Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 373706 times)

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Re: GTA V
« Reply #5080 on: January 16, 2021, 07:34:37 pm »
They're raking in money for doing basically fuck all. I don't blame them even if I hate it.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5081 on: January 17, 2021, 02:19:31 am »
5 years between GTA V and RDR2, 3 years since RDR2. Gonna be a while.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline candys

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5082 on: January 17, 2021, 04:47:50 pm »
Like to play it from time to time. It's one of my favorite games of all times. I also found many cool racing games here https://www.friv5online.com/racing-games. All of them are free and I used to play them even at work. So convy.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 11:13:00 am by candys »

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5083 on: January 17, 2021, 05:37:07 pm »
I like it to play now and again.

Thing with the online is I don't really want to grind as much as necessary and I don't want to buy shark cards. I've had the game since it re-released on PS4 and I'm still only level 31.

It's a good laugh with friends when you've had a few but Its not something which keeps me hooked.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5084 on: January 22, 2021, 12:25:00 pm »
I've played the online version but never really liked it, so stuck with the story mode. Online mode is ok for heists but the rest of it can be a bit of a grind, the story mode is much more fun

#Sausages

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5085 on: January 23, 2021, 08:55:09 pm »
Like many others I have a lot of time to think at the moment. The next installment has to be Vice City, has it not? IV was Liberty City, V was San Andreas.
It’s kind of depressing..Vice City was released in 2002 and set in the eighties. Theoretically, they could release GTA VI and recreate the early 2000s :-\

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5086 on: January 23, 2021, 10:54:46 pm »
Like many others I have a lot of time to think at the moment. The next installment has to be Vice City, has it not? IV was Liberty City, V was San Andreas.
It’s kind of depressing..Vice City was released in 2002 and set in the eighties. Theoretically, they could release GTA VI and recreate the early 2000s :-\

Fuck that's depressing.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5087 on: January 24, 2021, 12:35:08 pm »
Vice City is still my favourite GTA, I played one playthrough of GTA V......and that was on the Xbox 360!, never felt compelled to go back, even though I bought it dirt cheap for PS4 just to play GTA Online, which bored me after a while, would love to see Vice City get a remaster, but have Rockstar ever released a remaster?

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5088 on: January 24, 2021, 12:41:55 pm »
no to remasters.

just make a new fucking game.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5089 on: January 24, 2021, 12:59:57 pm »
 Rockstar are making too much money from GTA 5 online to make any GTA spin offs, the next GTA whenever that's released, will be GTA 6
#Sausages

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5090 on: January 31, 2021, 09:09:21 pm »
  i played most of GTA V on xbox 360 until my dvd drive broke. I subsequently bought it again for my xbox one but never played through it again. will have to do so. I hate trevor as a protagonist though. really hard to play as him. at least the other two have some redeeming qualities but this guy is such a sick psychopath. disgusting.

anyway GTA IV was my favourite one. loved Vice city also but GTA IV was an absolute master piece imo. great characters, story and the recreation of new york city in that game engine at the time was wonderful. Played this so much back in 08 and 09 both online and story. i love the free mode online and exploit all the glitches. anyone remember the swing glitch or the one that allowed you clip inside the buildings at the airport or the empire state building in a helicopter?  great memories.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5091 on: February 1, 2021, 03:37:44 pm »
Funnily enough GTA IV is my least favourite of the GTA franchises, most of GTA IV felt dull [i gave it up after the bank robbery mission], one annoyance was having to drive to one of the islands to start a mission, drive to another island to carry out the mission, then drive to the furthest island from where you started to complete the mission, but the biggest annoyance was as you approach the starting point of a mission you always get a phone call from someone wanting to hang out, which you felt obliged to do, otherwise they got the hump with you, plus hanging out was one of the tasks of the GTA IV, which your not compelled to do in GTA V.
#Sausages

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5092 on: February 1, 2021, 04:06:03 pm »
4 lost the 'fun' that has been an aspect of all of the other games. tbogt excepted because that brought it back.

it also continued to have the player character moaning about how he was skint regardless of how much money you had - which could have been in the millions.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5093 on: February 1, 2021, 06:26:39 pm »
4 lost the 'fun' that has been an aspect of all of the other games. tbogt excepted because that brought it back.

it also continued to have the player character moaning about how he was skint regardless of how much money you had - which could have been in the millions.

Indeed, GTA IV lost that fun aspect that GTA III had, & it became a chore to play, i never had TBOGT, but GTA V became fun to play again, GTA V missions felt more enjoyable to play, the final mission in GTA V if you choose, option C Deathwish, is more enjoyable than the final mission in GTA IV, which i've viewed online
#Sausages

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5094 on: February 1, 2021, 06:53:32 pm »
Yeah I was never a fan of 4, I don't even think I finished it. The characters were so dull compared to VC and SA.

