Author Topic: Juve will not pay Aquilani asking price  (Read 358563 times)

Offline IlPrincipino4

• Main Stander
Re: Juve will not pay Aquilani asking price
« Reply #1640 on: May 16, 2011, 04:30:01 am »
Off topic but most of Charlie Adam's goals and assists come from penalties and set pieces anyway...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOb-n8KOHiA&feature=feedu_more

He also has 70% pass completion rate, maybe even less now which is worse than Carragher. But who knows? some players can improve and step up. Wouldn't mind him coming here but would rather Aquilani returned, or get McCarthy instead.
Seriously ... I can īt believe we are going to sell Aquilani for peanuts to buy Charlie Adam ...

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1641 on: May 16, 2011, 04:48:37 am »
Hopefully not ... That midfield combo would only cement our Europa League status ...

What a stupid comment . The stupidity in some our fans is unbelievable .

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1642 on: May 16, 2011, 04:51:10 am »
What a stupid comment . The stupidity in some our fans is unbelievable .

Have to agree with him to be honest.

Gerrard is woeful in the deeper CM position, he much more effective down the right or given a free role behind the striker(s.)

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1643 on: May 16, 2011, 05:00:50 am »
Have to agree with him to be honest.

Gerrard is woeful in the deeper CM position, he much more effective down the right or given a free role behind the striker(s.)

Is this the same woeful Gerrard and Lucas who outplayed United and Chelsea in midfield ? Or is it someone else from Mars ?

How did we do without Gerrard in big games this season ? Some of our fans have very short memories .

Offline LadsPen

• Kopite
« Reply #1644 on: May 16, 2011, 05:08:56 am »
Was exactly what we needed last week.

Offline LadsPen

• Kopite
« Reply #1645 on: May 16, 2011, 05:13:31 am »
Last night I mean.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #1646 on: May 16, 2011, 05:42:56 am »
Some of our fans have very short memories .

You couldn't be more fucking right.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #1647 on: May 16, 2011, 05:48:09 am »
For all those crying out for Charlie Adam when Scott Parker is a far better shout.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1648 on: May 16, 2011, 06:34:27 am »
Last night I mean.

Ya he would have been handy yesterday . But will he be happy to be a squad player and back up to Gerrard and Meireles ?

Online PJLFC1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1649 on: May 16, 2011, 07:31:28 am »
Last night I mean.
Known our Luck and his if he was here he would probaly have been injured , the Prem is a hell of a lot tougher on the body physically than Seria A so the comparisons are non existent imho . I wasn't over fussed when we signed him and for the reported figure as well we got an injured player known to be injury prone i.e Crystal Legs as he was known , plus he didn't play for a while till rehabilitated and then didn't set the place alight or do anything of note for me to be saying yes please come back etc . If he doesn't come back I only hope we get what were asking for and I trust Dalglish and if he prefers Adam or anyone else over AA then that's good enough for me and should be good enough for you !
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:11:48 pm by pjl220874 »
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

royhendo

« Reply #1650 on: May 16, 2011, 07:48:53 am »
According to the Juve sporting director, Jack, today is the day their preferred option clause ends. So by tomorrow we'll know if Comolli caved or not. (The error in the snippet below is that the sum required is of course 16m euros.)

Juve sporting director Giuseppe Marotta is adamant the club will not pay the reported Ģ16million required to land the former Roma star.
Marotta said: "There is a buy-out clause that has to be activated by May 15.
"We'll try to reach an agreement before the deadline, but I can certainly say we will not sign Aquilani for the sum set by Liverpool."

C'mon Damo, stick it in 'em!

Offline sfeirinho!!

• Anny Roader
  • El KaasThorr
« Reply #1651 on: May 16, 2011, 08:04:05 am »
I don't know what's the situation with aquilani we are the 16 th now and still no news... Yesterday with raul and Steve out, we were crying with someone like aquilani.
He had a career full of injuries but it's been 2 years that he's injury free. Oh and Italian players play their best football from their late 20's till their 34s.

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1652 on: May 16, 2011, 08:12:42 am »
Would he have made the difference yesterday with Raul out? We looked a shadow of our usual selves without him.

