Author Topic: Stoke 1 - 0 Liverpool (Walters) Sept 10th KO 3PM  (Read 86178 times)

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Stoke 1 - 0 Liverpool (Walters) Sept 10th KO 3PM
« Reply #1640 on: September 11, 2011, 03:09:38 pm »
I tell you one thing that gets me fuckin angry and its not the ref, its not our players, its not the linesman....its some of our gobshite fuckin away fans who feel the need to snap chairs and kick the shit out of everything when we dont do well at another clubs ground!!

Was sat in block 40 about row 20 and there's these group of 20 somethin lads 4 rows behind me kicking the shit of of chairs, shouting abuse at the ref, shouting shite at Peter Crouch (who incidently was a great player for us and who we should have alot of respect for), and swearing and shouting at our own fuckin players when things didnt go well!

It was an incredibly frustrating day yesterday. It always is when we go there (remember last year??!). That doesnt mean individuals should resort the bollocks like that.

Rant over!

we have a significant number of complete knobheads amongst our travelling support I agree

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1641 on: September 11, 2011, 03:10:05 pm »
all we want as supporters is consistant refereeing. if that was a foul and penalty by carragher then why isnt the same (and often far worse) offence , i.e. holding, punished at every corner,free kick and throw in into the box? also there is NO WAY that an arm around the waist with hardly any contact should fell a man of the same size, but the stoke player threw himself to the floor as if he'd been clotheslined by jonah lomu.

Yeah whereas Luis never goes down easily looking for the decision does he.

It was a penalty, get over it and move on.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1642 on: September 11, 2011, 03:10:07 pm »
Did anyone notice BBC Sport had the result 1-1?
Knobheads.
Yeah I looked at the other scores and saw that so I was expecting a goal that never came on the stream.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1643 on: September 11, 2011, 03:14:01 pm »
Sorry dont agree mate. Walters just gave Carra a good old-fashioned shoulder-barge. Nothing wrong with that imo. Whereas Carra definitely was pulling Walters down as he went to ground. Definate penalty.

Not sure what rule book you're using but ... shoulder barge = foul according to the official rules of the game

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #1644 on: September 11, 2011, 03:14:48 pm »
Did anyone notice BBC Sport had the result 1-1?
Knobheads.
Absolutely right. Christ, I thought we'd equalized. I'd love to hear an explanation for that one.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1645 on: September 11, 2011, 03:17:10 pm »
Not sure what rule book you're using but ... shoulder barge = foul according to the official rules of the game
Eh? Nothing wrong with being too strong for someone by putting your shoulder in.

Offline sidneyroughdiamond

• Legacy Fan
  • There is a light that never goes out
« Reply #1646 on: September 11, 2011, 03:17:46 pm »
Absolutely right. Christ, I thought we'd equalized. I'd love to hear an explanation for that one.

And the f@@kers must have left it like that for a good 20minutes.
Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1647 on: September 11, 2011, 03:20:06 pm »
Eh? Nothing wrong with being too strong for someone by putting your shoulder in.

Yes - shoulder to shoulder challenges are fine but what Walters did (which was paying no attention to where the ball was but simply shoulder barging Carragher out of the way) is a foul.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:21:47 pm by Smudgester »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1648 on: September 11, 2011, 03:23:09 pm »
Yes - shoulder to shoulder challenges are fine but what Walters did (which was paying no attention to where the ball was but simply shoulder barging Carragher out of the way) is a foul.

when you have possession of the ball, a foul is never given. see it so many times every game when a defender lets the ball go out under pressure from an attacker

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1649 on: September 11, 2011, 03:31:34 pm »
Yeah I looked at the other scores and saw that so I was expecting a goal that never came on the stream.
Same, what a joke aye.

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #1650 on: September 11, 2011, 03:32:21 pm »
suarez MIGHT go down a little easy but he doesnt get the decisions, thats the point.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1651 on: September 11, 2011, 03:44:34 pm »
suarez MIGHT go down a little easy but he doesnt get the decisions, thats the point.

I thought your point was that Walters went down too easily.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1652 on: September 11, 2011, 03:51:47 pm »
Also got to thinking this morning ... wasn't yesterday the first time we'd had Clattenburg for ages ?

Offline Calciotore

• Legacy Fan
  • Ho scelto di scendere in campo
« Reply #1653 on: September 11, 2011, 03:57:06 pm »
Stoke's penalty was nailed on, Carra let him get the wrong side and then was stupid enough to grab hold of him. That's two terrible errors in two games, the guy really needs benching.

I agree.

I was at the game yesterday and my first thought was that it was a really soft penalty but it was appalling defending by Carra.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #1654 on: September 11, 2011, 04:07:31 pm »
haha, WUM? the discussion on the red card is relevant given that the ref gave a foul. i dont see how you can argue that if the ref called it a foul, then it could have been a red

you could see in carras reaction, along with agger especially trying to convince the ref that he wasnt the last man. that for me tells you enough about the potential for a red card being real

think the fact he didnt get a red card shows that maybe the ref wasnt entirely sure.

