Author Topic: Carlo Ancelotti  (Read 41663 times)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Re: Carlo Fantastico
« Reply #680 on: May 5, 2022, 12:37:58 am »
Lots of respect for him even after (god knows why) deciding to go manage Everton.

It seems our paths keep destined to intertwine but always on parallel verges.

Yes, it's been a good year for Carlo (as well as Marco Silva, Ronald Koeman, possibly Roberto Martinez and not forgetting Rafa's Bank manager)

He will go down as a football legend now, but moreso for doing well with so many different clubs, AC Milan were quite a special team though when we played them.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2022, 12:39:34 am by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #681 on: May 5, 2022, 03:05:21 am »
His travels around different clubs is why I have such a mark of respect for the fellow I lack for Guardiola

Plus Ancelotti's spell at Everton just seems more and more damning for Everton. Felt like reality was on ket for a bit back then

He's alright this Carlo. A management figure younger ones should aspire to emulate. You'd be a legend if you merely came close to what he's done so far

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #682 on: May 5, 2022, 03:12:19 am »
Always liked him. Hated when he went to Everton - couldn't be arsed with taking the piss out of him. Forget about his Chelsea spell.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #683 on: May 5, 2022, 04:42:55 am »
always liked the guy, class act

i dont have to like the clubs he managed to like the man and respect him
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: May 5, 2022, 09:01:33 am »
We have to stop him surpassing Sir Bob.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: May 5, 2022, 09:14:04 am »
He said he is an evertonian and playing us is a derby for him so on that note, hope we absolutely batter them!

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: May 5, 2022, 09:23:05 am »
He said he is an evertonian and playing us is a derby for him so on that note, hope we absolutely batter them!

You can just know for certain if we lost to them then Everton would basically take all the credit and have an open top bus tour around the city.

Offline RedInside

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: May 5, 2022, 10:13:03 am »
Carlo managed to hoover this shite everton team around the 10th place, should tell you everything

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #688 on: May 5, 2022, 10:16:42 am »
I bet deep down he really misses the deep conversations he had with Duncan Ferguson. I wouldn't be surprised if Carlo calls him up for advice on how to beat the Redshite.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: May 5, 2022, 02:30:45 pm »
I bet deep down he really misses the deep conversations he had with Duncan Ferguson. I wouldn't be surprised if Carlo calls him up for advice on how to beat the Redshite.
That's why he asked Big Dunc to join his coaching staff at Real Madrid...apparantly  :P :mooncat

It's amazing to think a manager of his quality was at little old Everton just last season

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: May 6, 2022, 06:58:54 pm »
Credit to him, he knocked all three corrupted clubs out of UCL.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #691 on: May 6, 2022, 07:03:04 pm »
Lots of respect for him even after (god knows why) deciding to go manage Everton.

It seems our paths keep destined to intertwine but always on parallel verges.
Yeah.. wasn't he the first (and maybe only) manager to have equalled Sir Bob's record of 3 EC titles?
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #692 on: May 7, 2022, 12:13:22 am »
That's why he asked Big Dunc to join his coaching staff at Real Madrid...apparantly  :P :mooncat

It's amazing to think a manager of his quality was at little old Everton just last season
His Everton stint is just really weird given his managerial history.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #693 on: May 7, 2022, 12:17:06 am »

Think too many people are forgetting he totally bombed at Bayern and then Napoli back to back. His managerial star was definitely on the wane when he went to Everton and if not for Madrid basically having no other options whose to say what would have happened?

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #694 on: May 7, 2022, 12:21:06 am »
Think too many people are forgetting he totally bombed at Bayern and then Napoli back to back. His managerial star was definitely on the wane when he went to Everton and if not for Madrid basically having no other options whose to say what would have happened?
He replaced the fraud at Bayern right?

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #695 on: May 7, 2022, 12:28:23 am »
He replaced the fraud at Bayern right?

Yes. It didn't go well for him.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #696 on: May 7, 2022, 01:47:11 am »
He wanted a well paid break from football.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #697 on: May 7, 2022, 04:33:10 am »
He wanted a well paid break from football.
So the Ev job is just a glorified paid vacation then

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #698 on: May 7, 2022, 09:49:32 am »
I was thinking before that Carlo has been part of our history since 2005 showing great resilience in the face of adversity.

How he found the time to manage Everton whilst seeking the best investment options for the millions he was screwing from them shows the measure of the man.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: May 7, 2022, 10:04:27 am »
Yeah.. wasn't he the first (and maybe only) manager to have equalled Sir Bob's record of 3 EC titles?

Ancelotti was the first to equal it. Zidane has also equalled it while being the first to win 3 in a row.

Hopefully Klopp will only be 1 behind, with another few opportunities to join them on 3.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #700 on: May 7, 2022, 11:51:48 am »
Ancelotti was the first to equal it. Zidane has also equalled it while being the first to win 3 in a row.

Hopefully Klopp will only be 1 behind, with another few opportunities to join them on 3.
Thanks mate. Equalled, never bettered!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: May 7, 2022, 11:56:39 am »
Only one coach should be surpassing Sir Bob, and that man is Jurgen Klopp.

Popcorn's Art

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #702 on: May 7, 2022, 11:57:13 am »
I was thinking before that Carlo has been part of our history since 2005 showing great resilience in the face of adversity.

How he found the time to manage Everton whilst seeking the best investment options for the millions he was screwing from them shows the measure of the man.

Goes back even further, he was at Roma in 1984 but wasn't in the squad for the final.

For some reason I thought he'd been at Juventus the next year when they beat us, but he never played for them, also didn't know he'd won the European Cup as a player twice with AC Milan in 89 and 90. That's some record in this competition but he's had experience of losing finals before, let's hope he does so again in three weeks.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: May 7, 2022, 01:25:53 pm »
went way down in my estimation after the derby last season. The way he sent his team out to play was an absolute disgrace. they didnt just decide themselves to approach the game that way. We definitely owe him one.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: May 7, 2022, 01:28:32 pm »
went way down in my estimation after the derby last season. The way he sent his team out to play was an absolute disgrace. they didnt just decide themselves to approach the game that way. We definitely owe him one.

Ancelotti's "Napoli" style approach to the game, coupled with Everton's naturally violent tendencies towards us, made for a very distasteful encounter. Talk about a perfect storm.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #705 on: May 7, 2022, 01:55:17 pm »
So the Ev job is just a glorified paid vacation then
Yes.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.