Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3459863 times)

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #29000 on: May 19, 2019, 01:37:56 am »
Man City fans have gone into full tin hat mode tonight it seems. Every time I read an article about them there’s a legion of bitter apologists in the comments.

The whole club is riddled with a defensive paranoia - from the owners, through the execs, manager and even the players. I don’t understand why they can’t enjoy their victories without projecting their own insecurities and bitterness. It’s maybe dawned on them no matter how many hollow victories they buy they will never be like us or United and they can’t handle it. The penny is also dropping that they might finally be held accountable for the financial irregularities and that must be a shock to the rulers of a rich, slave owning, police state.

They should be angry at Eurovision for being a much bigger story than them tonight.
[/b]
How did Manchester's song about Liverpool do?
Heard it was going to be a duet, but then Everton turned up to do some backing.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
« Reply #29001 on: May 19, 2019, 01:50:37 am »
How are they going to cope if we win number 6? The biggest trophy in world club football (that they so desperately want) won by us AFTER they cheated their way to a few domestic trinkets - now a distant memory.

We dominate the summer headlines and summer feelgooderyness, make their paltry parade seem like a quiet afternoon picnic. They will surely explode with vitriol.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #29002 on: May 19, 2019, 01:53:25 am »
How are they going to cope if we win number 6? The biggest trophy in world club football (that they so desperately want) won by us AFTER they cheated their way to a few domestic trinkets - now a distant memory.

We dominate the summer headlines and summer feelgooderyness, make their paltry parade seem like a quiet afternoon picnic. They will surely explode with vitriol.

They're fucked either way if Spurs win it.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29003 on: May 19, 2019, 01:57:01 am »

They're not trinkets, they've won some great trophies this season, but because it's them no one gives a fuck. Honestly they could win the CL and people still wouldn't care, and pressure would mount to investigate them further.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #29004 on: May 19, 2019, 02:09:24 am »
I know it's fairly cuntish behaviour to accuse someone of taking bribes without proof, but given that it's Pep Guardiola, fair play to the journalist posing that question last evening. Absolutely loved seeing Guardiola splutter in anger.

It probably shows that I am a c*nt myself, mind. However, I wish more people would try and get into his head next year by insinuating before every match that he's on the take and dodging taxes.  ;D
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #29005 on: May 19, 2019, 02:09:56 am »
Huge shift in the media this last week. If they find a way out of these investigations without punishment, it'll quieten down. Let's hope the pressure keeps up.

Yep. I wonder why the shift in tone?

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29006 on: May 19, 2019, 02:14:38 am »
I know it's fairly cuntish behaviour to accuse someone of taking bribes without proof, but given that it's Pep Guardiola, fair play to the journalist posing that question last evening. Absolutely loved seeing Guardiola splutter in anger.

It probably shows that I am a c*nt myself, mind. However, I wish more people would try and get into his head next year by insinuating before every match that he's on the take and dodging taxes.  ;D

He's totally within his rights to accept multiple jobs from the city owners though isn't he?

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #29007 on: May 19, 2019, 02:23:04 am »
He's totally within his rights to accept multiple jobs from the city owners though isn't he?

Of course, he is. He can be paid millions tax-free in Abu Dhabi for being the face of a marketing campaign for Etihad or Etisalat which he isn't even obliged to turn up for. There's nothing wrong with it legally, but it's tax avoidance clearly.

I stated earlier in this thread that I don't care about Abu Dhabi willing to throw its money down the drain by investing in football projects around the world, however, I do care about Liverpool winning and anything that gets these scoundrels spluttering with anger and false indignation is a good thing. 
'Sold a couple once.'

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #29008 on: May 19, 2019, 02:25:29 am »
Did I receive money for another situation, right now, today? Honestly, do you think I deserve to have this type of question, the day we won the treble, did I receive money? Are you accusing me of receiving money?"

Notice he never actually said no.
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #29009 on: May 19, 2019, 02:25:31 am »

he wasn't asking about multiple jobs, he was asking about whether he's taking payments. He is Man City's manager, he gets paid 15 mill a season for that, and no doubt bonuses on top. I think he wants to know if he's also taking other payments from other clubs and firms linked to the City owners . Like Mancini did.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #29010 on: May 19, 2019, 02:34:13 am »
I get the impression that Guardiola was too thick to understand City's status in the hierarchy of English football when he accepted the job. People outside England are normally insulated from perceptions in England and he probably thought City won't have a problem being venerated as the biggest team in England as soon as the trophies started to pile up. I doubt his legacy would take a massive battering as a consequence of him having managed City, but it'll still be tainted a bit. City are too synthetic for this success to matter.
'Sold a couple once.'

