Author Topic: Craig Johnston on Talksport right now  (Read 22460 times)

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
Craig Johnston on Talksport right now
« on: September 15, 2011, 11:56:34 am »
Keys and Gray are talking to Craig on their show right now.  Absolutely fucking brilliant stuff!

I didn't realise how much Keys was affected by the Hillsborough disaster, as his wife is a scouser.

Keys and Gray have also announced that they're having a Hillsborough week at the beginning of October, as they want the truth out.

Whatever you think of them, fair play is what I say.

I imagine the interview will be on the site later.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline PhilAnderer

• Kopite
  • Smack my arse
Re: Craig Johnston on Talksport right now
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 11:59:50 am »
Really is a fantastic interview. Missed some of it but will listen to it later.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 12:01:08 pm »
Interesting.
By and large I think they're a pair of twats and therefore never listen to them bar when they have an interesting guest as they do tend to give them a lot of time.
Have switched on.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 12:01:42 pm »
Quality.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Sinbad

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 12:03:06 pm »
Absolute brilliant life story from Craig.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 12:05:33 pm »
Missed this, any way I can listen to it later?

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 12:06:25 pm »
I didn't realise what happened to his sister a very sad story.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 12:06:59 pm »

I imagine it will be on the Talk Sport site later.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline AlanMc

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 12:09:55 pm »
Think Craig could talk for four hours and it would still be interesting.

Offline MiserableP15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 12:12:52 pm »
It's still on now Siann. You can listen live through the website
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/how-to-listen
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 12:13:13 pm »

Should be up on the Talksport site later.

Gray and Keys were slagging off S*n reporters for their front page story today as well.  Gray got really worked up about it, as he's been set up by them before.

Must admit it's been a really good show.  I don't normally get to listen in as I'm at work.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 12:15:05 pm »
jesus i didnt even realize gray and keys went to talksport

good on them
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 12:16:49 pm »
Should be up on the Talksport site later.

Gray and Keys were slagging off S*n reporters for their front page story today as well.  Gray got really worked up about it, as he's been set up by them before.

Must admit it's been a really good show.  I don't normally get to listen in as I'm at work.

But a bit ironic given McKenzie's links with Talksport
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 12:18:46 pm »

Maybe it is ironic, but he still said it.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 12:20:50 pm »
Can't stand either Keys or Gray but fair play to them for this.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 12:21:52 pm »
Maybe it is ironic, but he still said it.

So McKenzie is forgotten about, as is where the station comes from? Not for me

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 12:22:47 pm »

Maybe they are trying to but that part of their history behind them now, it will be interesting what they say about him and that headline when they have their Hillsborough week.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 12:26:01 pm »
Craig's talking so much sense.  Could listen to him for hours.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 12:26:43 pm »
Maybe they are trying to but that part of their history behind them now, it will be interesting what they say about him and that headline when they have their Hillsborough week.

Let us know, for me we haven't fought for twenty odd years for Talksport, McKenzie's lovechild, and their presenters (esp Gray) to suddenly jump on a populist bandwaggon. 

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 12:29:59 pm »

I fucking hate both Talksport and McKenzie but McKenzie doesn't work their any more and Murdoch no longer owns Talkshite. I am uneasy about this as well but lets see how it pans out, it's the typical talkshite listener who probably needs educating about Hillsborough more than anyone.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 12:32:04 pm »
I just loved Craigs rant at the end about money in football.

Offline MiserableP15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 12:32:25 pm »
Let us know, for me we haven't fought for twenty odd years for Talksport, McKenzie's lovechild, and their presenters (esp Gray) to suddenly jump on a populist bandwaggon.

You could look at it another way. Mckenzie's own lovechild turning back against him.

I did find it odd that they were sacked from Sky and within a matter of months were on the radio of an associated company. Seemed a bit of a publicity stunt when all was done and dusted.

I fucking hate both Talksport and McKenzie but McKenzie doesn't work their any more and Murdoch no longer owns Talkshite. I am uneasy about this as well but lets see how it pans out, it's the typical talkshite listener who probably needs educating about Hillsborough more than anyone.

Just seen this. Are they not still part of the same group/affiliated companies now Al?

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2011, 12:32:56 pm »

Might be right Al, but I'm not the typical Talksport listener, I know enough about Hillsborough to last me one life time, so won't be bothering me arse.

Offline kev_goss

• Lost: Remote control puppy. Please help reunite a tearful child with his pride and joy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Goodnight sweet girl gonna miss you
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2011, 12:35:36 pm »

Spot on about the talkshite listener, so many times after I moved to derbyshire I've had to correct wanker talkshite listeners about why were still fighting for justice after 20+ years, and the shocking part is its from some of our own so called fans, so if talkshite stay true to there word and amend fucktards perceptions on hillsborough then it can only be a good thing.
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
Dalai Lama

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2011, 12:38:12 pm »
Talksport is now owned by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTV_Radio who ousted Mackenzie from the company who set up Talksport in June 2005.

