Author Topic: Epic Swindle - the Judgement...  (Read 93583 times)

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
Re: Epic Swindle - the Judgement...
« Reply #880 on: April 20, 2011, 03:13:31 pm »
Where's the condemnation in the guy's post? If anything it's praise, albeit qualified by saying 'he's not Paisley', which he wasn't. Nowt wrong with it at all. Even the best part of a year after the fact, sensible people are getting all bent out of shape over not much at all.

Roy, I read that between the lines. The two sets of rules, one completely absolving blame for those who should have done more, then copiously listing the "mistakes" made by Rafa implicitly puts the blame on him.

I'm not unreasonable mate, I recognize that Rafa (and he'd admit this himself, and he has) made mistakes. Which manager doesn't?

But in the bigger scheme of things, I personally take affront to that post because of the double standards that is applied to the manager who was fighting for us, and to the local boys who were more interested in doing what they were paid to do.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

royhendo

« Reply #881 on: April 20, 2011, 03:14:04 pm »
So his controlling nature wasn't conducive to winning a title? Tell that to Ferguson.

He means it in a footballing sense, and it's fair comment. We were more than good enough to win it that year, which is fantastic, but hark back to Shanks1965's thread in the middle of that season. It was fair and reasoned comment then, and it remains fair and reasoned comment now. It's fair enough defending Rafa against utter nonsense, such as saying he *always* set his sides out defensively etc etc. But his need for control in certain situations restricted the team, and many of us felt that way at the time.

It almost won a title, and if he'd freed things up a little and maybe with the right investment and balance, we would have. But who knows now eh? Kenny's the manager.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #882 on: April 20, 2011, 03:14:45 pm »
So you can condemn Rafa for doing what he thought was best for the club , but not SG and JC. Interesting.
comment

I pointed out, in quite a balanced way where, in my opinion, Rafa made mistakes as a manager.  Maybe Rafa thought it was the right thing to play controled, semi defensive Football at home to lower teams. If it helps you take my comments more seriously Ill say that there isnt a man alive I would have in charge in a 2 legged European game than Rafa.

If SG & JC fuck up as players Ill say so. As for them keeping quiet, I dont think it can be proven to be a mistake. As we knwo Toress and Reina spoke out, but maybe if the 2 local lads did the media spotlight would have been on them ten fold and that may have effected their performance.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #883 on: April 20, 2011, 03:15:35 pm »
Has Rafa ever mentioned Dani Alves by name? He's brought up Malouda a fair bit (and Jovetic I think) but I don't remember hearing him mentioning Dani Alves by name.

It was quite a long list by the end - how may you could verify i'm not sure.

Kaladze
Barry
Upson / Turner
Silva

All had the plug pulled for one reason or another apparently
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #884 on: April 20, 2011, 03:15:49 pm »
When have I ever said Rafa is flawless? But yeah, keep putting words in my mouth to try and get your point across.

I never said that you called him flawless. Just that you act as such by getting incredibly defensive over anyone who was critical of him.

I can get my point across well enough I think. Whether you want to accept it or not is up to you :)
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #885 on: April 20, 2011, 03:16:02 pm »
You're seriously trying to undermine and contradict yourself. You apologize for basing your opinion while uninformed of the facts, then you say now you do not have an unbalanced view.

Unbalanced or not, you were at the least consistent for your attack on the man across the forums. Now thats no saving grace for you isn't it.

Appreciate yer point mate, for the record I wasn't 'attacking' the man at all. I wasn't aware of 'ALL' of the facts but who was I ask myself ?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #886 on: April 20, 2011, 03:16:16 pm »
Well if it helps I played my part in getting rid of the Yanks as well. Small yes but played my part. So not all bad mate ;)

Oh really. From what I and FS can remember, you were one of those trying to stymie our efforts. Defending the c*nt purslow. Don't see how you helped there.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #887 on: April 20, 2011, 03:18:46 pm »
Appreciate yer point mate, for the record I wasn't 'attacking' the man at all. I wasn't aware of 'ALL' of the facts but who was I ask myself ?

The symptoms were laid out for all to see. You'd have to try very hard to convince yourself otherwise that Rafa wasn't working in a conducive environment for winning things. Many of us saw it. Many else ignored the symptoms.
The man is a genius!

Offline WhiteHeat

• Legacy Fan
  • wants the traditions of LFC back.
« Reply #888 on: April 20, 2011, 03:19:19 pm »
I think we can read from this mornings extract that they did! It clearly says that after Athens 2007 they were desperate to get rid of him but obviously had to wait for the right time.

