Author Topic: Amy Winehouse dead  (Read 30182 times)

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Amy Winehouse dead
« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2011, 01:21:00 pm »
sometimes I'd like to see the "just say no" brigade have to bury their loved ones as a result of drug addiction, I'd wager that your attitude would change then..

Isn't a dead 27 year old woman quite an advertisement for just saying no?
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #201 on: July 24, 2011, 02:43:20 pm »
For every complex and difficult question there is a simple answer.

And it's simplistic ill-informed garbage.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: July 24, 2011, 03:59:52 pm »
Why do so many on here seem so obsessed by her drug habit? The bottom line is that she had a terrible addiction, which in all likelihood ended up killing her. Shit happens people with addictions like that die all time. The likes of David Bowie and Keith Richards managed to overcome it unfortunately for Amy she wasn’t able to; she wasn’t the first and want be the last, just remember what she brought to the music industry.
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #203 on: July 24, 2011, 05:23:05 pm »
In your opinion and some others. Others will disagree.

it wasn't an opinion, it was a forecast based on the fact that she was a talented artist who died prematurely but left behind a taste of what might have been...see also Nick Drake/Joplin/Tim Buckley/Jeff Buckley/Morrison/Mark Linkous/Kurt Kobain/Elliot Smith etc...all of whom were lauded more in death than when they were alive. She joins that list.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2011, 05:50:11 pm »
because unfortunately some view her death as an opportunity to broadcast some of their own prejudices....

happens all the time in the RIP threads.....why people cant just keep a respectful silence, at least for a day or two, is beyond me.

So sad people feel the need to do this, this is more appropriate

I caught her the first time at the Ambassador in 08 the night before Mancs got a late winner against us. The Bitter and sweet in life in under 24 hours. This was when she was in her pomp, "Back to Black" had just come out and she was as yet ravaged by excess. Her shows were that bit more intimate and quiet back then, she did an almost acapella version of this, so glad I was there to witness her like that. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4L9-AvjsB6g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4L9-AvjsB6g</a>

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2011, 05:50:52 pm »
I've lived a very sheltered life, so I'm just gonna put my head in the stocks and ask this. Why on earth would you start taking heroin? It just seems like the least beneficial, most dangerous, most unclean, most expensive and most addictive drug that you can possibly get into.

Offline redpirate

• Say hello to my little brain.....Be quick though, it's shrinking quicker than a polar ice cap.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: July 24, 2011, 05:51:24 pm »
because unfortunately some view her death as an opportunity to broadcast some of their own prejudices....

happens all the time in the RIP threads.....why people cant just keep a respectful silence, at least for a day or two, is beyond me.

Because if saying the truth about how she died manages to discourage just ONE young person to give up on drugs, then her death might serve a purpose. That's why.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #207 on: July 24, 2011, 05:53:11 pm »
Can't people just accept that some people think she's a genius (personally I don't. I think she's as much a genius as Plan B who made an equally decent album), some think she's just a good soul singer? Does it matter?
What I hate is the media.

Two newspapers today had two totally different reasons for her death. One an ecstasy tablet, the other a cocktail of drugs. Then the gossip columnist openly weeping about her, and yet when she was alive, she kept these rags and gossip columnists in stories, and they had no hesitation in printing it and using her to make a name for themselves.

As happened with Britney Spears, they are quick to jump onto anything they do, take photo's of them pissed, follow them around like vultures, the second they die, they openly weep and say how tragic it all is. They aren't happy until they have a tragic story to tell, sadly, she was all too predictable to end up like this. Such a shame and a tragic loss of life.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #208 on: July 24, 2011, 06:01:12 pm »
Spot on Paul. The thing is, for every person who despises what the press do there will be 30 more buying 'celebrity' gossip rags and poring over every detail in the tabloids. Same with Michael Jackson, Britney, Whitney Houston, Jade Goody and many others. When it's all ends horribly they jump the fence and print tributes and say how they were just misunderstood people, despite the fact that they have profited from hounding them.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2011, 06:01:58 pm »
Can't people just accept that some people think she's a genius (personally I don't. I think she's as much a genius as Plan B who made an equally decent album), some think she's just a good soul singer? Does it matter?

