Author Topic: Most Overrated Footballers?  (Read 68984 times)

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Most Overrated Footballers?
« Reply #440 on: January 16, 2019, 03:27:00 pm »
Willian is a great shout, there's been some absolute bollocks spouted about him over the years.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: January 16, 2019, 03:43:12 pm »
Dare I say it - Harry Kane?
I don't see how Kane is over-rated.  He's scored 20 plus goals for each of the last 4 seasons.  If he came through our academy you would absolutely love him.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: January 16, 2019, 04:05:12 pm »
Pickford and Pogba for me.

I know Pogba can score some goals or make some passes (not to the hoarding) but all he is doing is what a professional footballer should be doing surely? Like the wanking over his pass at the weekend, if he's as good as he's supposed to be that should be a weekly thing. I admit I hate him so that may cloud my judgement a bit.

Pickford is shit.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #443 on: January 16, 2019, 04:22:09 pm »
Hazard.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: January 16, 2019, 04:34:27 pm »
Pickford and Pogba for me.

I know Pogba can score some goals or make some passes (not to the hoarding) but all he is doing is what a professional footballer should be doing surely? Like the wanking over his pass at the weekend, if he's as good as he's supposed to be that should be a weekly thing. I admit I hate him so that may cloud my judgement a bit.

Pickford is shit.
Agree on Pogba. Never seen a supposedly great player being as consistently ridiculously poor as he has been. Was he really passing the ball aimlessly out of play just because he didn't like Mourinho. And if he was that would be a mark against him still, great players don't down tools. George Best after 20 pints and 20 Miss Worlds at 35 with half an hours sleep and no training for 6 months would have been better at Brighton than Pogba.

(Can I block Ed from reading that?)

Pickford's great, just needs a move to a giant club.
(Ed can read this bit, I'd really like him to.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 04:36:32 pm by idontknow »
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
  • 'Arry Redknapp,baggy faced bell end bastard.
« Reply #445 on: January 16, 2019, 04:37:29 pm »
Jesse Lingaard
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #446 on: January 16, 2019, 04:39:12 pm »
Jesse Lingaard

Is he actually overrated?  I think everyone knows what he offers, he'll run all day for the team and is decent technically with a tendancy to pop up with streaks of goals now and then.  No one thinks he's amazing, but we all think he's a bellend.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: January 16, 2019, 04:54:51 pm »
Aubameyang, scores the goals but provides literally nothing else, is probably the last genuine goal hanger in the game these days.

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: January 16, 2019, 04:57:25 pm »
Hazard's not overrated, he is brilliant and has been for years for Chelsea, which is all the more impressive when you consider that he's played in mostly defensive teams there. I could watch him play all day and wish Liverpool had signed him instead of Chelsea. Hey, he apparently said he loves playing at Anfield - pick up the dog and bone and take him to Blackpool, Jurgen!  ;D

Hardly an original pick but Paul Pogba. All marketing and hype, little substance on the football field. I've never known a case of a player being made out to be world class as consistently as Pogba is deliver so little on the field so often. It's incredible really. I always shake my head when he plays a decent crossfield long ball (that players like Rooney, Henderson, Gerrard and many others do / did on a regular basis) and it's hailed as stunning, world class play and replayed over and over. Commentators and pundits who fawn over Pogba really do come across like they're trying to sell the viewer a product rather than discuss the game. It's baffling.

Also, Balotelli used to be overrated back in the day: "he'd be one of the best in the world if he sorted his head out". He had talent but he was never going to be world class. The way some pundits used to go on, like he could be as good as Cristiano Ronaldo if he just concentrated more on his football. No.

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: January 16, 2019, 04:57:28 pm »
Bump on a bump I suppose.

But, in 2011, in this thread, people were asking how good Kenny was.
In my opinion, he was up there with the very very best. I don't base this on my own football knowledge.

50,000 Liverpool supporters, 50,000 Celtic supporters.
That's for starters.
Clough said knocking Liverpool out of the European Cup was about wiping Kenny's smile off his face.
Bob Paisley said he was the best player he had ever managed.
Jock Stein thought as long as Dalglish stayed at Celtic he could build another Lisbon Lions team.
Ray Clemence said that from the goal he could see Kenny making moves the best team in the world couldn't keep up with.
Bob Paisley used to go up to the stand to see what Dalglish was actually doing.
Ray Kennedy accepted that Dalglish was better than him, which is some admission from Ray Kennedy.
Souness said that from about 79-82 Dalglish was the best player in the world, bar none.
Hansen said that despite losing 4-1 to Brazil with Scotland at the 1982 World Cup, it was an honour to be on the same pitch as players like Zico and Socrates. Then he says that Dalglish should have been playing for Brazil.
Beckenbauer turned up at Hampden to present King Kenny his prize for his 100th Scottish cap.
George Best said that if he had played in the same team as Dalglish he would have scored 50 goals a season. He'd not have had to dribble past 6 or 7 players, just wait for the pass.

