Author Topic: Jose Manuel Reina  (Read 275057 times)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jose Manuel Reina
« Reply #2120 on: December 6, 2011, 09:31:49 am »
Well Fulham and Norwich so far and he's got plenty of time left to make the other two before the season finishes!

Bellend. Just looking for anyone to blame for the fact we're not as good as we think we are. Reina is a top class keeper, yes he has made (a mere couple of) mistakes, but he's also earned the right not to have to get crowed at by utter wankstains such as yourself for it.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline PeterGriffin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2121 on: December 6, 2011, 09:58:17 am »
Wow cant believe the stick Pepe is getting. Yes he makes a mistake now and again. Name a keeper that doesnt? Life of a keeper is 1mistake 9/10 its a goal. People quick to jump on his back after a clanger but how many game have we won or come away with a draw when we didnt deserve to because of this guy!! Also how many goals has he been involved in due to his distribution.

Fucking awesome Pepe and i still think he is best keeper in the world!

Long live Jose!!

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2122 on: December 6, 2011, 04:06:52 pm »
apparently hart is now better according to some  ::)

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2123 on: December 6, 2011, 04:09:24 pm »

:lmao
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2124 on: December 6, 2011, 06:44:59 pm »
Not that I agree but is Hart not rated on here? I think he's a great keeper personally. Seems a decent guy.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2125 on: December 6, 2011, 06:46:34 pm »
Not that I agree but is Hart not rated on here? I think he's a great keeper personally. Seems a decent guy.

He's a very good keeper who I rate, but is nowhere near as a good as Pepe.

Offline Nin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2126 on: December 6, 2011, 06:51:14 pm »
I'll probably get slated for this, but I think we should be looking at giving Doni a go for a game.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2127 on: December 6, 2011, 06:56:28 pm »
Some say he hasn't been the same since Valero left, I think it was Valero anyway. John Achterberg is our first team goalie coach, not sure of his credentials as a coach as he was at Tranmere for a small while after he retired and then came here.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2128 on: December 6, 2011, 06:57:02 pm »
I'll probably get slated for this, but I think we should be looking at giving Doni a go for a game.

And right you should. Ridiculous the way people go on.

You do know we have the best defensive record in the league, other than City right?
« Last Edit: December 6, 2011, 07:01:05 pm by Chakan »

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #2129 on: December 6, 2011, 06:58:44 pm »
He spilt a shot. Get over it. There's only 1 keeper in the world I'd have over Reina and that's Casillas.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2130 on: December 6, 2011, 07:00:00 pm »
First points he loses us since the begining of last season. Which was the first time since God knows when.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2131 on: December 6, 2011, 07:00:38 pm »
Pepe had a great 85 minutes last night and then unfortunately one bad mistake. It's going to happen now and again, he's more than earnt our trust over the years so we shouldn't make a big deal of it. I know Johnson let Murphy go inside easily but I was happy enough to see him shoot from there as I had complete faith in Pepe to deal with it.

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2132 on: December 6, 2011, 07:01:01 pm »
Some of our 'fans' are fucking unreal.

Get off Pepe's back, we're lucky enough to have one of the best goalkeepers in the world and he get this from his own fans after a mistake, think of the amount of times hes saved us.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #2133 on: December 6, 2011, 07:02:17 pm »
Some of our 'fans' are fucking unreal.

Get off Pepe's back, we're lucky enough to have one of the best goalkeepers in the world and he get this from his own fans after a mistake, think of the amount of times hes saved us.

It's cringe worthy and embarrassing isn't it
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Moldyman

• Heart and soul, one will burn.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2134 on: December 6, 2011, 07:03:42 pm »
He spilt a shot. Get over it. There's only 1 keeper in the world I'd have over Reina and that's Casillas.

I wouldn't swap him or anybody else in the world, I've seen Casillas make many more mistakes than him over the years.