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #29011 on: May 19, 2019, 02:45:28 am »
it is strange how theyve done what theyve done on the pitch yet it doesnt feel like theyve accomplished anything of note. Quite mental in all honesty, cos teams before them whove gone onto do anything similar were lauded for their achievements. If anything its like no one,including the media are arsed really

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #29012 on: May 19, 2019, 03:08:22 am »
So that's their fans, players, manager obsessed with us then.

You just know he's gonna spend the next 2.5 months thinking about how to beat us
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #29013 on: May 19, 2019, 03:34:16 am »
The fan getting in the press box is hilarious, someone pointed out although Im not on twitter so I can't verify but apparently Salah has 8.8m followers and Man City have 6.5 so I can see why he's upset lol

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #29014 on: May 19, 2019, 04:38:30 am »
Yep. I wonder why the shift in tone?

I think the rumours are flying around in media circles that UEFA are actually coming at them.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29015 on: May 19, 2019, 04:45:51 am »
I think the rumours are flying around in media circles that UEFA are actually coming at them.

Them winning the league by grinding out boring wins over teams that barely tried, coupled with our push and our win over Barca, and then this shitshow of a final made all the journalists realize this sport is fucked.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #29016 on: May 19, 2019, 04:51:07 am »
That Girona deal ADUG bought with Pep and his brother owning a % as well screams of dodgy AF.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a big chunk of Pep's wages of £18 million a year syphoned thorough that club in the same way Mancini's wages were with that Abu Dhabi club Sheikh Mansour owns.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #29017 on: May 19, 2019, 04:54:16 am »
The Guardians comment thread under their match report isn't even visible anymore :lmao

Guardian doing their best to pretend everything is fine
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #29018 on: May 19, 2019, 05:06:15 am »
BBC as well
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29019 on: May 19, 2019, 05:42:21 am »
The Guardians comment thread under their match report isn't even visible anymore :lmao

Guardian doing their best to pretend everything is fine

Until recently, the Guardian had been putting their fingers in their ears, and writing about City as though they're a real club who've achieved real things.

Howver, I'm now starting to notice a subtle change in the tone - just about every piece written about them now seems to contain some line about the origin of their wealth. And David Conn (whom I was surprised to hear admit is a City fan) came out slamming the club for their response to the players' song video.

Might be wishful thinking, but I believe the mainstream media, who up to now have given them false legitimacy, are starting to turn somewhat. Think a huge number are getting sick of their clearly-bought, clearly-against-the-rules, boring dominance
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 05:45:05 am by decosabute »

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #29020 on: May 19, 2019, 07:12:00 am »
The FA should come for them as well. 

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29022 on: May 19, 2019, 07:33:02 am »
Kompany says City is the best team in the world.

I've heard there's some final coming on the 1st Vincent,you can watch it on your TV  :wave

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48323130
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 07:37:50 am by Tobelius »

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #29023 on: May 19, 2019, 07:40:19 am »
haha its quality
Capons, when my Mrs. cooks a beef bourguignon, that`s quality.

Citeeeh and anything related is not, ya dig?

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #29024 on: May 19, 2019, 08:25:06 am »
“Do you realise what you are asking me?" said former Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss Guardiola.

In quotes reported by Goal , he added: "You are asking me that the day we won the treble? Are you accusing me?”

Yeah, it’s quite clear lad. No language barrier, no money to spend or hide behind this time. Plain and simple.

Good luck to him if he ever has to take a job without a ready available squad or unlimited money (Barca, Munich, and City).

He’ll nevee go down as a great because he’s been handed it all on a plate.
I'm sorry, but this is just wrong.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #29025 on: May 19, 2019, 08:38:48 am »
I'm sorry, but this is just wrong.

Is it though?

Of course there is still a ton of work to be done even when you have unlimited resources but can you really see Pep winning what he has at a club like West Ham for instance?
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29026 on: May 19, 2019, 08:56:56 am »
Is it though?

Of course there is still a ton of work to be done even when you have unlimited resources but can you really see Pep winning what he has at a club like West Ham for instance?

No. Nor would Lewis Hamilton have 5 Championships if he drove for Alfa Romeo, but he doesn’t, he’s earnt the right to drive for Mercedes.

