Author Topic: Reds agree to sell Ayala  (Read 19377 times)

Offline Fontaine

• Legacy Fan
Re: Reds agree to sell Ayala
« Reply #80 on: August 7, 2011, 04:44:20 pm »
yeah, t very reason as even I see it. that t players coming through t ranks from t academy. should be brilliant for t club. good luck Ayala, sure he'll be a quality

You lazy bastard   ;)

t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t

Online joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: August 7, 2011, 05:50:53 pm »
My mates who support Hull will be made up if he agrees terms, they speak very highly of him.
Thought he might have a chance of making it here, but I guess Wisdom and Wilson are considered better prospects and there's no real point in keeping them all.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: August 7, 2011, 06:05:31 pm »
One thing is if we have a couple of players go from our academy and become big hits, then it helps improve the reputation of the academy among those chairmen out there who maybe don't pay that close attention, and suddenly all of our youngsters are easier to loan out and sell. United have used that for a very long time, some Championship chairman is told 'United youngster' and his eyes light up and he finds his cheque book.
If we can get 'Liverpool Academy Graduate' to mean something accross the board in football it will be very beneficial to us.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #83 on: August 7, 2011, 06:07:56 pm »
Swansea fans also seem fairly excited at the prospect of hijacking the deal. Would be a very interesting one if he ended up with them.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #84 on: August 7, 2011, 07:09:22 pm »
Any idea how much we'll get for him? Heard figures of £500k mentioned which seems very low to me, although not a clue how long his contract has left.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #85 on: August 7, 2011, 07:13:44 pm »
You lazy bastard   ;)

t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t  t

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 7, 2011, 07:14:01 pm »
Mmmmm, always odd letting decent academy players go.

Hopefully there's a meaty sell on clause.

I think it is a good thing, with the FFP stuff, getting a useful fee for a youngster who wouldn't make it into the full squad is an important part of your academy's job alongside bringing through players that can end up starting.

Offline liverpool8348

• Main Stander
« Reply #87 on: August 7, 2011, 07:52:46 pm »
he seems to have done very well when on loan and would be a bit disapointed with 500k for him...... add a buy back clause or sell on % then makes it a much better deal, hope were doing these type of things

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #88 on: August 7, 2011, 09:05:49 pm »
Not really, because in this case it's ppl like this that need to stfu:How the heck is a 20 y/o central defender gonna be good enough to be a regular in a top team? It's not gonna happen, period.
But Ayala is gonna have a long career in either the PL or La Liga.

So, obviously it's a huge problem to try bring through a local CB at a top team (unless he's also suited to play fullback like Kelly or Carra), but the correct way to do it certainly isn't to bring in promising 17 y/o players and then sell them on the cheap when they're 20.
::)

Ive seen more of enough of Ayala to form my opinion thanks very much. So piss off telling me to shut the fuck up. So what if hes fucking 20. Where did I say he had to be good enough at 20 to be playing week in week out for us to be any bit of a success. From what I have seen of him I dont believe hes ever going to be good enough for a top team. On the other hand I was very pissed off when we sold San Jose permanently, as I believe he is a much better player and will be a top top player in the future. I dont doubt Ayala will turn out to be a good signing for a mid/bottom table side but thats it in my opinion. I dont think he'll ever be good enough for a top side like us. Hopefully we include a buy back clause and he proves me wrong but I really doubt it.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: August 7, 2011, 09:13:20 pm »
i also rated san jose better than ayala
at the time i didn't know the difference between the two, now its glaringly obvious who is the better player, San Jose by a country mile - if he was still at the club discussion about Dann, Cahill et al wouldn't even exist.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hållar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 7, 2011, 09:22:49 pm »
I think he'll be a very good centre back in a couple of seasons.

In my opinion he's got higher potential than Wisdom and Sama, but on the other hand those two are a couple years younger. Time will tell how good he'll be, but going to a team who see him as a good player and a starting player will help him a lot.

Offline Lucaspool FC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #91 on: August 7, 2011, 09:46:22 pm »
So..Swansea or Hull? Swansea is in PL so easy choice for him?