Offline paulgil23

• Kemlynite
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2011, 12:38:18 pm »
Best sports interview I've heard in a very long time.
Inspiring story about the will to succeed in the face of rejection.
Even more inspiring, the commitment to his family to pack it in when playing at the highest level, to look after his sister.
Also, agree with most of his views about fixing the way the English game is ran, both financially and morally.
Gonna have to buy his autobiography.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2011, 12:38:57 pm »

Spot on about the talkshite listener, so many times after I moved to derbyshire I've had to correct wanker talkshite listeners about why were still fighting for justice after 20+ years, and the shocking part is its from some of our own so called fans, so if talkshite stay true to there word and amend fucktards perceptions on hillsborough then it can only be a good thing.

Maybe the legal system of the UK acting in a correct and dignified manner would be a more appropriate solution.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2011, 12:40:19 pm »
They have that c*nt Beasley on there now can't stand the twat bumped into him once outside Anfield and called him a c*nt to his face.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2011, 12:42:58 pm »
Talksport is now owned by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTV_Radio who ousted Mackenzie from the company who set up Talksport in June 2005.

The S*n has different owners, journalists, editors. Fact is more than any other media outlet Talksport is intrinsictly linked with McKenzie, he, along with his mate, set it up, ran it, made dough out of it.

Nah, not for me.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2011, 12:43:14 pm »
Craig Johnston is an inspiring man.

The week after Hillsborough I was with my son and daughter placing my scarf on the barrier near my old spec on the Kop. As I looked to my right, stood a yard or so away on his own, both hands on the crush barrier gazing out over the pitch, was a guy in a leather jacket and jeans. It was Johnno. He turned to meet my gaze. He told me he'd just flown over from Australia simply to share in the grief of the club and people he loved. The tears welled in both our eyes as he told me. We instinctively hugged each other, tears trickling . I thanked him warmly for showing how much he cared and how much it meant. We left him standing there gazing across the Anfield pitch he had graced not that many years earlier.

That brief moment helped me enormously in dealing with what was happening.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2011, 12:47:51 pm »
Might be right Al, but I'm not the typical Talksport listener, I know enough about Hillsborough to last me one life time, so won't be bothering me arse.

As I say I am uneasy as well John, let's hope it is a simpler version of Hillsborough for dummies, an even simpler version that your average Talkshite listener can understand. As long as the truth about what actually happened at Hillsborough is accurately portrayed to as many people as possible then hopefully it can only be a good thing.

I may not of agreed with it at the time but the amount of good the facebook groups who highlighted what was happening with H&G did was immense.

It's not for the people like you who have done so much with regards to Hillsborough it's getting across the message to the people who simply cannot be arsed finding out for themselves what actually happened.

It's a sad indictment of the World we live in but there are millions of people out there who need the information  spoon feeding to them, they are exactly the audience that generally listens to talkshite.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2011, 12:49:22 pm »

The week after Hillsborough I was with my son and daughter placing my scarf on the barrier near my old spec on the Kop. As I looked to my right, stood a yard or so away on his own, both hands on the crush barrier gazing out over the pitch, was a guy in a leather jacket and jeans. It was Johnno. He turned to meet my gaze. He told me he'd just flown over from Australia simply to share in the grief of the club and people he loved. The tears welled in both our eyes as he told me. We instinctively hugged each other, tears trickling . I thanked him warmly for showing how much he cared and how much it meant. We left him standing there gazing across the Anfield pitch he had graced not that many years earlier.

Thanks for sharing that mate, great story.
We are Liverpool!

Offline kev_goss

• Lost: Remote control puppy. Please help reunite a tearful child with his pride and joy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Goodnight sweet girl gonna miss you
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2011, 12:49:22 pm »
Maybe the legal system of the UK acting in a correct and dignified manner would be a more appropriate solution.

Fat chance of that hey John, but if this changes peoples view on hillsborough it could only help our cause further dont you think?
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
Dalai Lama

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2011, 12:53:30 pm »
The S*n has different owners, journalists, editors. Fact is more than any other media outlet Talksport is intrinsictly linked with McKenzie, he, along with his mate, set it up, ran it, made dough out of it.

Nah, not for me.
How has the S** got different owners? It was Murdoch owned in 89 and is Murdoch owned in 2011?

As for Mackenzie clearly he set it up & make money from it and I'm not denying that. What is a fact however is that he's not been part of the Talksport ownership/management structure for 6 years and the station is under the control of a different set of people altogether. So if Talksport chose to run features on Hillsborough then as others in this thread have said it's probably the Talksport listeners more than any others that need educating on the actual events of that day and that surely can only be a good thing?

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2011, 12:56:02 pm »

It would but one of the reasons they got away with the cover up is because the general public simply aren't aware of what actually happened. The more people know the truth the less chance the bastards have of keeping it covered up. The more chance there is of the families finally getting justice.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline redhot-robbie

• Kopite
  • and could he play!
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2011, 12:58:57 pm »
Absolute Gem of and interview, his story is fantastic!  Wish some of the kids of today would take note of his attitude when he was 15.

Top bloke.
"What you achieve in life, echoes in eternity"

royhendo

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2011, 01:01:10 pm »
Well, aside from the taint of McKenzie and the other glaring issues with TalkSport, I heard this and it was excellent - Johnston did well on our behalf I felt.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2011, 01:13:37 pm »
How has the S** got different owners? It was Murdoch owned in 89 and is Murdoch owned in 2011?

I hasn't, I was not thinking straight

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2011, 01:14:59 pm »

That's a lovely story. :)

Will give this show a listen later, sounds interesting.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."