Yes Rafa fell out with H&G and their lapdog Purslow, but that was to fight for the future of our club and there is no shame in that. If H&G wanted to keep Rafa then Purslow would not have been so keen to fall out with him and brief the press against him. On the senior players issue, if the manager is backed by the board, then players will either back down or be sold. Its inevitable that players become restless and problematic if the manager is being undermined by his own board.

I think we owe Rafa a massive debt. If he had rolled over then we'd have been even more fucked by H&G

They may well have wanted him gone but when Broughton was appointed by RBS, he took charge of the day-to-day affairs, so they did not have the power to dismiss him, only Broughton did.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #889 on: April 20, 2011, 03:19:28 pm »
Oh really. From what I and FS can remember, you were one of those trying to stymie our efforts. Defending the c*nt purslow. Don't see how you helped there.

Thats just pure bollocks. Simple. If you want to PM me with evidence of that then please do.
I say PM because I dont want this thread locked. But please dont EVER suggest such bullshit without backing it up mate.
I was there emailing all sorts of c*nts from the start. Granted thats not exactly hard to do but never the less I was helping.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:21:37 pm by shelovesyou »
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #890 on: April 20, 2011, 03:20:15 pm »
He means it in a footballing sense, and it's fair comment. We were more than good enough to win it that year, which is fantastic, but hark back to Shanks1965's thread in the middle of that season. It was fair and reasoned comment then, and it remains fair and reasoned comment now. It's fair enough defending Rafa against utter nonsense, such as saying he *always* set his sides out defensively etc etc. But his need for control in certain situations restricted the team, and many of us felt that way at the time.

It almost won a title, and if he'd freed things up a little and maybe with the right investment and balance, we would have. But who knows now eh? Kenny's the manager.
Well I don't think we could have done much more that season. Even now considering our team back then, I still feel that Man United had a better overall 11 and certainly a better overall squad. Yet we finished only 4 points behind them with Gerrard and Torres only playing 14 games together in the league. Hard to criticise him for a controlling nature.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #891 on: April 20, 2011, 03:20:44 pm »

Roy you can't say it would definitely have won us the title, I would say we would have had a better chance to win it, but the key thing there is investment and balance, which is probably what Rafa wanted as he said himself he wanted certain players but was denied them.

Anyway as I said it's all been done to death.
There will always be people who are the first inline to take a shot at Rafa and there will always be people who defend him. There will always be people who think he did no wrong and there will always be people who think he could do no right.

Maybe my use of the word condemn was a bit harsh for Kennys Jacket, but I was just playing it off of his comment about SG and JC.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #892 on: April 20, 2011, 03:23:04 pm »
So, you're saying that if you are JC / SG, you'd rather your manager be sycophantic and pander to the cancers so that you'd be "in a happier, more stable environment", and that we can't put any blame on you?

What Im saying is Rafa had public spats with the owners, ALL the fault of the owner as we know he was working in very challanging environment. However who can judge how much Rafa taking the cancers on helped to get rid of them. It probably didn't.
We clearly underachieved during Rafa's last season. That would have been partly due to the infight political bullshit going on at the club. It clearly affected the players. 
I'm not saying that fergusons way is definately better than Rafa's, Im saying it's something to consider.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #893 on: April 20, 2011, 03:23:19 pm »
K'inell Shelovesyou said he called it wrong about Rafa give him a break he was there at the beginning till the end trying to oust Twat & Twit.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #894 on: April 20, 2011, 03:24:20 pm »
What Im saying is Rafa had public spats with the owners, ALL the fault of the owner as we know he was working in very challanging environment. However who can judge how much Rafa taking the cancers on helped to get rid of them. It probably didn't.
We clearly underachieved during Rafa's last season. That would have been partly due to the infight political bullshit going on at the club. It clearly affected the players. 
I'm not saying that fergusons way is definately better than Rafa's, Im saying it's something to consider.

Now this I take issue with. I think it was one of the main catalysts for people getting the cancers out.
They (or at least I) saw one of the only people willing to stand up to the cancers and I got behind it. It ultimately cost him his job.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #895 on: April 20, 2011, 03:24:55 pm »
K'inell Shelovesyou said he called it wrong about Rafa give him a break he was there at the beginning till the end trying to oust Twat & Twit.

Much appreciated mate. I was and the mere suggestion I was trying to stifle any attempts to do so really fucking offends me on a personal level.