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: August 7, 2011, 10:34:14 pm »
at the time i didn't know the difference between the two, now its glaringly obvious who is the better player, San Jose by a country mile - if he was still at the club discussion about Dann, Cahill et al wouldn't even exist.

San Jose suffered from the same thing as Ayala. MSJ wasn't shown much trust either, was sold and nobody cared. Because it was obvious he was not good enough... Then he got the chance and now we may even regret our decision. It was our own fault. The next in line, where the same things are said are Insua, Wilson and Pacheco.

The main problem is that we've kept the squad too big and it's partly because we've not dared to give players real roles.

Ayala is sadly a prime example of how we've got it wrong. Had Rafa dared to go with Ayala as 4th pick (instead of signing Kyrgiakos), Ayala would have played quite a few games now. He would have shown his potential. Or not. We would have known. Rafa took the cautious approach. Which was alright. Then he signed Wilson. That could only mean two things. Either he thought Ayala wasn't good enough, or he prepared to offload one, or more, of the four experienced CBs. It's that simple. Then Rafa was sacked and the masterminds we had in charge decided to keep all CBs. Which made the small problem quite a lot bigger and Ayala was doomed. We sent him on a loan. A little push to the side. The Aquilani/Insua push. Ayala is back and... well, sorry, you haven't shown enough so goodbye.

Now it appears Wilson is next. I find it quite worrying that we are not prepared to sacrifise one of our more experienced CBs in order to allow a younger player a chance to develop. Send Wilson on loan now, then wait a year and we're likely to say "Wilson hasn't shown enough, it's best to let him go".

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 7, 2011, 11:51:58 pm »
San Jose suffered from the same thing as Ayala. MSJ wasn't shown much trust either, was sold and nobody cared. Because it was obvious he was not good enough... Then he got the chance and now we may even regret our decision. It was our own fault. The next in line, where the same things are said are Insua, Wilson and Pacheco.

The main problem is that we've kept the squad too big and it's partly because we've not dared to give players real roles.

Ayala is sadly a prime example of how we've got it wrong. Had Rafa dared to go with Ayala as 4th pick (instead of signing Kyrgiakos), Ayala would have played quite a few games now. He would have shown his potential. Or not. We would have known. Rafa took the cautious approach. Which was alright. Then he signed Wilson. That could only mean two things. Either he thought Ayala wasn't good enough, or he prepared to offload one, or more, of the four experienced CBs. It's that simple. Then Rafa was sacked and the masterminds we had in charge decided to keep all CBs. Which made the small problem quite a lot bigger and Ayala was doomed. We sent him on a loan. A little push to the side. The Aquilani/Insua push. Ayala is back and... well, sorry, you haven't shown enough so goodbye.

Now it appears Wilson is next. I find it quite worrying that we are not prepared to sacrifise one of our more experienced CBs in order to allow a younger player a chance to develop. Send Wilson on loan now, then wait a year and we're likely to say "Wilson hasn't shown enough, it's best to let him go".

good post.

The truth is, we are so desperate for succces we dont risk anything with our youngsters. with kenny in charge it seems we have someone who both the fans and the management will get behind if he bloods the youngsters in important games.

Looks like MSJ will go to barca this year or next, so clearly we are scouting players who have what is needed, its just weather or not we devlelop them here. Insua would be another. people talk about him like he is 28 and will never improve. he is a kid, homegrown who has shown alot of potential. at the very least he should be back up to Enrique / any LB we sign.

Looks like swansea are interested in Ayala now, would be great to loan him to swansea and let him know, come next season there may be a place for you in our CB pairing if you prove yourself. He could save us 15m next year.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: August 7, 2011, 11:55:07 pm »
I find it quite worrying that we are not prepared to sacrifise one of our more experienced CBs in order to allow a younger player a chance to develop. Send Wilson on loan now, then wait a year and we're likely to say "Wilson hasn't shown enough, it's best to let him go".
But if that means playing Ayala instead of Carra or Agger, despite both of their individual issues, I couldn't agree mate.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: August 8, 2011, 09:27:39 am »
But if that means playing Ayala instead of Carra or Agger, despite both of their individual issues, I couldn't agree mate.