Guardiola will rightly go down as one of the greatest managers in the game, the fact that he has earnt the right to hand pick the best jobs shouldn’t deter from that. What I would say is that it may be that managers who have won less, but with less elaborate resources may be held in equal or greater acclaim.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #29027 on: May 19, 2019, 09:05:43 am »
No. Nor would Lewis Hamilton have 5 Championships if he drove for Alfa Romeo, but he doesn’t, he’s earnt the right to drive for Mercedes.

Guardiola will rightly go down as one of the greatest managers in the game, the fact that he has earnt the right to hand pick the best jobs shouldn’t deter from that. What I would say is that it may be that managers who have won less, but with less elaborate resources may be held in equal or greater acclaim.

Of course but would Lewis Hamilton's 5 championship's be well earned or tainted had he driven a Mercedes that was fitted with illegal parts to gain an advantage?
Lance Armstrong or Chris Boardman?
Who is respected for their achievements?
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #29028 on: May 19, 2019, 09:10:41 am »
The cup draws were something ridiculous as well, EFL Cup although they played Leicester & the final against Chelsea, City's other draws were Oxford United, Fulham & Burton, could have had Chelsea or Spurs in the semi but drew out Burton instead :butt, FA Cup, Rotherham, Burnley, Newport, Swansea, Brighton, & Watford. :butt
#Sausages

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29029 on: May 19, 2019, 09:10:55 am »
Mr Sports Personality of the year. Happily taking his money every week from these men.

http://www.josimar.no/artikler/the-men-behind-manchester-city-the-dark-side/5040/
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #29030 on: May 19, 2019, 09:12:37 am »
Kompany gone

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
#Sausages

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29032 on: May 19, 2019, 09:13:57 am »

Yeah I'm buzzing off it. He's so affronted, it's hilarious. :lmao
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline d_sookoo21

• Main Stander
« Reply #29033 on: May 19, 2019, 09:14:06 am »
wow one shithead down

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29034 on: May 19, 2019, 09:14:46 am »

What a terrible analogy :D

It's like Mercedes using some illegal technology and Toto Wolf crying about Ferrari everyday saying how easy Ferrari had it.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29035 on: May 19, 2019, 09:18:37 am »
In a bit you fucking planet head.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29036 on: May 19, 2019, 09:20:58 am »
Of course but would Lewis Hamilton's 5 championship's be well earned or tainted had he driven a Mercedes that was fitted with illegal parts to gain an advantage?
Lance Armstrong or Chris Boardman?
Who is respected for their achievements?

Guardiola hasn’t only achieved success with City though. If he’d stayed at City his entire career then I’d agree but what he did with Barcelona was incredible - granted the counter argument is that he had a great squad at his disposal but you still have to actually get that level out of them. He’s a fantastic manager l, there’s zero evidence to the contrary.

Lance Armstrong took performance enhancing drugs in a sport where endurance is key. As much as this phrase ‘financial doping’ (which I hate) has become fashionable, the reality is that it is in no way remotely comparable to someone taking performance enhancing drugs. Don’t get me wrong, I’m hopeful that if they have broken FFP rules that it will come out soon enough, and rightly any achievements that were realised whilst rules were being broken will be hugely tainted. But at the end of the day Guardiola has shown an unreal level of consistency with every club he’s managed and has got the best out of his players. I don’t like the guy especially and I even less like the club and regime that employs him, but to suggest he’s only successful because of his resources comes across as extremely bitter.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #29037 on: May 19, 2019, 09:21:00 am »
The Mo Salah rant is really bizarre.

But it makes me think... they’ve got a team of truely wonderful players...

But really no stars. (Maybe Aguero to be fair) )

But Mo is a global superstar

In many ways this is a credit to their team, but it does seem  to be bugging them.

And why is Mo a superstar and DeBruyne (for example, who I may add is a sensational footballers and nice chap) isn’t?

Well, only one of them plays for Liverpool.

They know it, and it kills them.  Because ultimately whenever they win everyone just shrugs their shoulders and says ‘well it’s city, of course they did’, and they move and forget what happened.

Not much of a PR excercise is it?

What Mo Salah Rant ( just seen it )

Why didn’t Pep just say simply No
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 09:34:35 am by rocco »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #29038 on: May 19, 2019, 09:21:50 am »
Kompany leaving to start a new career as a Russian spy in the Baltic.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29039 on: May 19, 2019, 09:23:12 am »
In a bit you fucking planet head.

Can see these going all out for De Ligt now.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”