WUM = Wind Up Merchant

If you are honestly thinking that it was a red card we would have run out of players come October.  It was an initial foul on Carragher.  After that it was a very soft penalty but it runs true with how our season has transpired so far

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #1655 on: September 11, 2011, 04:09:30 pm »
that's how i saw it too..
carragher had gotten away with dragging down opponents in the box before, so luck evens out..

Initial foul by Walters?

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #1656 on: September 11, 2011, 04:11:11 pm »
I agree.

I was at the game yesterday and my first thought was that it was a really soft penalty but it was appalling defending by Carra.

Walters committed the first foul by pulling Carraghers arm.  They both came together and Carragher did drag him down as Walters was leaning back into Carra.  If you ignore the initial foul, yes - it was a penalty.  Harsh but it was one

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #1657 on: September 11, 2011, 04:15:20 pm »
I tell you one thing that gets me fuckin angry and its not the ref, its not our players, its not the linesman....its some of our gobshite fuckin away fans who feel the need to snap chairs and kick the shit out of everything when we dont do well at another clubs ground!!

Was sat in block 40 about row 20 and there's these group of 20 somethin lads 4 rows behind me kicking the shit of of chairs, shouting abuse at the ref, shouting shite at Peter Crouch (who incidently was a great player for us and who we should have alot of respect for), and swearing and shouting at our own fuckin players when things didnt go well!

It was an incredibly frustrating day yesterday. It always is when we go there (remember last year??!). That doesnt mean individuals should resort the bollocks like that.

Rant over!

Did you say anything, out of interest? Didn't see a lot of it yesterday. I just laugh it off, every club has lads who do that sort of thing. No need to be bellyaching about it, it's always went on.

The chair thing isn't on, but whenever I've been at the game since Crouch left and he's played, he's got a bit of stick, usually a "fuck off to play for England" muttering.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #1658 on: September 11, 2011, 04:20:07 pm »
Nearly just fell out of my chair, i actually agree with Merson: http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16461_7168590,00.html

Maybe my subconscious feels sorry for him after he had that stuttering break down on Sky Sports watching Arsenal get hammered by United.
-YNWA-

Offline maqu006

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK's literary theorist
« Reply #1659 on: September 11, 2011, 04:22:31 pm »
Also got to thinking this morning ... wasn't yesterday the first time we'd had Clattenburg for ages ?

Last time he reffed us, he did not send off Kuyt against the Bitters and Kuyt went on to score the winner...I knew he'd mess it up yesterday to compensate for that.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1660 on: September 11, 2011, 04:31:31 pm »
we got beat yesterday because we tried to play football and Stoke parked the bus, we should have started with Carroll and let him beat the shit out of there defence and then bring Bellamy on last 20 and let him run riot, and the shot by Hendo and Adam were embarrassing. he took the first shot a bit early, and for the second could have squared it to Suarez

Wow. Congratulations mr hindsight.

We got beat yesterday because JC gave the ref decision to make on a 50-50 penalty that was given one way and not the other. One 80-20 handball was that was not given our way. And another 50-50 pen decision that was (again) not given our way.

Coupled with Hendersons lack of composure in the one on one (to either score himself or pass to a better positioned player), a very weak header from Downing, a weaker one from Bellamy, and a miss from Suarez that everyone normally expects him to score, these (IMO) are the reasons we got beat.

I've made them statements with total hindsight - but I'm tending towards backing them with some sort of factual evidence as opposed to your fantasy of "we should have done this, then we would have won" approach.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #1661 on: September 11, 2011, 04:39:20 pm »
-YNWA-

Offline rizthebiz

• Main Stander
« Reply #1662 on: September 11, 2011, 04:45:43 pm »
We missed some easy chances and were unlucky with the penalty decisions...stuff happens. It was just one of those days were nothing went our way.

I only saw the last 25mins in full and I was happy with the play, that we passed well and kept pressuring their goal. Sure we're still lacking some cutting edge in the final 3rd at times but any other day, we would have got a penalty, suarez would have scored his last minute goal, henderson would have chipped the keeper....we would have won 3-0 and all would be great.

I can't see us losing too many in this manner.

Bring on Spurs and get this out of the system.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1663 on: September 11, 2011, 05:46:12 pm »
Suarez' chance was not as easy as some are making out.
The (Carra) Pen was 50/50, not nailed on like some are making out.
Henderson of course could of done better but Ive seen better finishers miss those.

Overall we played pretty well but just were not clinical enough.
That is the difference between us and the likes of Utd.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1664 on: September 11, 2011, 05:47:16 pm »
Last time he reffed us, he did not send off Kuyt against the Bitters and Kuyt went on to score the winner...I knew he'd mess it up yesterday to compensate for that.