Online PJLFC1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1653 on: May 16, 2011, 08:13:58 am »
I don't know what's the situation with aquilani we are the 16 th now and still no news... Yesterday with raul and Steve out, we were crying with someone like aquilani.
He had a career full of injuries but it's been 2 years that he's injury free. Oh and Italian players play their best football from their late 20's till their 34s.
Sorry but your 2 years injury free is in correct as he was injured when we signed him last year .
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1654 on: May 16, 2011, 08:16:18 am »
For all those crying out for Charlie Adam when Scott Parker is a far better shout.

Seriously - Fucking hell mate. What day is it? 

Adam and Parker are two totally different kind of players. Its like comparing Lucas with fucking Lampard.

Get a grip of football my friend.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:28:41 am by Fordy »

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1655 on: May 16, 2011, 08:28:13 am »
Off topic but most of Charlie Adam's goals and assists come from penalties and set pieces anyway...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOb-n8KOHiA&feature=feedu_more

He also has 70% pass completion rate, maybe even less now which is worse than Carragher. But who knows? some players can improve and step up. Wouldn't mind him coming here but would rather Aquilani returned, or get McCarthy instead.

You ever seen McCarthy play? He is a for me an improved Spearing or Mark Noble and like them has no stand out qualities. Yes he can improve has he has a bright future but if it's a pick between Adam and McCarthy(which it is) then Adam wins by a country mile.

McCarthy has already turned us down twice and will more than likely want 1st team football.

As for you little statement about Adam - Don't know how many times you have watched Liverpool but one of our downfalls has been set pieces. Plus they're is so many holes in your point I don't know where to start but lets start with the fact that Adam will see more of the ball than Carra in a match so when a player see's more of the ball then they're bound to have worst stats for example if Carra gets the ball once and completes a pass that a 100% record.

Look Adam is a good player, a player that will improve our squad.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1656 on: May 16, 2011, 08:44:31 am »
Fordy  :-*  :lickin  :jong Charlie Adam

Offline JN Jonsson

• Considerably richer than yow... richer even than Southern Pansy
  • Kopite
  • Hub of the Internet-Terrorists.
« Reply #1657 on: May 16, 2011, 08:45:11 am »

Look Adam is a good player, a player that will improve our squad.

This.

And that's what matters, really.
Gimme gimme jon, Gimme jonjoooohhh
Gimme gimme jon, Gimme jonjoooohhh
(Britney Speares - Give me moore)

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1658 on: May 16, 2011, 08:47:40 am »
This.

And that's what matters, really.

Charlie will be an improvement but not a big one. I am curious though, to see him playing with Gerrard on the pitch too.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #1659 on: May 16, 2011, 08:48:36 am »
Adam will marginally improve the squad and his cost will offset that marginal improvement.

Before you throw your ' I have seen him play all season so I know better ' party line , let me save you the trouble by letting you know that I have seen him on many occasion this season.

And why are you obsessed with these Aquilani threads? Are you afraid for Charlie and his prospects of playing for us if Aquilani comes back?  ;D
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1660 on: May 16, 2011, 08:52:08 am »
Charlie will be an improvement but not a big one. I am curious though, to see him playing with Gerrard on the pitch too.

Not a big improvement - We have already discussed how much your in dreamland recently. We don't need to spend 15-30m in the CM area with or without AA.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1661 on: May 16, 2011, 08:54:25 am »
Another thing is regardless of Aquilani / Adam / McCarthy we will couple of quality wingers and also (probably ) Marveaux too . SO wont struggle for creativity next season as we did yesterday .

Another thing to remember is we still created more chances than Spurs despite struggling for Creative players . We just failed too finish off those chances which is unusual for us .

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1662 on: May 16, 2011, 08:56:34 am »
Not a big improvement - We have already discussed how much your in dreamland recently. We don't need to spend 15-30m in the CM area with or without AA.

Enough about me, he would be a great improvement but a big one? You're asking too much, he's not that brilliant.

He will do fine though.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1663 on: May 16, 2011, 08:57:52 am »
Adam will marginally improve the squad and his cost will offset that marginal improvement.

