Author Topic: Re: Liverpool Women FC (home vs Chelsea - 01/05 - 19:00 ko) (*)  (Read 598267 times)

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Emma Sanders (as always, someone buy her a pint) has given us our first bit of insight over contract statuses. She is saying there are quite a few who are on expiring deals. Campbell is likely going after talks over a new one broke down. Daniels, Matthews, Robe, Humphrey, Roberts and Cumings also among those who need to be renewed if they're to stay.

https://twitter.com/em_sandy/status/1656344528280748038
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 07:32:09 pm by kellan »

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Sounds like there could be a lot of new faces in the summer if a few of those go.

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
  • My cup is barely even half empty
Emma Sanders (as always, someone buy her a pint) has given us our first bit of insight over contract statuses. She is saying there are quite a few who are on expiring deals. Campbell is likely going after talks over a new one broke down. Daniels, Matthews, Robe, Humphrey, Roberts and Cumings also among those who need to be renewed if they're to stay.

https://twitter.com/em_sandy/status/1656344528280748038

If Campbell leaves that would be really dissapointing (I still think she's better than Hinds).
I think we need to do all we can to keep Roberts and Matthews, (and possibly Daniels).
But Robe way is too good to not be playing regular football, whether that's for lower table WSL club or in the Championship.
Cummings is decent but there's always the chance that Foster may be back or we could make Kirby permanent.
I've never been convinced by Humphrey to be honest (though, to be fair, she's never had a run of games).
My cup is barely even half empty

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Pretty much my thoughts also, Leo.

Humphrey makes sense for an exit. She was reported to be going out on loan during the winter window but didn't in the end. Even after staying, she hasn't managed to get into the team.

Daniels has only really managed to do so herself when we've been short of options. If she goes, Matthews likely will also. And that's just the way it is.

Robe is another who we have only really called on when there wasn't any other choice. Which is something I've been critical of all season. I do think she can do a job for us. Although, that's hard to put into context without knowing what Beard's whole transfer window will end up looking like. At this stage, what's to say there won't be an overhaul of the defence that's so comprehensive Robe is left completely redundant. I actually couldn't blame her if she no longer wants to play back-up in any case.

I'd be disappointed to see Campbell go. It would be hard to no longer have those throw ins of hers available to us after we spent so much of the season being near-totally reliant on them to get the ball anywhere near the box. They have really come to feel like a bonus weapon when all else is failing. And she was, overall, contributing more than Hinds during periods of the season (though I do think Hinds stepped it up a little after briefly starting from the bench).

The Cumings addition (along with Kirby) looks a little different now that know we tried for Evrard in the same window. Presumably both were either alternatives to her or stop-gaps. I would say it's more likely the latter. Though in the case of Kirby, there may also have been an element of future planning. Given it is Kirby who we have been giving games to in place of Laws now that we have nothing to play for, I'm going to assume Kirby is indeed being looked at with a long term eye. Doesn't mean she will be sitting on our bench as our #2 next season though, she might well be loaned out. Emma Sanders didn't mention Laws' contract status but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a new starting keeper regardless. I really can't imagine Evrard was coming in as second choice. What we do with Cumings might be dependent on whether Laws is around. And then there's Foster, a complete question mark.

Hopefully the list that Sanders gave us is a complete list. It's a pretty palatable one, all things considered. Seven names is a lot, but I could name a different list of seven that would leave us with a far greater hole to fill.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If we're Cat 1 now does that mean they are aware Melwood is getting re-bought for our Women's teams?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/apply-lfc-women-talent-identification-days

LFC Women was recently granted a Category One licence for its new Pro Game Academy (PGA), the new pathway for talented female footballers in England to develop.

Now the club is looking for players interested in joining their PGA at U16 level.

Those applying must live within a 90-minute travel time of the training facilities at L12 8SY.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 03:47:47 pm by Samie »

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
If we're Cat 1 now does that mean they are aware Melwood is getting re-bought for our Women's teams?
The PGA is new pathway that is being introduced from next season. It replaces the current academy system, to put it simply. We were already Tier One. I would guess we're making a point of having been awarded Cat A for the new system just because all clubs had to apply for the licences.

