Author Topic: Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel Partnership  (Read 350079 times)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Re: Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel Partnership
« Reply #1120 on: February 8, 2012, 10:46:23 pm »
No screaming? No berating? No mad-man semaphore?

No wonder we're leaking goals all over the place.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1121 on: February 8, 2012, 10:51:44 pm »
Neither of them are vocal enough or a leader, Carragher has to play to organise the defence.

Maybe the reason they're not giving each other a bollicking every 2 minutes is because they don't need to. You know, because maybe they just have a good understanding of each others tendencies? Hence they adapt accordingly? As has been quiet evident in almost every game they've played together this season?

Carra is a legend, no doubting that. But his days as a starter in central defense for us are pretty much over.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1122 on: February 8, 2012, 11:18:15 pm »
Both outstanding. Skrtel is playing out of his skin.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #1123 on: February 8, 2012, 11:29:59 pm »
Maybe the reason they're not giving each other a bollicking every 2 minutes is because they don't need to. You know, because maybe they just have a good understanding of each others tendencies? Hence they adapt accordingly? As has been quiet evident in almost every game they've played together this season?

Carra is a legend, no doubting that. But his days as a starter in central defense for us are pretty much over.

That's interesting, I didn't seriously expect to woosh anyone with that.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: February 9, 2012, 03:44:28 am »
Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Lucas

Best defensive spine in the league.

Now when our other three players in the team include Gerrard, Suarez and Bellamy - who are all top quality, it shows we are very close to having a superb team.

A top class winger, plus a finisher and this team would be immense.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1125 on: February 9, 2012, 03:55:56 am »
That's interesting, I didn't seriously expect to woosh anyone with that.

;D
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1126 on: February 9, 2012, 04:49:43 am »
Reina

Lucas

Now when our other three players in the team include Gerrard, Suarez and Bellamy - who are all top quality, it shows we are very close to having a superb team.

I agree the back six (inc Reina) are fantastic and it shows how close we are. I'd add that the depth we have is quality too. I rate every single one of our squad which is something I couldn't say before this season. There is no point adding solid players anymore as we've got solid, signings need to be top class as you said and they're unlikely to be easy to obtain.  Every big team is throwing themselves at Hazard, Cavani & Jovetic who are the types of player it would take to improve us IMO. 
« Last Edit: February 9, 2012, 04:51:56 am by DanA »
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline mysterio_86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1127 on: February 9, 2012, 06:21:35 am »

Need German midfielders first, a couple of them ! dont care about wingers !
Sebastion Coates, Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Samed Yesil, SinclairSama, Smichael Ngoo, Sryan McLaughlin, Sjordan Ibe, - The S Law

Offline c00ln1ck

• Kemlynite
  • w0000000t
« Reply #1128 on: February 9, 2012, 09:36:56 am »
Neither of them are vocal enough or a leader, Carragher has to play to organise the defence.

I think Agger is a natural leader, and am I the only one who enjoys EVERY time he gets vocal in a game, be it towards opponents or teammates? Is he boss in the changing room as well?

Offline mysterio_86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1129 on: February 9, 2012, 09:52:34 am »
I think Agger is a natural leader, and am I the only one who enjoys EVERY time he gets vocal in a game, be it towards opponents or teammates? Is he boss in the changing room as well?

Man crush !
Sebastion Coates, Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Samed Yesil, SinclairSama, Smichael Ngoo, Sryan McLaughlin, Sjordan Ibe, - The S Law

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1130 on: February 9, 2012, 09:54:17 am »
despite the doubters and Carraghers Royal Guard, *cough* Veinticinco de Mayo *cough*.
Ha ha ;D
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1131 on: February 9, 2012, 10:06:10 am »
No screaming? No berating? No mad-man semaphore?
Stop it Yorky. I'm getting all tearful and nostalgic about 2010 Carragher, the Atletico and West Brom highlights particularly.

Those were the days *sigh*...
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1132 on: February 9, 2012, 10:08:48 am »
Stop it Yorky. I'm getting all tearful and nostalgic about 2010 Carragher, the Atletico and West Brom highlights particularly.

Those were the days *sigh*...

His greatest hits album would surely open with the end-of-season assault on Arbeloa.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: February 9, 2012, 10:55:58 am »
His greatest hits album would surely open with the end-of-season assault on Arbeloa.
Swiftly followed up by the salivary water-boarding of DEGENNNNNN!!!!!