Before you throw your ' I have seen him play all season so I know better ' party line , let me save you the trouble by letting you know that I have seen him on many occasion this season.

And why are you obsessed with these Aquilani threads? Are you afraid for Charlie and his prospects of playing for us if Aquilani comes back?  ;D

Not obessed it just makes me laugh how some talk rubbish in here. Aquilani is a good player but it wasn't that special for us and it buzzes me up we have 42 pages on him and this drama over his deal. If he comes back great, if he doesn't then good luck to the lad.

As for your Adam comment. It's clear we're trying to buy players that will improve in the future eg Adam or McCarthy or Carroll etc its not about turning on the taps straight away. It's about the squad and clearly our squad needs improving and for 6-8m for me Adam would do that. Aquailani would also do that. Yesterday highlighted that we lack creative players and with Raul, Gerrard suffering from injuries from time to time we need more depth in the CM area.

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #1664 on: May 16, 2011, 08:59:27 am »
Juve sporting director Giuseppe Marotta is adamant the club will not pay the reported Ģ16million required to land the former Roma star.
Marotta said: "There is a buy-out clause that has to be activated by May 15.
"We'll try to reach an agreement before the deadline, but I can certainly say we will not sign Aquilani for the sum set by Liverpool."

So, the day has passed. Are there any actual news on this?

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1665 on: May 16, 2011, 09:00:35 am »

He will give a bit of vareity to our Midfield IMO . Good left foot excellent set piece deliveries goals form Midfield and long range passing . Could be a good option to have in the squad . At the end of the we cant have 25 world class players in the squad so having decent options in the squad could be useful .United are pretty good example of that .

Honestly i will take Adam over J.Cole from the bench any day of the week .

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1666 on: May 16, 2011, 09:01:48 am »
Not obessed it just makes me laugh how some talk rubbish in here. Aquilani is a good player but it wasn't that special for us and it buzzes me up we have 42 pages on him and this drama over his deal. If he comes back great, if he doesn't then good luck to the lad.

As for your Adam comment. It's clear we're trying to buy players that will improve in the future eg Adam or McCarthy or Carroll etc its not about turning on the taps straight away. It's about the squad and clearly our squad needs improving and for 6-8m for me Adam would do that. Aquailani would also do that. Yesterday highlighted that we lack creative players and with Raul, Gerrard suffering from injuries from time to time we need more depth in the CM area.

I doubt if either of Aquilani or Adam will be content to play a 'squad role' to be honest.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1667 on: May 16, 2011, 09:01:48 am »
Enough about me, he would be a great improvement but a big one? You're asking too much, he's not that brilliant.

He will do fine though.

Get the feeling your going to be disappointed this summer as your in fucking dreamland. Put the football manager down boy.

We're not going for fucking  brilliant players we're going for players that will improve over the next 5 years. Don't know where you live put City and Chelsea both wear blue and if you want brilliant players in the summer then maybe you might need to change your football manager team boy.

Online PJLFC1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1668 on: May 16, 2011, 09:02:25 am »
Don't know if I am missing something here but the Huge Big Fuss being made about AA really I don't get at all ! I seriously wouldn't be arsed if he signed for any of the Mancs or London teams as he hasn't made an impact on me in anyway shape or form that the likes of Alonso , Mascherano etc . Am just going off what I know and have seen of him while playing foR US not anyone else but US in our League . Some people have him up there as a Legend or a Legend to be . Well if he does come back I hope your right but I am certainly not going to lose any sleep if he doesn't and that's even if he signed for any of the above teams mentioned . I trust Kenny and Damien and their judgement .
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:13:31 pm by pjl220874 »

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1669 on: May 16, 2011, 09:02:58 am »
I doubt if either of Aquilani or Adam will be content to play a 'squad role' to be honest.

Well they will have too depending on where Raul plays.

We need a squad that can challenge on 4 fronts and at this moment we haven't got that.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1670 on: May 16, 2011, 09:03:21 am »
Get the feeling your going to be disappointed this summer as your in fucking dreamland. Put the football manager down boy.

We're not going for fucking  brilliant players we're going for players that will improve over the next 5 years. Don't know where you live put City and Chelsea both wear blue and if you want brilliant players in the summer then maybe you might need to change your football manager team boy.