There might be a bigger clue to be read from your linked announcement in how the player eligibility is limited to being within 90 minutes of a postcode that belongs to Melwood. I'm sure when applications opened up 12 months ago the announcement had the women's academy down as being based at the Kirkby facility. So maybe the Melwood purchase is indeed over the line.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well done Watson. We move on to the next case.  8)

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Reports in Italy are saying there is interest from WSL clubs in AC Milan/Italy striker Martina Piemonte, of which we are one. 12 league goals in 23. Only just recently broken into the national team at 25. She's 6ft2 apparently, which is taller than any goalkeeper we'll probably bring in  ;D
Update: there were three 3 interested clubs but Arsenal have now withdrawn, leaving just ourselves and Everton. It's Everton who are favourites to sign her. I'm not coming across any details on the ins and outs of it all.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
How long is Dowie's contract?

Is she here for next season?

The club need to offer her a media contract as well. Does an excellent job on LFCTV as a co-commentator.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
How long is Dowie's contract?

Is she here for next season?

The club need to offer her a media contract as well. Does an excellent job on LFCTV as a co-commentator.
Dowie's loan contract is for the second half of this season. She said in her post-City comments that she hadn't yet been offered a permanent deal. Presumably she is out of contract with Reading and was spending the last six months of it with us, so it should be easy enough to keep her if we wish to.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Not really sure how fortunes tend to pan out when both the men's and women's teams are playing the same side on the same weekend because it doesn't happen all that often, but it would be nice to get some more points against Villa this afternoon.

The WSL title may be wrapped up today. Chelsea can get a fourth in a row if they beat Arsenal (just kicked off on BBC2) and United fail to beat City later this evening. Reading's loss to Spurs yesterday means relegation can also be confirmed if Leicester beat West Ham, otherwise it will go to the final weekend--although Reading are all but relegated anyway because their final match is against Chelsea.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Aston Villa Women v Liverpool Women - a 2pm kick off...

Villa XI: tba - https://twitter.com/AVWFCOfficial

The match is not live on UK TV, though is live on The FA Player - https://faplayer.thefa.com/home/all (a free quick & easy sign-up is required)

TV channels around the world showing the match live (+ great for IPTV etc): www.livesoccertv.com/teams/england/liverpool-women

Streams:-

www.vipboxtv.sk/aston-villa-w-vs-liverpool-w-stream-live
www.vivafoot.xyz/p/aston-villa-women-v-liverpool-women-fa.html (4 links)
https://footysaga.com/broadcasts/113736/aston-villa-w-liverpool-w-england-women-super-league

Goals and team info etc should be up on the https://twitter.com/BarclaysWSL & https://twitter.com/LiverpoolFCW & https://twitter.com/AVWFCOfficial accounts too.

www.flashscore.co.uk/team/liverpool/Ye260xTF - quality live scores site, fixtures & results, live tables, line-ups, substitutions, in-match commentary text, etc.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 01:17:25 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Villa [1] - 0 Liverpool; Kirsty Hanson goal on 8' for Villa - https://twitter.com/BarclaysWSL/status/1660273248486166529

Villa 1 - [1] Liverpool; Katey Stengel goal on 37' - https://twitter.com/BarclaysWSL/status/1660280357139415041

Villa 1 - [2] Liverpool; Natasha Dowie goal on 41' - https://twitter.com/BarclaysWSL/status/1660282290386378754

Villa [2] - 2 Liverpool; Rachel Daly goal on 45+1' - https://twitter.com/BarclaysWSL/status/1660283381945606144

2-2; half-time...

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 02:58:03 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
Decent game so far. (Bit annoyed the FAPlayer stream was down for the first 25 min or so.

Missy Bo is on fire so far.

Bot disappointed with the defending for both goals.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
...What a goal by Stengel!!!!

The pass by Kearns, the cross by Van Der Sanden, and the fantastic headed finish.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

Villa 2 - [3] Liverpool; Katey Stengel goal on 62' - https://twitter.com/BarclaysWSL/status/1660291986170200069 ;D

Villa [3] - 3 Liverpool; Kirsty Hanson goal on 70' -

3-3; full-time.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 04:03:59 pm by oojason »

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Look who it is  8)

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
Good end of season kick about,ya one from Villa Stanhouse? should of got a red for that "tackle"when we didn't put the ball out,she went in way to hard and deliberate.Probs should of got the first away win of the season but oh well.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
The WSL title may be wrapped up today. Chelsea can get a fourth in a row if they beat Arsenal (just kicked off on BBC2) and United fail to beat City later this evening. Reading's loss to Spurs yesterday means relegation can also be confirmed if Leicester beat West Ham, otherwise it will go to the final weekend--although Reading are all but relegated anyway because their final match is against Chelsea.
Chelsea took care of their own business and beat Arsenal. United managed a 90th minute winner  ::)  So the title goes down to the final day. Technically and mathematically speaking anyway. Which means we are technically and mathematically speaking the team who can make United come up on short, should we get a win/draw against them at Prenton Park next Sunday. We won't really be considered the reason they don't win it, however, because it's not in their hands and it's extremely unlikely Chelsea will slip at Reading. That said, I'd still very much like to not give United another 3pts after already doing so once this season. We owe them something for that particularly embarrassing defeat.