Two newspapers today had two totally different reasons for her death. One an ecstasy tablet, the other a cocktail of drugs. Then the gossip columnist openly weeping about her, and yet when she was alive, she kept these rags and gossip columnists in stories, and they had no hesitation in printing it and using her to make a name for themselves.

As happened with Britney Spears, they are quick to jump onto anything they do, take photo's of them pissed, follow them around like vultures, the second they die, they openly weep and say how tragic it all is. They aren't happy until they have a tragic story to tell, sadly, she was all too predictable to end up like this. Such a shame and a tragic loss of life.

Excellent post which I agree with most of what you say.
Certain people made a mint out of her when she was alive and now they stand to make an even bigger mint out her.
I expect a shed load of unreleased songs to appear very shortly and a film based on her life within a couple of years.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2011, 06:10:04 pm »
....Why on earth would you start taking heroin?

It is one of the most powerful mimics of natural endorphins and (initially at least) makes you feel absolutely great, likened by some to a minute long orgasm followed by then anything upto several hours of a blissful 'couldn't care less this is wonderful' euphoric state of mind.
Unfortunately, like most Opioids, it's also highly addictive and despite its effect becoming lessened the more you take, it becomes very difficult to then stop.
And then, forever seeking that first initial blissful hit experience all over again, you start to overdose.
I have had (limited) experience of Morphine for medical purposes and can completely understand what Heroin must be like.
From personal experience, I would strongly recommend that irrespective of the temptation and unless for medical reasons, you just never ever do it.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2011, 06:13:35 pm »
It is one of the most powerful mimics of natural endorphins and (initially at least) makes you feel absolutely great, likened by some to a minute long orgasm followed by then anything upto several hours of a blissful 'couldn't care less this is wonderful' euphoric state of mind.
Unfortunately, like most Opioids, it's also highly addictive and despite its effect becoming lessened the more you take, it becomes very difficult to then stop.
And then, forever seeking that first initial blissful hit experience all over again, you start to overdose.
I have had (limited) experience of Morphine for medical purposes and can completely understand what Heroin must be like.
From personal experience, I would strongly recommend that irrespective of the temptation and unless for medical reasons, you just never ever do it.

Ah. Never realised there was a period of ecstasy after taking it, I thought it acted as an immediate depressant. Cheers :)

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2011, 06:18:41 pm »
rip

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2011, 06:20:01 pm »
Excellent post which I agree with most of what you say.

More than anything Terry, it's the columnist's that get me irritated. Saying what a tragic waste it all is etc. I bet half the stories that were printed about her while she was alive were exaggerated for maximum effect, and then they wonder why these young stars fall into vicious circles. Opinion pieces about people like Winehouse written on the back of an exaggerated report, and then passed off as if that report was 100% factual of course.

Not for a minute saying they are solely responsible, but they can't wring their hands of it as soon as she dies and profess to being upset (as one did today), when they were quite happy following her around waiting for her to fall.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2011, 06:21:02 pm »
Ah. Never realised there was a period of ecstasy after taking it, I thought it acted as an immediate depressant. Cheers :)

Did you never see Trainspotting??  ;)

"Better than any meat injection", apparently.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #215 on: July 24, 2011, 06:32:31 pm »

Yep.  Thing is, they have this huge amount of empty pages to fill each day, and their jobs depend on filling them.  And a tragedy fills more pages than a feelgood.  On occasions like this the example of Private Eye's Glenda Slag hits the bullseye.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2011, 06:43:22 pm »
makes you feel absolutely great, likened by some to a minute long orgasm followed by then anything upto several hours of a blissful 'couldn't care less this is wonderful' euphoric state of mind.

just re-watch the Istanbul final again..similar effect but a lot less messy
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2011, 06:51:07 pm »
I looked it up on Wiki because I saw someone else mention it before.  Don't get me wrong, I thought she was better than Steps but some people seem to be slightly overstating what impact she actually had on the music industry, which wasn't really much at all.
Actually she had a massive influence on the industry. Before she came along there hadnt been a female vocalist like her for years, she is in the mold of Dusty Springfield. She wasnt manufactured she had an honest true and unique voice.