Wow what a fucking great answer. I don't think your boyfriend Adam is the great player you make him out to be, and I get this shit already.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1671 on: May 16, 2011, 09:05:10 am »
Adam seems to offer a central midfield goal threat that we currently lack.  Like I said earlier, him and Aqua together with our current four can only improve squad depth.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline MassDriver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1672 on: May 16, 2011, 09:07:10 am »
The point is , they would easily command starting berths elsewhere so I am not sure they would give that up to be squad players at LFC. 

Exactly why players like Jay are integral to our success.

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
« Reply #1673 on: May 16, 2011, 09:12:12 am »
Personally i'm worried Charlie Adam is having a David Bentley, Gamst Pederson season. Look like world beaters for a season in the form of there lives and then they make a big move and they just go back to how they were before.

Lets not forget that he went to Blackpool for a minimal fee and if he was as amazing as he's now claimed to be then why did no premier league club come and get him before he went to Blackpool? Surely Premier League Clubs scouting networks would have picked up on this amazing talent before he went to Blackpool?

Don't get me wrong I think he's been a good player this season and has performed better than anyone expected but i'd like to see him repeat the form he's in at the moment consistantly over two seasons before we bought him.

Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1674 on: May 16, 2011, 09:18:48 am »
Personally i'm worried Charlie Adam is having a David Bentley, Gamst Pederson season. Look like world beaters for a season in the form of there lives and then they make a big move and they just go back to how they were before.

Lets not forget that he went to Blackpool for a minimal fee and if he was as amazing as he's now claimed to be then why did no premier league club come and get him before he went to Blackpool? Surely Premier League Clubs scouting networks would have picked up on this amazing talent before he went to Blackpool?

Don't get me wrong I think he's been a good player this season and has performed better than anyone expected but i'd like to see him repeat the form he's in at the moment consistantly over two seasons before we bought him.

I'm more worried about Carroll in that regard.  I know he's been injured and may need a little time, but when you consider the likes of Torres and Suarez - well it can be a big mistake to judge on instant impacts but we all knew quickly we had very special players on our hands.  I don't have that buzz from Carroll yet.

Shelvy and Spearing could take a back seat next season if we can field a set of Gerrard, Lucas, Aqua and Adam.  Even without Europe we'd still have the cups.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1675 on: May 16, 2011, 09:20:23 am »

Sorry thats a stupid logic . Valencia was playing for Wigan . Did that make him a poor player ? Same with Baines is he a rubbish player too ? Just because he is playing for a poor team doesnt mean he is not good enough for a big team . Poor teams do have decent scouts you know.

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #1676 on: May 16, 2011, 09:22:39 am »
The point is , they would easily command starting berths elsewhere so I am not sure they would give that up to be squad players at LFC. 

Automatic starting spots at teams at our perceived level?
It's a squad game, all our players know that.
They all bring different qualities giving Kenny options for each specific match, the tools for the job.

You might as well start arguing which is better, a Phillips screwdriver, a hammer or a spanner.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1677 on: May 16, 2011, 09:29:17 am »

Well he was pretty desperate to come to us in  January . I dont think much would have changed since . Aquilani is a bit difference case though .

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1678 on: May 16, 2011, 09:35:53 am »
Charlie Adam is wank!! Just looking at his chalkboards the number of passes he fails to make is shocking for a midfielder and most of his "Hollywood passes" are unsucessful. No thankyou not at all not for us, let him stay at his level whilst we bring back Aquilani and develop Spearing who is a very good passer and gives 100% and develop Shelvey who has the potential to make Adam look as second rate as he is.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1679 on: May 16, 2011, 09:45:11 am »
Charlie Adam is wank!! Just looking at his chalkboards the number of passes he fails to make is shocking for a midfielder and most of his "Hollywood passes" are unsucessful. No thankyou not at all not for us, let him stay at his level whilst we bring back Aquilani and develop Spearing who is a very good passer and gives 100% and develop Shelvey who has the potential to make Adam look as second rate as he is.

Do you really think Aquilani will be happy with a place in the Squad ?