Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 281043 times)

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• A cow, a moose and a dog walk into a bar. Mazdamaniac? Mazdad? Mazduh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice shall prevail. JFT96.
Re: GTA V
« Reply #5200 on: July 12, 2020, 09:59:25 AM »
Playing it for the 2nd time on PS3. Trying to get all missions completed on only gold/silver. About 20% completed and so far all good.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Believer
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #5201 on: July 12, 2020, 12:35:36 PM »
Me neither, I hate online. I won't play it online. Microtransactions are ruining Rockstar

I play online but never with other people, You are correct though, Rockstar have gone of a cliff the past 5 years or so. Releasing a remastered version of a remastered version proves the point. Problem is though for that kind of game they have no real competition unfortunately.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5202 on: July 12, 2020, 04:31:32 PM »
I play online but never with other people, You are correct though, Rockstar have gone of a cliff the past 5 years or so. Releasing a remastered version of a remastered version proves the point. Problem is though for that kind of game they have no real competition unfortunately.

Surely Cyberpunk 2077 will rival them?
I have no idea what Iím taking about

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Believer
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #5203 on: July 12, 2020, 05:45:29 PM »
Surely Cyberpunk 2077 will rival them?

What made the GTA games so popular was its realism, but the past few years rockstar have been moving away from that with its flying cars and alien guns. Itís like they are deliberately trying to piss of its own fan base for some reason.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Believer
« Reply #5204 on: July 26, 2020, 04:34:13 PM »
Me neither, I hate online. I won't play it online. Microtransactions are ruining Rockstar
I think the single player story mode alone was worth the money you paid but If you haven't played online you've missed out on 90% of the game
What do you need shark cards for ? You really really don't the streets are paved with gold you can grind away and do easy 3 min missions earning 20k
but the game is set up to encourage and reward team play with the Heist's and various Businesses and it doesn't take long to earn the GTA money for the next update.
What made the GTA games so popular was its realism, but the past few years rockstar have been moving away from that with its flying cars and alien guns. Itís like they are deliberately trying to piss of its own fan base for some reason.
I f you look at all the online forums & you tube clips before it went online you'll notice people where all searching for various secrets or conspiracy theory they believed where hidden in the game.
Since then Rockstar have been dropping those things into the online updates and retroactively changing the story mode itself to give the people what they want...
How many games have done all that without actually selling you another game.   

Having said all that there are some right a55holes playing online isn't there.

Offline Andy ⁎ Allerton

• Yarp. Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5205 on: September 13, 2020, 11:08:52 PM »
Running it with a RTX 2070 Super is very impressive

The Ray Tracing and shadows are amazing
Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors FC superfan since 8th May 2020

Offline Darren G

• Believer
« Reply #5206 on: September 14, 2020, 09:42:26 AM »
Running it with a RTX 2070 Super is very impressive

The Ray Tracing and shadows are amazing

Which mod are you using? I can guarantee you that you're not seeing ray tracing in GTA 5 right now regardless.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 07:54:14 PM by Darren G »

Offline ToneLa

• The haiku master. Kills it in transfer windows. Keeps the art alive...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Life goes by in doledrum
« Reply #5207 on: September 14, 2020, 08:18:25 PM »
https://www.pcgamesn.com/grand-theft-auto-v/gta-v-ray-tracing

Reshade can do some amazing things. I'm just so burned out on GTAV though. It's the city. I need pastures new.

Online Flaccido Dongingo

• Believer
« Reply #5208 on: September 15, 2020, 04:02:32 AM »
Ironically as gorgeous as GTA V is, it's the GTA I've played the least, finished the story on Xbox 360 when it came out, then got it for PS4 primarily to play online, but it didn't grab me, bit repetitive and there weren't many missions to do, can see why Take Two are in no rush to release a new one, it's the biggest grossing entertainment release of any kind ever, would love them to return to the grittier tone of GTA IV when they release a new one, but a story mode would only be a side dish now, as it would be developed solely with online in mind.

Offline Darren G

• Believer
« Reply #5209 on: September 15, 2020, 04:32:12 AM »
https://www.pcgamesn.com/grand-theft-auto-v/gta-v-ray-tracing

Reshade can do some amazing things. I'm just so burned out on GTAV though. It's the city. I need pastures new.

Yeah, reshades can be useful,but..... it's still not ray tracing though. Ray Tracing is not even supported on DX11 games such as GTA5.  It's a mod that tries to simulate the effects using enhanced cube maps and screen space reflections. It does improve the visuals a bit, but when proper ray tracing is implemented in the new version, I expect the difference to be stark. 

Offline Kopout

• Believer
« Reply #5210 on: September 15, 2020, 11:24:38 AM »
Going to play this just to try out mods which i haven't done at all for this gta. is there any vehicle handling mods which pushes it to gta 4 level?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5211 on: September 15, 2020, 01:29:05 PM »
I know reshade ain't real ray tracing but it scratches an itch til real ray tracing gets here  :)

Going to play this just to try out mods which i haven't done at all for this gta. is there any vehicle handling mods which pushes it to gta 4 level?

I've used this and enjoyed it, feels less floaty

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/gta-original-author-obajtektsw92-update-author-sakriguos
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 01:37:16 PM by ToneLa »

Offline Kopout

• Believer
« Reply #5212 on: September 15, 2020, 03:53:51 PM »
thanks. going to try that out.

