Author Topic: New images of stadium design and redevelopment rumours  (Read 203203 times)

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New images of stadium design and redevelopment rumours
« Reply #360 on: March 28, 2011, 09:16:49 am »
This is from SwissRamble:

"(d) Spectator mix. Although the “prawn sandwich brigade” is roundly derided by the majority of fans, there’s little doubt that they allow football clubs to get more bang for their buck. Perhaps the best example here is Arsenal, whose move to the Emirates brought them far more premium priced seats and notably expanded corporate hospitality facilities. In fact, Arsenal make 35% of their match day revenue from just 9,000 premium seats at the Emirates. Clearly, you don’t want too many bankers and other corporate types killing the atmosphere at the ground, but an effective balance can be struck."

"(e) New stadium. Arsenal’s move to the Emirates more than doubled their match day revenue in 2006/07 from £44 million to £91 million, moving them four places up the main Money League from ninth to fifth. Sometimes, it is possible to expand the capacity of the current stadium, as Manchester United did in 2006/07, when they completed the upper quadrants at Old Trafford. However, the big money growth, especially for those clubs with smaller grounds, comes with a move to a larger, more modern stadium, which is why so many have been looking at such a possibility. However, as we have seen, there are many hurdles to overcome before successfully completing such a project."

"All of these factors produce vastly different match day revenues per match with Manchester United and Arsenal really coining it at around £3.5 million, while Tottenham and Manchester City earn considerably less at £1.5 million and £1 million respectively. Interestingly, Chelsea generate far more revenue (£2.4 million) than Liverpool (£1.6 million), even though their ground capacity is nearly 4,000 lower. If you ever wanted to understand why clubs are exploring other options, there’s the reason right there."

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/03/is-footballs-gravy-train-slowing-down.html
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #361 on: March 28, 2011, 10:19:20 am »
Interestingly, Chelsea generate far more revenue (£2.4 million) than Liverpool (£1.6 million), even though their ground capacity is nearly 4,000 lower. If you ever wanted to understand why clubs are exploring other options, there’s the reason right there."
A curious comment. Stamford Bridge is located in one of the most affluent areas in the world, let alone England. The option of charging Chelsea proces does not exist, the option of increased spectator number does.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #362 on: March 28, 2011, 10:59:41 am »
A curious comment. Stamford Bridge is located in one of the most affluent areas in the world, let alone England. The option of charging Chelsea proces does not exist, the option of increased spectator number does.

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of match day income - ticket revenue/ food & drink/ programmes / other merchandise etc. I doubt if the difference between Anfield and Stamford Bridge is just ticket prices.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: March 28, 2011, 11:05:34 am »

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of match day income - ticket revenue/ food & drink/ programmes / other merchandise etc. I doubt if the difference between Anfield and Stamford Bridge is just ticket prices.

Agree with Alan, suspect there's more than just ticket prices between the two.

Also, my theory is that Anfield already caters for most (but not all) 'mid-range' fans but that we don't make enough of 2 key areas

1 - Kids, cheaper seats for the next generation

2 - Corporates, more expensive seats for the high rollers, we need more boxes & more 'premium' seating.

I'm sure there's more than that too...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 11:07:51 am by Mal »
@ManifoldReasons

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: March 28, 2011, 11:14:23 am »
1 of these please, Seated though obviously

Extremely beautiful. And their fans are great. Great club overall.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: March 28, 2011, 11:15:26 am »
"Matchday revenue" includes everything, I agree. These are Chelsea's current ticket prices:
http://www.chelseafc.com/page/TicketPrices/0,,10268,00.html
For our non match day support these are ours:
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/tickets/ticket-prices
But the real premium is on boxes/meal/hospitality packages.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: March 28, 2011, 11:17:32 am »
"Matchday revenue" includes everything, I agree. These are Chelsea's current ticket prices:
http://www.chelseafc.com/page/TicketPrices/0,,10268,00.html
For our non match day support these are ours:
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/tickets/ticket-prices
But the real premium is on boxes/meal/hospitality packages.

And that's where the real money in any redevelopment is to be made. Also, best to start with the Anny Rd, kicks out the away fans & it's notoriously quiet down there so it won't make too much difference to the atmosphere  :P
@ManifoldReasons

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #367 on: March 28, 2011, 11:47:31 am »

Also, my theory is that Anfield already caters for most (but not all) 'mid-range' fans but that we don't make enough of 2 key areas

1 - Kids, cheaper seats for the next generation

2 - Corporates, more expensive seats for the high rollers, we need more boxes & more 'premium' seating.

