Author Topic: General Rugby Union Thread  (Read 612823 times)

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Re: General Rugby Union Thread
« Reply #13440 on: May 26, 2024, 10:16:09 am »
That hurts more than any of the others. Even last year, losing to that wretched La Rochelle side with their horrendous style of play - the injury to Ryan completely transformed that game.
This one was there for us, and we couldn't get over the line. But to MBL's point, Niebenaar isn't the backs coach and it was there that the game was lost. Lack of accuracy, poor line support when making breaks etc. Osbourne should have been pulled at HT, and Byrne didn't play well.

Mind you, Matthew Carley is a fucking shockingly bad ref. Allowed a free for all at breakdown which killed any chance of our backs getting the ball, and two utterly horrendous decisions, for the completely non-existent knock on before the try at the end of the first half, and the yellow to Lowe. If that's a yellow then the Toulouse forward who slapped it into touch to from Sheehan's knock back early in the first half should have been one too. He's just awful, and the rugby authorities love him and for some reason hate Luke Pearce who's the best in the business.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13441 on: May 26, 2024, 07:56:38 pm »
That hurts more than any of the others. Even last year, losing to that wretched La Rochelle side with their horrendous style of play - the injury to Ryan completely transformed that game.
This one was there for us, and we couldn't get over the line. But to MBL's point, Niebenaar isn't the backs coach and it was there that the game was lost. Lack of accuracy, poor line support when making breaks etc. Osbourne should have been pulled at HT, and Byrne didn't play well.

Mind you, Matthew Carley is a fucking shockingly bad ref. Allowed a free for all at breakdown which killed any chance of our backs getting the ball, and two utterly horrendous decisions, for the completely non-existent knock on before the try at the end of the first half, and the yellow to Lowe. If that's a yellow then the Toulouse forward who slapped it into touch to from Sheehan's knock back early in the first half should have been one too. He's just awful, and the rugby authorities love him and for some reason hate Luke Pearce who's the best in the business.
I'm blaming Neonbaumer and that is that Raymond. Logic has nothing to do with it..

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #13442 on: May 26, 2024, 08:11:26 pm »
I'm blaming Neonbaumer and that is that Raymond. Logic has nothing to do with it..
If you're bringing him in, bring his fucking traffic light signals when you get penalties. When your lineout maul isn't scoring tries, it's lunacy to keep going back to it. No messing around from Toulouse, they get the pen and kick their 3. That's the Springbok way.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #13443 on: May 26, 2024, 10:07:40 pm »
If you're bringing him in, bring his fucking traffic light signals when you get penalties. When your lineout maul isn't scoring tries, it's lunacy to keep going back to it. No messing around from Toulouse, they get the pen and kick their 3. That's the Springbok way.

This, do the simple things and take the points.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #13444 on: June 2, 2024, 09:44:41 pm »
Really enjoyed the Premiership semi finals this weekend.

Northampton vs Bath next weekend should be a good one. Bath would have been relegated had last season been a normal one, now they could win the thing.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13445 on: June 2, 2024, 10:18:30 pm »

Northampton vs Bath next weekend should be a good one. Bath would have been relegated had last season been a normal one, now they could win the thing.

Don’t really watch much club rugby (or any really) but feels like these are the two most entertaining teams. Normally like Sale to do well but this should make for an entertaining final. Northampton seem to have a really good young crop and having led the table most of the season I hope they go on and win it.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13446 on: June 2, 2024, 10:22:11 pm »

Just Finn doing Finn things....

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #13447 on: June 3, 2024, 08:53:31 am »
URC quarter-finals this weekend....

Friday 7th June
Munster versus Ospreys, 19:35

Saturday 8th June
Bulls versus Benetton, 14:30
Leinster versus Ulster, 17:00
Glasgow Warriors versus Stormers, 19:35

Would be surprised if there weren't 4 home wins.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13448 on: June 6, 2024, 02:45:10 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #13449 on: June 8, 2024, 03:27:32 pm »
A fun first 20 in the prem final. Not sure the remaining 60 will be as competitive now
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13450 on: June 8, 2024, 03:55:33 pm »
A fun first 20 in the prem final. Not sure the remaining 60 will be as competitive now

True. Bath were playing well too. Right call on the red card and I expect Saints to make the extra man count.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13451 on: June 8, 2024, 04:22:33 pm »
All square and Bath playing superbly
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #13452 on: June 8, 2024, 04:57:32 pm »
That was so tense, what an effort for 60 minutes from Bath.

Possible knock on/offside at the end, feel like the ref didn’t want to pick on something so small at that point
« Last Edit: June 8, 2024, 05:02:13 pm by Elzar »

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13453 on: June 10, 2024, 12:34:11 pm »