Then, player-manager of a double-winning side, in his debut season, won the league with 2 clubs, that's a select group, last winner of the league with a provincial club. Comes back to manage Liverpool and wins a trophy -what? - 27 years after his first as manager.

Oh, 100 goals in both Scotland and England.

And that's Kenny the football man.

He could play.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: January 16, 2019, 05:10:04 pm »
Bump on a bump I suppose.

But, in 2011, in this thread, people were asking how good Kenny was.
In my opinion, he was up there with the very very best. I don't base this on my own football knowledge.

50,000 Liverpool supporters, 50,000 Celtic supporters.
That's for starters.
Clough said knocking Liverpool out of the European Cup was about wiping Kenny's smile off his face.
Bob Paisley said he was the best player he had ever managed.
Jock Stein thought as long as Dalglish stayed at Celtic he could build another Lisbon Lions team.
Ray Clemence said that from the goal he could see Kenny making moves the best team in the world couldn't keep up with.
Bob Paisley used to go up to the stand to see what Dalglish was actually doing.
Ray Kennedy accepted that Dalglish was better than him, which is some admission from Ray Kennedy.
Souness said that from about 79-82 Dalglish was the best player in the world, bar none.
Hansen said that despite losing 4-1 to Brazil with Scotland at the 1982 World Cup, it was an honour to be on the same pitch as players like Zico and Socrates. Then he says that Dalglish should have been playing for Brazil.
Beckenbauer turned up at Hampden to present King Kenny his prize for his 100th Scottish cap.
George Best said that if he had played in the same team as Dalglish he would have scored 50 goals a season. He'd not have had to dribble past 6 or 7 players, just wait for the pass.

Then, player-manager of a double-winning side, in his debut season, won the league with 2 clubs, that's a select group, last winner of the league with a provincial club. Comes back to manage Liverpool and wins a trophy -what? - 27 years after his first as manager.

Oh, 100 goals in both Scotland and England.

And that's Kenny the football man.

He could play.

The fact that someone that good never won a Ballon d'Or makes him one of the most underrated players of all time.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: January 16, 2019, 05:13:49 pm »
Rashford is probably one of the most underrated players on RAWK, I think he's potentially got a very high ceiling

Yeah he really is. Obviously the Ronaldo, Kane etc. comparisons are a bit extreme but under a manager like Klopp he would be superb.

And to anyone even suggesting Kane... :lmao

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: January 16, 2019, 05:14:35 pm »
Hazard is a terrible shout.

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: January 16, 2019, 05:15:05 pm »
The fact that someone that good never won a Ballon d'Or makes him one of the most underrated players of all time.
:) Does. Kevin Keegan won it twice. Now Keegan was great, but he wasn't King Kenny.

We've been lucky, haven't we. Always makes me happy thinking about our great footballers.  :)

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: January 16, 2019, 05:25:31 pm »
Rashford is probably one of the most underrated players on RAWK, I think he's potentially got a very high ceiling
Disagree. Think he's a slightly better right-footed Townsend. Decent, loads of hype, won't amount to much.

I think Neves for Wolves is overrated, too. Think he's a good passer of the ball, but he's defensively suspect. Need to put a man in there next to him to do the work.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: January 16, 2019, 06:06:42 pm »
I don't see how Kane is over-rated.  He's scored 20 plus goals for each of the last 4 seasons.  If he came through our academy you would absolutely love him.

But he doesn't so I can call him overrated in that he's a great goalscorer but not much else, which is fine but I think he's given credit for an all-round game that doesn't exist. And I can call him a mouth breathing twat who steals goals off team mates.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: January 16, 2019, 06:08:55 pm »
:) Does. Kevin Keegan won it twice. Now Keegan was great, but he wasn't King Kenny.

We've been lucky, haven't we. Always makes me happy thinking about our great footballers.  :)

I think Keegan is underrated in Liverpool history. Should be named as one of the absolute greatest. Which he isn`t. Not enough. I think he was one of the main factors to put Liverpool on the map outside England. There`s a generation of fans abroad who became fans of Liverpool in that era, and Keegan was the main man.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 06:26:18 pm by Raaphael »

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: January 16, 2019, 06:15:45 pm »
Don't agree with the poster who said Cavani. His movement is brilliant, and he works his considerable balls off every game. Nobody thinks he is the greatest player ever, he's just very very good, so I can't say he is overrated at all.

More inclined to agree with the Hazard shout. He's good, but he's not consistent and for me sits below the tier everyone seems to place him in.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: January 16, 2019, 06:18:44 pm »
I would say that Cavani is somewhat underrated in that he gets ridiculed for missing chances but not as much credit for his all round game and like you say, him working his bollocks off.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #459 on: January 16, 2019, 07:32:37 pm »
Yeah he really is. Obviously the Ronaldo, Kane etc. comparisons are a bit extreme but under a manager like Klopp he would be superb.

And to anyone even suggesting Kane... :lmao

He wouldn’t even be top hundred if he played for Klopp, if all the other ‘would be great under Klopp’ players all played for Klopp. Starting with Son of course, he’d be great under Klopp.

Might actually by the most over rated phrase at the minute  ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: January 16, 2019, 07:56:41 pm »
I think Keegan is underrated in Liverpool history. Should be named as one of the absolute greatest. Which he isn`t. Not enough. I think he was one of the main factors to put Liverpool on the map outside England. There`s a generation of fans abroad who became fans of Liverpool in that era, and Keegan was the main man.

Interesting shout. I wasn't around in Keegan's time but yeah, he doesn't ever seem to be discussed as one of the absolute greatest. Our post-war best player discussions usually involve Liddell, Dalglish, Hansen, Souness, Barnes, Gerrard and Suarez. From what I've heard about Keegan he probably does deserve to be mentioned in that company too.

I'd love it if in a couple of years we can add VvD, Salah and maybe some others to that list!

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: January 16, 2019, 08:19:08 pm »
Not suprised to see Cavani mentioned but don't agree at all, the guys a beast of a striker

Works his arse off and scores some incredible goals, great link up player too

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: January 16, 2019, 08:21:04 pm »
Not suprised to see Cavani mentioned but don't agree at all, the guys a beast of a striker

Works his arse off and scores some incredible goals, great link up player too
I hate him for all those sitters he missed in that quarter final the year Chelsea won the CL.

4-1 up in the 1st leg and it should have been 6-7, and then the 2nd leg he should have had a hat trick with those sitters he missed.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #463 on: January 16, 2019, 08:29:14 pm »

Yes, I think he is. He was absolutely fantastic for us and pretty much everyone loved him. I was gutted when he decided to leave.

Thing is, we did the almost impossible and managed to replace him with someone even better. Maybe this is why he doesn't quite get the love I think he deserves. His legacy was quickly overshadowed by the staggering talent that was Sir Kenneth Dalglish.

But yes, Keegan really got people talking. He was a fantastic player and built a superb partnership with Toshack. At the time, he was a bit like a fifth Beatle, he was exciting and he drew attention to our club and our football from far and wide. Not bad for a £35,000 signing from Scunthorpe.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #464 on: January 16, 2019, 08:33:28 pm »
Is Keegan not talked about in our upper echelons because he chose to leave on his terms? Or because his replacement took the team to even higher heights? Or a bit of both?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: January 16, 2019, 08:35:43 pm »
he was second behind Platini to be fair

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: January 16, 2019, 08:37:14 pm »
Interesting shout. I wasn't around in Keegan's time but yeah, he doesn't ever seem to be discussed as one of the absolute greatest. Our post-war best player discussions usually involve Liddell, Dalglish, Hansen, Souness, Barnes, Gerrard and Suarez. From what I've heard about Keegan he probably does deserve to be mentioned in that company too.

I'd love it if in a couple of years we can add VvD, Salah and maybe some others to that list!
couple of years ago there was a 100 players who shook the kop and keegan was around 20th, although that’s more down to young fans voting on the internet

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: January 16, 2019, 08:45:15 pm »
I`ve the impression it also might have something to do with that he left and played for other clubs. But I have to say, even if Keegan was a before my time, I wouldn`t be a Liverpool fan without him. My brother is a little bit older than me, was a Red and Kevin Keegan was a word in my vocabulary pretty much from when I was born. I know Kenny is the king etc, but the magic around Liverpool was created by Kevin Keegan for me.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 08:48:42 pm by Raaphael »

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: January 16, 2019, 08:52:53 pm »
couple of years ago there was a 100 players who shook the kop and keegan was around 20th, although that’s more down to young fans voting on the internet

Just looking at the list now, he was 8th which is a lot higher than I also would have presumed from young fans in 2006! The top 10 were

Kenny
Gerrard
Rush
Fowler
Barnes
Liddell
Carra
Keegan
Souness
Hughes

Not too bad a list although I'd have Souness much higher and Carra and Fowler lower.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: January 16, 2019, 09:00:43 pm »
Keegan won European player of the year twice. Should be way higher.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: January 16, 2019, 09:39:13 pm »
Just looking at the list now, he was 8th which is a lot higher than I also would have presumed from young fans in 2006! The top 10 were

Kenny
Gerrard
Rush
Fowler
Barnes
Liddell
Carra
Keegan
Souness
Hughes

Not too bad a list although I'd have Souness much higher and Carra and Fowler lower.
its the 2013 one I’m referring to, he was 19th!!!

http://liverpoolfc.wikia.com/wiki/100_Players_Who_Shook_The_Kop_(2013)

Out of those above him, the only ones you can make a strong argument for are gerrard, dalglish, Barnes, Liddell, rush, souness and hunt to be above keegan, I mean dirk Kuyt, Torres and Suárez are above him!!!