After her success we get people like Corinne Bailey Rae, Duffy, Adele and so on. Now you can argue that they would of made it without her kicking the door down first, but I would say not, the reason they were given a chance is because Winehouse had made being a solo female vocalist popular again and so the industry was looking for similar artists. Same way it always works, its fad and money driven, Oasis make it, they are all looking for an Oasis type band, the Beatles, they are looking for Beatles type bands, Elvis etc.

Her output doesnt match her talent, but thats due to off field problems, her talent and the uniqueness of her voice actually put her up there with the likes of Springfield & Billie Holiday, its a shame her output wasnt at the same level, but then what she did put out was always quality, there is nothing poor or substandard about her work at all.

As for people wondering about why take heroin, well there are loads of reasons, it feels fucking great for a start, otherwise no one would do it, it feels so good in fact it becomes all consuming. I've never done it but I guess thats the reason, and its like anything in life thats a thrill, why do we do anything, why do we watch football, because we are addicted to it and sometimes it feels fucking great. Ok its not a self destructive pursuit, but then look at other things, sky diving, rock climbing, speeding on the motorway, there are a number of things people do that have a massive edge of danger to them, they do them because of the thrill and because they dont think they are going to die, most people who get into stuff like heroin dont think its going to kill them, they think they can handle it, despite the warnings and everything they know.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2011, 07:25:13 pm »
Sorry I'm late, sad news and a waste of a young life and talent.

Like her or not, she's still somebodies daughter.

RIP Amy.

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2011, 08:22:58 pm »
R.I.P Amy.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2011, 08:30:38 pm »

Have you had dealings with drug abusers and alchoholics may i ask? .  Well for your interest i have .So no i am certainly not being flippant or dismissive ......... Far from it mate . There are people out there who you really cant help no matter how much you want to.

Unfortunately, yes. It's not that uncommon. There's usually at least one in every family. As it happens i have a big family who are fairly close knit and have had to endure alot of shit over the years, through both drink and drugs. To take the attitude that you have is to give up on someone. To do that to a person who in all likelyhood is probably in despair is a very dangerous thing to do.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 08:35:34 pm by Magin85 »

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2011, 09:03:54 pm »
Two things here:

Apparently Amy Winehouse has quite recently attended rehab, so that should put to bed those 'no,no,no' jokes and Russell Brand (who some of you hate) has put his own perspective on her death, because like Amy he was a druggie and has come through the other side, released this on his website today, which personally thought was a good read

Russell Brand 24/7/11
"When you love someone who suffers from the disease of addiction you await the phone call. There will be a phone call. The sincere hope is that the call will be from the addict themselves, telling you they've had enough, that they're ready to stop, ready to try something new. Of course though, you fear the other call, the sad nocturnal chime from a friend or relative telling you it's too late, she's gone.

Frustratingly it's not a call you can ever make it must be received. It is impossible to intervene.

I've known Amy Winehouse for years. When I first met her around Camden she was just some twit in a pink satin jacket shuffling round bars with mutual friends, most of whom were in cool Indie bands or peripheral Camden figures Withnail-ing their way through life on impotent charisma. Carl Barat told me that 'Winehouse' (which I usually called her and got a kick out of cos it's kind of funny to call a girl by her surname) was a jazz singer, which struck me as a bizarrely anomalous in that crowd. To me with my limited musical knowledge this information placed Amy beyond an invisible boundary of relevance; 'Jazz singer? She must be some kind of eccentric' I thought. I chatted to her anyway though, she was after all, a girl, and she was sweet and peculiar but most of all vulnerable.

I was myself at that time barely out of rehab and was thirstily seeking less complicated women so I barely reflected on the now glaringly obvious fact that Winehouse and I shared an affliction, the disease of addiction. All addicts, regardless of the substance or their social status share a consistent and obvious symptom; they're not quite present when you talk to them. They communicate to you through a barely discernible but un-ignorable veil. Whether a homeless smack head troubling you for 50p for a cup of tea or a coked-up, pinstriped exec foaming off about his 'speedboat' there is a toxic aura that prevents connection. They have about them the air of elsewhere, that they're looking through you to somewhere else they'd rather be. And of course they are. The priority of any addict is to anaesthetise the pain of living to ease the passage of the day with some purchased relief.

