Author Topic: Lucas’ critical role for Liverpool  (Read 555456 times)

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Lucas’ critical role for Liverpool
« Reply #5040 on: November 18, 2011, 09:57:32 am »
It's his Moldovan ancestry I think. Presumably western Europeans would have a nastier streak in them. Remember, skills pay the bills.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=279021.msg9496560#msg9496560
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5041 on: November 18, 2011, 10:00:59 am »
Moldovans are friendly sorts.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #5042 on: November 18, 2011, 10:44:14 am »
nice interview, love the lad.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
  • Always look on the bright side of life
« Reply #5043 on: November 18, 2011, 10:52:30 am »
lucas is a good man, always looking to improve, much respect for the man.
"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Offline mulhergremista

• Kopite
« Reply #5044 on: November 19, 2011, 08:48:35 pm »
I don~t know how to treat these nonsense about Moldovan parents..  His mother was born in RS , her family came from Italy, her maiden name is Pezzini, obviously Italian. His father has the name Leiva, which can be find in Spain, there is even a town in the Rioja region in spain named Leiva.  You find this name also in some Latin American countries.  He was born in Brazil and his blue eyes and blond hair are quit common in south Brasil, you sure have heard of the super model Gisele. She is from the south too. 

You can write this nonsense Moldova story 1,000 times , it does not make it true, and I have nothing against  Moldova. He was born and brought up in Brazil, he is Brazilian,  like it or not. 
What is a true Brazilian? Brazil is an immigrant country, the "true" natives have been partly extint, and the rest mixed up with European and african slaves.
.  Some of them are from the converted Jews that fled to Brazil from the inquisition on the 16 sentury, and I could go on. In the South the climate is milder so the italian and German immigrants came mostly there. (Mano Menezes, for example has mother of german origin ) In RS you have Oktoberfest, towns like Novo hamburgo , Blumenao..
His home town Dourados in in Mato grosso do Sur (MS) He only spent his early childhood there, he went to the Interior of SP to afootball boarding school, at 15 he came to Gremio wher he spent some of his forming years. 
He is a true Brazilian, true Southern Brazilian, as was his uncle (Frome the father side) Leivinha, deminutive for Leiva..
Sorry to bother you with all this, but Moldova??

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:52:41 pm by mulhergremista »

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #5045 on: November 19, 2011, 09:09:46 pm »
Mulher, you really do take things too seriously :wave

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5046 on: November 19, 2011, 09:21:53 pm »
Mulher, you really do take things too seriously :wave

fo shizzle.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #5047 on: November 19, 2011, 09:38:09 pm »
Mulher, you didn't mention anything about your Bulgarian president... Now I'm offended... ;) ;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline mulhergremista

• Kopite
« Reply #5048 on: November 19, 2011, 10:18:58 pm »
Fo shizzle??????  Your English is beyond my level..

Anyhow, This thread with the Moldova story and some really untasty racist remark about Lucas were taken seriously by the moderators who locked the thread.

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #5049 on: November 20, 2011, 01:24:55 am »
whats wrong being moldovian?
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline Indian Scouser

• Kopite
« Reply #5050 on: November 20, 2011, 04:34:25 am »

It means he doesn't have true "Brazilian mad skillz".  ;)

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5051 on: November 20, 2011, 07:53:25 am »

Everything.

Or nothing, I dont know.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5052 on: November 20, 2011, 12:14:58 pm »
Fo shizzle??????  Your English is beyond my level..

Anyhow, This thread with the Moldova story and some really untasty racist remark about Lucas were taken seriously by the moderators who locked the thread.

Wow paranoid or what?
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #5053 on: November 20, 2011, 12:30:10 pm »
During the first 35 minutes of Swansea game, Lucas was fucking immense. Had we took our chances, we'd be praising our attackers. As we didn't, we blamed our central midfield for lack of creativity.. Football can be harsh sometimes.

On the whole, we've played well since the Spurs debacle, but Immense is one of the last words Id be using to describe anyone in Red in that game......a very poor all round team display....hopefully the criticism that followed - and the Luis situation - may galvanize them into getting back on track today
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5054 on: November 20, 2011, 05:55:56 pm »
Decent first half but pretty anonomous in the second half, couple of good interceptions and tackles but him and in fact the whole team looked to have run out of steam in the second half.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #5055 on: November 20, 2011, 05:59:24 pm »
Decent first half but pretty anonomous in the second half, couple of good interceptions and tackles but him and in fact the whole team looked to have run out of steam in the second half.