Keegan won European player of the year twice. Should be way higher.
At Hamburg, was second in 1977 when he was with us for the first half of the year

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: January 16, 2019, 11:50:44 pm »
But yes, Keegan really got people talking. He was a fantastic player and built a superb partnership with Toshack. At the time, he was a bit like a fifth Beatle, he was exciting and he drew attention to our club and our football from far and wide. Not bad for a £35,000 signing from Scunthorpe.  :)

And he was ace on Superstars......

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: January 17, 2019, 12:19:23 am »
Is Keegan not talked about in our upper echelons because he chose to leave on his terms? Or because his replacement took the team to even higher heights? Or a bit of both?

I'd say definitely a bit of both. I know he upset some of us with the way he left. Kenny came right in and went on to overshadow him too.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: January 17, 2019, 12:20:05 am »
And he was ace on Superstars......

...Until he fell off his bike.  :P

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: January 17, 2019, 12:31:13 am »
I remember being at the European Super Cup at Anfield in 1977 when we played Hamburg with Keegan in their side. Those around at the time will recall how we stuffed them 6-0.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dWu3ABZuxdc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dWu3ABZuxdc</a>

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #475 on: January 17, 2019, 12:42:01 am »
I remember being at the European Super Cup at Anfield in 1977 when we played Hamburg with Keegan in their side. Those around at the time will recall how we stuffed them 6-0.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dWu3ABZuxdc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dWu3ABZuxdc</a>

Meck-dare-muut!!!
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: January 17, 2019, 01:19:37 am »
This is where it gets tricky, there is a definitely a context beyond the ability of the player as to how good they are. Keegan definitely made Liverpool a European superteam, and I remember Dalglish just being named in the team giving a crowd a boost.
Brazilians talk about Garrincha and Pele, it's sort of Pele is worldwide, but Garrincha is theirs.
Ajax and Cruyff, and Platini in that French side 78-86.

It's a great subject,and nowadays we don't just have our memories, we have internet vids, we have other people's knowledge and stories.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #477 on: January 17, 2019, 01:51:51 am »
Definitely underrated is Keegan. We were on the map of course, with Shanks and Bob, but Keegan had us never out of the papers or off the telly. On the pitch he was a complete whirlwind, was great when the Kop chanted 'KEVIN Keegan, Keegan, Keegan, KEVIN Keegan' used to echo around the stand end-to-end. We loved him, but I think it kind of soured when he said he wanted to leave, made that whole season weird, we were all going 'Hamburg? Who the fuck are they?' Hardly a European giant, though soon to be.

Last memory of him for us? That massive shiner he was sporting in the Rome celebrations  ;D

But he gave me some great times ... living in London, I went to all the aways - anyone around that time will tell you hairy it was when we didn't have a big away contingent - check this clip and see us absolutely surrounded by Cockneys ... it kicked off every time there was a goal - and there were four  :o

My two favourite players of the time, our Batman and Robin scoring, 2-2 draw, four cracking goals - I think Frank Lampard Snr's got goal of the season, but guess who pops up to score our equaliser, what a header  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zloU6KGLGVk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zloU6KGLGVk</a>

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: January 17, 2019, 07:50:46 am »
On the subject of under rated. Terry McDermott. Not by Liverpool fans but by the wider football world. He was excellent, top class and a lot of goals.

Offline MartinSkrtelsBasement

• Kopite
« Reply #479 on: January 17, 2019, 11:18:03 am »
I don't see how Kane is over-rated.  He's scored 20 plus goals for each of the last 4 seasons. If he came through our academy you would absolutely love him.

Sorry, but I disagree with the bit in bold.

Spurs have built thir side around Kane in order to get him those goals. I don't think they get enough goals from thwe rest as a result. This is pure opinion of course, but I don't think Salah gets 40 goals alongside a striker like Harry Kane.

A good player with great technique and very dangerous in and around the box, but much easier to stiffle him than the truly world class #9's imo.
Pirlo is a silent leader. He speaks with his feet.
—Marcello Lippi