Pepe is the man, and anybody in here crying about it needs to take a good look at themselves. Since when is human error not okay?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2135 on: December 6, 2011, 07:05:44 pm »
I wouldn't swap him or anybody else in the world, I've seen Casillas make many more mistakes than him over the years.

Pepe is the man, and anybody in here crying about it needs to take a good look at themselves. Since when is human error not okay?

Come on man we need better than Pepe!! Anyone know when Howards contract is up? What's David James up to these days?

Offline Darth Red

• Kopite
« Reply #2136 on: December 6, 2011, 07:07:04 pm »
Are people actually questioning Reina? All keepers make mistakes. Reina is world class. He's still top dog in Europe.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #2137 on: December 6, 2011, 07:10:10 pm »
Love Pepe. Prone to mistakes once in a while. Still the best around for me. Given the amount of points Pepe earns us per season with world class goal keeping he should be allowed a mistake now and again without retribution. Shame on anyone slating Pepe. A fuckin quality redman with LFC coursing through his veins. Needs to be made captain soon.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2138 on: December 6, 2011, 07:11:11 pm »
Love Pepe. Prone to mistakes once in a while. Still the best around for me. Given the amount of points Pepe earns us per season with world class goal keeping he should be allowed a mistake now and again without retribution. Shame on anyone slating Pepe. A fuckin quality redman with LFC coursing through his veins. Needs to be made captain soon.

He's been captain ever since Carra and Stevie have been out.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2139 on: December 6, 2011, 07:13:37 pm »
Pepe should of done better but glen does his job and we go home with a point.

Besides pepe is boss the amount of times he's bailed us out.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #2140 on: December 6, 2011, 07:28:03 pm »
A striker misses 9 open goals then scores with the tenth to win 1-0 - he's a hero

A keeper makes 9 world class saves then makes a mistake to lose 1-0, he's the villain

Such is life really, and if Pepe wasn't confident of holding the shot he should have pushed it wide, but he doesn't need me telling him that.

Yeh he made a mistake, he's made mistakes every season he's been here, but that doesn't mean he's not excellent 99% of the time

He's a boss keeper with a boss attitude and I hope he's with us for another ten years
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #2141 on: December 6, 2011, 07:31:15 pm »
He's been captain ever since Carra and Stevie have been out.

I`m talking about captain full time.

Offline Sevo

• Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy joy.
  • Kopite
« Reply #2142 on: December 6, 2011, 07:35:32 pm »
Looking forward to clapping him as he runs toward the Kop on Saturday. The bellends who criticise him will be on their laptops searching for a dodgy feed and looking forward for something to moan about. Having had the privilege to watch all our keepers from the Flying Pig onwards, Pepe is just behing Clem in my opinion. He is one of the best keepers I've seen.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2143 on: December 6, 2011, 07:38:01 pm »

Prezactly. I rate Hart highly but I wouldn't swap Pepe for anyone

Offline svoures

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2144 on: December 6, 2011, 07:48:02 pm »
Take 2 world class goalkeepers, with the same characteristics and each one averaging 1 costly mistake per 50 shots. Put one of them in a team with a very good defence, which allows the oposition only 5 shots per game.  Put the other in a team with many defensive problems that allow the opposition 25 shots per game. That means that one goalie will make one costly mistake every 10 games (almost 4 all season), while the other 1 costly mistake every other game (19 all season).

My point is that even though both goalkeepers are exactly the same, one seems useless because his defence allows five times more shots at him. I think this is what is happening with Pepe. He 'seems' to be making more mistakes, because in the past couple of years we have not been up to our normal standards defensively.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2145 on: December 6, 2011, 07:53:47 pm »
He fucked up, dissapointing but there you go. He saves a heck of a lot more goals than he costs though.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #2146 on: December 6, 2011, 08:02:54 pm »
Looking forward to clapping him as he runs toward the Kop on Saturday. The bellends who criticise him will be on their laptops searching for a dodgy feed and looking forward for something to moan about. Having had the privilege to watch all our keepers from the Flying Pig onwards, Pepe is just behing Clem in my opinion. He is one of the best keepers I've seen.

