Author Topic: Ask the next person a question  (Read 559163 times)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: Ask the next person a question
« Reply #12560 on: November 26, 2022, 10:22:52 am »
Frying garlic and onions. Just smells so good and makes me feel a good hearty, tasty meal is on the way. Reminds me of family.

Have you ever been in a long term relationship where you doubted your partner was right for you and you right for them?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #12561 on: November 26, 2022, 10:34:17 am »
I’m not sure I get the reference sorry. All I know is Poughkeepsie is a town/city in upstate New York?

Best city in mainland Europe to visit for 3/4 nights?

you never watched the french connection movie? shame oh shame on you

Frying garlic and onions. Just smells so good and makes me feel a good hearty, tasty meal is on the way. Reminds me of family.

Have you ever been in a long term relationship where you doubted your partner was right for you and you right for them?

i am in a long term relationship and though we've had our moments we are stronger than ever so stick with it i say

have you ever had a man-crush/bromance (heterosexual platonic) or if you are a woman then a girl-crush/womance (same applies) with a friend, acquaintance or celeb?
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12562 on: November 26, 2022, 10:43:16 am »
you never watched the french connection movie? shame oh shame on you

i am in a long term relationship and though we've had our moments we are stronger than ever so stick with it i say

have you ever had a man-crush/bromance (heterosexual platonic) or if you are a woman then a girl-crush/womance (same applies) with a friend, acquaintance or celeb?

My first was Mike Patton from Faith no more, then Rupert Penry Jones/Adam Carter from Spooks and of course the blonde version of Fernando Torres.

Does your partner/family have a much different idea of Christmas to you and how do you reconcile that ?

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #12563 on: November 26, 2022, 12:51:24 pm »
My first was Mike Patton from Faith no more, then Rupert Penry Jones/Adam Carter from Spooks and of course the blonde version of Fernando Torres.

Does your partner/family have a much different idea of Christmas to you and how do you reconcile that ?

Ohhh yes.....for me "the most wonderful time of the year" is, without question....that time in the spring, just as the clocks have gone forward and the temperatures are beginning to rise.

So Christmas (falsely) laying claim to this title is something I never hesitate to remind the missus about.

I even wind her up early December by saying things like:

"It'll soon be here babe...that special day...."

And she knows now that when I say this, I'm referring specifically to January 2nd....as being the day which signifies an end to all the bullshit and kitch that accompanies the festive season.

Like millions of other psychological lemmings, she goes on a downer in January and February....but I become elated and develop a marked spring in my step.

It's like the final track in Jeff Waynes "War Of The Worlds" for me.....

The torment was ended
The people scattered over the country
desperate, leaderless, starved
the thousands who had fled by sea
including the one most dear to me
all would return the pulse of life
growing stronger and stronger would beat again

As life returns to normal,
the question of another attack from Mars Christmas
causes universal concern
Is our planet safe?
or is this time of peace merely a reprieve?

It may be that across the immensity of space,
they have learned their lessons
and even now await their opportunity

Perhaps the future belongs not to us
but to the Martians...Santa..

;D

Q: Do you think you look "your age"? Do others think you do?

YNWA

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12564 on: December 4, 2022, 10:17:21 pm »
When I fix up my beard and hair, I look my age but otherwise I look about 48.

Do you get micro-managed at work?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #12565 on: December 4, 2022, 11:14:48 pm »
Do you get micro-managed at work?

No, barely get managed to be honest. Work as an IT consultant so it's very much manage your own time within the bounds of the project timelines. When we get a micromanager PM we usually make a point of stamping that out.

Will double-breasted suits ever come back into fashion?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12566 on: December 5, 2022, 12:33:02 am »
Will double-breasted suits ever come back into fashion?
Everything comes back into fashion. Cargo pants are back in fashion now, I started wearing sherpa jackets two winters ago because I thought Stephen Stills looked cool in them, they got mainstream a year ago and they're all over the place now.

If you could do any job in the world and be paid what you are now, what would it be?

