Author Topic: Steven Gerrard  (Read 332200 times)

Offline PAC-MAN

• 'Hanging on the telephone - you're our number one'
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #1600 on: September 15, 2011, 11:16:44 pm »
He needs to be gradually introduced back into things. There is absolutely no point in rushing him back.

Its just so tempting though because he's stevie g, and I bet he's banging on Kenny's door now!

sounded a bit wrong the last sentence
Can't stand the left-wing lunatics

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1601 on: September 15, 2011, 11:21:44 pm »
Why 'LOL'?

cos your dick is near your groin

Offline HariLFC

• Kopite
  • Walk on with hope in your heart.
« Reply #1602 on: September 15, 2011, 11:25:00 pm »
cos your dick is near your groin

Good work man, excellent work. ;D

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1603 on: September 15, 2011, 11:46:36 pm »
Definately should be eased back in, he's said himself that he feels off the pace which is natural after so long out and no pre-season. Don't see any harm in having him on the bench at the weekend though 20 - 30 minute run out if possible, then play in the cup for perhaps an hour.

"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1604 on: September 15, 2011, 11:51:27 pm »
Personally I would love us to give Stevie as close to a full pre-season build up as we can. Let him take his time build up his fitness gradually and let him gain the long term benefits that a full pre-season brings.
What are you talking about? He couldn't participate in the last one and if he's as fit as we* want him to be he won't participate in the next one due to England duties.

*indicates whether you really want to see him fit.

Offline AnimalMasch

• Main Stander
  • Have faith, LFC will prevail. YNWA
« Reply #1605 on: September 16, 2011, 07:19:43 am »
Boy oh boy I can't wait till our captain is back.

Judging by Dalglish's comments he'll be on the bench in Sunday in my opinion.
Have faith, LFC will prevail. YNWA

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1606 on: September 16, 2011, 08:17:43 am »
Being out of Europe will help here because even if he does play a full game, he will have on most instances a full week to recover, rather than having to worry about another game to train for, travel to and play in.

Spurs probably is too early and maybe even Brighton. I am not a physio but things seem to be shaping up for him to maybe get some minutes off the  bench against Wolves.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #1607 on: September 16, 2011, 08:27:10 am »
Being out of Europe will help here because even if he does play a full game, he will have on most instances a full week to recover, rather than having to worry about another game to train for, travel to and play in.

Spurs probably is too early and maybe even Brighton. I am not a physio but things seem to be shaping up for him to maybe get some minutes off the  bench against Wolves.

Swerve bringing him off the bench. Subs don't warm-up in the correct manner. I'd give him a bit longer than he needs and throw him in at the deep end, he'll be chomping at the bit which will be a bonus also.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1608 on: September 16, 2011, 08:39:16 am »
Swerve bringing him off the bench. Subs don't warm-up in the correct manner. I'd give him a bit longer than he needs and throw him in at the deep end, he'll be chomping at the bit which will be a bonus also.
Maybe we need those heated subs bench's they have at United, Arsenal and the Plastics, might cut down our hammies.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1609 on: September 16, 2011, 08:15:58 pm »
According to Dom King he played a full game at Melwood on Monday.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #1610 on: September 16, 2011, 08:37:45 pm »
Hmm, anyone a little optimistic we may see him on the bench Sunday?
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1611 on: September 16, 2011, 08:39:57 pm »

I think he'll be on the bench for the Brighton game and if he can come through 20 minutes or so then will start vs Wolves.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #1612 on: September 16, 2011, 08:47:03 pm »
Personally I would love us to give Stevie as close to a full pre-season build up as we can. Let him take his time build up his fitness gradually and let him gain the long term benefits that a full pre-season brings.

What were you thinking of Al? Throwing on a flight to China,on to Malaysia back to Singapore then back home. Send him over Greece for a bit back home & over to Norway, can give the home game a rest? Reckon he'll be ready for anything after that? Still the sponsors'll be happy. 
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1613 on: September 16, 2011, 08:51:30 pm »

I think he'll start.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #1614 on: September 16, 2011, 08:53:03 pm »
Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him on the bench at Spurs.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #1615 on: September 16, 2011, 08:54:35 pm »
I think he'll start.
Haha fuckinghell mate there's optimism then there's that! ;D

DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1616 on: September 16, 2011, 08:57:47 pm »
What were you thinking of Al? Throwing on a flight to China,on to Malaysia back to Singapore then back home. Send him over Greece for a bit back home & over to Norway, can give the home game a rest? Reckon he'll be ready for anything after that? Still the sponsors'll be happy. 

