Author Topic: Things that make you feel old  (Read 27960 times)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
Re: Things that make you feel old
« Reply #520 on: March 13, 2024, 11:02:13 pm »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: March 14, 2024, 10:05:47 am »
Took the kids to the cinema and you need a code for the toilets. I asked the young lady for the code and she replied: "It's 1104 and then hashtag". She paused for a moment and took a good look at my face, then she said "square" and drew a hashtag with her finger.
I'm 39.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #522 on: March 14, 2024, 11:10:29 am »
Took the kids to the cinema and you need a code for the toilets. I asked the young lady for the code and she replied: "It's 1104 and then hashtag". She paused for a moment and took a good look at my face, then she said "square" and drew a hashtag with her finger.
I'm 39.
so you should know better.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: March 14, 2024, 11:11:25 am »
btw: why do you need a code for the toilets at a cinema?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #524 on: March 14, 2024, 12:01:43 pm »

intermittent elimination?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #525 on: March 16, 2024, 10:06:01 am »
At my local one, to stop spice heads sniffing in their toilets and collapsing.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #526 on: March 16, 2024, 10:16:54 am »
Me knees .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: March 16, 2024, 11:44:58 am »
Watching Bangers and Cash and they were picking up a bike from some fella. He's had the bike for 40 years says the voice over, so I'm picturing a Triumph Tiger Cub, Bonneville or a BSA from the 1960's, early 70's. Its a W reg, 1980 Yamaha RD250LC, I had a W reg 350LC when I was 21, Elsies can't be 44 years old ffs.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #528 on: March 16, 2024, 01:13:04 pm »
Me knees .
Same.
Thought it was a good idea in my early teens to play footy for the school team on a Saturday morning, my club team on a Saturday afternoon, and another cub team on a Sunday.
Now my knees are telling me differently.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 01:44:29 pm by Terry de Niro »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: March 16, 2024, 01:41:44 pm »
Same.
Thought it was a good idea in my early teens to to play footy for the school team on a Saturday morning, my club team on a Saturday afternoon, and another cub team on a Sunday.

Similar - Footy, Rugby, Athletics, Karate, knees are not happy these days
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: March 17, 2024, 10:15:50 am »
At my local one, to stop spice heads sniffing in their toilets and collapsing.
coming in off the street, you mean?  I haven't bothered with cinemas for ages (too many idiots and phones) but IIRC the toilets are after you pay to go in.  no?

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: March 17, 2024, 10:18:11 am »
came across this article this morning. a lot of opinions / sentiments most oldies can relate to.

this is one that struck me:  "You become invisible to every man, woman, and child on the planet. Younger people want us to go away because they don't want to look at their future."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/older-people-on-the-hard-parts-of-being-old

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #532 on: March 22, 2024, 01:44:46 pm »
I've always pictured Tory ministers as stuffy old people out of touch with 'my' generation. Even now in my head, the average Tory looks like kind of horror you'd see on the news in the 90s - Douglas Hurd and all that lot.

But I'm 42. Sunak & Braverman are 43. Badenoch is 44. I was at school at the same time as these people (although clearly not the same schools!).

If Labour get a solid 10-15 years in No 10, then the next wave of Tory bastards who emerge and win an election are going to be currently in their 30s and maybe even late 20s.

I'm not sure I can handle senior politicians not being old farts.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #533 on: March 23, 2024, 09:45:30 am »
Turning 52 today   8)

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: March 23, 2024, 10:24:43 am »
Turning 52 today   8)

Happy Birthday mate :wave
Jurgen YNWA

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #535 on: March 23, 2024, 11:00:00 am »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: March 23, 2024, 11:19:40 am »
Same.
Thought it was a good idea in my early teens to play footy for the school team on a Saturday morning, my club team on a Saturday afternoon, and another cub team on a Sunday.
Hahaha, we're all in the same boat  ;D  when I stopped playing footy twice a week I started running daily. Now I feel like I need two cartilage ops, ffs!
Enjoy getting out on the bike now though.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #537 on: March 23, 2024, 11:24:30 am »
Usher’s Confessions was released 20 years ago today.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #538 on: March 23, 2024, 01:56:16 pm »
Usher’s Confessions was released 20 years ago today.

Not knowing any Usher songs apart from that Yeah one. Probably on that album you mentioned. :D

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #539 on: March 23, 2024, 09:26:10 pm »
Turning 52 today   8)

All the best skin
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #540 on: March 23, 2024, 10:53:13 pm »
Turning 52 today   8)
Still only a pup.
Hiccy Burpday, mate.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #541 on: March 23, 2024, 11:24:30 pm »
A few weeks ago the daughter of my cousin sent me a message on WhatsApp, asking whether I could proof-read her bachelor thesis. I remember holding her in my arms when she was a baby...