At the other end of the table, Leicester did not beat West Ham, so the relegation battle also goes down to the final day. Technically and mathematically speaking anyway. Looking at the Reading players' reactions at their final whistle against Spurs I think they all knew that match was their only real chance and that they'll get nothing at all out of Chelsea. Leicester have Brighton at home, and they shouldn't really need to even draw but there is a good chance they could, or maybe even win it.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

'HIGHLIGHTS: Aston Villa 3-3 Liverpool Women | Six-goal thriller at Villa Park' - a 2 minute video from LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5dHFj03OnWE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5dHFj03OnWE</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/5dHFj03OnWE

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpool-fc-women-confirm-player-departures-0

Liverpool FC Women can confirm Megan Campbell, Charlotte Clarke, Ashley Hodson, Carla Humphrey, Leighanne Robe and Rhiannon Roberts will leave the club when their current deals expire at the end of the season.

Hope they land with nice clubs. Sad to see Campbell, Robe, and Roberts go especially - they were huge in getting us back to WSL.

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Yes just seen that surprise by a couple on that list. Have to see now what we do in the transfer window.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Emma Sanders was saying Daniels, Matthews and Cumings were out of contract in addition to the above, so presumably they have renewed? I wonder if there was a mix up reporting Cumings instead of Clarke. Either way, it's a little weird that we have been giving games to Clarke in place of Laws when it looks like Cumings is the keeper staying on.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Emma Sanders was saying Daniels, Matthews and Cumings were out of contract in addition to the above, so presumably they have renewed? I wonder if there was a mix up reporting Cumings instead of Clarke. Either way, it's a little weird that we have been giving games to Clarke in place of Laws when it looks like Cumings is the keeper staying on.
Emma Sanders is saying Daniels signed a new 1 year deal; Matthews signed a 2 year deal. Decent business imo.

https://twitter.com/em_sandy/status/1661711711123001344?s=20

Clarke has been on loan at WBA this season, can't say anything as to how she's done.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Clarke has been on loan at WBA this season, can't say anything as to how she's done.
Oh god, you're right. Clarke, Cumings, Kirby. Too many goalkeepers and all with too similar names and too similar dark ponytails. I guess I must have forgotten all about us having Clarke and mistook her name for Kirby's  ;D

I should mention as a side note to the above that Foster is also leaving. She wasn't listed in this announcement of six releases because she was given an individual announcement a couple of days earlier.

So this takes us from having five goalkeepers to just the three. Laws, Kirby, Cumings. I do think it's possible that our squad for next season won't contain all of them.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
Missy Bo got the Young Player of the Year at the Women's Football Awards!

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
In terms of new recruits for next season, Beard revealed work is already under way.

He added: “We’ve got seven players that will be moving on and we’ll have Lucy Parry back, who has been on loan with Hibernian. She has had a great season there.

“We signed Hannah Silcock to a long-term contract last summer but she has been balancing recently between football and her A-Levels so she will be back for the new season.

“We are looking at getting at least five new players coming in as a minimum, also knowing that Hannah and Lucy will be back.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/matt-beard-pays-tribute-departing-players-and-discusses-summer-transfers

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
I'm really looking forward to today's game.
It's going to be my first game at Prenton pk, though I've seen the women play 5 times around the London area this season.

Hoping we will deny ManU the title.

Hoping we don't play a weakened team to accomodation the leavers, but absolutely go as strong as possible.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Liverpool Women v Manchester United Women - a 2.30pm kick off...

Mancs Utd XI: Earps, Blundell, Turner, Le Tissier, Batlle, Zelem, Boe Risa, Galton, Toone, Parris, Russo.