Whilst we're selling out every week I'm sure the lack of kids seats don't really affect our revenue that much. In fact if you are selling out every week it would be silly financially to have 'kids' seats when parents are prepared to pay full whack. Although I suppose that could be countered by the fact kids are more likely to buy merchandise...

Offline Mal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: March 28, 2011, 12:06:47 pm »
Whilst we're selling out every week I'm sure the lack of kids seats don't really affect our revenue that much. In fact if you are selling out every week it would be silly financially to have 'kids' seats when parents are prepared to pay full whack. Although I suppose kids are more likely to buy merchandise...

The pedant in me can't help but point out that we don't sell out every week, virtually every week I grant you but not every week... (European games this season being a particular issue).

And whilst I agree that discounting seats that would've been bought by a grown up is a bit daft financially we do need to encourage more kids through the turnstiles, after all they're the future of the club.

All I'm trying to advocate is that when the new ground is built (or when anfield is redevloped) that an all-round 'balanced' pricing strategy is in place. One that makes macthes affordable for your average punter (i.e. no major hike in prices) but also makes sure that the future is taken care of (e.g. cheaper entry for kids like the old boys pen - not that I'm old enough to have gone in there you understand...) and that those who can afford to pay more (e.g. high-rollers & corporate entertainment) have packages to suit their requirements too.

Also worth a thought are the 1000's of OOT's who travel to the get the game. I know from personal experience that getting even basic food can be a pain (long queues at the chippies on walton breck rd, even longer queues at the kiosks in the ground), so if there was a package that offered some food  & a drink (nothing fancy, pie & chips type stuff) 30-45 mins before kick off then there'd be more than a few who might pay £45 rather than £35 just because they know that they'll get some food before the match, this is espcially true for evening matches. Does the club still do the 'reds bar' packages in the centenary (I've used it in the past), even if they do how well publicised/marketed is it? - If we're looking to fill extra capacity all options should be considered...

I'm just trying to think of different ways of skinning a punter cat. These extra £10's all add up...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 12:09:10 pm by Mal »
@ManifoldReasons

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: March 28, 2011, 12:12:51 pm »
Whilst we're selling out every week I'm sure the lack of kids seats don't really affect our revenue that much. In fact if you are selling out every week it would be silly financially to have 'kids' seats when parents are prepared to pay full whack. Although I suppose that could be countered by the fact kids are more likely to buy merchandise...
People say we couldn't fill a 60k or 70k stadium.

If that's the case then we could just decrease ticket prices.

45 000 X £42 = £1 890 000
70 000 X £27 = £1 890 000

£15 cheaper on average equals the same revenue income. Of course the club still makes more money because there's an extra 25 000 people buying a pie and drink at half time.

Else they could drop the price by £5 or so to get as close to capacity with adults as possible and fill the rest with kids. As you say, will likely get more merchandise sales out of the kids. Also, these are our future regular match goers. Rather get the youngsters watching the Reds than the Blues! ;)
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #370 on: March 28, 2011, 12:51:13 pm »
The pedant in me can't help but point out that we don't sell out every week, virtually every week I grant you but not every week... (European games this season being a particular issue).

And whilst I agree that discounting seats that would've been bought by a grown up is a bit daft financially we do need to encourage more kids through the turnstiles, after all they're the future of the club.

All I'm trying to advocate is that when the new ground is built...

Yeah I think this season has been particularly bad though with the financial crisis, the owners, Europa League, Roy etc. Can't remember too many times the ground was empty in previous seasons. Really my response was just meant to justify why with the current facilities we don't cater for everybody- i.e. because we don't need too.

Really I agree with you, when we get 60,000 (through whatever means) we should look at our options and have a rethink. I'd hate an empty ground every week.

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #371 on: March 28, 2011, 12:51:41 pm »
How does the cost of any redevelopment have a effect on the new fair play rules? Is it shown as debt which will effect our transfer budget?
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #372 on: March 28, 2011, 01:01:15 pm »
How does the cost of any redevelopment have a effect on the new fair play rules? Is it shown as debt which will effect our transfer budget?

Think it is completely separate.

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice to mole you....I mean meet you
« Reply #373 on: March 28, 2011, 01:01:51 pm »

Unfortunately, the answer is corporate boxes. I think its something silly like they have 10 for every one we have.