Offline dalarr

• Call me sensitive
  • Believer
« Reply #5213 on: September 16, 2020, 10:09:15 AM »
but a story mode would only be a side dish now, as it would be developed solely with online in mind.
I hope you are wrong in that regard. Multiplayer was broken when I bought the game at release and I havenít bothered with it since. GTA for me has always been missions, challenges and free roaming. I even tend to role play when I have time.

I sincerely hope that TLOU 2 and God of War showed that single-player campaigns still are relevant. The day all games turn into multiplayer shite is the day I stop playing new games.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Believer
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #5214 on: September 16, 2020, 10:37:44 AM »
I hope you are wrong in that regard. Multiplayer was broken when I bought the game at release and I havenít bothered with it since. GTA for me has always been missions, challenges and free roaming. I even tend to role play when I have time.

I sincerely hope that TLOU 2 and God of War showed that single-player campaigns still are relevant. The day all games turn into multiplayer shite is the day I stop playing new games.

I never really bothered with GTA:Online, but I can kind of see how it could be fun, if you're playing with your mates. At the same time, the whole experience was clunky and therefore, I couldn't really be arsed with it. Sadly, I think it has been too successful for Rockstar to not make it a focal point in GTA VI. I don't really know what has been going on in the game after the first few content-updates that added the heists and the gun-runner stuff or whatever it was called. However, I think it makes sense for Rockstar to basically have the next game be GTA:Online with maybe a basic storyline so people get to know the world they're in, but then basically provide small updates that add in new multiplayer stuff...

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Believer
  • feck off
« Reply #5215 on: September 16, 2020, 10:43:55 AM »
As someone that has owned every GTA since the first one (barring the 'stories' stuff that seemed to only be on handhelds) I've pretty much accepted that series probably isn't for me any more as my interest in online is less than zero.

Online Bakez0151

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5216 on: September 16, 2020, 10:47:43 AM »
I don't play GTA that much, but doing online heists with your mates is great fun. I've never felt microtransactions were needed at all either, although like I say, only hop on to fuck around and do heists every now and then.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5217 on: September 16, 2020, 08:11:23 PM »

Oh totally. GTA started and remains Rockstar trying to do their own Hollywood crime capers

GTAV is their Heat

god knows how a Houser AND Benzies leaving changes things but if it was online only it'd drop all that. I can't see it

I'd love them to just do a seperate GTAOnline MMO with a monthly fee and an SP game every 5 years or so. Like the Elder Scrolls

But as for single player games, owning a PS4 has shown the way, as you allude to. I'd also like to mention Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Watch Dogs, Breath of the Wild, Civ, Xcom 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Ass Creed, Far Cry etc. as principally (though not exclusively) single player experiences

SP is not dead. It never will be.

Offline Andy ⁎ Allerton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5218 on: September 16, 2020, 10:19:27 PM »
Which mod are you using? I can guarantee you that you're not seeing ray tracing in GTA 5 right now regardless.

Oh OK. I turned on an option that seemed to be to do with ray tracing.

And then I turned all the shadows to full and high res and long shadows and everything maxed and everything full distance.

Then when I was standing on a train, I could see the shadows as the sun went behind a mountain and could see the shadows all the way into the distance map in high res.  You could see wind turbines on the hill and they were turning and the shadows were falling onto a beyond the train and the shadows were turning - showing the turbines shadows in real time

Looked amazing to me and if that's not using ray tracing then incredible from the programmers!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 10:26:08 PM by Andy ⁎ Allerton »

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5219 on: September 16, 2020, 10:31:46 PM »
Haha

Well GTAV can still look amazing. Between that and RDR2 I think they do, at least at release (GTAV on PS3 looked incredible) have top level graphics

Modding it is recommended. Reshade!

Offline Andy ⁎ Allerton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5220 on: September 17, 2020, 08:44:09 AM »
Haha

Well GTAV can still look amazing. Between that and RDR2 I think they do, at least at release (GTAV on PS3 looked incredible) have top level graphics

Modding it is recommended. Reshade!

I'll look into that mate cheers!

:)

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Cool as
« Reply #5221 on: September 17, 2020, 03:40:57 PM »
Controversial opinion. I prefer GTA San Andreas and GTA IV's story mode to GTA V.

San Andreas is better than GTA V in tons of ways for me. More fun, better story, better missions, more variety. GTA V is more impressive from a technical standpoint, but San Andreas is a much more memorable experience.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5222 on: September 17, 2020, 04:15:43 PM »
I tried to play San Andreas recently (ditto Vice City) and it's just so terrible to control it's not worth it

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Believer
  • feck off
« Reply #5223 on: September 17, 2020, 04:42:14 PM »
No surprise considering its age. I loved that game when it was new, best game I'd ever played

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5224 on: September 17, 2020, 04:47:16 PM »
I wish Rockstar weren't such fucking dicks when someone tries to remake one of the older games' maps in GTAV.

Liberty City in GTAV's engine would sell loads of copies. Especially if they did something like Valve making Black Mesa official.

I wouldn't mind but they do absolutely nothing themselves to keep old games up to date. Luckily GTAIV has a load of community fixes (I was into it again recently and happen to think it has far better, open mission design than GTAV)

But oh how I am tired of Los Santos

Online Flaccido Dongingo

• Believer
« Reply #5225 on: September 18, 2020, 03:31:56 PM »
I tried to play San Andreas recently (ditto Vice City) and it's just so terrible to control it's not worth it
Yep, bought it on PS4 for a nostalgia kick, and it's amazing how you remember games through rose tinted glasses vs how they actually end up looking.