Echo this.

He is a brilliant goalie. Some of the dodgy blerts we've had since Grobbelaar! Good job they started following us after Istanbul, as theyd have had a seizure watching them in goal.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #2147 on: December 6, 2011, 08:05:32 pm »
A striker misses 9 open goals then scores with the tenth to win 1-0 - he's a hero

A keeper makes 9 world class saves then makes a mistake to lose 1-0, he's the villain

Such is life really, and if Pepe wasn't confident of holding the shot he should have pushed it wide, but he doesn't need me telling him that.

Yeh he made a mistake, he's made mistakes every season he's been here, but that doesn't mean he's not excellent 99% of the time

He's a boss keeper with a boss attitude and I hope he's with us for another ten years

Who would be a keeper eh?

They get no thanks

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #2148 on: December 6, 2011, 08:13:19 pm »

This.

He made a mistake, he'll deal with it.  He's kept us in plenty of games this season with saves beyond the ridiculous.

Offline walneyred8

• Wants to know what cock tastes like.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2149 on: December 6, 2011, 08:18:12 pm »

Your right-your gonna get slated.
Are you mental???

Offline canyouhearhimcalling

• Anny Roader
  • Long live the KING
« Reply #2150 on: December 6, 2011, 08:22:55 pm »
Either people are on a wind up , or have no F*cking clue whatsoever, yes he made a mistake, it happens. Would not swap him for any other goal keeper on the planet.
“There are those who say maybe I should forget about football. Maybe I should forget about breathing.”
There's not one club in Europe with an anthem like You'll Never Walk Alone. There's not one club in the world so united with the fans. I sat there watching the Liverpool fans and they sent shivers down my spine. A mass of 40,000 people became one

Offline Nin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2151 on: December 6, 2011, 09:28:05 pm »
Your right-your gonna get slated.
Are you mental???

I don't think he's been very good this season if im being completely honest. Agger and Skrtel have helped to cover his shaky form but I think it was exposed yesterday when we let the opposition have more shots than he's normally used to.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #2152 on: December 6, 2011, 09:31:20 pm »
Opinions are great and all, but you want to start having a think about yourself if you're questioning Reina.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2153 on: December 6, 2011, 09:32:48 pm »
I don't think he's been very good this season if im being completely honest. Agger and Skrtel have helped to cover his shaky form but I think it was exposed yesterday when we let the opposition have more shots than he's normally used to.

I feel like I am being whooshed.

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #2154 on: December 6, 2011, 09:37:03 pm »
Get Rid!

I'm a massive fan of Pep and rate him as one of the best in the world on his day. Yesterday he made a mistake... that's all I was saying.
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline danno08

• Anny Roader
  • If you ain't first, you're last.
« Reply #2155 on: December 6, 2011, 09:38:16 pm »
Of the 18 games he's played this season I can only think of 2 mistakes which have led to goals: one of the Adebayor goals at WHL and Dempsey's goals last night.

We were already down 2-0 and playing with 9 men when Adebayor scored so that didn't matter. Granted he should have pushed the ball away for the goal last night but how many times has Pepe saved us over the years and this season?

Something simple like his save from Ruiz last night is what I like most about Pepe. Stands up and lets the ball hit him. Majority of keepers try to guess which side the striker is going to put it and end up diving out of the way.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2156 on: December 6, 2011, 09:48:17 pm »

Rubbish.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2157 on: December 6, 2011, 10:34:52 pm »
Rubbish.

No you are right Hart is way better. We really should be in the market for a new keeper.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #2158 on: December 6, 2011, 10:38:32 pm »
I knew I shouldn't have read the thread fucking hell

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2159 on: December 6, 2011, 10:50:25 pm »
No you are right Hart is way better. We really should be in the market for a new keeper.

The part i disagreed with is that you said he is nowhere near Reina, which is rubbish in my eyes, Reina may be better but not by a distance.