5 was better but I think the split story hurt. 2/3 of the characters deserved a full game each.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #5095 on: February 1, 2021, 10:32:00 pm »

Yeah, it was the same for me. I enjoyed playing it (didn't even mind the hanging out with other people stuff, because after a while I didn't really bother with it anymore), but at the same time it wasn't really a GTA in my view. GTA was always about over the top characters and insane stuff going on. They were always much more "cheerful". GTA IV was just a depressing mess from start to finish and no matter what you did everyone was just miserable. They got back on track with TBOGT and I really liked that better than the main game. Same goes for GTA V, but I've only ever finished it once and have tried to replay the story again, but never really got far. Don't really know why.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5096 on: February 20, 2021, 01:22:23 pm »
Funnily enough GTA IV is my least favourite of the GTA franchises, most of GTA IV felt dull [i gave it up after the bank robbery mission], one annoyance was having to drive to one of the islands to start a mission, drive to another island to carry out the mission, then drive to the furthest island from where you started to complete the mission, but the biggest annoyance was as you approach the starting point of a mission you always get a phone call from someone wanting to hang out, which you felt obliged to do, otherwise they got the hump with you, plus hanging out was one of the tasks of the GTA IV, which your not compelled to do in GTA V.

Hey Statto, lets go bowling!
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5097 on: February 20, 2021, 01:46:53 pm »
Hey Statto, lets go bowling!

TURKEY. ;D
#Sausages

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5098 on: February 20, 2021, 02:26:29 pm »
Does anyone play on the FiveM server.

The footage of people playing on that server on Youtube are are amazing.

I watched a 45 mins video of 3 guys playing Cops looking for a joyrider, was like a cop show, they were proper in character.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #5099 on: February 20, 2021, 02:44:04 pm »
people still playing this online is why they haven't made GTA6!!

been firing up GTA4 a bit lately though and loving it again. Janky in places sure but I do like the driving - once the learning curve is down, it feels way less shallow than V's

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5100 on: February 20, 2021, 03:39:48 pm »
Rockstar only make new main GTA games for latest generation of consoles,  GTA6 when ever that's released will be for PS5, & the xbox equivalent.
#Sausages

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5101 on: February 20, 2021, 04:23:09 pm »
There was no new GTA for the PS4 era

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #5102 on: February 23, 2021, 09:32:14 am »
Does anyone play on the FiveM server.

The footage of people playing on that server on Youtube are are amazing.

I watched a 45 mins video of 3 guys playing Cops looking for a joyrider, was like a cop show, they were proper in character.

Yeah I've been watching quite a bit of it lately. The characters some people play on it are wild.

Rockstar should really steer into it and make it an actual feature of the next game or bring it in as DLC for GTA V. Would be great to have RP lobbies as an option on console.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5103 on: March 4, 2021, 12:41:36 pm »
It won't happen, but a great idea for GTA 6 or any GTA 6 spin off, should be the map from Red Dead Redemption set in the modern world, the likes of Valentine & St Denis 10 times as big as they are in RDRII
#Sausages

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #5104 on: March 4, 2021, 12:45:54 pm »
It won't happen, but a great idea for GTA 6 or any GTA 6 spin off, should be the map from Red Dead Redemption set in the modern world, the likes of Valentine & St Denis 10 times as big as they are in RDRII

...or a man/woman out of time or place type thing - GTA meets Back to the Future/Crocodile Dundee/Witness.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #5105 on: March 6, 2021, 09:03:27 am »
I actually really liked GTA IV. And I thought the driving mechanics in it were great. It was by the far the most realistic/difficult to drive in, but felt so good when you got it right. I spent endless hours on the online races.

I agree that the tone was maybe more serious - but there was still plenty of funny moments, and as far as I remember GTA III was also pretty serious in tone (well from what I could gather from a protagonist who didn´t speak a word!). Certainly compared to Vice City and San Andreas. I actually liked Niko and the whole immigrant-in-America thing as a way to lead the story.

I remember when I was younger, I was always wanting them to make another GTA: London, as they did for the old top-down games. But in hindsight, despite being made a British company, GTA is a game that needs to be set in the States. Although the UK might be a mess as well with plenty to caricature, the USA is just so extreme and there is so much satire to be had, plus obviously pop culture references are always going to be more internationally understood. And a GTA set in a place without the USA´s gun culture just doesn´t make sense.

Another plus point with games set in the States, and certainly the San Andreas/California-based games, is there is a much bigger and more spectacular diversity of scenery for when the game ventures out of the city.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2021, 09:05:03 am by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #5106 on: March 6, 2021, 10:20:22 am »
the final mission in GTA IV, which i've viewed online

My only real memory from the chore that was the GTA IV base game (lots of love for TBoGT) is the final mission. It was something to do with one of your employers tracking down an old army comrade of Niko's for him to take revenge on at the airport... and you could choose whether to go through with it or walk away. I decided to get back in the car with Roman and drive off and the potential victim started to run off.

With the conversation based on my decision starting to play out, I noticed a wicked looking jump nearby so span the car round and hit it at high speed (with the two still yapping on). Without looking, I managed to land precisely on where this random guy had run off to and the conversation instantly changed to how I'd taken out my revenge.

