Author Topic: Golf Betting Thread  (Read 231198 times)

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Golf Betting Thread
« Reply #280 on: April 17, 2011, 10:12:55 am »
Get paid. If Scott wins I'll be gutted I never did the double.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: April 17, 2011, 11:01:53 am »
Good shout Phil et al on Manesaro.

Not much to shout about with my picks this week. Although I have got shares in my mates EW bet on Pat Perez in the US event.

Offline JM10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: April 17, 2011, 10:38:26 pm »
Bugger, Hoffman finished just a shot behind in tied 2nd. Great putt from Steele to win it to be fair.
Twitter

Betfair referral code: 7X3XLFRPH

Offline 81a

• From Speke to Bootle via Broad Green. All aboard!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: April 18, 2011, 01:57:35 am »
RAWK Double this week - If it was real money I think the concensus would be to make it an e/w double but for the sake of consistancy we'll stick with the win double.

8x9 = 72 £1 doubles.

Texas Open - Scott, Levin, Leishman, Vegas, Hoffmann, Van Pelt, Lunde, Walker

Malasyian Open Oosthuizen ,Manasero, Noh, Hansen, Rock, Davies, Lafeber, Kang, Van Zyl

Just missed it this week. Manasero @28/1 ( well done Hightown Phil and Adam R) obliged and JM10's selection of Charlie Hoffman placed second @ 40/1.

Lehman never showed up at the Seniors tournament. Pleased to say that wasn't the only treble that got wrecked this weekend.

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: April 18, 2011, 08:01:56 am »
This golf betting is boss.

Manassero is going to be some player, he's already brilliant now.  Second time I have had a win off this kid.

Well done Phil as well. 

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: April 18, 2011, 09:14:11 am »
This golf betting is boss.

Manassero is going to be some player, he's already brilliant now.  Second time I have had a win off this kid.

Well done Phil as well. 

High Five Brother.

Offline 81a

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: April 18, 2011, 02:31:57 pm »

Week one our hypothetical doubles bet on a  £1 stake was  £100 - Return =  £0

Week two - Stake  £244 - Return =  £ 1340

Week 3 in the RAWK hypothetical double - Stake £72 - Return = £0

Week 3 - For future reference - 28/1 winner + 40/1 second.

Total so far = £ 416 stake - Return = £ 1340
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 02:39:06 pm by 81a »

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: April 19, 2011, 09:04:36 am »
Going to the well once again with Luke Donald this weekend, 10/1  at a course he's finished top 3 the last two years, came 4th at The Masters and he's in great form. He'll be winning very soon and assuming he plays there he'll be a great bet at Wentworth next month.

In the European I'm on Rhys Davies who's in a good bit of form after that Morocco play off defeat the other week (35/1) and Chris Wood at 50/1.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: April 19, 2011, 12:58:47 pm »
I'm having another crack at Boo Weekley in the Heritage.  Boo REALLY does like this event and won it twice in 2007 & 2008, 13th in 2009 and 12th in 2010.  Admittedly he has been pretty damn awful of late but still stands 5th in the GIR stats for the 25 rounds he has played this season.  Harbour Town was ranked the 2nd most difficult course in GIR last season!!

My other main bet is a guy Ive never backed before. Matt Kuchar at a bit too short a price but the guy is certainly consistent and I reckon this course will suit his methodical game.

Mains:
Boo Weekley (EW) 100-1 Betfair
Matt Kuchar 16-1 Most bookies

On a side note I really liked the way Scott Verplank played the other week in Houston and was unlucky to come up against a red hot Phil Mickelson or he may just have won it.

Not backed Verplank since 2004 in the Ford at Doral when he was in a playoff against Craig Parry.  The fat Aussie c*nt holed out for an eagle on the first play off hole from 179 yrds. Cost me about a grand that did in the days before the wonderful Betfair and laying opportunities. ;D

Smaller EW hit on Verplank at 100/15.5 Betfiar.

Edit: couldn't resist the 125-1 on offer for Brian Davies too.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 02:45:49 pm by Buck Pete »

Offline 81a

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: April 19, 2011, 02:46:38 pm »
Yang & Garcia in Europe

Van Pelt 40/1 likes the course. Jason Day 28/1

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 02:51:16 pm by 81a »

Offline 81a

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: April 19, 2011, 05:42:26 pm »
Will Fredrick Anderson get his Hed together this week in China.

He has shot some shocking scores in the first round of his last 3 tournaments. Then he goes and shoots around 5 shots better in the second rd. It's becomin a pattern. If he shoots 75+ on Thursday I'll back him in the 3 balls on Friday.   ;D

Morroco - 75 - 70
Andulacia - 77 - 67
Sicilian - 79-74

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 05:45:02 pm by 81a »

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: April 19, 2011, 06:07:46 pm »
Yeah but his scores in his second rounds (two of them) are still average and shit. haha

Depends who he is up with of course.

Will post my thoughts on them both later but obviously Donald is the choice, although I may leave him till after the first round and hope there's some divvy 6 or 7  shots clear of him.  Gregory Havret looks Massive in China

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: April 19, 2011, 10:30:42 pm »
Early thoughts in China.  3 players who have caught my eye.

Danny Willett, Gregory Havret and Pablo Martin

Looking over on the PGA I have had a look at Poulter, Fowler and McDowell.  I will back Donald is he is a few shots off and better odds.  He is at 9's and I can't bet a single odds player in golf!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 10:55:29 pm by AdamR »

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: April 20, 2011, 11:57:59 am »
In China I'm doing Cabrera-Bello as I'm sure he's close to  a win.  Also doing Chinese number 1 Liang wen-chong, who has won over this course before.

Cabrera Bello - 25-1
Wen-Chong 40-1

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: April 20, 2011, 01:27:17 pm »
Baddeley in the Heritage and Yang in the China Open.

Both have won the tournament before, and both have played very well this year. If Yang is fully fit then the 12/1 looks pretty big, class above the field.
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #295 on: April 20, 2011, 03:36:01 pm »
Had an each way double up last week with Noren and Hoffman.
This week gone for Rhys Davies and Johann Edfors in China, and Bo Van Pelt and Heath Slocum in the US.
Each Way singles and Doubles.

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: April 20, 2011, 05:05:10 pm »
Heritage - Mcdowell (28/1), Poulter (40/1) and Couch (80/1)

China Open - Willett (40/1), Havret (80/1) and Martin (100/1)

Offline 81a

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: April 20, 2011, 05:32:15 pm »
Week 4 in the RAWK hypothetical double -  11 x 11 doubles Stake £121

Still waiting for JM10 - Early start again this week but if he posts before the off - I'll modify this later.

Heritage - Mcdowell , Poulter, Couch ,Van Pelt, Slocum , Baddeley, Day, Weekly, Kuchar, Donald, Mollinari

China Open - Willett , Havret,, Martin , Davies, Edfors , Yang, Liang wen-chong, Garcia, Wood, Cabrera-Bello, McGowan

Harrington and Furyk suprise omisions but I think we are close to having this covered. Although it might not reap much of a profit.

Good luck to all.

Modified to add JM10's picks of Mollinari and McGowan

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:26:58 pm by 81a »

Offline JM10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: April 21, 2011, 12:24:39 am »
China Open - Just about to go for Noren and McGowan but PP has withdrawn the market. Think the odds were 28/1 and 125/1.

Edit: On at those prices at William Hill, will add my heritage picks at some point.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:30:21 am by JM10 »
Twitter

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: April 21, 2011, 01:15:47 am »
81a and Gianni

I respect your golf knowledge and all..but.. If Yang makes the cut I'll show my arse in Burton's window.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: April 21, 2011, 08:10:03 am »
Think there is a problem with the leaderboard from China on the European Tour website but Yang is 8-1 Fav on Betfair.

Looks like he will be making the cut and I will be showing my arse in Burtons window.

sorry I was drunk. Sunshine and beer after work scrambled my brain. ;D

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: April 21, 2011, 08:11:27 am »
^I don't quite get that?

Yang is a great player and an ex USPGA champion.  Is there a reason why he wouldn't make the cut?

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: April 21, 2011, 08:12:03 am »
Haha
Just read that now.

I was wondering why he wouldn't make the cut.

Anyway yahoo leaderboard looks decent.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: April 21, 2011, 08:31:04 am »
^I don't quite get that?

Yang is a great player and an ex USPGA champion.  Is there a reason why he wouldn't make the cut?

Michael Campbell and Mike Weir are major champions and they don't make the cut week after week. Although Campbell is showing some form now.

What I said about Yang in a drunken haze last night wasnt actually completley random and i do actually know he is a good player but I had a feeling he picked up some kind of Injury at Augusta and thought he may just be filling his obligations playing in the Volvo.

obviously not as he appears to be going well. fair play to him ;D

Offline JM10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: April 21, 2011, 10:45:06 am »
Good to see McGowan up there at -5 in China. Gone for the very obvious pick of Luke Donald in The Heritage, as well as Molinari @33/1
Twitter

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: April 21, 2011, 11:09:06 am »
Michael Campbell and Mike Weir are major champions and they don't make the cut week after week. Although Campbell is showing some form now.

What I said about Yang in a drunken haze last night wasnt actually completley random and i do actually know he is a good player but I had a feeling he picked up some kind of Injury at Augusta and thought he may just be filling his obligations playing in the Volvo.

obviously not as he appears to be going well. fair play to him ;D

My point being Yang is making cuts all the time, whereas Weir/Campbell don't as they are hit and miss...More miss!!
Campbells picking up a bit of form again which is good to see though.

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: April 21, 2011, 01:45:18 pm »
I dont believe it both my picks in China shot a 68.  For once my European tour isn't over after the first round!!

Cheers for the links 51cam but not needed. Us lot on here are fcking golf tipping masters!!

Only joking mate - welcome to the thread :wave

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: April 21, 2011, 03:42:24 pm »
Lol. Thanks Pete. In that case maybe you lot will teach me a thing or two! ;) Kicking myself for overlooking Campbell AGAIN. Expect him to fall away though. I'm on Yang EW and Berra Top Spanish in China and Donald EW and Kucher EW for the Heritage.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: April 21, 2011, 06:11:33 pm »
Excellent inward 9 there for Donald. 8)

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #310 on: April 21, 2011, 06:15:33 pm »
Excellent inward 9 there for Donald. 8)

Lovely finish. On him and Simon Dyson this week. Meant to post yesterday but didnt have time last night, and then forgot about it. May start getting involved with the golf more often again.
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: April 21, 2011, 07:43:51 pm »
Cracking -4 for Verplank. He is steady a rock on courses like this.  A thinking man's course this.

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: April 21, 2011, 07:47:20 pm »
After setting up a blog recently. Just some articles on golf and rugby tips so far. I'm a trainee sports journalist so if I can accumulate some followers may stand to me in the future. Any feedback is welcome. Articles are up on the China and Heritage. Played it safe. Tipped both Donald and Yang. First time in a while I really fancied two favorites in the one week.

Anyway, enjoy and any feedback is welcome.

http://cmccbettingtips.blogspot.com/

Offline 81a

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: April 21, 2011, 08:09:32 pm »
Right couple of Haas's having a good start to this event. Both 3 under playing the much tougher back 9 first.

After setting up a blog recently. Just some articles on golf and rugby tips so far. I'm a trainee sports journalist so if I can accumulate some followers may stand to me in the future. Any feedback is welcome. Articles are up on the China and Heritage. Played it safe. Tipped both Donald and Yang. First time in a while I really fancied two favorites in the one week.

Anyway, enjoy and any feedback is welcome.

http://cmccbettingtips.blogspot.com/

Best of luck with that mate. Nicely laid out. Just need a few winners to get some regular followers.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 08:23:25 pm by 81a »

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: April 21, 2011, 08:37:38 pm »
Right couple of Haas's having a good start to this event. Both 3 under playing the much tougher back 9 first.
Best of luck with that mate. Nicely laid out. Just need a few winners to get some regular followers.

Cheers mate! Appreciate it. Have had a few nice winners in the rugby but just breaking with the golf so far. Hopefully one or two results this weekend.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: April 22, 2011, 11:47:29 am »
My point being Yang is making cuts all the time,

Missed it by a country mile.

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #316 on: April 22, 2011, 06:33:54 pm »
Donald just birdied 1st and 2nd. Camilo with a lovely surge up to the top of the leaderboard today aswell. And to think I was asking people to talk me out of backing him on wed,ha.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: April 22, 2011, 07:47:51 pm »
Donald is on FIRE.

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #318 on: April 22, 2011, 08:22:55 pm »
Outright lead now after the front 9. Would like a bit better back 9 then he had yesterday though.

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: April 22, 2011, 10:28:07 pm »
Well in Luke! Delighted. I have Gainey for a Top 20 @ 6/1 as well. Currently tied 21. Exciting couple of days ahead.