Author Topic: Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, The North, The South  (Read 7629 times)

Offline caspertheghost

• Legacy Fan
  • When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you
Re: Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, The North, The South
« Reply #40 on: June 1, 2011, 05:12:29 pm »
Well considering that they are actually thinking of cancelling the A5WTC which could potentially open the west of the province to more investment... then yeah, it still goes on.

A majority of the investment in the Northern Ireland still goes to the east of the Bann (Not Including Belfast). Recent times have seen a cross Atlantic 'Internet Cable' relocated to Coleraine that was originally meant for Derry, and also a whole fucking farce over the placement of a Radiotherapy Unit in Derry too.

dunno if you've been all the way down the Ards peninsula - if you have just notice how good the road surface is to Portavogie but south of it it's unbelievably shit?
What kind of work gets you the nickname Casper the ghost?

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: June 1, 2011, 06:06:04 pm »
dunno if you've been all the way down the Ards peninsula - if you have just notice how good the road surface is to Portavogie but south of it it's unbelievably shit?

All the way from Newtownards to Ballyhalbert/Millisle/Donaghadee/Ballywalter is like driving across the Somme. The roads round there are fucking disgraceful.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #42 on: June 1, 2011, 06:30:45 pm »
but how exactly are rich bankers in London doing anything to help out NI or Scotland at the moment?  I'm guessing you're going to say something about taxes, but I also thought that you lot do nothing all day but complain about how they DONT pay taxes.  Also, 'living' off of largess is no way to go through life or develop your economy, and its unsustainable.  And independent state would be able to give itself a huge advantage in terms of taxes, regulations, and monetary policy.  The economy would shape up in no time.  Just copy only the good bits from the successful secessions in Eastern Europe in the late 80s and 90s.

The Institutions may weasel out of Corporation Tax liabilities, but they employ large number of people who can't evade taxation. All the stuff they but with their monstrous wages is also taxed.  The tax take from financial services is enormous and dwarfs the corporation tax take taken in isolation.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: February 5, 2012, 12:23:41 pm »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/feb/04/north-south-divide-job-loses

Back onto a north-south divide, it's widening again in terms of joblessness apparently.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Sinead7

• Many hands make brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
« Reply #44 on: February 7, 2012, 10:15:45 pm »
I just don't see the point.  If history has taught us anything, it's better to be united despite our differences, than completely go it alone.

Yea better for the Imperialistic Countries!
Trapps Army 2012

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2020, 09:48:46 pm »

Scotland has become the first country in the world to make period products free for all.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-51629880

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2020, 09:57:54 pm »
Scotland has become the first country in the world to make period products free for all.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-51629880

For all? What do men do with them ???

....meanwhile, in Wales it needed a government intervention to even deem them 'essential'
(Just to get this on topic, hah...strange bump...)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly