Author Topic: 19-18: now it's your turn.  (Read 24397 times)

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
Re: 19-18: now it's your turn.
« Reply #160 on: May 9, 2011, 01:07:21 am »
"This time next year, Rodney, we'll be league champions"

After twenty years of hoping other teams can beat United and do us a favour, to stop them from winning the league, initially more to avoid the annoyance factor of having to listen to them crow about it than any real fear of them catching up to us 'cause that seemed light years away. Twenty years later we're still stuck in the same place.

'18 times' was a cheap shot to fire back at them, it pissed them right off and made us feel good about ourselves for a short while, whilst we re-grouped, always just that 'final piece of the jigsaw' away from putting an end to this short-lived Manc winning streak and reclaiming our place at the top. But what does it matter if we have won it 18 times when the last one was nearly quarter-of-a-century ago? It's been an irrelevance for years and it was just covering up our own inability to compete with them at the very top (them and Arsenal, Chelsea etc).

Having dropped the baton back in the early nineties it won't be a cakewalk getting the next title, but it's the one thing the club needs to focused on, every decision needs to be made with a view towards winning the title again. Investing in young, hungry players who join us to help achieve that goal, not fucking mercenaries who fancy an easy pay-day or fucking bargain bin stop-gap's who fill a vacancy in the squad number list, ego's who unsettle the squad with their bitching and sulking and players who are just fucking useless at the game of football. Stop relying on 'destiny' and 'we're Liverpool, therefore we're bound to win' and making excuses, stop looking on at United racking up another title and consoling ourselves with thinking that it can't last forever and once Fergie/Giggs/Scholes/Bobby Charlton fucks off we'll magically take their place at the top of the table.

The signs look good for the future, some non-scumbag owners and a club Legend and capable manager at the helm but we need to regain that determination to win and let nothing distract us from the prize. And it won't just be a case of 'appoint Dalglish, re-record the Anfield Rap and start the 80's title winning revival'. We've coasted on past glories for too long and now it's time to get our heads out of the history books and focus on the future and making sure we can mount a serious tilt at the title sooner rather than later.

Offline SuperSub77

• Kopite
  • Scals aren't what they used to be
    • terrace ultra
« Reply #161 on: May 9, 2011, 01:15:21 am »
Have they Won 19 yet?

Yes, they have. Didn't you see the banners today? Also been confirmed in the media.
"I was a teenage armchair Honved fan"

Offline SuperSub77

• Kopite
  • Scals aren't what they used to be
    • terrace ultra
« Reply #162 on: May 9, 2011, 01:18:04 am »
Simple question : Why the fuck do RAWKites bother looking at Man United forums? Yer as bad as they are...
"I was a teenage armchair Honved fan"

Offline KeithK83

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #163 on: May 9, 2011, 01:21:54 am »
Liverpool, to me, is a club which never has and never will define its entire ethos around the achievements of any other club.
Walk on... Walk on... With Hope... In Your Heart

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: May 9, 2011, 01:28:21 am »
Liverpool, to me, is a club which never has and never will define its entire ethos around the achievements of any other club.
This.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #165 on: May 9, 2011, 01:30:59 am »
A great OP, I've been feeling the same, it's been painful wishing every team on to stop them, season after season. This moment had to come. We'll see whether this summer is of any significance, or just another year of the norm.

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: May 9, 2011, 02:23:57 am »
We can't think like this.  We just have to worry about ourselves.  How long did it take United to get their first title again after being in the wilderness like we are? Six years for Alex Ferguson and there were no oil barons to compete with back then.  Football has changed.  Everybody knows it and maybe, our days of dominating, won't ever return.  I hope I'm wrong but I don't put much faith in these Financial Fair Play rules making a level playing field.  I hope that our support re-aligns its expectations to a realistic level.  Yeah, we should be able to compete for the title but we have a long way to go before we are there.

Offline Jokerman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 9, 2011, 02:40:55 am »
"This time next year, Rodney, we'll be league champions"

After twenty years of hoping other teams can beat United and do us a favour, to stop them from winning the league, initially more to avoid the annoyance factor of having to listen to them crow about it than any real fear of them catching up to us 'cause that seemed light years away. Twenty years later we're still stuck in the same place.

'18 times' was a cheap shot to fire back at them, it pissed them right off and made us feel good about ourselves for a short while, whilst we re-grouped, always just that 'final piece of the jigsaw' away from putting an end to this short-lived Manc winning streak and reclaiming our place at the top. But what does it matter if we have won it 18 times when the last one was nearly quarter-of-a-century ago? It's been an irrelevance for years and it was just covering up our own inability to compete with them at the very top (them and Arsenal, Chelsea etc).

Having dropped the baton back in the early nineties it won't be a cakewalk getting the next title, but it's the one thing the club needs to focused on, every decision needs to be made with a view towards winning the title again. Investing in young, hungry players who join us to help achieve that goal, not fucking mercenaries who fancy an easy pay-day or fucking bargain bin stop-gap's who fill a vacancy in the squad number list, ego's who unsettle the squad with their bitching and sulking and players who are just fucking useless at the game of football. Stop relying on 'destiny' and 'we're Liverpool, therefore we're bound to win' and making excuses, stop looking on at United racking up another title and consoling ourselves with thinking that it can't last forever and once Mr Alex Ferguson/Giggs/Scholes/Bobby Charlton fucks off we'll magically take their place at the top of the table.

The signs look good for the future, some non-scumbag owners and a club Legend and capable manager at the helm but we need to regain that determination to win and let nothing distract us from the prize. And it won't just be a case of 'appoint Dalglish, re-record the Anfield Rap and start the 80's title winning revival'. We've coasted on past glories for too long and now it's time to get our heads out of the history books and focus on the future and making sure we can mount a serious tilt at the title sooner rather than later.

I think that's spot on right there. It's been a comfort blanket to us, a consolation of not being serious contenders for the major honours any more.
How come Aquilani wasn't in the squad today?

Solving the drought in East Africa with his fancy flicks.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #168 on: May 9, 2011, 03:24:19 am »
What i'm hoping is that we can finally get rid of this millstone around our neck. The engraving on the millstone reads "Englands most successful team". We have been that, but it's the past. It's great to look back on and see how fucking immense we were, but we have to face the harsh reality that we've been one of the worst run teams of the premiership era. We never evolved, we never moved with the times and it very nearly killed us when we did decide to leap without looking properly.

The only thing that hurts is that all I can say about that lot is that for the last 18 years they have been better than us. Occasionally not on the day, but overall, they've been strides ahead of us and only what, twice, have we ever looked like challenging them for a title win.

It's time to take the millstone off and stop having the weight of history on our backs. Next season marks the start of a real new era for us. As a club, as a business and as a family, we can't let it be another false dawn. And I don't think it will be.

Modern football has bred the idea that finishing anywhere from 1st to 4th is acceptable because of the twatting champions league. We need to get rid of that thinking. 2nd is nowhere, first is everything. in the league, in every cup we play in, in every game.

Only first will do, everything else is just ashes in our mouths.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Fadil18

• Anny Roader
« Reply #169 on: May 9, 2011, 05:31:01 am »
if this ain't a motivation for the lads...i don't know what will motivate them. They shut us up, it's time to shut them up.

Offline Reds4Life

• Foot In Mouth Disease and Negative Hate Campaign Victim.
  • Kopite
  • LFC - A bastion of invincibility
« Reply #170 on: May 9, 2011, 05:54:27 am »
I have been mentally tormented with the Mancs winning no 19 before us but then consoled myself with the fact that for nearly 120 years..... 120 years.... they have never been in front of us in terms of league titles...

Every year we didn't win and they did created a little more anxiety, a little more angst. This has been a burden that we have carried for the best part of 20 years.

It's about time we adopted a fresh mindset, a new challenge, a greater sense of purpose.

We have been the hunted in English football since we overtook Arsenal as the most decorated English champions in the 1975-6 season... 35 years at the top of the English Football pecking order...

For a revolution to occur the cycle must return to its point of origin. I think we can all agree that we have seen the revolution occur within our club over the last 18 months and we are starting to see us return to our traditions, our values, our ethics and beliefs.

I say let them bask in the glory of finally overtaking us. It has been a long time coming.

To be fair, they have been incredibly astute in their business dealings, Ferguson (for all his faults) copied our model, they got an amazing batch of youth all come through together, they managed to get Cantona and Keane in there to add some bite and experience and they thrived.

They built a new stadium, their marketing team went into overdrive and they have capitalised in market penetration in areas (like Asia) where we should have 20-30 years ago but didn't.

Lesson - Learn from others success and create your own.

Embrace the future. We have got the foundations being laid at the moment to once again take the ball and run with it. This time we won't give it back.

YNWA

To all the people lucky enough to be in the ground to watch the redmen play. This is your chance. This is your moment. This is your opportunity to lose your voice, the chance to display your unswerving loyalty in search of the holy grail. We shall overcome. We shall unite. We shall believe. We shall share in the spoils of victory!

YNWA, JFT 96

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #171 on: May 9, 2011, 06:00:59 am »
We have to give credit where it's due.

Though it really grates to say this - United deserve to be champions this season and deserve to overtake us. They have earned it by taking advantage of the commercial opportunities and changing instead of the way our club was misrun under Parry etc and they earned it by building a team that won the titles on merit.

Next season however, I look forward to going level 19-19 with them!  ;D

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
  • Rafa's Red And White Kop
« Reply #172 on: May 9, 2011, 06:04:03 am »
I fucking hope its not 4-5 at the end of this season..
Waiting for Gerrard is like waiting for Goku.
Only a few moments remaining until Goku arrives.
Next week:

Goku is almost there, can he stop the ginyu force?
Next week:

Goku is about to arrive, is he up to the challenge?

;)

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #173 on: May 9, 2011, 06:44:08 am »
Written in the SKY since 1991!

Our time will come - just when that time best suits the media purse strings.....

....not helped that we haven't been good enough for 20 years either! :-\

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #174 on: May 9, 2011, 06:49:32 am »
What i'm hoping is that we can finally get rid of this millstone around our neck. The engraving on the millstone reads "Englands most successful team". We have been that, but it's the past. It's great to look back on and see how fucking immense we were, but we have to face the harsh reality that we've been one of the worst run teams of the premiership era. We never evolved, we never moved with the times and it very nearly killed us when we did decide to leap without looking properly.

The only thing that hurts is that all I can say about that lot is that for the last 18 years they have been better than us. Occasionally not on the day, but overall, they've been strides ahead of us and only what, twice, have we ever looked like challenging them for a title win.

It's time to take the millstone off and stop having the weight of history on our backs. Next season marks the start of a real new era for us. As a club, as a business and as a family, we can't let it be another false dawn. And I don't think it will be.

Modern football has bred the idea that finishing anywhere from 1st to 4th is acceptable because of the twatting champions league. We need to get rid of that thinking. 2nd is nowhere, first is everything. in the league, in every cup we play in, in every game.

Only first will do, everything else is just ashes in our mouths.
An excellent post.

Their 19 hasnt just happened, it has evloved over two decades.For the first time in that period we have a manager and ownership combined, who can deliver.Let's hope they do.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline DUGlish

• blah blah and so on...
  • Kopite
« Reply #175 on: May 9, 2011, 06:59:19 am »
Fuck them.
Worry about ourselves.

Kenny'll sort it next season.
There are places I remember.....

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #176 on: May 9, 2011, 07:04:01 am »

close thread!
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline Stanfo

• Sleeping with the Enemy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: May 9, 2011, 07:09:20 am »
I've been lucky enough to have seen us win 11 league titles, 9 in the flesh, along with 5 european cups, 3 uefa cups, 1 in the flesh, 5 fa cups and 7 league cups and I have to admit every time I see those c*nts or indeed anyone else win any trophy I am as jealous as fuck and I'd be lying if I tried to put on a brave face and say anything different.

This next year is the most important one for decades as we will see exactly what our new owners are willing to do about the teams management, squad and stadium, if they get it right then we should be up there challenging and winning trophies for years to come and hopefully my kids will know the most amazing feeling in the world, singing Champions on sunny days in May.

Offline BobbyDavro

• can't skate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: May 9, 2011, 07:17:32 am »
Great post father ted....great great post.

Offline beliverpool

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never Walk Alone !
    • Bobland
« Reply #179 on: May 9, 2011, 07:18:58 am »
I am pretty sure this is not how they felt when we were on 18 and they were on a couple or so !
"Its not about the long ball or the short ball, its about the right ball."

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: May 9, 2011, 07:25:40 am »
Fuck them.
Worry about ourselves.

Kenny'll sort it next season.

Bit of an unfair pressure to put on Kenny don't you think? This is what pisses me off, people point to whatever and say we will win it because of whatever reason... No just no, it takes a hell of a lot more that that, whilst Kenny is a manager capable of winning the league, its way to much to expect him to win the title in his first full season back. We have so much dead wood, we have so many injury prone players, we have so many youngsters who need more experience and lastly we have no where near the mentality or the attitude required and that's even if you think we have talented enough players to win it which we don't.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Stanfo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: May 9, 2011, 07:26:06 am »
I am pretty sure this is not how they felt when we were on 18 and they were on a couple or so !