My own favourite though is definitely Forlan's goal at the Calderon. In slo-mo, it's a sight to behold, the outstretched leg to block the cross, the bulging eyes, the pointing as the Uruguyan fluffs the first time, and then the elegance of the attempted clearance, the graceful arc of the fateful swing, and the unbelievable athleticism to be up off his arse within a nanosecond and screaming like a deranged oran-utang at a bemused Soto.

It's pure vintage Carragher.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1134 on: February 9, 2012, 01:34:43 pm »
brilliant when you consider that we could potentially field a back four of these two with kelly and enrique at fullback and the combined transfer fees of them all comes to about Ł20m. absolute bargain.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #1135 on: February 9, 2012, 02:16:58 pm »
Swiftly followed up by the salivary water-boarding of DEGENNNNNN!!!!!

My own favourite though is definitely Forlan's goal at the Calderon. In slo-mo, it's a sight to behold, the outstretched leg to block the cross, the bulging eyes, the pointing as the Uruguyan fluffs the first time, and then the elegance of the attempted clearance, the graceful arc of the fateful swing, and the unbelievable athleticism to be up off his arse within a nanosecond and screaming like a deranged oran-utang at a bemused Soto.

It's pure vintage Carragher.
haha great memories...if we didnt fucking lose :|
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1136 on: February 9, 2012, 03:03:12 pm »
Was it not Lucas he was having a pop at? Totally bypassed Soto and Johnson
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1137 on: February 9, 2012, 03:15:23 pm »
Was it not Lucas he was having a pop at? Totally bypassed Soto and Johnson
Soto was definitely closest and in spitting distance, literally. I think his size might have swayed Carragher into venting a little more 'indiscriminately' though ;)

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #1138 on: February 9, 2012, 03:22:43 pm »
Reina

Lucas

Add Gerrard and Suarez and that's the basis for a fantastic team. Would like to add a Central Midfielder (second volante type) a quality attacking wide player and a striker who can finish but also hold the ball up and brig others into play. At the moment we have players who *can* do those things in Adam, Henderson, Downing, Carroll, Kuyt etc.. but either not well enough, not well enough yet, or not well enough at the moment (i.e. they are either limited, out of form or young/ inexperienced).

I guess it depends on how soon we want the team to be a top performing one, how much we have to spend, and how the aforementioned players develop in what remains of the season.

the defensive side of the team is certainly NOT a worry though, although cover for left-back *may* be required, but that's not our main priority..
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline The Jackal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1139 on: February 9, 2012, 03:27:37 pm »
brilliant when you consider that we could potentially field a back four of these two with kelly and enrique at fullback and the combined transfer fees of them all comes to about Ł20m. absolute bargain.

Even with Johnson at full-back - if you chuck Pepe and Lucas into the calculation, that's the defensive side of the team (back-four, goalie, defensive mid) for about Ł50m. Or just over Ł8m per player. Amazing value. That Rafa sure was shit in the transfer market, wans't he? ;)

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1140 on: February 9, 2012, 04:14:09 pm »
the defensive side of the team is certainly NOT a worry though, although cover for left-back *may* be required, but that's not our main priority..

We have Johnson who can play that position, which gives Kelly some action or Robinson - who I think has a big future.

Offline The Jackal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1141 on: February 9, 2012, 04:19:54 pm »
We have Johnson who can play that position, which gives Kelly some action or Robinson - who I think has a big future.

True. All depends on how ready Kenny feels Flanno/ Robbo are. Fabio will be off in the summer, leaving 3 senior FB's for the two positions, + the two youngsters. Might be enough I guess. As I said, not a priority. The attacking positions far more important to sort out.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #1142 on: February 9, 2012, 04:31:57 pm »
Soto was definitely closest and in spitting distance, literally. I think his size might have swayed Carragher into venting a little more 'indiscriminately' though ;)

Got a link? I feel like a laugh. Don't remember it.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1143 on: February 9, 2012, 04:42:10 pm »
Got a link? I feel like a laugh. Don't remember it.
Since you're feeling lazy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFiVfPc5-FQ

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1144 on: February 9, 2012, 05:58:54 pm »
Funny how long the fans called for this and begged for it and how often it looked like it may never happen.

Put them together?  All of a sudden we're the best defensive outfit in the league, go figure.