He never stopped working. The whole team got pushed back predictably and Lucas acted like a sweeper almost in front of the back 4, I'd be interested to see a position map as I reckon he was situated within 10 yds off our box for much of the second half.
Anonymous my arse.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5056 on: November 20, 2011, 05:59:48 pm »
BOSS!!!!!!!!!

Offline worthers

• originals
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5057 on: November 20, 2011, 06:00:01 pm »
Was worried after he got booked in 1st half. Thought he might have been sent off if Chelsea upped their game.
"We can not walk alone" Martin Luther King 1963

In nine years, Paisley won three European Cups, a Uefa Cup, six League titles and three League Cups. He won three European Cups in nine years, while Mr Ferguson has managed two in 24.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #5058 on: November 20, 2011, 06:00:12 pm »
Absofucking boss.;

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5059 on: November 20, 2011, 06:01:54 pm »
He never stopped working. The whole team got pushed back predictably and Lucas acted like a sweeper almost in front of the back 4, I'd be interested to see a position map as I reckon he was situated within 10 yds off our box for much of the second half.
Anonymous my arse.

Dont get me wrong he was good in defence but he did not do much with the ball in the second half, he also did not cover Johnson as much as he normally does and Johnson was absolutely taken apart for most of the second half.  You could be right and he might have been under instuction but I have seen him play far better than that
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5060 on: November 20, 2011, 06:02:27 pm »

He wasn't anonomous mate- he was on a booking and Chelsea was always going to come out fighting in the 2nd half.

Lucas and Adam were boss today.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #5061 on: November 20, 2011, 06:02:37 pm »
He's just consistently great

Every other minute I'm sat there shouting great tackle Lucas, well in Lucas, nice one Lucas.  Only when we're playing though, I don't do it the rest of the time

But he's involved in so much of our play, his confidence is soaring, long may it continue
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5062 on: November 20, 2011, 06:04:35 pm »
He wasn't anonomous mate- he was on a booking and Chelsea was always going to come out fighting in the 2nd half.

Lucas and Adam were boss today.
On reflection quiet should have been the word I used and not anonomous.  :)  Of course I fully understand the reason with the booking and the pressure we were under

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5063 on: November 20, 2011, 06:04:46 pm »
Need a gif of that sublime piece of skill around 15 minutes in.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline mulhergremista

• Kopite
« Reply #5064 on: November 20, 2011, 06:04:59 pm »
Wow paranoid or what?

You anlyzed my mental situation, bu did not answer the qyestion what dos fo shizzle means.  What a genious.. better go to that thread and read the posts in question.  I did not want to quote them here because they too detestable. 
So before analyzung my mental state, better look up tohose posts, I recomend anty-vomiting tablets at hand.

We have won the game against Chelsea, I will not let worms to ruin my good mood today.   

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5065 on: November 20, 2011, 06:06:56 pm »
Dont get me wrong he was good in defence but he did not do much with the ball in the second half, he also did not cover Johnson as much as he normally does and Johnson was absolutely taken apart for most of the second half. 

That's Dirk Kuyt's job moreso than Lucas.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5066 on: November 20, 2011, 06:10:03 pm »
That's Dirk Kuyt's job moreso than Lucas.
True but its a big feature of Lucas's game that he covers his fullbacks really well. 

Anyways Im not saying he had a bad game just that he was quiet for a lot of the second half whilst getting on with his job

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5067 on: November 20, 2011, 06:12:03 pm »
He had to reel himself in a bit, pulling out of challenges, because of his yellow.  He's always in the right position though.  I didn't see a problem with his performance today. 

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #5068 on: November 20, 2011, 06:12:39 pm »
I thought he was outstanding for us today...covered a hell of a lot of ground today...anyone got any stats on how many kilometers he covered from start to finish today?

I thought at times in the second half, he was practically running a one man show in the middle of the park trying to stem the Chelsea tide.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 06:16:21 pm by Mad Men »
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5069 on: November 20, 2011, 06:13:31 pm »
True but its a big feature of Lucas's game that he covers his fullbacks really well. 