I stood on the Kop with a manc mate for the last game of the season in 1991/92 (he was shit scared and very quiet), the year Leeds won the league after we beat the mancs at Anfield and he had never seen them win the title, against the 11 I had seen us win, he has now seen them win 12 since.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: May 9, 2011, 07:30:58 am »

You should turn that into a banner for the next time the mancs visit Anfield.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: May 9, 2011, 07:32:22 am »
I'm not that arsed to be honest. I can't remember us winning the league, this is the norm for me. I think it's worse for the people who watched us build up such a massive load of trophies and then have seen them match it.

Makes me laugh though that they're on the brink of being the most successful team in the history of the league and all they are banging on about is us. We want to be better than everyone, they want to be better than Liverpool.

Offline Roy of the rovers

• TORY Supporter - proof being he voted for Blair...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 9, 2011, 07:38:06 am »
I know they mean well, I really do, but can't say I'm looking forward to the inevitable bout of "inspirational perch reclaiming bollocks" threads about to crop up in the next few weeks.

If they didn't write it, then it would mean the achievement was worth nothing. The stakes are high - that's why we care too

This is their day, and their season. A phenomenally talented manager (however much it sticks in the throat to ssay it) and a brilliantly-managed club (until recently) have taken the domestic lead. It's now our job to take it back

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #185 on: May 9, 2011, 07:44:51 am »
"Alex Ferguson didn't knock Liverpool off their perch, Liverpool did."

Souness and his poor buys, Clough, Saunders, Ruddock, Dicks (I can't remember seeing him ever play for us though...) started the balling rolling...

It never did stop till Rafa came in and steadied the ship. Kenny has taken over the mantel now and I look forward to seeing our club move forward again.

Oh.... and the Englishfication thing.... didn't work the first time under Souness, didn't work the second time under Pussy/Hodgson... don't think it'll work anymore....  Football is an international game now and like it or not, to consistently challenge for top honours and we should go for the best players available whenever we can.... regardless of where they are born....

Offline Red Dane

• Kopite
  • Probinate nobis similibusque
« Reply #186 on: May 9, 2011, 07:55:13 am »
Credit to them.

We are Liverpool, and we'll come back. Remember Istanbul. We'll come back. We allways do!

I'am looking forward to next season, we're moving forward, and we'll only become better.
Every power draws its ultimate consequences at every moment. Supposing that this also is only interpretation-and you will be eager enough to make this objection?-well, so much the better. (Nietzsche; Beyond Good & Evil, p. 30-31).

Offline tjtaylor182

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #187 on: May 9, 2011, 08:01:06 am »
"Alex Ferguson didn't knock Liverpool off their perch, Liverpool did."

Souness and his poor buys, Clough, Saunders, Ruddock, Dicks (I can't remember seeing him ever play for us though...) started the balling rolling...

It never did stop till Rafa came in and steadied the ship. Kenny has taken over the mantel now and I look forward to seeing our club move forward again.

Oh.... and the Englishfication thing.... didn't work the first time under Souness, didn't work the second time under Pussy/Hodgson... don't think it'll work anymore....  Football is an international game now and like it or not, to consistently challenge for top honours and we should go for the best players available whenever we can.... regardless of where they are born....

I dunno I think Houllier did a pretty good job.

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #188 on: May 9, 2011, 08:01:20 am »
Credit to them.

We are Liverpool, and we'll come back. Remember Istanbul. We'll come back. We allways do!

I'am looking forward to next season, we're moving forward, and we'll only become better.

Comeee onnn

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 9, 2011, 08:04:57 am »
I think this could be a good thing. Removes fear, focuses attention purely on the here and now and the future. We changed from our mindset from automatic champions to fighting underdogs: now we have the situation that matches the mindset and can move forward.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #190 on: May 9, 2011, 08:20:18 am »
I dunno I think Houllier did a pretty good job.

Me too. But I felt that we were in the Aston Villa category then... Neither here nor there... We had a great cup run, that magical season but to me it was more of a one-off event.

With Rafa, I came to expect CL every season but with the 'boss', I was happy to get a CL spot... you know that feeling??