The match is live on UK TV on - BBC One, BBC iPlayer, and the BBC Sport Websitewww.live-footballontv.com/wsl-on-tv.html

The match being shown live on TV around the world (+ great for IPTV etc) : www.livesoccertv.com/match/4384290/liverpool-vs-manchester-united

Streams:-

www.vipboxtv.sk/stream-liverpool-w-vs-manchester-united-w-live-1
https://www.vivafoot.xyz/p/liverpool-women-v-manchester-united.html (4 links)
https://footysaga.com/broadcasts/114483/liverpool-w-manchester-united-w-england-women-super-league
https://rj.freestreams-live1.tv/cbssn-usa
https://rj.freestreams-live1.tv/bbcone-tv
https://rj.freestreams-live1.tv/channel-24
https://bosscast.net/ch_ks.php?456
https://bosscast.net/ch_ks.php?408
https://bosscast.net/ch_ks.php?240
https://reddit1.sportshub.stream/event/l%D1%96v%D0%B5r%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BEl_w_m%D0%B0n%D1%81h%D0%B5st%D0%B5r_un%D1%96t%D0%B5d_w_135773986

Goals and team info etc should be up on the https://twitter.com/BarclaysWSL & https://twitter.com/LiverpoolFCW & https://twitter.com/ManUtdWomen accounts too.

www.flashscore.co.uk/team/liverpool/Ye260xTF - quality live scores site, fixtures & results, live tables, line-ups, substitutions, in-match commentary text, etc.

Guardian's 'WSL Final Day' live blog thing: www.theguardian.com/football/live/2023/may/27/reading-v-chelsea-liverpool-v-manchester-united-wsl-final-day-live

« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 02:00:44 pm by oojason »

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 01:49:07 am by oojason »

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
Decent game if football.
Totally different to the away game against them earlier in the season.

Every player was good, no-one let the side down.

Loads of positives, and then really important thing is...
ManU didn't win the league.

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
Final stats for 2022/23, 28 games played in all competitions.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Final stats for 2022/23, 28 games played in all competitions.
Stengel cut a lonely figure up front at times. Hope Kiernan can show her ability at the WSL level.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Stengel cut a lonely figure up front at times. Hope Kiernan can show her ability at the WSL level.
Kiernan looked pretty good in her cameo against Villa considering she was 8 months out. It would have been nice to see her make an appearance yesterday also, but presumably she was left out for the sake of her World Cup chances. It would have been a real shame for her to have put in all that effort getting fit in time for potential selection only to go and injure herself once more as an unnecessary substitution in a last day dead rubber match. I expect next season will be a totally different story for her.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
Now the title, champions league places and relegation are all sorted.
I guess the big think now is the players being released and transfers.

I think if we're looking to improve our squad  we should look to see if we can nick the odd player from  teams who didn't get champions league (ManC), or maybe Reading's best player???

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Now the title, champions league places and relegation are all sorted.
I guess the big think now is the players being released and transfers.

I think if we're looking to improve our squad  we should look to see if we can nick the odd player from  teams who didn't get champions league (ManC), or maybe Reading's best player???
City seem to be pretty quiet about departures this summer. I saw only one reported exit prior to the final day, whereas this time last year there was talk of a mass exodus swirling. Raso is the player leaving. She is being linked to Real Madrid. Of the relegated Reading squad, the only player I think would be an interesting pick up is Deanne Rose, but so will many others clubs. I do believe she is out of contract. She did miss practically the whole season through injury, however.

These are the players we've been linked with so far:

Teagan Micah
Sam Kerr
Jenna Clark
Martina Piemonte (favouring Everton)
Sophie Roman Haug

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

'HIGHLIGHTS: Liverpool Women 0-1 Manchester United | Reds play out to record attendance on final day' - 2 minute video from LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/G-T-Z-_Re2g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/G-T-Z-_Re2g</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/G-T-Z-_Re2g

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
These are the players we've been linked with so far:

Teagan Micah
Sam Kerr
Jenna Clark
Martina Piemonte (favouring Everton)
Sophie Roman Haug
This one can be scratched, she has signed for Bayern.

It was reported that we didn't sign her back in the winter because a fee couldn't be agreed with Rangers, but I could never quite decide how credible the source was. Our interest in her was still there back in mid-April when Emma Sanders said so, so I can only conclude that none of the other midfielders who were signed in January were Kerr alternatives. I hope we haven't wasted too much time pursuing this one.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
Razza' fearwel.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/rhiannon-roberts-it-has-been-absolute-pleasure-play-club

I've got to say of the 7 players that have left, I'm most saddened to see Razza leave.

Hope she gets signed up by someone soon, and has a great future.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
Exclusive: Liverpool closing in on a deal to buy back Melwood as a training base for their women’s team.
Historic 12-acre site was sold to affordable housing developer Torus for around £10million in 2019.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1663911046388621312?t=YM4WzdqnIG9_dJLEdSch-w&s=19

https://theathletic.com/4566731/2023/05/31/liverpool-melwood-training-ground-women/?source=emp_shared_article