That's what I thought but I wondered if anyone else knew for certain cos that's nigh on 3 fucking years ago !!!

Regargless of whether you like him or not - how can it be possible for any ref to not take charge of a particular club's games for 3 YEARS !!!! That's without even bringing in the possibility of him looking to make amends for what was generally perceived to be an absolute disaster of a performance.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:48:50 pm by Smudgester »

Offline trigger

• sexist and shallow
  • Legacy Fan
  • The romans invented the knob on a stick
« Reply #1665 on: September 11, 2011, 06:45:58 pm »
Just been watching it again on MOTD, and initially i was harsh on Carragher. The lad clearly shoves his elbow into his neck in plain sight of Twattenberg...ok Carra should know better than to loop his arm round Walters' waist, but it's definately a case of six of one and half a dozen of the other. The referee had a good view of it and came down on the side of poor ickle Stoke.....Kenny is right to be pissed off!

It wasn't a pen.
Frankly if your team is mentioned in a Liverpool song, you should be chuffed

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1666 on: September 11, 2011, 06:56:21 pm »
Craig Bellemy summed it up for me, when he called Clattenberg a shithouse.
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #1667 on: September 11, 2011, 06:57:39 pm »
Pen or no pen we had chances to win the game yesterday but you get those sort of days the line up was ok would of brought Johnson on earlier as skirtl is not RB.

Got a little be frustrated at carra punting it forward all the time.

Bounce back now and get a result at spurs

And to top it all off got stuck in the car park for nearly an hour :butt

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1668 on: September 11, 2011, 07:47:48 pm »
Did you say anything, out of interest? Didn't see a lot of it yesterday. I just laugh it off, every club has lads who do that sort of thing. No need to be bellyaching about it, it's always went on.

The chair thing isn't on, but whenever I've been at the game since Crouch left and he's played, he's got a bit of stick, usually a "fuck off to play for England" muttering.

I told them to shut the fuck up and support the team after the 10th time of hearing 'ffs lucas you're shite' or 'fuck of crouchy you lanky bag of shite' or 'fuckoff henderson you shithouse'.

Have to admit that when they started snapping chair I didnt dare say anything.... :-[
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1669 on: September 11, 2011, 07:47:49 pm »

Exactly. Nothing wrong with Walters shoulder charge on Carra.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #1670 on: September 11, 2011, 08:06:15 pm »
Long time since we conceded first and went on to win. Really long time.

Didn't feel we were going to get one yesterday. Don't really know why but as soon as they scored from the pen my gut feeling was we were going to lose.

That's not to say that i wasn't wishing, hoping and willing us to get back into it but it was almost fucking scripted yesterday.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline _Lfc_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *YNWA*
« Reply #1671 on: September 11, 2011, 08:06:38 pm »
Have to try and forget about this game,they are a horrible lucky team,at least we don't have to go back there.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1672 on: September 11, 2011, 08:18:44 pm »
Craig Bellemy summed it up for me, when he called Clattenberg a shithouse.

When did he do that? :)
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline stardorman

• Very gullible, please avoid showing him photoshops
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • working in a coal mine, going down, down, down..
« Reply #1673 on: September 11, 2011, 08:22:18 pm »
They play a stinking style of football. Kind of like fat sam, but what can you do. They're horrible and always will be. If thats the only game we lose this season i'll be happy. A win at Brighton and White hart lane will soon wash it outta my system.

Offline GEMSTAR58

• Kopite
  • Liverpool was made for me and i for liverpool.

Offline _Lfc_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *YNWA*
« Reply #1675 on: September 11, 2011, 08:36:37 pm »
75% possesion is a good sign.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1676 on: September 11, 2011, 08:39:47 pm »
Thanks to all who responded nicely :) especially hesbighesred. Accept this result for what it is. I'm sure you'll get your revenge at Anfield.

On a side note, I can't understand some of your fans abusing Crouch and kicking the shit out of our chairs, ah well. Oh, and people from Stoke are nice and friendly mostly, can't understand the guy who said that they were very hostile.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1677 on: September 11, 2011, 08:41:08 pm »
Thanks to all who responded nicely :) especially hesbighesred. Accept this result for what it is. I'm sure you'll get your revenge at Anfield.

On a side note, I can't understand some of your fans abusing Crouch and kicking the shit out of our chairs, ah well. Oh, and people from Stoke are nice and friendly mostly, can't understand the guy who said that they were very hostile.

I personally dislike Crouch for being a complete ingrate

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1678 on: September 11, 2011, 08:43:23 pm »
I personally dislike Crouch for being a complete ingrate
Eh?

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #1679 on: September 11, 2011, 08:44:56 pm »
Any good feelings I had towards Crouch disappeared when he moved because his England place was under threat.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.