I need to stress that it should have been a transition period. I first commented on the CB situation when we bought Kyrgiakos.

The first and most natural competitor for Ayala (or any other young CB) is/was Kyrgiakos. IMO we should have made Ayala 4th pick at his expense. Somewhere along the line. Then, as Ayala progressed, he could have challenged for 3rd pick. Most likely that would have been Agger due to his injuries.

Even this transition period could/should have been slow. At least a year. For example, we should have dared to give 50% of Kyrgiakos' games to Ayala last season. We didn't. Nor did we give Wilson those games. As a result, their progress was delayed or even stopped. It's our own making. Shut the kids out and we protect the experienced players. They'll keep their quality intact. The kids on the other hand badly need games to progress. When they don't get those games, they're doomed and they'll never challenge the experienced players.

At this point in time, we should ease Carra out. We should have set things up so we don't have to play him more than 50% of the games. We could opt to, but then it should be by choice. Like we had it with Sami. Instead we still need to depend on Carra and we have refused to decrease our dependence on him (and Kyrgiakos).

The effects of this reluctance to trust Ayala (and Wilson) at CB will show next summer, if not earlier. By then it's high time to replace Carra and Kyrgiakos. Already we can't expect Agger to play every week. If Wilson doesn't get games, he won't be ready. So we'll be hurt at both ends (young and old). And we could be facing a total rebuild at CB. It's a big puzzle and it will cost a fortune. Unless of course, we decide to give Carra and Kyrgiakos another extension and delay things even more...

How do we make that transition smoother? We play the young players we have. See if they have what it takes. Give them a chance. We may not have a future 1st pick among them, but a 3rd pick should be very possible. If they can't make it, we sell them and promote the next young player. Or we buy a new CB (as there is room for it). Now there's no room.

If our older CBs were outstanding, I'd still argue that we needed to give the 4th pick role to an up and coming player. As it stands, they are not outstanding, but we treat them like they are. All four of them.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #96 on: August 8, 2011, 10:39:42 am »
I agree with Gnurglan. Ayala came in and actually played well before the Big Greek was signed, we should have trusted him, and maybe he would have grown as 4th choice. Who knows he could well have kept his place. Now that he's 6th choice, it makes a lot of sense to move him along, but hopefully, we'll have included a buy-back clause.

The thing is, we never had a side which was capable of comfortably beating say a Stoke, Birmingham, West Ham, without an element of surprise from the opposition. The games were too tight to throw on a young kid in Central Defence. Even Carragher was blooded originally at right back if I remember correctly, a much less risky position to fill with youth.

I really like Wilson, I really hope he makes it here and I do think he'll get some game time this season in one of the cups, or if injuries take their toll. He has something different about him to what Ayala had, which was a decent pass, a decent eye for a goal, maybe not as calm as Ayala, but he's able to play at full-back too. We'll probably see him become more prominent in the first team next year though (when the big greek's final year is up, and carra may hang up his boots@34/35 years old)
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #97 on: August 8, 2011, 10:46:24 am »
I need to stress that it should have been a transition period. I first commented on the CB situation when we bought Kyrgiakos.

The first and most natural competitor for Ayala (or any other young CB) is/was Kyrgiakos. IMO we should have made Ayala 4th pick at his expense. Somewhere along the line. Then, as Ayala progressed, he could have challenged for 3rd pick. Most likely that would have been Agger due to his injuries.

Even this transition period could/should have been slow. At least a year. For example, we should have dared to give 50% of Kyrgiakos' games to Ayala last season. We didn't. Nor did we give Wilson those games. As a result, their progress was delayed or even stopped. It's our own making. Shut the kids out and we protect the experienced players. They'll keep their quality intact. The kids on the other hand badly need games to progress. When they don't get those games, they're doomed and they'll never challenge the experienced players.