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: March 24, 2024, 12:00:35 am »
Seeing a lot of the players turning out for the legends team that I would have watched when they first played for the club.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #543 on: March 24, 2024, 12:18:16 am »
Seeing a lot of the players turning out for the legends team that I would have watched when they first played for the club.

And then hearing, that they have a 17 year old daughter (Chris Kirkland) or a son who's 18 (Cissé).

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #544 on: March 24, 2024, 12:43:31 am »
There are people coming through at work who not only don't remember floppy disks (came to accept that they are outdated a bit) but there are now people who haven't used USBs!

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #545 on: March 24, 2024, 10:24:28 am »
11 Grandkids.   :o

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #546 on: March 24, 2024, 10:38:25 am »
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but since entering my 40's, my nasal hair growth has taken on a life of its own. So too has my ear hair. I'm genuinely not kidding when I say that if I don't trim and groom on a weekly basis, I'll start to look like some sort of giant pubic scarecrow.

I was down with covid a few months back and had to take 2 weeks off from work. When I finally got around to cleaning myself up my trimmers nearly jammed. Sounded like a landscaper trying to strim a fucking jungle :( 
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #547 on: March 24, 2024, 11:02:47 am »
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but since entering my 40's, my nasal hair growth has taken on a life of its own. So too has my ear hair. I'm genuinely not kidding when I say that if I don't trim and groom on a weekly basis, I'll start to look like some sort of giant pubic scarecrow.

I was down with covid a few months back and had to take 2 weeks off from work. When I finally got around to cleaning myself up my trimmers nearly jammed. Sounded like a landscaper trying to strim a fucking jungle :( 

Welcome to the jumble... tuft crowd...

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: March 24, 2024, 12:15:21 pm »

I posted about this a while back in another thread.  it starts very suddenly as you say, and it simply doesn't get any better.

these days I need to trim eyebrows, nose and ears at least once a week, often twice, to avoid looking like a Yeti.

a good trimmer is worth its weight in gold.

btw I've yet to see a reason for why ear hair sprouts like mad as a guy gets older.  wtf causes that?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: March 24, 2024, 01:13:36 pm »
Must be superb mate :)

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #550 on: March 24, 2024, 01:22:47 pm »
All the best skin
Still only a pup.
Hiccy Burpday, mate.

Nice one.  Was meant to be going to Bangor on Dee races but swerved it at the last minute . The reasoning was why stand in a field in North Wales with 40mph cold winds when I can sit in my local with a bookies next door.  Deffo a sign of getting old that.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #551 on: March 24, 2024, 02:36:43 pm »
Must be superb mate :)
It isn't at Christmas and the like, mate.  ;D

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #552 on: March 24, 2024, 04:03:20 pm »
I posted about this a while back in another thread.  it starts very suddenly as you say, and it simply doesn't get any better.

these days I need to trim eyebrows, nose and ears at least once a week, often twice, to avoid looking like a Yeti.

a good trimmer is worth its weight in gold.

btw I've yet to see a reason for why ear hair sprouts like mad as a guy gets older.  wtf causes that?

i'm 41 and living this annoying nightmare too.

The ear hairs are the worst, especially when they not long enough to spot and remove but just long enough to make it feel like there's something in my ear.  :butt
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #553 on: March 24, 2024, 04:14:45 pm »
Was in the gym last week and a young lady walked up a to a fella and asked if he was on Snapchat. Was landline numbers back in my day.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #554 on: March 24, 2024, 04:20:50 pm »
Was in the gym last week and a young lady walked up a to a fella and asked if he was on Snapchat. Was landline numbers back in my day.
Mine was a phone box down the road from me until I was about 16.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #555 on: March 24, 2024, 05:25:30 pm »

Vaguely remember Capon writing about that. Said he had a hair growing out of his ear that made him look like Karl Lagerfeld. :lmao

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #556 on: March 24, 2024, 07:56:04 pm »
Vaguely remember Capon writing about that. Said he had a hair growing out of his ear that made him look like Karl Lagerfeld. :lmao

;D

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #557 on: March 25, 2024, 02:38:28 pm »
Haha  ;D

What the fuck is it about ya mid 30's ?

My Big toe nails are rock hard.and I have this single wire type silver hair that grows from my fucking right ear, that I keep forgetting about.and when I do fucking notice,its about 5 inches long,and as tough as a cheese wire

What the fuck people think of me,standing behind in Tescos, I dont Know!!

I must look like Karl Lagerfeld from the back

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #558 on: March 25, 2024, 02:58:26 pm »

I don't have any yet! My son is 25 in a few months. I did ask him if he was a jaffa but mumbled something and walked off. Hopefully one day.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #559 on: March 25, 2024, 02:59:40 pm »
Haha  ;D

Haha fuck me! 14 years ago and I still remembered it! Think about it every time I have to deal with my own!