Personally my favourite was Vice City, even if just for the 80s aesthetic. I tried to replay it a few years ago as I never finished it (difficulty rather than lack of interest) but the gaming world has just moved on too much from those early 3D games for me.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5107 on: March 6, 2021, 10:27:11 am »
I actually really liked GTA IV. And I thought the driving mechanics in it were great. It was by the far the most realistic/difficult to drive in, but felt so good when you got it right. I spent endless hours on the online races.

This is surely how it actually is!

Agree about the realism - I always mod GTAV to handle like IV, and has a learning curve. Really felt like something you could master, as opposed to GTAV's sort of obnoxiously easy pick-up-and-playness.

IV had weight and physicality via the controls - you can see it in RDR2, a similar idea - some players hate it. But it's immersive as fuck, done right. GTAIV player movement was OK for the era but crap now, but the vehicle handling was superb - if, perhaps, a tad over the top

That's the thing about Rockstar. I feel you can criticise their choices, but especially these days, I'm left in no doubt they make things operate exactly as they want it

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5108 on: March 6, 2021, 11:05:53 am »
This is surely how it actually is!

Agree about the realism - I always mod GTAV to handle like IV, and has a learning curve. Really felt like something you could master, as opposed to GTAV's sort of obnoxiously easy pick-up-and-playness.

IV had weight and physicality via the controls - you can see it in RDR2, a similar idea - some players hate it. But it's immersive as fuck, done right. GTAIV player movement was OK for the era but crap now, but the vehicle handling was superb - if, perhaps, a tad over the top

That's the thing about Rockstar. I feel you can criticise their choices, but especially these days, I'm left in no doubt they make things operate exactly as they want it

The best description I've seen for RDR2 is "uncompromising". They had a vision, and they implemented it to the full. No fucks given for critics, players, anyone. It can be extremely unfriendly if you don't buy into it, but if you do, it's immersive like nothing else seen in video games.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5109 on: March 21, 2021, 06:48:20 pm »
There was no new GTA for the PS4 era

Jesus. A whole generation of consoles that they didn't bother making a GTA for.

I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5110 on: March 22, 2021, 08:55:12 am »
Jesus. A whole generation of consoles that they didn't bother making a GTA for.

GTA V came out what, about two months before the PS4? These kind of games take absolutely years to make and they had RDR2 which obviously will have taken up most of the studio's time for most of the PS4/Xbox One era.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5111 on: March 22, 2021, 09:24:31 am »
Yeah we can't really expect Rockstar to dish out a GTA as frequently as a COD or Ass Creed. They create vast, realistic open worlds for GTA and RDR which take a lot of time and effort.

They did release them more frequently in previous generations but the tech has improved so much since the PS2 days.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5112 on: March 22, 2021, 09:27:57 am »
Stop giving them excuses.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5113 on: March 22, 2021, 09:32:26 am »

I'd rather they took their time and released a polished game, that's how you end up with catastrophes like Cyberpunk.

It is no given right that there has to be a new GTA for a new console anyway  ;D

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #5114 on: March 22, 2021, 09:33:17 am »

Excuses for what? They have never put out a time line for new games, they just bring them out when they want and are ready
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5115 on: March 22, 2021, 09:38:54 am »
We got a Rockstar game in terms of RDR2 in the PS4 era.

Plus GTA online is a game in itself.

The Meme of GTA 5 being a PS3 game still holds true though

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5116 on: March 22, 2021, 09:43:48 am »
the reason they haven't bothered is because they're raking in money hand over fist with gta online. which is fair enough, they're a business and they're there to make money.

but if that wasn't there I'd be pretty much 100% certain they'd have managed to get a new one out.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5117 on: March 22, 2021, 09:45:20 am »
Yeah we can't really expect Rockstar to dish out a GTA as frequently as a COD or Ass Creed. They create vast, realistic open worlds for GTA and RDR which take a lot of time and effort.

They did release them more frequently in previous generations but the tech has improved so much since the PS2 days.

Aye, I'm sure there's a middle ground though.

I think the most disappointing thing, surely, is that since GTA V they've seemingly focussed a lot more on GTA Online and the whole microtransaction buzz rather than making a new game. 8 years nearly since the last standalone game when they did five from 2001-2013 (plus a load of expansion packs/DLCs) is pretty poor I'd say. But then they've done RDR2 so who knows. It just seems likely that they're more focussed on the money they can make from online for both of those games, which is fair from a business POV but doesnt really excite the huge amount of gamers who want no part of that environment.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5118 on: March 22, 2021, 09:49:34 am »
Agree with the shouts about GTA Online, I gave it a go but it is just a microtransaction riddled mess and the load times were abysmal.

I want a remake or sequel of Bully! Or even the Manhunt games but I doubt they would fly in this current era!

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5119 on: March 22, 2021, 10:27:42 am »
GTA V is a massive game to follow up on. It's a once in a generation phenomenon. They need to make sure the next one delivers because the hype it will get is going to be unreal. They don't want to rush it out and end up with a disastrous flop that's dead two months after release like CDPR had with CyberPunk. I'd rather wait another two to three years for them to get it right cos if they do it'll probably be another game I and millions of others get years of play time out of.