 11:18:49 pm »
How's DeAndre Yedlin working out? I loved the glimpses I saw of him in Brazil '14 and was really gutted Spurs got him that summer. I know he didn't set the world alight during his Sunderland loan, but even Cafu would struggle to look good in that team. Is he looking like a proper player under Rafa?

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10226 on: October 17, 2017, 02:29:32 am »
Read he's looking for 380 Mil.

If you take that into context they'll receive 100 Mil at the end of the season come what may I think someone getting a good deal.

It may be a gamble but 3-4 years in the prem and you'll quids in IMO
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10227 on: October 17, 2017, 07:36:53 am »
If you compare it to other sports (Houston rockets went for over £1.6bn recently with around £180m revenue) £400m is cheap, even taking into account the relegation factor here

Offline Paully

• Kopite
« Reply #10228 on: October 17, 2017, 07:37:13 am »
So Ashley pleaded poverty two months ago and now states “the sale process will give interested parties the opportunity of deferring substantial payments”!

He is and always will be a lying bastard! Fingers crossed we're finally shot of the cancer that is the fat pig! I'll be amazed if he goes quietly - see Rangers!

Offline Paully

• Kopite
« Reply #10229 on: October 17, 2017, 08:06:47 am »
If you compare it to other sports (Houston rockets went for over £1.6bn recently with around £180m revenue) £400m is cheap, even taking into account the relegation factor here

There is no chance of that with Rafa in charge!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #10230 on: October 17, 2017, 09:31:32 am »
There is no chance of that with Rafa in charge!
yep. there are way worse teams than newcastle and way worse managers. he is at the very least capable of getting a team into the top 3 if he has the squad (which he doesnt here)

they arent going down with him in charge (2016 doesnt count because the damage was done by the clown there before him)

i would like to see them do well. passionate fan base and its quite refreshing to see a club take to Rafa. the way he was treated at Chelsea, Inter, Real Madrid and to a lesser extent Napoli was pretty sickening

as i mentioned me and 5 others took a day trip to newcastle and the stadium blew us away.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline kaliberbeats

• Main Stander
« Reply #10231 on: October 17, 2017, 04:05:48 pm »
I really hope Amanda Staveley is not negotiating for one of the Arab lads cause that'll be bad news for the rest of us. Makes sense though, a 60K stadium they can fill every week, a die hard local fan base kinda like ours and a quality manager who given the cash will turn them into champs leagues contenders in a few seasons. And for a discount price in today's market. The race for champs league qualification will become that much harder. Wasn't there reports of a private meeting between Staveley and Rafa before that match? Probably getting his assurance he'll be there and getting his wish list of players.
I am the bodgers of Fantasy Football

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10232 on: October 17, 2017, 05:43:08 pm »
Wasn't there reports of a private meeting between Staveley and Rafa before that match? Probably getting his assurance he'll be there and getting his wish list of players.

He's been there before so I doubt he'd believe it, even if that was what the meeting was about.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10233 on: October 18, 2017, 12:42:47 am »
I really hope Amanda Staveley is not negotiating for one of the Arab lads cause that'll be bad news for the rest of us. Makes sense though, a 60K stadium they can fill every week, a die hard local fan base kinda like ours and a quality manager who given the cash will turn them into champs leagues contenders in a few seasons. And for a discount price in today's market. The race for champs league qualification will become that much harder. Wasn't there reports of a private meeting between Staveley and Rafa before that match? Probably getting his assurance he'll be there and getting his wish list of players.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw20NvVDkjs

Offline Paully

• Kopite

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Paully

• Kopite

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10237 on: October 19, 2017, 08:55:12 am »
Could you cut and paste it for us Paully - save givin that rag a hit?
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #10238 on: October 19, 2017, 08:56:06 am »
Could you cut and paste it for us Paully - save givin that rag a hit?
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/868319/Newcastle-news-Amanda-Staveley-takeover-bid

i didnt click on the daily fail either
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #10239 on: October 19, 2017, 03:01:38 pm »
Reported by several today but this transfer kitty  :lickin :lickin :lickin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4994808/Amanda-Staveley-makes-300m-bid-buy-Newcastle-United.html

Amanda Staveley, one of the City's leading dealmakers, has mounted a £300million bid to buy Newcastle United that would see her become the new face of the club.

Staveley's investment fund PCP Capital Partners, which is backed by £28billion from the Middle East and China, is understood to be in talks with owner Mike Ashley.

A deal may be done by Christmas and Staveley could pump as much as £300m into manager Rafa Benitez's transfer funds.

<snip>

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.