At this point in time, we should ease Carra out. We should have set things up so we don't have to play him more than 50% of the games. We could opt to, but then it should be by choice. Like we had it with Sami. Instead we still need to depend on Carra and we have refused to decrease our dependence on him (and Kyrgiakos).

The effects of this reluctance to trust Ayala (and Wilson) at CB will show next summer, if not earlier. By then it's high time to replace Carra and Kyrgiakos. Already we can't expect Agger to play every week. If Wilson doesn't get games, he won't be ready. So we'll be hurt at both ends (young and old). And we could be facing a total rebuild at CB. It's a big puzzle and it will cost a fortune. Unless of course, we decide to give Carra and Kyrgiakos another extension and delay things even more...

How do we make that transition smoother? We play the young players we have. See if they have what it takes. Give them a chance. We may not have a future 1st pick among them, but a 3rd pick should be very possible. If they can't make it, we sell them and promote the next young player. Or we buy a new CB (as there is room for it). Now there's no room.

If our older CBs were outstanding, I'd still argue that we needed to give the 4th pick role to an up and coming player. As it stands, they are not outstanding, but we treat them like they are. All four of them.
Spot on, every word. An obvious problem where three successive managers now have failed (for one reason or another) to grasp the nettle, and as you say IF we were to give Kelly/Wilson chances at CB this season then we might just save ourselves a fortune. If we don't, then we either keep going with another year's deterioration in Carragher's play, or have to spend big to get a ready-made replacement, the latter meaning our kids still won't get games unless Carragher were actually sold. It was, for me anyway, very frustrating last season seeing how many permutations of CBs we came up with, and how badly they played at times, given that we had Kelly and Wilson, and then Ayala sent straight back on loan after impressing at Hull despite those problems at CB.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #98 on: August 8, 2011, 10:49:32 am »
We signed Soto at a time when we were having major injury problems at the back AND were leaking goals left, right and center. Putting Ayala in would have been suicide...having said that, the season didn't go well anyways and maybe it was a blessing in desguise we didn't expose him to a season to forget BUT I am quite disappointed we are selling him.

I actually think he is a better defender than Wilson is but as good as Soto. Though I respect the fact my opinions are limited to watching him play a mere 4-5 times only with 1 reserve team match over the last 3 years.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #99 on: August 8, 2011, 12:28:42 pm »
From the main page all you can see is "Reds agree to sell A...". Got me worried it's Aquilani.

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #100 on: August 8, 2011, 12:29:13 pm »
Good luck Dan

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 8, 2011, 12:38:19 pm »
We signed Soto at a time when we were having major injury problems at the back AND were leaking goals left, right and center. Putting Ayala in would have been suicide...having said that, the season didn't go well anyways and maybe it was a blessing in desguise we didn't expose him to a season to forget BUT I am quite disappointed we are selling him.

I actually think he is a better defender than Wilson is but as good as Soto. Though I respect the fact my opinions are limited to watching him play a mere 4-5 times only with 1 reserve team match over the last 3 years.

Yes, we had injury problems. We could have gone with Ayala, but we opted for Kyrgiakos. For me, that wasn't a big deal. Kyrgiakos was an obvious short term solution. When the shit hit the fan, it was probably for the best that we signed him and could use his experience. So far so good.

The real problem started when we added Wilson and still kept everyone. That was a big mistake. The addition of Wilson made it urgent to sell at least one CB and we didn't. We were weak and focused on the short term. That's a big reason why Ayala is being sold. The way it seems, we plan to keep all CBs and send Wilson on loan. I can only hope it's a short term loan if it happens.

It's important to remember that it's something which started as a small problem under Rafa, grew dramatically last summer under Hodgson/Purslow and Kenny now has to fix it. Kenny didn't start it, but he has to fix it. Fairly quickly too. If I was with the Academy staff, I'd be extremely disappointed to see players develop, only to fail because of simple mistakes made with the first team squad. 