Im probably thinking of The Emirates though
BETFAIR REFERRAL CODE:  6GRRJ3CQV

Money for me and you!!

Offline babraham

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: March 28, 2011, 01:19:52 pm »
Unfortunately, the answer is corporate boxes. I think its something silly like they have 10 for every one we have.

Im probably thinking of The Emirates though
This is one of the big problems with redevelopment over a new stadium. Capacity is only a part of why we lose out on revenue. The corporate stuff is vital!

As the SwissRamble quote says "Arsenal make 35% of their match day revenue from just 9,000 premium seats at the Emirates"!!!

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: March 28, 2011, 01:47:45 pm »
Yes, but the demand for corporate hospitality is insane in London because it is London. That (unfortunately, and against whatever I or anyone else believes in) is the way it is in this country. Big businesses aren't going to spend 2.5 hours on the train to Anfield for a jolly or a client entertaining meeting when they can get a 20 minute taxi to Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea.

I seriously doubt our ability to sell London amounts of hospitality for similar prices. If they built an exact replica of Arsenal's stadium for the same price they paid in Stanley Park we still wouldn't make the same money Arsenal do as we wouldn't be able to command the same prices for either regular or hospitality seating.

Offline Mal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: March 28, 2011, 01:58:24 pm »
This is one of the big problems with redevelopment over a new stadium. Capacity is only a part of why we lose out on revenue. The corporate stuff is vital!

As the SwissRamble quote says "Arsenal make 35% of their match day revenue from just 9,000 premium seats at the Emirates"!!!

He does (& lets face it, being a Gooner, he'd know). I don't think that fact necessarily rules out a re-development though.

***ALERT - Speculative nonsense follows***

IF (big if), the rumours are true and the Anny Rd is the most likely candidate, it currently holds 9k (approx), & again IF the rumours are true, that Anfield Rd itself can be re-routed a touch so that the Anny Rd end can be deeper it's not beyond the realm of possibility that a new Rd end could introduce a whole load of new Corp. boxes and/or premium seating with catering ("Look at the View towards the kop" blah, blah, blah") & the result could be a high proportion of income from just one stand... (similar to Emirates & it's 9000 seats line of argument...)

Incidentally, Arsenal tried similar when they redeveloped the old Clock end at Highbury, we'd have to make a better job of that they did (terrible design) but that would be the model. If we're staying put I'd like the Rd end to have same no. standard seats with additonal premium seating & then some boxes. I'm not an architect so I don't know if there's room but surely it's got to be worth investigating? Especially if, as rumoured, the Anfield Rd itself can take a slight re-route...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 02:01:01 pm by Mal »
@ManifoldReasons

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #377 on: March 28, 2011, 02:19:48 pm »

Nice post, sums it up well. I think a point to note is that the owners reasons for redevelopment and the fans reasons for redevelopment do not coincide. One the owners side redevelopment is the cheaper financial option since they can do it piecemeal when they have money. From the fans perspective its an emotional tie they are unwilling to break. However, this is all dandy while their objective is shared, however with such an approach it seems inevitable that differences in attitudes and opinions will eventually see tensions arise.

Also, I think one other important factor (though some will no doubt shoot this down) is that in attracting players when not playing European football, pointing to a shining brand new stadium shows a commitment to forward thinking and future planning that would impress most. Pointing to a clapped out old building with a lick of paint across the front in the middle of a run down area is not exactly conducive to attracting players who might view the club as on the wane.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Mal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: March 28, 2011, 02:41:42 pm »
Nice post, sums it up well. I think a point to note is that the owners reasons for redevelopment and the fans reasons for redevelopment do not coincide. One the owners side redevelopment is the cheaper financial option since they can do it piecemeal when they have money. From the fans perspective its an emotional tie they are unwilling to break. However, this is all dandy while their objective is shared, however with such an approach it seems inevitable that differences in attitudes and opinions will eventually see tensions arise.

Also, I think one other important factor (though some will no doubt shoot this down) is that in attracting players when not playing European football, pointing to a shining brand new stadium shows a commitment to forward thinking and future planning that would impress most. Pointing to a clapped out old building with a lick of paint across the front in the middle of a run down area is not exactly conducive to attracting players who might view the club as on the wane.