From time to time I'd bump into Amy she had good banter so we could chat a bit and have a laugh, she was 'a character' but that world was riddled with half cut, doped up chancers, I was one of them, even in early recovery I was kept afloat only by clinging to the bodies of strangers so Winehouse, but for her gentle quirks, didn't especially register.

Then she became massively famous and I was pleased to see her acknowledged but mostly baffled because I'd not experienced her work and this not being the 1950s I wondered how a 'jazz singer' had achieved such cultural prominence. I wasn't curious enough to do anything so extreme as listen to her music or go to one of her gigs, I was becoming famous myself at the time and that was an all consuming experience. It was only by chance that I attended a Paul Weller gig at the Roundhouse that I ever saw her live.

I arrived late and as I made my way to the audience through the plastic smiles and plastic cups I heard the rolling, wondrous resonance of a female vocal. Entering the space I saw Amy on stage with Weller and his band; and then the awe. The awe that envelops when witnessing a genius. From her oddly dainty presence that voice, a voice that seemed not to come from her but from somewhere beyond even Billie and Ella, from the font of all greatness. A voice that was filled with such power and pain that it was at once entirely human yet laced with the divine. My ears, my mouth, my heart and mind all instantly opened. Winehouse. Winehouse? Winehouse! That twerp, all eyeliner and lager dithering up Chalk Farm Road under a back-combed barnet, the lips that I'd only seen clenching a fishwife fag and dribbling curses now a portal for this holy sound. So now I knew. She wasn't just some hapless wannabe, yet another pissed up nit who was never gonna make it, nor was she even a ten-a-penny-chanteuse enjoying her fifteen minutes. She was a f**king genius.

Shallow fool that I am I now regarded her in a different light, the light that blazed down from heaven when she sang. That lit her up now and a new phase in our friendship began. She came on a few of my TV and radio shows, I still saw her about but now attended to her with a little more interest. Publicly though, Amy increasingly became defined by her addiction. Our media though is more interested in tragedy than talent, so the ink began to defect from praising her gift to chronicling her downfall. The destructive personal relationships, the blood soaked ballet slippers, the aborted shows, that youtube madness with the baby mice. In the public perception this ephemeral tittle-tattle replaced her timeless talent. This and her manner in our occasional meetings brought home to me the severity of her condition.

Addiction is a serious disease; it will end with jail, mental institutions or death. I was 27 years old when through the friendship and help of Chip Somers of the treatment centre Focus12, I found recovery. Through Focus I was introduced to support fellowships for alcoholics and drug addicts which are very easy to find and open to anybody with a desire to stop drinking and without which I would not be alive.

Now Amy Winehouse is dead, like many others whose unnecessary deaths have been retrospectively romanticised, at 27 years old. Whether this tragedy was preventable or not is now irrelevant. It is not preventable today. We have lost a beautiful and talented woman to this disease. Not all addicts have Amy's incredible talent. Or Kurt's or Jimi's or Janis's, some people just get the affliction. All we can do is adapt the way we view this condition, not as a crime or a romantic affectation but as a disease that will kill. We need to review the way society treats addicts, not as criminals but as sick people in need of care. We need to look at the way our government funds rehabilitation. It is cheaper to rehabilitate an addict than to send them to prison, so criminalisation doesn't even make economic sense. Not all of us know someone with the incredible talent that Amy had but we all know drunks and junkies and they all need help and the help is out there.

All they have to do is pick up the phone and make the call. Or not. Either way, there will be a phone call."

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2011, 09:06:18 pm »
I'm just surprsied that i'm surprised she died.

Always thought (or more like hoped) she would recover from her problems.

Wasn't originally a fan of her music but it eventually grew on me. Would have loved her to release a new album to match Back to Black.