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #12567 on: December 5, 2022, 09:07:50 pm »
Everything comes back into fashion. Cargo pants are back in fashion now, I started wearing sherpa jackets two winters ago because I thought Stephen Stills looked cool in them, they got mainstream a year ago and they're all over the place now.

If you could do any job in the world and be paid what you are now, what would it be?
Can't think of a better job than I already have (working musician), to be honest.

What's the worst job you ever had?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #12568 on: December 5, 2022, 09:10:56 pm »
Can't think of a better job than I already have (working musician), to be honest.

What's the worst job you ever had?

Worked in a cheese factory for a week, the smell was beyond anything I could take.

What's your best vacation destination?

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12569 on: December 5, 2022, 11:11:12 pm »
Worked in a cheese factory for a week, the smell was beyond anything I could take.

What's your best vacation destination?
Can't pick one destination, as I love doing a city/beach combo. So going to have to go with Singapore and Maldives, both amazing places to get out and about, eat good food and be around genuinely good people.

On the flipside, what's been your worst holiday?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12570 on: December 6, 2022, 12:46:33 am »
On the flipside, what's been your worst holiday?

Skiing trip with school in 2005. Missed my gran's funeral, family convinced me to go - "she wouldn't have wanted you to miss the trip" and all that. Fucking hated it and have no desire to ski ever again.

Have you ever used a music festival toilet block?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12571 on: December 6, 2022, 08:43:20 am »
Plenty of time, they’re amongst the filthiest and foulest places on Earth. Worst I remember seeing was the trough at Leeds in 2016.

Best and worst festival you’ve been to and why?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12572 on: December 6, 2022, 11:22:28 am »
Plenty of time, they’re amongst the filthiest and foulest places on Earth. Worst I remember seeing was the trough at Leeds in 2016.

Best and worst festival you’ve been to and why?

Best - Glastonbury 1987, almost entirely down to "Car henge"

1987. We gave Glastonbury its first major arts performance. In the travellers site of the festival, we built Carhenge, a Stonehenge memorial made out of old cars. With its Mutoid installations, sculptures and dinosaurs, the field ressembled an apocalyptic Disneyland on acid.
The sound of the drums came from everywhere, people beating oil barrels, cars, sculptures... Anarchic, loud and pulsing, the Zombie beat became the improvised soundtrack of this travelling arts exhibition.

https://cargocollective.com/MutoidWasteCo/Glastonbury-the-80-s

Worst -  Leeds, whatever year I went, it's a dreadful event and the punters are a truly pathetic bunch (as a generalization), only went to there to work.

Who is going to win the World Cup?

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #12573 on: December 6, 2022, 03:38:47 pm »
Best - Glastonbury 1987, almost entirely down to "Car henge"

https://cargocollective.com/MutoidWasteCo/Glastonbury-the-80-s

Worst -  Leeds, whatever year I went, it's a dreadful event and the punters are a truly pathetic bunch (as a generalization), only went to there to work.

Who is going to win the World Cup?

Is I don't give a fuck an option?

What's your worst habit?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12574 on: December 6, 2022, 04:48:03 pm »
Is I don't give a fuck an option?

What's your worst habit?

Biting the skin round my fingernails. It's totally absent-minded.

What's your best habit?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12575 on: December 6, 2022, 05:38:56 pm »
Seeing the good in people.

If you were an average Championship player on £15k p/w but got an offer of £65k p/w to play for Chelsea, would you take it?

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #12576 on: December 7, 2022, 07:52:47 am »
Seeing the good in people.

If you were an average Championship player on £15k p/w but got an offer of £65k p/w to play for Chelsea, would you take it?
Yes then I'd bang in for a transfer

Why do cyclists think its perfectly acceptable to ride on the pavement ?
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12577 on: December 7, 2022, 09:49:59 am »
Yes then I'd bang in for a transfer

Why do cyclists think its perfectly acceptable to ride on the pavement ?

Same reason they think its perfectly acceptable to cycle on a pavement, then onto a road, then back onto the pavement, then across a pedestrian crossing, then back onto the road, then through a red light and then through a pedestrianised town centre.....