I presume you didn't know/realise that the post you link to gives the pro/cons for three options proposed by from an architectural firm run by Ian Ritchie, this company isn't working for the LFC - on the companies own website (http://www.sports-stadia.co.uk) they've attributed those plans to his son (who isn't even a qualified architect). Accordingly, whilst they could be interesting they actually don't mean anything because we haven't heard a peep from the club about the options that they are considering...

Also, it's been stated in this thread by several people who work in this area that a redevelopment might not be cheaper, indeed because of the logistical issues & the threat of the unknown when working with & so close to old structures, it could easily turn out to be more expensive. As for the fans not being willing to break an emotional tie, if you look in this thread there are plenty who really, really want a new stadium, perhaps not that one but still want a new one.

Finally, as for attracting players, it's a bit abstract but don't you think that most players are motivated by the name Anfield itself? Sure a new stadium might be shiny & exciting but I don't agree with your characterisation of redevelopment of Anfield as "a clapped out old building with a lick of paint across the front in the middle of a run down area".

I guess time will tell, I'm anxious to see FSG's plans.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 06:34:05 pm by Mal »
@ManifoldReasons

Offline TheMightyReds

• Full of B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T ;)
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #379 on: March 28, 2011, 05:58:17 pm »
Redevelopment is good only if the disruption can be kept to a minimum of 2 years. It also costs a lot to replace the three stands, and we are practically looking at a new stadium then with less facilities and less of a chance for future growth. Don't see the point. Why not just move 500 yards?

If the costs can somehow be kept down, and work beginning on say Annie road End from Winter 2012 with completion in a few months then that would be ideal. You have the extra revenue from that stand, and then work can begin the following winter for the next stand. It should be a gradual process, and the risks would be lower and costs and loss of revenue would also be lower.

It could work, but it is risky, and i hope that the club do extensive research and look at the findings previously also. Another point to consider is that we should really be factoring in drinks/snack in price of a ticket. Thus give people the option at first hand on the website, have a line of shops under the stadium if possible. Something radical would need to be done to bridge the gap between our revenue from home game to our rivals.

Offer the shirt as a reduced price if you but a top ticket in the ground, lots of different incentives can be sought.

Offline mark82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #380 on: March 28, 2011, 07:28:49 pm »
Yes, but the demand for corporate hospitality is insane in London because it is London. That (unfortunately, and against whatever I or anyone else believes in) is the way it is in this country. Big businesses aren't going to spend 2.5 hours on the train to Anfield for a jolly or a client entertaining meeting when they can get a 20 minute taxi to Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea.

I seriously doubt our ability to sell London amounts of hospitality for similar prices. If they built an exact replica of Arsenal's stadium for the same price they paid in Stanley Park we still wouldn't make the same money Arsenal do as we wouldn't be able to command the same prices for either regular or hospitality seating.

Thought I read something about a cruise ships etc soon been allowed at port or some sort of commerce deal. Surely something like this would help.

Offline MurfySmurfy

• Main Stander
« Reply #381 on: March 28, 2011, 08:43:16 pm »

I think thats a little negative, fair enough the UK is very centralised with regards to big business but I think you're underestimating the region as a whole, plenty of Liverpool/ North West businesses may have clients visiting from all over the UK. I'm certain improved commercial facilities at Anfield or a new stadium would be a big draw, plus there are plans in the works for a major new exhibition centre next to the echo arena, further enhancing the corporate market.

Offline xerxes1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: March 28, 2011, 10:38:15 pm »

All I'm trying to advocate is that when the new ground is built (or when anfield is redevloped) that an all-round 'balanced' pricing strategy is in place. One that makes macthes affordable for your average punter (i.e. no major hike in prices) but also makes sure that the future is taken care of (e.g. cheaper entry for kids like the old boys pen - not that I'm old enough to have gone in there you understand...) and that those who can afford to pay more (e.g. high-rollers & corporate entertainment) have packages to suit their requirements too.

Also worth a thought are the 1000's of OOT's who travel to the get the game. I know from personal experience that getting even basic food can be a pain (long queues at the chippies on walton breck rd, even longer queues at the kiosks in the ground), so if there was a package that offered some food  & a drink (nothing fancy, pie & chips type stuff) 30-45 mins before kick off then there'd be more than a few who might pay £45 rather than £35 just because they know that they'll get some food before the match, this is espcially true for evening matches. Does the club still do the 'reds bar' packages in the centenary (I've used it in the past), even if they do how well publicised/marketed is it? - If we're looking to fill extra capacity all options should be considered...

I'm just trying to think of different ways of skinning a punter cat. These extra £10's all add up...

