Author Topic: General Everton Discussion Thread #theygothegame  (Read 840176 times)

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Re: General Everton Discussion Thread
« Reply #10080 on: February 9, 2014, 10:07:33 pm »
The big question is are Everton now a better team than they were under Moyes?
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10081 on: February 9, 2014, 10:10:19 pm »

Yes, slightly
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10082 on: February 9, 2014, 10:13:41 pm »

Of course they are. They're above United.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #10083 on: February 9, 2014, 10:18:14 pm »
God Greame Sharp is a bitter twat. Listening to him after the match "This is a difficult place to come to. Not many teams come here and get something, apart from City who put 5 past them".
Hmmm forgetting a certain other team who put 5 past them as well there Greame.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #10084 on: February 9, 2014, 10:27:42 pm »
They're using their lack of spending as their excuse. 7th place awaits them :lmao
Another urban myth by them lot. They squad is the 8th highest assemble in the league. So they are where they are not over achieving at all. Which is another thing they like to tell us.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10085 on: February 9, 2014, 11:55:34 pm »
"im not angry and im not dissapointed, because i know that come summer, we are gonna buy loan some class players and we will be turning over the likes of spurs and liverpool on a regular basis."

Word.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #10086 on: February 10, 2014, 01:44:13 am »
Get the fire brigade on stand by! Those Clattenburg effigies will be getting burnt over the entire length of County Road tonight!

The 'County Road' in Rhyl, right?

Offline BUSHMILLS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10087 on: February 10, 2014, 01:50:15 am »
What happened to their european tour next season?

"You don't need to qualify for Europe to go on a European tour".

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10088 on: February 10, 2014, 03:22:42 am »
Don't worry lads, I've heard the Premier League are going to start handing out points for moral victories. They'll be favourites for the title next season.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
« Reply #10089 on: February 10, 2014, 05:15:17 am »
I went into this thread to see what was the level of bitterness, goodness me they are on form. The debate over Suarez (though you have to admit some of their posters are honest) is absolutely laughable. Like they are pure angels them blues players  ::)

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10090 on: February 10, 2014, 05:45:32 am »
Everton have improved drastically this season, but unfortunately for them they have run into us at a time when our trajectory as a club is only going one way.

We already have a stronger team and squad than them and they are losing some of their key players in the summer after they return to their parent clubs.

Martinez is doing a fine job, but there is a limit to what you can achieve with the sort of resources he has. They are about to fall significantly behind us for years to come
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #10091 on: February 10, 2014, 08:56:09 am »
Everton have improved drastically this season, but unfortunately for them they have run into us at a time when our trajectory as a club is only going one way.

We already have a stronger team and squad than them and they are losing some of their key players in the summer after they return to their parent clubs.

Martinez is doing a fine job, but there is a limit to what you can achieve with the sort of resources he has. They are about to fall significantly behind us for years to come

They are only papering over the cracks.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10092 on: February 10, 2014, 09:14:19 am »
They are only papering over the cracks.

Yup Martinez's permanent transfers have been pretty shite if you look at it.

Arouna Kone 7m
James McCarthy 15m
Joel Robles 4m
Antolin Alcaraz free
Aiden Mcgeady 2m

That is about 28 million in spending (Could be worse, could have bought Fellaini) with almost no improvement to first team. Kone is old, shite and injured, Robles has been back up goalie but has looked shaky when he has played. Alcaraz is old, shite and has been injured for most part and Mcgeady is probably just a squad player. James McCarthy has been pretty solid for them but I don't think he is a huge upgrade on Darren Gibson who has been injured all season. In the next year or so they will need to replace 4-5 members of there first team with players like Lukaku and Delefeou returning to there clubs. Distin and Osman getting older. They might sign Barry but he is 33 himself. Martinez will have to be very shrewd in the transfer market just to maintain the quality in the squad.

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #10093 on: February 10, 2014, 09:19:37 am »
another GOT gem
I wonder if Suarez plays in our system, will he score as much? Apart from Suarez, we don't have an inferior team compare to them.
Delboy = sturridge
Coutinho = mirallas
Gerard = Barkley
Our back 4 is certainly stronger.

:lmao

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10094 on: February 10, 2014, 09:25:07 am »
another GOT gem
I wonder if Suarez plays in our system, will he score as much? Apart from Suarez, we don't have an inferior team compare to them.
Delboy = sturridge
Coutinho = mirallas
Gerard = Barkley

There are crazy people on every forum. I'd be more worried if this guy didn't instantly get met by a barrage of abuse by his own fans in response to this insanity !
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10095 on: February 10, 2014, 09:26:44 am »
another GOT gem
Delboy = sturridge
Coutinho = mirallas
Gerard = Barkley

PL's 2nd highest goal scorer is not better than a kid who has made 2 starts all season.  :duh

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #10096 on: February 10, 2014, 11:25:22 am »
another GOT gem
Delboy = sturridge
Coutinho = mirallas
Gerard = Barkley

You couldn't make it up. :lmao

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10097 on: February 10, 2014, 11:31:59 am »
another GOT gem
Delboy = sturridge
Coutinho = mirallas
Gerard = Barkley

But surely Naismith>Suarez ?