Do you think they should have registration numbers like cars?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12578 on: December 7, 2022, 11:09:03 am »
Same reason they think its perfectly acceptable to cycle on a pavement, then onto a road, then back onto the pavement, then across a pedestrian crossing, then back onto the road, then through a red light and then through a pedestrianised town centre.....

Do you think they should have registration numbers like cars?

Not generally, no, because it's just another layer of bureaucracy and hard work at a time when cycling should be being encouraged. Delivery riders, on the other hand, should be licensed and registered because they're a menace.

Recently, in a rental car in Italy, I would have had a fender bender had the car not had collision detection and applied the brakes for me. When was the last time you were inordinately grateful for a piece of modern technology saving you time, hassle, money and possible injury?

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12579 on: December 7, 2022, 03:42:47 pm »
Not generally, no, because it's just another layer of bureaucracy and hard work at a time when cycling should be being encouraged. Delivery riders, on the other hand, should be licensed and registered because they're a menace.

Recently, in a rental car in Italy, I would have had a fender bender had the car not had collision detection and applied the brakes for me. When was the last time you were inordinately grateful for a piece of modern technology saving you time, hassle, money and possible injury?

surely every plane ever made - well, perhaps not the ones that crashed

who put the bomp in the bomp, bomp, bomp?
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #12580 on: December 7, 2022, 04:49:50 pm »
surely every plane ever made - well, perhaps not the ones that crashed

who put the bomp in the bomp, bomp, bomp?
Barry Mann, the massive whopper or should I say bopper?

Which person was killed first by Maxwell's Silver Hammer?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12581 on: December 7, 2022, 04:59:28 pm »
Barry Mann, the massive whopper or should I say bopper?

Which person was killed first by Maxwell's Silver Hammer?

(Quizzical) Joan.

Who’s your favourite historical figure you learnt about at school?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #12582 on: December 7, 2022, 05:57:37 pm »
(Quizzical) Joan.

Who’s your favourite historical figure you learnt about at school?

Hannibal.

Why did he not beseige Rome after Cannae?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12583 on: December 8, 2022, 08:01:35 pm »
Hannibal.

Why did he not beseige Rome after Cannae?

Because Clarice arrested him.

Ancient Rome, Ancient Greece or Ancient Egypt - where would you prefer to have lived?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12584 on: December 8, 2022, 08:40:39 pm »
Rome probably as a Senator or a Nobilis, probably more advanced and more comfort than the others. All would be at risk of invasion, war and political unrest.

You can freeze the World’s time in one year and the technology, style, way of life and prevalent ideas of the time become the norm for the rest of your life, when are you freezing it? (For example live your whole life with modern day being like 1920 etc).

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12585 on: December 9, 2022, 01:23:47 pm »
1988 as it's the year I was born which means I wasn't having to slave away for a living.

If you could take any historical building as your home and move into it immediately, which would it be?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12586 on: December 9, 2022, 01:41:04 pm »
1988 as it's the year I was born which means I wasn't having to slave away for a living.

If you could take any historical building as your home and move into it immediately, which would it be?

Buckingham palace, its worth £4.9b.  Id turf out the parasites then sell it to Shelter or some charity for a fraction of the price, £50m  will do, then Id buy a fuck off villa in Southern Thailand and a little house on Walton Breck road for match days.

If Im staying within the spirit of the question, The Raffles Hotel Singapore

What you doing on 25th?

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #12587 on: December 9, 2022, 01:45:46 pm »
Buckingham palace, its worth £4.9b.  Id turf out the parasites then sell it to Shelter or some charity for a fraction of the price, £50m  will do, then Id buy a fuck off villa in Southern Thailand and a little house on Walton Breck road for match days.

If Im staying within the spirit of the question, The Raffles Hotel Singapore

What you doing on 25th?

Close family all coming to ours for dinner. 20 so far.

What you doing for New Years Eve?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12588 on: December 9, 2022, 07:20:37 pm »
It's just too freezing so won't be doing anything. This weather puts me in a chokehold where I feel like laying in bed all day.

How you coping with the energy prices, are you turning the heating on?