Offline kopindian

• Legacy Fan
    • Films I Watch
« Reply #896 on: April 20, 2011, 03:26:11 pm »
As far as I'm aware, Pennant was back up to getting Danny Alves.
Wasn't it Simao that season?

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #897 on: April 20, 2011, 03:26:31 pm »
Thats just pure bollocks. Simple. If you want to PM me with evidence of that then please do.
I say PM because I dont want this thread locked. But please dont EVER suggest such bullshit without backing it up mate.
I was there emailing all sorts of c*nts from the start. Granted thats not exactly hard to do but never the less I was helping.

Those interested may peruse this thread. http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=265763.1000

Make what you will of this.

Thats all I want to say about this matter. I don't want this thread to be locked.
The man is a genius!

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #898 on: April 20, 2011, 03:29:33 pm »
Just pre-ordered Reade's book from Amazon and it's no.1 on the best sellers list.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/books/ref=pd_dp_ts_b_1

Sounds like an interesting read.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #899 on: April 20, 2011, 03:31:05 pm »
I never said that you called him flawless. Just that you act as such by getting incredibly defensive over anyone who was critical of him.

Seen as people are allowed to throw this stuff around, can the rest of us say you guys who think Rafa was flawless are shitting on his legacy?

@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #900 on: April 20, 2011, 03:31:10 pm »
Is everyone else going to read this straight away?

I'm definitely going to read it at some point, but frankly I'm not in a great rush to relive the Hicks and Gillett era. The past few months have been unbelievably cathartic just being able to enjoy football.

One for the summer transfer window I think.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #901 on: April 20, 2011, 03:32:38 pm »
Wasn't it Simao that season?
It might have been, I've mainly got the Dani Alves thing from all the rumours in the press at the time and also Guillem Balague's updated 'A Season On The Brink Book' - "Daniel Alves was the preferred option but was too expensive and Jermaine Pennant became a more than decent second choice"
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #902 on: April 20, 2011, 03:32:57 pm »
This is the problem. So much of history has been rewritten into myth. A load of us who spent years on that Off The Pitch thread will remember Rafa at one stage got into bed with Hicks. Used to talk about happy email contact with him blah de blah. I said at the time that I thought it was a marriage made of convenience - a way of trying to extract a transfer budget from the fat cancer's wallet. Was it a mistake? Possibly. We'll never know. Possibly not. It's pointless to go back now and submit everyone's actions to the microscope, just as it's ridiculous to paint the story in terms of a shining messiah who fought our battle for us. Everyone made mistakes. I made the mistake of discussing and not doing enough. Took Roy and Leo to galvanise us. So why don't we draw a line under it and move on. We've got the most inspirational manager in the bloody league in charge now, and by the looks of it, decent and ambitious owners. As Kenny said, this football club is not going to look back. This football club has its eyes set on a red horizon.

Juan - totally agree - we always said we wanted to talk about the football, and frankly it's a relief to be able to do so. & having said that, I'm out of here.

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #903 on: April 20, 2011, 03:32:57 pm »

I'd like to take up these two points. The first, I disagree completely. We know of the problems caused by the cancers only through the frustration of Rafa. Otherwise, we'd be none the wiser. To say he didn't help get rid of them is completely missing it. In fact I'd say he was the one who started the movement to get rid of them.

The second point, I take affront personally. If I knew Rafa was taking slur's approach and playing the groveling sycophant, I'd have wanted him out. I don't think that kind of behavior adheres to the ethos of this club. It might work for the mancs (they do what they're told), but if this is the club I know, it will not fly here.
The man is a genius!

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #904 on: April 20, 2011, 03:32:59 pm »
Those interested may peruse this thread. http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=265763.1000

Make what you will of this.

Thats all I want to say about this matter. I don't want this thread to be locked.

Bollocks again mate. This post (below) taken from that very thread, proves that I was only concerned that bombarding JOURNO's not BANKS or Hicks mates etc, MIGHT piss the JOURNO's off a tad with countless emails in their inbox's.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=260637.msg7150707#msg7150707
MASSIVE difference to what you are accusing me of.

Supporting Purslow eh ?

These emails should be targetting Purslow. Not the media. We need them on side more now than ever. A quick spam filter and all of these emails will be deleted.
You cant slag off the media and particular journo's one minute and then ask them to help us the next.
This is not going down well with the journo's at all.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:37:25 pm by shelovesyou »

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: April 20, 2011, 03:34:00 pm »

Acting as if someone/something flawless and calling them flawless is different. Few people will call someone flawless, but you'll act precious enough if someone is remotely critical.