Ha Very good John, I think we should listen to Agger who is feeling in the best condition he has done for years after a good pre-season and a gradual build up to full fitness.

The bit I don't get is whatever happened to players returning from injury turning out for the ressies and building up their fitness gradually with a half here, 60 minutes there etc.

I remember the likes of Kenny himself and Rushie coming back in reserve games and there being 10,000 plus there to see them just regain fitness.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline rushandapush

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1617 on: September 16, 2011, 08:58:52 pm »
I think he'll be on bench. maybe get last 20mins and score the winner with his groin.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1618 on: September 16, 2011, 09:13:52 pm »
Ha Very good John, I think we should listen to Agger who is feeling in the best condition he has done for years after a good pre-season and a gradual build up to full fitness.

The bit I don't get is whatever happened to players returning from injury turning out for the ressies and building up their fitness gradually with a half here, 60 minutes there etc.

I remember the likes of Kenny himself and Rushie coming back in reserve games and there being 10,000 plus there to see them just regain fitness.

Actually went down to Old Trafford one night to watch Barnes make a comeback from injury. We lost, winning goal scored by a young Ryan Giggs, was a fucken stormer too.

I think there is less pressure on Kenny at the minute to force Gerrard back quickly, if anywhere the pressure will come from Gerrard. The only thing I will say is that he has come back from a lot of injuries through his career and usually settled back in fairly quickly, less so as he has got older.

Kenny's not daft, he'll take on board from the medical staff as to exactly where Steven is, he will talk to Steven, they will assess everything and decide what they believe is best. What I do think is that if we can Gerrard anywhere near his best we can really start to motor this season.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1619 on: September 16, 2011, 09:18:52 pm »
Actually went down to Old Trafford one night to watch Barnes make a comeback from injury. We lost, winning goal scored by a young Ryan Giggs, was a fucken stormer too.

I think there is less pressure on Kenny at the minute to force Gerrard back quickly, if anywhere the pressure will come from Gerrard. The only thing I will say is that he has come back from a lot of injuries through his career and usually settled back in fairly quickly, less so as he has got older.

Kenny's not daft, he'll take on board from the medical staff as to exactly where Steven is, he will talk to Steven, they will assess everything and decide what they believe is best. What I do think is that if we can Gerrard anywhere near his best we can really start to motor this season.
I once went away to forest vs Liverpool reserves to see molby and barnes coming back from injury.

2-2 iirc
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1620 on: September 16, 2011, 09:27:40 pm »
Haha fuckinghell mate there's optimism then there's that! ;D

My glass is half full and all that.

Plus I'll quote myself to fuck whilst grinning like a right smug twat if on the off chance he does.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline jonnyrich

• Main Stander
« Reply #1621 on: September 16, 2011, 09:37:57 pm »
Hes going to start and he will petrify Tottenham. I cant wait to see him play.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1622 on: September 16, 2011, 09:59:34 pm »
I think he'll be on bench. maybe get last 20mins and score the winner with his groin.

Going to score with his groin? Fucking hell.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1623 on: September 16, 2011, 10:01:28 pm »
He won't be playing against Spurs. In fact we'll be lucky to see him on the bench.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline PAC-MAN

• 'Hanging on the telephone - you're our number one'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1624 on: September 16, 2011, 10:25:27 pm »
He won't be playing against Spurs. In fact we'll be lucky to see him on the bench.
Can't stand the left-wing lunatics

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1625 on: September 17, 2011, 12:23:13 am »
I think he'll start.
No. As I said before, he is not groin' to be rushed.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1626 on: September 17, 2011, 12:31:09 am »
I think he'll start.

Behave!

Maybe as a sub v Brighton Im thinking

But when hes fully match fit and chomping at the bit again whats the team? Where does he go??

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1627 on: September 17, 2011, 12:53:45 am »
can't wait to see him back. he's the difference between that bad feeling you get when you think "this just isn't going to be our day" and thinking "we're going to get a goal here". what a player. i'd still say he's the first name on the team sheet. anyone that doesn't is deluded in my opinion. he just sums up everthing that this club stands for
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline thefieldsof..