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #12589 on: December 9, 2022, 07:54:57 pm »
It's just too freezing so won't be doing anything. This weather puts me in a chokehold where I feel like laying in bed all day.

How you coping with the energy prices, are you turning the heating on?

I hate to say this but the energy crisis only affects Europe at the moment. In the states on heating etc. it is life as normal. Basic food stuffs are going up though. Staples like a bag of pasta have gone up something like 100%.

Where do you normally watch big WC games. Your house, friends house or down the boozer.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #12590 on: December 11, 2022, 06:15:38 am »
I hate to say this but the energy crisis only affects Europe at the moment. In the states on heating etc. it is life as normal. Basic food stuffs are going up though. Staples like a bag of pasta have gone up something like 100%.

Where do you normally watch big WC games. Your house, friends house or down the boozer.
I generally watch WC matches at home unless there is a big Australia (like the Argentina game), then I might watch it at the casino.

I want to one day learn another language, how about do you know two languages? And is so, why that language?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #12591 on: December 13, 2022, 04:49:40 pm »
I generally watch WC matches at home unless there is a big Australia (like the Argentina game), then I might watch it at the casino.

I want to one day learn another language, how about do you know two languages? And is so, why that language?
Fairly fluent still in French, because I did well with it at school and learned quite a bit of Spanish because I worked out in Ibiza and a few other Spanish places.
Also worked in Portugal quite a bit, but could never get to grips with that lingo.

McDonald's or Burger King?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12592 on: December 13, 2022, 05:10:19 pm »
Fairly fluent still in French, because I did well with it at school and learned quite a bit of Spanish because I worked out in Ibiza and a few other Spanish places.
Also worked in Portugal quite a bit, but could never get to grips with that lingo.

McDonald's or Burger King?

Burger King by a mile - I'll not eat rather than go to McNasty's.

Do you prefer to cook of a weekend or get a takeaway/go out for food?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12593 on: December 13, 2022, 05:34:39 pm »
Burger King by a mile - I'll not eat rather than go to McNasty's.

Do you prefer to cook of a weekend or get a takeaway/go out for food?

always cook - you ain't tasted my chilli you ain't lived

as well as the usual - i also put dark chocolate, sweet potatoes and bacon in it

if you had to get rid of either christmas or new year what would you choose?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12594 on: December 13, 2022, 05:42:35 pm »
if you had to get rid of either christmas or new year what would you choose?

New Year. It can just be really hard work can't it? The "bit between Christmas and New Year" as I believe it's officially called is a no man's land where you either eat and drink too much because you're off or have to slog into work through cold weather and lots of the first kind of people. There's also usually a Liverpool game on NYE or NYD so you're thinking about getting to and from that, hangover effects etc. Then there's the parties, where there are always people clockwatching and it's impossible to get public transport or a cheap taxi.

It's coincidence that Christmas and New Year are merged in the Christian calendar* and it would have been easier had Our Lord and Saviour been born in about October so we could have a bank holiday between August and NYD.

*Probably, I can't be bothered looking that up, but it feels right.

What's your favourite combination of two colours?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12595 on: December 13, 2022, 06:55:13 pm »
Red and blue. They're complete opposites but I love it as it reminds me of Liverpool v Everton/Chelsea.

Which stadium should host the 2026 World Cup Final?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12596 on: December 13, 2022, 07:09:18 pm »
Red and blue. They're complete opposites but I love it as it reminds me of Liverpool v Everton/Chelsea.

Which stadium should host the 2026 World Cup Final?

The Azteca.

Who’s the greatest footballer to share your first name?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12597 on: December 13, 2022, 07:16:44 pm »
The Azteca.

Who’s the greatest footballer to share your first name?

Who’s the greatest actor to share yours?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12598 on: December 13, 2022, 07:37:25 pm »
My name is quite rare, don't think there are any actors with my name.

What's your ethnic background?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #12599 on: December 13, 2022, 09:09:22 pm »
My name is quite rare, don't think there are any actors with my name.

What's your ethnic background?
Born white in England but have 100% Irish blood.

Would you rather spend the festive period around your family or go out on the lash?