This has got nothing to do with anything anyways. You were being a bit of a knob to someone who was big enough to change his mind. It's no surprise you get some absolute nutters on here who never climb down from their opinions, when they're abused as a result of doing so.

Don't ever be wrong on RAWK!

Offline mjgill85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bees? Beads?
« Reply #906 on: April 20, 2011, 03:34:00 pm »
How many times were we drawing at home and he brings on a centre mid, or worse fucking Nabil El Zar.
To be fair, bringing on El Zhar correlated with an improved result a few times in late 2008:

Sunderland away
Middlesbrough at home
Standard Liege at home
Wigan at home
Blackburn away

Not saying it was always the right decision, just that I remember considering him to be a bit of a lucky charm at the time 8)
@_michaelgill

Offline redtrev

• Running dog of CAPITALISM
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #907 on: April 20, 2011, 03:34:53 pm »

I think its a fair point re rafa being very rigid in some asbects of how he set his team baout doing their work.. How ever i dont think that that in itself can be seen as a negative. This is a guy who has proven himself with us and long before he arrived at liverpool playing or trying to play the same way really.... I mean i remember liverpool during a spell in 09 season i think when we hammer madrid utd and a few more in the space of a few weeks and it wasm done in a manner where defence and attack perfectly working in unison. The famous crushing machine we had witnessed at first hand 4-5 years previous when rafa s valencia team came to anfield and destroyed us for 90 minutes..

So you can t have it everyway.. Yes the guy did bring on some midfielders when we were drawing at home but have a look at the arsenal this season, theres a team full of attacking intent and still it the draws at home thats killing them..

Lads its my view for what is worth that rafa got shafted by the owners and senior managment team and by the very people he stuck up for the fans... I admire rafa benetiz hugely for the way he goes about his life and feel sad that he isnt involved in some shape or form with our club. I will never give up hope that he will be involved again... Wouldn t it be ironic if the king returned the favour....

Anyway love him and leave eh... Lets see what the kings man approach can yield...

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #908 on: April 20, 2011, 03:35:18 pm »
Is everyone else going to read this straight away?

I'm definitely going to read it at some point, but frankly I'm not in a great rush to relive the Hicks and Gillett era. The past few months have been unbelievably cathartic just being able to enjoy football.

One for the summer transfer window I think.

Probably will get it shipped over, since where I am, it won't be released until September.

But I strongly feel that FSG / John Henry will do well to read the book. Those who don't learn from history are bound to repeat it.
The man is a genius!

Offline mavuto

• Kemlynite
« Reply #909 on: April 20, 2011, 03:35:50 pm »
That's what I thought as well. Wasn't we supposed to be just 2m short on the price for Alves so that fell through and then we went for Pennant. You then have to wonder how come we overpaid by 2m for Babel, don't make sense, mind you in them 4 years not much did make sense.

Extract : From Wikipedia

In June 2006, Sevilla had agreed to sell Alves to Liverpool, but they were unable to match their asking price of around £8 million.[5] In December 2006, he signed a new contract with Sevilla, tying him to the club until 2012.[6] He had a successful 2006–07 season, making 47 appearances and scoring five goals. He also played in every one of Sevilla's UEFA Cup matches which the club went on to win.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Alves

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #910 on: April 20, 2011, 03:37:20 pm »
Bollocks again mate. This post (below) taken from that very thread, proves that I was only concerned that bombarding JOURNO's not BANKS or Hicks mates etc, MIGHT piss the JOURNO's off a tad with countless emails in their inbox's.

Supporting Purslow eh ?

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=260637.msg7150707#msg7150707
MASSIVE difference to what you are accusing me of.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=260637.msg7150746#msg7150746

Lets not get into a wrangling match. I'm going to let the reader judge for themselves.

I give you credit for owning up to your Rafa opinion. But it doesn't help now.
The man is a genius!

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #911 on: April 20, 2011, 03:37:20 pm »
Probably will get it shipped over, since where I am, it won't be released until September.

But I strongly feel that FSG / John Henry will do well to read the book. Those who don't learn from history are bound to repeat it.

I'm sure John Henry will read it for the PR lesson if for nothing else. Even if he was a LBO merchant who wanted to asset strip the club - which all evidence suggests he's nowhere near - he'd do well to read this just so he could keep his head down a bit. FSG come across as very slick in a PR sense. The other lot were... less so.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #912 on: April 20, 2011, 03:38:53 pm »
What Im saying is Rafa had public spats with the owners, ALL the fault of the owner as we know he was working in very challanging environment. However who can judge how much Rafa taking the cancers on helped to get rid of them. It probably didn't. We clearly underachieved during Rafa's last season. That would have been partly due to the infight political bullshit going on at the club. It clearly affected the players. 

wtf? be more wrong please. 