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1628 on: September 17, 2011, 01:21:37 am »
Funny thing is.. we just don't know, and if I hate it, i'm sure ol Arry does too. 

Is Kenny playing mind-games (god i hate that expression) and going to put him on the bench for Spurs.. leave him there for 90? or bring him on for the last 25-15-10 or 5 for a run out if we're comfortable.

Or.. is he secretly fit and raring to go, and not only that but our magic sports science people have him in teminator condition, to such extent he's goin to start and shit all over Spurs. I can't wait.

Anyway. Will be really good to have him back.

Offline RuncornRed25

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1629 on: September 17, 2011, 01:51:48 am »
I have a tickle in my belly just the thought of him putting on a red shirt again but at the same time isnt it refreshing to not have to rely on him as much these days?, I dont think he's been missed that much but my having him back will be like a new signing

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #1630 on: September 17, 2011, 02:23:16 am »
Will be on Bench at Spurs and start Brighton imo and then come off after an hour when we're 3-0 up.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline JN Jonsson

• Considerably richer than yow... richer even than Southern Pansy
  • Kopite
  • Hub of the Internet-Terrorists.
« Reply #1631 on: September 17, 2011, 07:13:16 am »
So thin thighs.... :|
Gimme gimme jon, Gimme jonjoooohhh
Gimme gimme jon, Gimme jonjoooohhh
(Britney Speares - Give me moore)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1632 on: September 17, 2011, 09:19:59 am »

I just get the impression that Stevie has been stuck in a vicious circle of coming back from injury too soon, playing when not fully fit and then picking up another injury followed by being rushed back too soon. In a very similar way to what happened to Aquilani at Roma. He was continually rushed back and was continually getting injured.

Then the cycle was broken and he was given a proper lay off after his injury, was given time to build up his fitness and he hasn't looked back since. It is now nearly two years since Aquilani had any injury of note and for a player who was continually getting injured that is a remarkable turnaround.

Personally that's what I would love to see us do with Stevie look at the bigger picture, look at the next two to three years not the next two to three weeks. What's the point of Stevie rushing back and picking up a recurrence of the groin injury or a secondary injury and then being out for months.

As you say John it might be Stevie who is the one desperate to get back playing and looking to cut corners but for me he has been back in full training for way too short a time to even contemplate throwing him back into the madness of the Premiership.   
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1633 on: September 17, 2011, 09:28:59 am »
Kenny will know that though, biggest problem is that the only time to get a full pre-season in is, well, pre-season. Probably a bit better this season in that each additional week will only be one important game, so any additional rest does not neccessarily mean shedloads of games.

We'll see how we handle it but from what he has said, its fairly clear Kenny feels in control of the situation. Maybe that's because of the extra security he has in terms of his position within the club & with the fan base, I'm not sure, but it has not always been the casein the past.

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1634 on: September 17, 2011, 10:42:00 am »
Can't wait to see him back - he was the player who resulted in me becoming a LFC fan.

He shouldn't be used week in and week out to keep him at his best.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1635 on: September 17, 2011, 11:03:42 am »
Think he might get on for a bit against Spurs if we're doing OK.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1636 on: September 17, 2011, 12:24:55 pm »
Behave!

Maybe as a sub v Brighton Im thinking

But when hes fully match fit and chomping at the bit again whats the team? Where does he go??

If he's played a practice game and come through it anything like then he will be on the bench. Why wouldn't he be ? The boost he'll give to the squad is enormous.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #1637 on: September 17, 2011, 12:30:08 pm »
Id have him on the bench tomorrow with no intention of playing him. Just to shit up Harry and Spurs.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1638 on: September 17, 2011, 01:43:38 pm »
If he's played a practice game and come through it anything like then he will be on the bench. Why wouldn't he be ? The boost he'll give to the squad is enormous.

Isn't that massively short term thinking though, wouldn't a fit and recuperated Gerrard being fit for the next two or three years outweigh any short term gain against Spurs. I would much rather he started and played sixty minutes against Brighton or Wolves than risk him doing a warm up, then sitting on the bench with the risk of his groin tightening and being thrown into the action at a minute or so's notice.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1639 on: September 17, 2011, 01:48:18 pm »
I'd have him on the bench with a view of playing the last 10 mins irrespective of the score.
I think the first half only against Brighton is an ideal return imo.