Anyways Im not saying he had a bad game just that he was quiet for a lot of the second half whilst getting on with his job

Well you said you thought he was anonymous earlier, how could he be so if he was "getting on with his job"?

Stop looking for reasons to criticise the lad, Maxi and Adam were also quiet for parts of the game but when it mattered they stepped up as did Lucas Leiva and as someone already said he had to be careful being on a yellow.

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5070 on: November 20, 2011, 06:16:54 pm »
Well you said you thought he was anonymous earlier, how could he be so if he was "getting on with his job"?

Stop looking for reasons to criticise the lad, Maxi and Adam were also quiet for parts of the game but when it mattered they stepped up as did Lucas Leiva and as someone already said he had to be careful being on a yellow.
Lol not looking for reasons to criticse, look at my post history I am a massive fan of him but I have seen him play better even on a yellow in matches. 

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #5071 on: November 20, 2011, 06:17:36 pm »
On route to becoming one of the best of his generation in this role.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5072 on: November 20, 2011, 06:18:03 pm »
Lol not looking for reasons to criticse, look at my post history I am a massive fan of him but I have seen him play better even on a yellow in matches. 

Fair enough.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #5073 on: November 20, 2011, 06:20:31 pm »
Lucas had an excellent game..but pipped to MOTM by his midfield partner......easily the best they've played as a duo all season....hats off to the pair of them
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline What's the procedure Mr Mod?

• A custom title is the bit that may appear around about here...and believe me, you've got off lightly! Likes a bit of Bottom.
  • Kopite
  • #Lucasisboss
« Reply #5074 on: November 20, 2011, 06:23:16 pm »
Lucas is second on the team sheet behind Pepe. He's world class at his trade, in my opinion.

You can't be at 100% all the time, but I rec he had a good game today anyway, surprised dome having a dig. He and Adam seem to be gelling really well, Adam shone today actually maybe that's why, people looking for a way to get a good moan off their chest.

Lucas consistently puts a shift in and performs really well for us doing a really difficult job. Should be captain in my eyes, don't like keeper captains.
Twitter me: https://twitter.com/#!/BenLetcher

Justice for the 96 - you'll never walk alone.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5075 on: November 20, 2011, 06:30:36 pm »
You anlyzed my mental situation, bu did not answer the qyestion what dos fo shizzle means.  What a genious.. better go to that thread and read the posts in question.  I did not want to quote them here because they too detestable. 
So before analyzung my mental state, better look up tohose posts, I recomend anty-vomiting tablets at hand.

We have won the game against Chelsea, I will not let worms to ruin my good mood today.   

What are you talking about? Stop getting your knickers in a twist over nothing.

Back to the game Luiz is a c*nt for getting Lucas booked rolling around like that when they had agreed to donate food to charity.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #5076 on: November 20, 2011, 06:36:47 pm »
Did anyone else notice two seperate moments when he was crowded in possession and pulled out a couple of tricks to buy space and keep possession?  Very Brazilian of him ;-)

If anyone can find the clips, I'd be grateful.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #5077 on: November 20, 2011, 06:46:43 pm »
Did anyone else notice two seperate moments when he was crowded in possession and pulled out a couple of tricks to buy space and keep possession?  Very Brazilian of him ;-)

Yeah, he produced a couple of outstanding bits of skill and made them look incredibly easy in the process.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Ben_

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5078 on: November 20, 2011, 06:47:20 pm »

Yep, both were brilliant.

He is a colossus, quite simply.
The match kicks off in 30 minutes ya silly twat

"This European Cup final is won, AC Milan 3, Liverpool 0."

"This scoreline is absolutely staggering, AC Milan 3, Liverpool 3!" - Five Live

Offline spinaltapped

• Flesh tuxedo?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Rico Suavez
« Reply #5079 on: November 20, 2011, 07:12:17 pm »
I loved Lucas incorporating flair into his very uncomplicated play. He isn't like most players that use flair to show off or to make the other player look ridiculous, he did it only when it was going to be effective and when it gave him space to play his game. He's got the defensive mid position down, might as well add some flash before getting off another millimeter perfect pass if you're able.