Offline stevy_sayan

• Main Stander
« Reply #191 on: May 9, 2011, 08:23:16 am »
Mark my words, Kenny wont just knock him off his perch.....he'll boot him off it!
It took man u so many years , well we can turn it around in 2 seasons, this is what Liverpool is all about

Offline lfcforlife

• Kemlynite
  • We've won it 5 times
« Reply #192 on: May 9, 2011, 08:28:51 am »
All i will say on the matter , watched an interview with a 40ish year old manc supporter before the game stating he grew up watching lfc win and dominate absolutely everything and now if was there turn . i wasnt old enough back then to remember all that but im hoping , praying and believing that with kenny back in the hot seat it wont be long before its are turn again . p.s the last time kenny was up against ferg as lfc manager he was wiping the floor with him and he has already done it once this season again so roll on next year 

Offline stevy_sayan

• Main Stander
« Reply #193 on: May 9, 2011, 08:31:23 am »
We knew now scousers will refer to this :] you're so predictable :]
maybe then "come back when you have 11 FA cups"? :]
you're knocked off the perch and you can do whatever you want but as your former manager said "it's a facht"(c)  :D
dude success is short lived. the fact is we still remain the most decorated club in English football, that too without winning the league for 20 years. ha ha, we are coming to get you next season. Fergi wont always be there to save your ass

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #194 on: May 9, 2011, 08:44:30 am »

As much as I hate the retards, I am not really bothered with the fact that they have won No.19 ahead of us ... Now that we've got that monkey off our back, we can continue to rebuild under the leadership of our greatest legend ... Our success is inevitably coming, and this is not some empty talk ... The way we have beaten Chelsea, Mancs or City under Kenny's management, is giving me reason to believe that we will be title contenders as early as next season ... We need to have a productive summer, and I am not talking about some world class signings here ... Adding 3-4 quality starters at the age of 22-24, combined with the promotion of some talented youngsters from our Reserves, and we will be miles ahead of the Mancs and Chelsea in our rebuilding process ... Of course, the fitness of our top players will be an important factor, and that is why I hope that Gerrard and Agger will manage to fully recover through the summer ... Anyway, we have everything to look forward ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: May 9, 2011, 08:56:41 am »
As much as I hate the retards, I am not really bothered with the fact that they have won No.19 ahead of us ... Now that we've got that monkey off our back, we can continue to rebuild under the leadership of our greatest legend ... Our success is inevitably coming, and this is not some empty talk ... The way we have beaten Chelsea, Mancs or City under Kenny's management, is giving me reason to believe that we will be title contenders as early as next season ... We need to have a productive summer, and I am not talking about some world class signings here ... Adding 3-4 quality starters at the age of 22-24, combined with the promotion of some talented youngsters from our Reserves, and we will be miles ahead of the Mancs and Chelsea in our rebuilding process ... Of course, the fitness of our top players will be an important factor, and that is why I hope that Gerrard and Agger will manage to fully recover through the summer ... Anyway, we have everything to look forward ...

For me as you pointed out we have to improve against the bottom half teams - Its not the games against Utd, Chelsea etc that count really for me it's games like tonight when it's a real test.

We need to build a squad(again as you said). Yes we need a few 1st team starters but we also need squad players with drive. Fully behind Kenny and DC in the transfer market in the summer.

Like you though mate I do believe the future is bright and even though the Manc's have number 19, football doesn't end this season.

Offline perth-red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #196 on: May 9, 2011, 08:59:57 am »
who honestly gives a shit about this record.. we are more successfull in europe and now they are more successfull domestically. chalk and cheese imo.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #197 on: May 9, 2011, 09:07:07 am »
We had a great cup run, that magical season but to me it was more of a one-off event.
All success is of the moment - to be enjoyed.

Houllier delivered what only two other managers ( Fagan and Whiskeynose) have achieved with English Clubs in the history of the game - a treble.

Our challenge is to ensure that we have a team, stadium and infrastructure on and off the field that can compete in the 21st Century. Let's hope that FSG can deliver.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Stanfo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: May 9, 2011, 09:14:22 am »
who honestly gives a shit about this record.. we are more successfull in europe and now they are more successfull domestically. chalk and cheese imo.

While I am in agreement with all the positive posts about bigger victories that have been won this year and looking forward to the future, I honestly do give a shit, because for years we rubbed their noses in it about 18-5 and in a few weeks it could be 19-4 to the horrible c*nts.

If you were one of the people who has never cared about our "lead" then fine, but there are plenty who did and it is a bit two faced to say it doesn't matter just because we aren't leading any more.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #199 on: May 9, 2011, 09:31:24 am »
Despite always saying to myself that I really don't care what any other team does, and meaning it as well, I had a fleeting moment of doubt yesterday, and at the last minute decided to go & watch the match. I needn't have worried. As soon as the game started I found myself completely calm and just watching a title decider. There were two Utd fans getting in my face and I just looked at them and smiled. They hated that. My doubts were unfounded - I didn't care after all. Good.

Why good? This Red_Isle_Chap post sums up why...it WAS a millstone and now it's gone. Good.
What i'm hoping is that we can finally get rid of this millstone around our neck.