RIP Amy.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2011, 10:43:18 pm »
Two things here:

Apparently Amy Winehouse has quite recently attended rehab, so that should put to bed those 'no,no,no' jokes and Russell Brand (who some of you hate) has put his own perspective on her death, because like Amy he was a druggie and has come through the other side, released this on his website today, which personally thought was a good read

Good read that.

hoonin

« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2011, 10:46:39 pm »
Stupid, mmmmhh cheers mate

I stick by what I posted seeing as the school spews out manufactured singers & actors by the hundreds

When someone is unable to distinguish between a regulated academic institute and the likes of Pete Waterman or Simon Cowell,  they're probably too stupid to be having this discussion to begin with.

For you personally, I think you're done in this topic. Agreed?

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2011, 10:58:39 pm »
Unfortunately, yes. It's not that uncommon. There's usually at least one in every family. As it happens i have a big family who are fairly close knit and have had to endure alot of shit over the years, through both drink and drugs. To take the attitude that you have is to give up on someone. To do that to a person who in all likelyhood is probably in despair is a very dangerous thing to do.

There  was no attitude in my post, neither any comment with regards to giving up on a  person  and you have totally misconstrude the point of my comment.You never stop trying to help NEVER and you NEVER give up on them,  but they give up  on themselves thats not my opinion its a fact . The fact also remains the same  you cannot help everyone
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2011, 11:06:07 pm »
Two things here:

excellent that

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2011, 11:35:01 pm »
Just really bloody sad. Whenever I caught her on TV, I never switched over.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #228 on: July 25, 2011, 02:16:13 am »
It's sad, really sad when you put it all into perspective. Pretty much all I've got to say on the matter.

Offline dann

• Anny Roader
« Reply #229 on: July 25, 2011, 03:08:36 am »
great read that from russell brand, really brings it home.

Offline firedragon

• Kopite
« Reply #230 on: July 25, 2011, 10:35:31 am »
I've had addictions of my own personally not exactly drink drug related yet everytime i stopped i kept beating myself up  over it, full of guilt and returned to my old habits each and everytime. It's not as simple as just saying no, some people can never recover and overcome their issues they eventually give up, feeling their beyond help.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: July 25, 2011, 11:34:05 am »
Has it actually been confirmed that she died from an overdose ?
And has suicide been ruled out yet ?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: July 25, 2011, 11:37:30 am »
There's been no news Ron except her albums sales are increasing.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: July 25, 2011, 12:02:02 pm »
Seen her live at the Eden Project in July 2007, around the same sort of time she was constantly pulling out of gigs, spitting on and abusing her crowds. I don't think she completed a huge amount of concerts after that.

She was a unique talent.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #234 on: July 25, 2011, 12:11:05 pm »

No, the post mortem is due later today. Still doesn't seem to stop people wading in with opinions and judgments...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #235 on: July 25, 2011, 12:11:33 pm »
OK - cleared out a load of speculation and ill-informed opinion from the thread.

If you want to reflect or remember the sad loss of a talented young woman feel free to contribute to the thread. If you want to do anything else, please do it elsewhere.

Thanks...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:29:02 pm by Alan_F »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #236 on: July 25, 2011, 12:42:34 pm »

Nail on the head here - got to say people I'm sat not a million miles away at this minute are doing the exact same thing.

They've been pouring their heart out about her (Not detracting in anyway - its a terrible waste of life) while then ripping shreds out of Sarah Harding and other "celebs".

On more than one occaision I've found myself just shutting up  - especially the point when they compared people getting bowel cancer with people dying of an addiction to drugs - in the sense of eating red meat every day gives people bowel cancer  (my Old man died of bowel cancer).

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #237 on: July 25, 2011, 01:52:51 pm »
Christ on a bike, I never thought I'd see the day when Russel Fucking Brand makes me look at a situation with a different light......fair play.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: July 25, 2011, 01:55:13 pm »
Christ on a bike, I never thought I'd see the day when Russel Fucking Brand makes me look at a situation with a different light......fair play.

I think he's much much sharper than people give him credit for. 

RIP Amy. 

Never been a fan and I don't think I can name even one of her songs but all that is irrelevant.  By all accounts a talented musician and 27 is no age for anyone to pass away. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #239 on: July 25, 2011, 01:58:14 pm »
I think he's much much sharper than people give him credit for. 
Credit where it's due then - that was a decent piece - and thought-provoking too.