Rafa's battles with the owners laid bare what was going on which helped further muster the fans into action.  Pretty damn simple.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #913 on: April 20, 2011, 03:39:07 pm »
Sounds like a great read as already appreciate the snippets we are getting. Shows how the dark days quickly descended on us when the Yanks came in, how some of the lads felt their hands were tied, how others needed to do something even though it may have confused with on the field stuff. Hope it will be all water under the bridge if somehow we can rise above it all a year or two afters with Kenny leading us to our 19th title.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #914 on: April 20, 2011, 03:41:31 pm »
Acting as if someone/something flawless and calling them flawless is different. Few people will call someone flawless, but you'll act precious enough if someone is remotely critical.

This has got nothing to do with anything anyways. You were being a bit of a knob to someone who was big enough to change his mind. It's no surprise you get some absolute nutters on here who never climb down from their opinions, when they're abused as a result of doing so.

Don't ever be wrong on RAWK!

There's a difference between being wrong and helping contribute (however small) to driving a man like Rafa out the club. Every little thing contributed and eventually resulted in Rafa's sacking. I'm still mad because those who were wrong were warned so many times but they didn't want to listen. They were told that they would regret it and only realise after how stupid they were and low and behold that is the case. The apologies mean nothing now after the damage has already been done.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #915 on: April 20, 2011, 03:41:44 pm »
Lets not get into a wrangling match. I'm going to let the reader judge for themselves.

I give you credit for owning up to your Rafa opinion. But it doesn't help now.

Seeing as you have BLOCKED PM's from me I'll put this in here -

These emails should be targetting Purslow. Not the media. We need them on side more now than ever. A quick spam filter and all of these emails will be deleted.
You cant slag off the media and particular journo's one minute and then ask them to help us the next.
This is not going down well with the journo's at all.

How does that post there suggest I was supporting Purslow or trying to stifle the efforts of GOOD reds in trying to oust the owners.
You posted a link to a thread then which then accuses me of the same and FS uses these posts as evidence against me.
I was merely pointing out that bombarding JOURNO'S , not the BANKS etc, might not help much. At the time I had correspondence with a couple of Journo's myself regarding an email Id recieved from George Gillett and they were going to run a piece on it and they were saying that these mass emails were not helping them deal with the issues they wanted to help us with.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #916 on: April 20, 2011, 03:46:24 pm »
Roy, I read that between the lines. The two sets of rules, one completely absolving blame for those who should have done more, then copiously listing the "mistakes" made by Rafa implicitly puts the blame on him.

I'm not unreasonable mate, I recognize that Rafa (and he'd admit this himself, and he has) made mistakes. Which manager doesn't?

But in the bigger scheme of things, I personally take affront to that post because of the double standards that is applied to the manager who was fighting for us, and to the local boys who were more interested in doing what they were paid to do.

If you've read between the lines and thats your reply then I assume you're dyslexic.

Offline mr_grande

• Anny Roader
« Reply #917 on: April 20, 2011, 03:47:31 pm »
Wow, is it so hard to talk about the book? It reveals some interesting things; and yet all you hear people saying is
"i didn't like benitez, but now i do"
"yes but you didn't then, so you must be crucified"
"but i do now"
"no... no... it don't matter to me bieatch, imma fucking put a cap in yo ass"
"but purslow..."
"but tumor..."
"but what language does Uruguy speak"
teri maa ki bhen ke lode, they speak HINDIIIIIII
now that that's sorted...

Too many of you are more concerned with point scoring than what's best for the team

Offline rafa4eva

• Kopite
« Reply #918 on: April 20, 2011, 03:48:40 pm »
Laughable.

Touche SMD, wrote a long post, then lost the will to live, you have a talent for succinctly putting forward your opinion considering I was up to my 4th paragraph !

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #919 on: April 20, 2011, 03:49:31 pm »
If you've read between the lines and thats your reply then I assume you're dyslexic.

I'm trying to be civil but you start shit like that its not going to be easy. Your original post starts with a tedious listing of the things which you felt Rafa did wrong. Then you go on to absolve the blame on JC / SG. You want people to interpret it another way, then write another way.

Otherwise, I'd be hard pressed not to call you names and get myself banned.
The man is a genius!