A fair post.

My view is that the big latent demand is for season tickets, not  match day tickets. 23,000 ( I had thought it was 26,000) is ludicrously low for a club of our size.

What is beyond doubt is that the club has lacked visionary leadership at Board level for 20 years. Let's see how FSG shape up.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #383 on: March 29, 2011, 10:43:20 am »
alot steeper than the Kop aswell so the Views are probably better

The only thing i dont like about Dortmund's ground is the gaping gaps in each corner

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
« Reply #384 on: March 29, 2011, 11:33:27 am »
I went on the Anfield Tour last Thursday. (Decided that the time was right to make my bird go and pay homage to my other bird).

The tour guide was saying that if the development goes ahead (and he said that the new owners were being very open minded with all options) then the main stand is the first thing that is going to be getting improved.

He was saying united have 150 executive boxes and Arsenal have around 130. He said that we've got 32 and two of them are the larger one's (one of which is used for sky and match day broadcasting).

He said that to get a box for the season at Anfield was £64000 for the season and that Glen Johnson, Gerrard and that bloke who plays for Chelsea have all got a box there).

He made it clear in no uncertain terms that the demand for the corporate was there but the stadium can't facilitate the demand and that every match day that the club is having to turn away around 25000 fans (for match day tickets) because they haven't got the seats.

I'm glad FSG are accessing all the options but I sadly think that we'll end up getting a new ground because it will be easier to faciltate to the modern demands of a stadium rather than trying to fit the new things required into Anfield.
Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #385 on: March 29, 2011, 12:02:13 pm »

He made it clear in no uncertain terms that the demand for the corporate was there but the stadium can't facilitate the demand and that every match day that the club is having to turn away around 25000 fans (for match day tickets) because they haven't got the seats.

What a load of bollocks.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: March 29, 2011, 12:19:08 pm »
What a load of bollocks.

I think the tour guide probably meant 'Upto 25,000' which would be the case for some games.  We could easily fill a 70,000 stadium for the likes of Everton and Man Utd, but yeah for the likes of West Brom etc its clearly bollocks.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: March 29, 2011, 02:14:48 pm »
Or was it a reference to our season ticket holder waiting list perhaps?
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #388 on: March 29, 2011, 02:22:03 pm »
Or was it a reference to our season ticket holder waiting list perhaps?

One thing about the season ticket waiting list: Everyone talks about it as if there are 25,000 who don't go to the game at the moment because they haven't got season tickets.

I haven't put my name on the season ticket waiting list because at the moment I only make 10 games a year maximum, but I'd guess that most of those on the season ticket still go to the match and buy tickets on a match-by-match basis.

Anyone who has applied for a season ticket and can't be arsed to go until they get one can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #389 on: March 29, 2011, 02:56:31 pm »
One thing about the season ticket waiting list: Everyone talks about it as if there are 25,000 who don't go to the game at the moment because they haven't got season tickets.

I haven't put my name on the season ticket waiting list because at the moment I only make 10 games a year maximum, but I'd guess that most of those on the season ticket still go to the match and buy tickets on a match-by-match basis.

Anyone who has applied for a season ticket and can't be arsed to go until they get one can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

I bet a large chunk of those 25k don't go to many (or any) games at all. While I bet there are some, like yourself, who make more than half the home games. And some who go to them all.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #390 on: March 29, 2011, 03:05:31 pm »
Maybe some people find it easier to apply for a season ticket and wait rather than try get tickets every week, but mind you saying that how many sold out games have we had this season?

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #391 on: March 29, 2011, 03:20:50 pm »
Was just looking at Chelsea's pricing, there most expensive ticket is £61 to sit in the east upper stand our most expensive is £46

Easy to see where they make more money than us!

There matchday hospitality most expensive package is against Man united in the champions league and the gold package is £995! our most expensive one is £245

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #392 on: March 29, 2011, 03:21:58 pm »
Was just looking at Chelsea's pricing, there most expensive ticket is £61 to sit in the east upper stand our most expensive is £46

Easy to see where they make more money than us!