Offline therockbox

• Legacy Fan
  • Funklord
« Reply #102 on: August 8, 2011, 12:51:08 pm »
If I was with the Academy staff, I'd be extremely disappointed to see players develop, only to fail because of simple mistakes made with the first team squad. 
I think it sends out the wrong message to other young players as well, especially those that go out on loan. Ayala dropped down a level to the Championship, impressed, but is being shifted on for pennies anyway. As you said, the next logical step should have been to keep him around and give him chances to impress with us as well. His performance when thrown into the team against Stoke, who have it in them to embarrass even the most senior of centre backs, suggests that he's got something there that could be developed into a decent squad player at the very least.

A disappointingly short-sighted decision.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #103 on: August 8, 2011, 01:19:58 pm »
Shame to see him go to be honest looked like he maybe one for the future! But we dont see the every day stuff and Kenny and his team must not think the kid is up to it, move him on for what we can and get on with it. Part and parcel of football im afraid!

Good luck where ever you end up lad

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #104 on: August 8, 2011, 10:07:06 pm »
Spot on, every word. An obvious problem where three successive managers now have failed (for one reason or another) to grasp the nettle, and as you say IF we were to give Kelly/Wilson chances at CB this season then we might just save ourselves a fortune. If we don't, then we either keep going with another year's deterioration in Carragher's play, or have to spend big to get a ready-made replacement, the latter meaning our kids still won't get games unless Carragher were actually sold. It was, for me anyway, very frustrating last season seeing how many permutations of CBs we came up with, and how badly they played at times, given that we had Kelly and Wilson, and then Ayala sent straight back on loan after impressing at Hull despite those problems at CB.

Lot of truth in that and Gnurglans post you responded to.

Think a couple of unfortunate factors have resulted in his sale though.

1) firstly our performances last season at some stages were woeful. Confidence was shot, Johnson was all over the place under Hodgson and we had no left back. Carragher aged and was understandably wobbly and the crowd were turning against happenings on and off the field. To bring a young lad in under that scenario would be risky.

2) Aggers injuryproneness has no doubt kept Soto in front of Ayala and Wilson as an experienced head. If Agger was more reliable I think Krygiakos would have gone this summer. Not certain I'd want to run the risk of having Agger injured, a tired Carragher then only Skyrtel and an untried centreback behind Agger. A few injuries and we would be light.

3) The managers last season could/would not rely on youth. Roy made it clear he wouldn't. Kenny wasn't in a position to until we had an outside chance of Europe.

It's ok to compare Smalling in all this but the lad was a big signing for his age and he had had a season in and around Fulhams first team. As good as the lad looks, he's in a United team that is steady and confident. We havent that luxury to ease a young lad in with 15-20 minutes occasionally.

It wouldnt surprise me if we don't sign a first choice centre half in the next few weeks or January as an eventual replacement for Carra. Either that or Kelly, who is too good not to have around the first team, will be cover/developed.

Good luck to the lad. Hope it works out for him.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: August 8, 2011, 11:39:57 pm »

OK mate, I understand what you're saying but he's been here a couple of years ago. Ayala was very young.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2011, 11:41:37 pm by John C »

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #106 on: August 8, 2011, 11:51:05 pm »
whats the latest with this? BBC saying swansea are in for him? Surley he would prefer a prem team?

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: August 8, 2011, 11:51:36 pm »

Kelly was usually a centre half for the reserves. He's more than capable of playing their if required. With Carra not getting any younger, Agger an injury waiting to happen, Skrtel injuredanyway, and Kyriagos a bench warmer, I'd be quite happy to see Kelly line up at centre back as I think he will play there long term.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 9, 2011, 12:08:47 am »
Think we had to make a choice between Ayala, Mavinga, Sama, Wilson & Wisdom. Looks like we've Ayala has lost out.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 9, 2011, 03:03:52 am »
Think we had to make a choice between Ayala, Mavinga, Sama, Wilson & Wisdom. Looks like we've Ayala has lost out.
Mavinga has been sold too, hasn't he?

All these CB's keep coming. From Hobbs to San Jose to Ayala to ??

The next CB is always the ONE, right until he isn't.