Next lets hope for Glen on the right wing, stevie in the hole, henderson in the middle and Carroll on the bench  ;D

Offline simplyred84

• Holding back the years, but unfortunately not holding back the nonsense
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1145 on: February 9, 2012, 11:31:10 pm »
Dunno why so many people attribute Skrtel's improvement almost exclusively on the fact that he is playing with Agger (like all the credit goes to Agger and his "calmness"). It is certainly true to some extent but not so much as some make out.

Some other factors could be:
*He is playing on the right side of central defence which is his preferred foot and position.
*Steve Clarke - defensive organisation
*New found aggression - according to Steve Clarke in that interview = better heading
*Plays his preferred role as the guy who marks the main striker tight with someone else (Agger) to mop up behind usually.
*Coming into his prime, experience, learning from previous mistakes
*Confidence - Dalglish?
*Confidence in fitness/body
*Style of play of the team in general in both defence and attack (as opposed to Hodgson). Chance to show his true technical ability. Also given licence to occasionally roam forward like Agger but less frequent.

Oh, and they were born three days apart...

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1146 on: February 9, 2012, 11:41:33 pm »
Funny how long the fans called for this and begged for it and how often it looked like it may never happen.

Put them together?  All of a sudden we're the best defensive outfit in the league, go figure.

Next lets hope for Glen on the right wing, stevie in the hole, henderson in the middle and Carroll on the bench  ;D
Better say bye bye to Dirk then !!

Offline nyrrard

• Anny Roader
  • at the end of the storm there's a Golden sky!
« Reply #1147 on: February 10, 2012, 10:12:03 am »
Oooh-ooh-ooh
We've got the best defense in the world
We've got Agger and Skrtel,
Enrique and Johnson
And Pepe Reina in Go-ooooal!

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1148 on: February 11, 2012, 05:30:52 pm »
Fucking love you, Agger.

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1149 on: February 11, 2012, 05:33:01 pm »
How about a mix of the two (and you can't leave out Pepe AA, that's heresy!)

We've got the best defence in the world....

We've got Kelly and Carra, Skrtel and Agger
Pepe, Jose and Johnnoooo ooooo oooo oooooo

I think you've got to end with Johnno for obvious reasons!

Offline AlexanderKruseBerg

• Main Stander
    • Luis Suarez skills!
« Reply #1150 on: February 11, 2012, 05:50:37 pm »
twitter:
brclausen Birger Clausen
According to Danish Channel 6. After the game Agger offered Fedinand to meet outside after the game for a little 'fight'.

So proud of Dagger.
brclausen Birger Clausen
According to Danish Channel 6. After the game Agger offered Fedinand to meet outside after the game for a little 'fight'

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #1151 on: February 11, 2012, 05:51:29 pm »
Fucking love you, Agger.
Bugger off. You've claimed Kelly, Agger is mine.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1152 on: February 11, 2012, 06:19:26 pm »
Bugger off. You've claimed Kelly, Agger is mine.

;D

I meant it in a platonic way anyway. Maybe.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1153 on: February 11, 2012, 06:30:40 pm »
twitter:
brclausen Birger Clausen
According to Danish Channel 6. After the game Agger offered Fedinand to meet outside after the game for a little 'fight'.

So proud of Dagger.
Haha, Agger would have crushed the donkey faced twat.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #1154 on: February 11, 2012, 06:33:42 pm »
Why is Rio sticking his big ass lips into something that doesn't concern him

Agger will knock him the fuck out - You'd get murked bruv, fuckin murked

Made me laugh when Bale tried to square up to him the other day
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #1155 on: February 11, 2012, 06:36:00 pm »

..and downing on the transfer list ;)
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline lfcbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh campione
« Reply #1156 on: February 11, 2012, 06:39:48 pm »
“Everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end.”

Offline steve10

• Kopite
« Reply #1157 on: February 11, 2012, 07:19:39 pm »
They have been awesome this season. Long may they continue.

Offline Sevo

• Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy joy.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1158 on: February 11, 2012, 07:34:59 pm »
I felt sorry for both of them today. They had absolutely no midfield shield in front of them. No matter how good centre backs are, if you allow runners to get through at will, they will suffer. With Enrique having the non existant Downing on the left  and Spearing pointing at who he should be marking, they were left exposed.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1159 on: February 11, 2012, 07:37:34 pm »
I felt sorry for both of them today. They had absolutely no midfield shield in front of them. No matter how good centre backs are, if you allow runners to get through at will, they will suffer. With Enrique having the non existant Downing on the left  and Spearing pointing at who he should be marking, they were left exposed.

Main reason to loose that game.. Soft midfield..
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."