There matchday hospitality most expensive package is against Man united in the champions league and the gold package is £995! our most expensive one is £245

The corporate ticket market in London is mental. It does not transfer well out of the city.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #393 on: March 29, 2011, 03:40:44 pm »
tell me bout it! Just looked at Arsenal's matchday hospitality package for against us, £15,000+VAT for a 15 seater executive box

Club arsenal package is £550 per person

To be fair though there facilities are top class! Just look at this
http://www.arsenal.com/hospitality/events/matchday-hospitality/the-heritage-package

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #394 on: March 29, 2011, 04:13:15 pm »
Liverpool is 180 miles from Battersea Heliport by road. Helicopters have a cruising speed of around 200mph. There is some scope for the seriously top end hospitality - but that would need CL glamour ties to be able to shift that.

It would also need to be obscenely expensive to ameliorate the fan reaction.

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #395 on: March 29, 2011, 07:23:15 pm »

Probably true on a few accounts but i think you need to factor in those who like me to a certain extent cant be bothered with the whole ticket process. Say what you like about the PTS membership but over a 5 year period i got tickets to everygame i wanted to go to. Roughly 10-12 league games a season plus a few cup matches here and there. The PTS was scrapped in the same season i got married so the match had to go on the back burner for a while. I agree that tickets are easier to come by this year but i dont have hours on end to try and get match tickets over the phone on internet . Proper pain in the arse, throw in hodge plodge and a couple of bad results and the demand drops off. Now if i had the chance of buying a season ticket in July i would of been in my seat week in week out.

The whole membership set up needs a review. Most clubs offer some sort of membership scheme to reward loyality and we offer very little in that respect.

As for the season ticket waiting list its pointless. The 25,000 who receive  a letter if it arrives, will all take up the option and pay the £5 just on the off chance in the near or far future might wing its wasy through the letterbox.  Circumstances change.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 07:24:52 pm by scouse29 »
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: March 29, 2011, 07:32:31 pm »
Probably true on a few accounts but i think you need to factor in those who like me to a certain extent cant be bothered with the whole ticket process. Say what you like about the PTS membership but over a 5 year period i got tickets to everygame i wanted to go to. Roughly 10-12 league games a season plus a few cup matches here and there. The PTS was scrapped in the same season i got married so the match had to go on the back burner for a while. I agree that tickets are easier to come by this year but i dont have hours on end to try and get match tickets over the phone on internet . Proper pain in the arse, throw in hodge plodge and a couple of bad results and the demand drops off. Now if i had the chance of buying a season ticket in July i would of been in my seat week in week out.

The whole membership set up needs a review. Most clubs offer some sort of membership scheme to reward loyality and we offer very little in that respect.

As for the season ticket waiting list its pointless. The 25,000 who receive  a letter if it arrives, will all take up the option and pay the £5 just on the off chance in the near or far future might wing its wasy through the letterbox.  Circumstances change.

for the majority of games this season it has been a piece of piss to buy them online. done and dusted by 8.30am in most cases. its usually only the big games where the demand is huge that the system goes tits up and you have to spend hours refreshing online or on the phones.

you only have to look at the ticket threads to see how easy it has been for most games.

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #397 on: March 29, 2011, 07:48:20 pm »
for the majority of games this season it has been a piece of piss to buy them online. done and dusted by 8.30am in most cases. its usually only the big games where the demand is huge that the system goes tits up and you have to spend hours refreshing online or on the phones.

you only have to look at the ticket threads to see how easy it has been for most games.

I take your word for it but not in a position due to work committments to do either.
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: March 29, 2011, 08:36:52 pm »

You're discounting OOT fans though, tens of thousand fly to Old Trafford every second week from Ireland because it's easier to get tickets, because it's easier to get tickets Ryanair put on more flights and because they put on more flights it's cheaper to fly to Manchester than it is to fly to Liverpool.

If you build it they will come.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: March 29, 2011, 09:34:19 pm »
no offence, but thats bollocks. i live in Belfast and fly over to games, home and away. easyjet have about 7 flights a day from belfast to liverpool while flybe also fly from belfast to liverpool.

on a matchday the first two easyjet flights out of belfast are full of liverpool supporters. if you book flights as soon as the fixtures are announced / changed for tv they are relatively cheap. thats not even taking into consideration those who travel on the ferries from both belfast and dublin.

irish based supporters are well aware that tickets are available for games at anfield, there just hasn't been as much interest this season as before. that seems to be the case across the board though. i used to get asked for tickets left, right and centre but this season there have been times when i couldn't give tickets away.

a lot of the united supporters use easyjet from belfast to liverpool when going to OT, then get the terravision bus to manchester. thats what we do for the mancs away game. there aren't that many flights that go from belfast to manchester and they're usually at shit times at the weekend.