Offline Saul Goodman

• Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #110 on: August 9, 2011, 04:12:18 pm »
I also thought Mavinga was gone. 850k mentioned as the reported agreed fee with Hull. Proper fight for the player seems to have ensued.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_7089570,00.html

Hull City assistant manager Craig Shakespeare admits the club have rivals for the signature of Liverpool defender Daniel Ayala.

The Spaniard impressed during a loan spell at the KC Stadium last season and the Tigers are keen to bring Ayala back on a permanent basis.

A fee in the region of £850,000 is reported to have been agreed with Liverpool and Hull are now looking to meet the player's demands.

However, there have been claims that Premier League new boys Swansea City and the Tigers' Championship rivals Ipswich Town are looking to hijack the deal.

Shakespeare is aware of other interest in Ayala, but remains optimistic that the youngster can be added to Nigel Pearson's squad.

"We believe we have made a fair offer but we're not sure where Daniel and his agent see him next," said Shakespeare in the Hull Daily Mail.

"We would love to have him back on board here but there is another club involved."

Ipswich boss Paul Jewell is keen to improve his squad this week ahead of his side's game at home to Hull on Saturday.

Offline Saul Goodman

• Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2011, 02:02:31 pm »
It looks like he is going to end up playing premiership football as the two clubs left battling for his signature are Norwich and Swansea. Pity we agreed a fee with Hull so soon or with two premier league clubs battling it out we could have made a bit more on the transfer fee.

Hull manager saying Norwich very close to signing him - http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/story-13113148-detail/story.html

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 02:06:33 pm by Saul Goodman »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2011, 05:15:15 am »
Looks like there is now a lot of competition for him with Hull, Swansea, Ipswich and Norwich now wanting him. Norwich supposedly are the current favourite to sign him.

Offline Jia Xiang

• Main Stander
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2011, 11:52:15 am »
Liverpool have today confirmed that they are in negotiations for the sale of Daniel Ayala to Norwich City.

The young defender has been linked with a number of clubs over the past few weeks and boss Kenny Dalglish revealed that he is now on the verge of a move to the Canaries.

Dalglish told his pre-match press conference: "The only one going is Daniel Ayala," he said. "He's going to Norwich."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/ayala-on-verge-of-norwich-move

Offline Saul Goodman

• Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2011, 12:32:40 pm »
Talk that he had a word with Pacheco about this time at Norwich and Dani had only good things to say about his time at the club.

Norwich manager Paul Lambert on defender Daniel Ayala deal "Probably next week until something happens. We are more or less there..."

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2011, 12:40:27 pm »
Norwich would be a much better move for the lad than Hull.

Good club, Premiership football, good up and coming manager and a nice part of the world to boot. Good luck to him.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2011, 12:42:17 pm »
On 5 December 2010, in his first Basque Derby, against Real Sociedad, San José committed a penalty which resulted in the first goal, and scored in his own net in the beginning of the second half, for the game's final 2–0, at the Anoeta Stadium
Taken from wiki

Maybe he has brain fades in big games...

Maybe thats why we kept Ayala and sold San Jose.

For a central defender consistency and discipline will always beat flair and offense

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2011, 12:47:23 pm »
Taken from wiki

Maybe he has brain fades in big games...

Maybe thats why we kept Ayala and sold San Jose.

For a central defender consistency and discipline will always beat flair and offense

That's not really fair,  choosing one bad game he played. I remember the Athletic-Real match where he marked Ronaldo out of the game and was given MOTM iirc.

Offline Saul Goodman

• Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2011, 12:53:29 pm »
That's not really fair,  choosing one bad game he played. I remember the Athletic-Real match where he marked Ronaldo out of the game and was given MOTM iirc.

This is a whole other level above judging people on youtube videos. Take a random one line wiki entry and extrapolate from it a players whole career. AMAZING!

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2011, 01:39:14 pm »
This will happen more frequently in the future. As our Academy gets better and churns out more quality there will be some that don't make it with us but could go on to be a handy player. I reckon he'll turn into a solid premier league defender in the next few years if he keeps on going like he has and irons out some of those mistakes, kind of like when the Mancs got rid of Shawcross. Good luck to him wherever he goes.