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #10098 on: February 10, 2014, 11:33:07 am »
But surely Naismith>Suarez ?

He was awful yesterday.

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10099 on: February 10, 2014, 11:37:30 am »
He was awful yesterday.

His stepover was rather spectacular though. We need a gif.   ;D

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10100 on: February 10, 2014, 01:34:22 pm »
James McCarthy 15m
Wow, is that what they paid for him ? I know he is young-ish (23/24?) but he looks pretty limited for that kind of dollar. A Kings ransom to them.

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #10101 on: February 10, 2014, 01:36:19 pm »
He was awful yesterday. always

sorted
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #10102 on: February 10, 2014, 01:41:32 pm »

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #10103 on: February 10, 2014, 02:36:10 pm »
"im not angry and im not dissapointed, because i know that come summer, we are gonna buy some class players and we will be turning over the likes of spurs and liverpool on a regular basis."

Word.

Well its already plainly obviously for everyone to see what a big loss Lukaku is going to be for Everton when his loan expires.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #10104 on: February 10, 2014, 02:37:13 pm »
Wow, is that what they paid for him ? I know he is young-ish (23/24?) but he looks pretty limited for that kind of dollar. A Kings ransom to them.

I'm pretty sure Martinez said when he signed him that he would have been willing to pay £24m for him, let alone £15m, believe it or not

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #10105 on: February 10, 2014, 03:09:17 pm »
I'm pretty sure Martinez said when he signed him that he would have been willing to pay £24m for him, let alone £15m, believe it or not

Who?

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10107 on: February 10, 2014, 03:35:13 pm »
Gets on my tits when they compare Barkley to Gerrard, what the fuck has that overrated twat even fucking done? he isn't and never will be half as good as Gerrard is now never mind when Gerrard was in his peak, it's absolutely criminal to compare the two.

Certainly is.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10108 on: February 10, 2014, 03:51:31 pm »

To be fair he would have looked a right bargain when they had just picked up 27m or whatever for Feilani.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #10109 on: February 10, 2014, 04:24:34 pm »
They can't let one bad result have them lose faith in Bobby Brown Boxers. He needs time to ruin the defence.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10110 on: February 10, 2014, 05:27:52 pm »
Gets on my tits when they compare Barkley to Gerrard, what the fuck has that overrated twat even fucking done? he isn't and never will be half as good as Gerrard is now never mind when Gerrard was in his peak, it's absolutely criminal to compare the two.

Certainly is.

I got called a Mug  by a obnoxious little Shit on here ( Lil' something ?) when i had the bare faced cheek to laugh when some posters were saying Barkley was guaranteed to be in the first 11 for England in their opening game in Brazil .

Been fucking proved right now haven't I :P

He will be a good player no doubt but he's got a long way to go before he gets to the level some people think he's at now.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #10111 on: February 10, 2014, 05:51:54 pm »
I got called a Mug  by a obnoxious little Shit on here ( Lil' something ?) when i had the bare faced cheek to laugh when some posters were saying Barkley was guaranteed to be in the first 11 for England in their opening game in Brazil .

He will be a good player no doubt but he's got a long way to go before he gets to the level some people think he's at now.

Barkley wouldn't get in our team, but then again they reckon only Suarez would get in their team. :lmao

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10112 on: February 10, 2014, 06:43:48 pm »
Barkley wouldn't get in our team, but then again they reckon only Suarez would get in their team. :lmao
I think your right ,Barkley wouldn't get in our team on current merit but I think he will become a top player at some stage.

Only Suarez would get in their team hahaha, you've got to love their unwavering deluded devotion to their players. They could be in the relegation zone and would still say the same thing :D

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #10113 on: February 10, 2014, 06:47:26 pm »
Lovely reading that. Makes me glad that I picked the right team to support. Fear makes you like that, they are actually scared that we can beat them to the top 4. 3 points vs spurs and we are only 2 points behind them. I can see rodgers getting fired if they don't make top 4.

Then started the spurs game....

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #10114 on: February 10, 2014, 06:55:14 pm »

Then started the spurs game....

Where have you got that from mate? Got a link?

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #10115 on: February 10, 2014, 09:40:30 pm »
Wonder if Blue Bill is regretting telling the world that Martinez promised him Champions League football.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10116 on: February 10, 2014, 09:41:44 pm »
Wonder if Blue Bill is regretting telling the world that Martinez promised him Champions League football.

"Where's the Champions League Football, Bill"

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #10117 on: February 10, 2014, 09:49:04 pm »
"Where's the Champions League Football, Bill"

;D

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #10118 on: February 10, 2014, 10:16:43 pm »

Ah but you forget, England are fucking shite, in international terms they are a 4th division side.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline BUSHMILLS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10119 on: February 10, 2014, 10:53:08 pm »
Don't worry lads, I've heard the Premier League are going to start handing out points for moral victories. They'll be favourites for the title next season.

First club to get three points for a moral victory.