Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 142127 times)

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #1080 on: December 30, 2010, 01:04:28 am »
"I can only hope those fans become supporters as well because this is the time when the club needs supporters. It's time for people to help us along."

I'm fucking amazed by this. I'm genuinely dumbstruck that this arrogant prick could come out with this. What a bellend.

Fuck off Roy.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1081 on: December 30, 2010, 01:05:29 am »
If we're honest about it , quite a few supporters had already sharpened the knives as soon as Hodgson was appointed .

But fuckin hell , he just can't help himself in digging his own grave . As far as I'm concerned , with his latest comments , he's just cut off what little slack he did have left .

Stupid , stupid man .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1082 on: December 30, 2010, 01:23:14 am »
Defiant Hodgson: 'I can turn it round because I have belief in my ability'

Published 23:14 29/12/10 By David Anderson

Roy Hodgson was last night defiant in the face of calls from the Kop for his head.

Liverpool fans reacted to this latest humiliation at Anfield by chanting for their hero Kenny Dalglish to replace Hodgson as boss.

Hodgson understands their frustrations, but begged them to back him, insisting he can still turn the club around.

"I've seen times like this before and I believe I can turn it round because I have belief in my ability," he said.

"I know the players are working hard to give me success as well as the club success, but at the moment we are not succeeding.

"I'm getting used to the fans chanting for Kenny. That's the way it is. He was a rival for the job, but the job was given to me and he is a Liverpool legend.

"I don't like hearing those things. I am trying to do the best job I can and I'm working hard. So it's not something I appreciate. But it is not something I can control.

"It's the Kop's way of showing they're not happy with the way the team are playing. As manager, you have to accept responsibility for that and take it on the chin.

"I have to hope the fans will become supporters because we need support. We are not deliberately losing games."

Hodgson fears the fans' abuse of him may be denting his players' confidence and they looked lacking in self-belief against Wolves.

"It's not for lack of trying that we're not winning matches," he said.

"Maybe we are lacking quality and lacking confidence and the negativity doesn't help. The players are not getting on the ball for fear of making mistakes.

"We were hoping for a great performance where we would go flying around the pitch and we did the exact opposite.

"It was as bad a team performance as we have given, certainly here at Anfield, and to compound the problem we ended up giving them a goal.

"It was a sad way to end 2010 and a sad way to play the first game for a few weeks in front of our own supporters."

Mick McCarthy was understandably delighted that Wolves were off the bottom thanks to Stephen Ward's winner.

"I thought we were the better team and deserved it," said the Wolves boss.

"Most people's perception of Wolves would be that we would come here, sit back, get our arses slapped and our belly tickled and go home with nothing.

"But we decided that we were not having that. We would come here and have a real go and fortune favoured the brave. Justice has been a long time in coming for Stephen after Pepe Reina ran 70 yards to get him sent off here last season and it was a nice moment for him."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-0-1-Wolves-Defiant-Roy-Hodgson-says-I-can-turn-it-round-because-I-have-belief-in-my-ability-but-claims-Kop-negativity-doesn-t-help-article660471.html?nocache=1293668037078&showResult=654611#poll_654611
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline GorstStreetBoy

• Kopite
  • His name is Luis Suarez...he wears the famous red!
« Reply #1083 on: December 30, 2010, 01:49:04 am »
"Ever since I came here the famous Anfield support hasn't really been there," Hodgson said after a game that ensured Liverpool's worst start to the season since they were relegated in 1953-54.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/30/liverpool-roy-hodgson-support
"If we all stick together, we're going to have a wee bit of a chance" - Kenny Dalglish

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1084 on: December 30, 2010, 01:55:10 am »
Hodgson pleads for support after crushing home defeat to Wolves

Roy Hodgson revealed his frustration with Liverpool's fans last night and called on them "to become supporters" after the most excruciating league defeat of his tenure saw them round on him and once again chant the name of Kenny Dalglish.

Hodgson's grip on his job looked more precarious than ever after defeat to bottom club Wolves, and as Liverpool enter the New Year on their lowest points total since their relegation season of 1953/54, the decision for Liverpool's new owners now appears to be whether they are ready to write off the season by persisting with him. Liverpool are three points off the relegation places this morning, but Hodgson insisted that "the belief I can turn it around comes from belief in my own ability. I have seen times like this before."

He was subjected to ironic chants of "Hodgson for England" after substituting David Ngog for Ryan Babel but said that was typical of Anfield's persistently negative response to him since his appointment, six months on Sunday. "We've had to live with that [criticism] for a long time now," Hodgson said. "Ever since I came here the famous Anfield support has not been there. There was the problems with the owners, Kenny [Dalglish] being so popular and not being given the job and it being given to me. I can only hope those fans become supporters as well because this is the time when the club needs supporters. It's time for people to help us along."

The consequences of Wolves' second win at Anfield in 60 years were a contrast to the pressure which was eased from Carlo Ancelotti's shoulders after Chelsea's 2-0 win at home to Bolton, though Arsène Wenger was left frustrated by his side's 2-2 draw at Wigan.

Hodgson declared that the response to the substitution, which came six minutes after Irishman Stephen Ward scored his first league goal for Wolves, was unjustified. "When things are not going well, fans do all sorts of things," he said. His side managed only three shots on goal and though Hodgson insisted that Ngog, rather than Fernando Torres was withdrawn because "when you have a player like Fernando on the team you don't bring him off", the Spaniard's individual contribution was, yet again, derisory.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/hodgson-pleads-for-support-after-crushing-home-defeat-to-wolves-2171895.html
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #1085 on: December 30, 2010, 02:06:08 am »
:lmao this guy is actually a complete and total idiot, what a way to win the hearts and minds of the supporters. Which moron gave him the Liverpool job?
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline scousinho

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1086 on: December 30, 2010, 02:06:28 am »
Anyone else think the "fans become supporters" line is too contrived to have come off the top of his head?

Offline minusone

• considered rubbish
  • Legacy Fan
  • Resurrection 2.0
« Reply #1087 on: December 30, 2010, 02:14:22 am »
"I thought we were the better team and deserved it," said the Wolves boss.

Never a truer word spoken.
Roy, take note. Your after game interview should have gone something like this:

Well what can you say. We were fucking awful, we had no game plan, no motivation, and quite frankly nobody could be arsed coming tonight so the end result really wasn't that big a surprise for anyone really was it? To give credit where credit is due, Wolves came here knowing we were pretty shit and had a decent go. As a result, they got the 3 points, which was something i never really entertained the notion of us doing.

I was hoping that we could sit back and that Wolves would do the same and we could come away with a nice draw, setting us up nicely for another draw on the weekend. The more draws the team gets, the more used to that way of playing they become. When they are used to it then it should become second nature and i can just sit back and watch the draws play themselves out. Of course there will be times when that goes wrong but i have every confidence in my ability to talk shit to the press after games like that so they believe it's not my fault but the fault of the previous manager, or the players, or the fans.

As for the fans, well they do say that they are the most knowledgeable fans in the world, and they have proven it time and again. Tonight they made it quite clear that they think i am a fucking numpty, which is their opinion and they are entitled to it. But i only care what the papers say about me because that's where they all seem to like me. I mean what could be more important than the London press? Certainly not the fans who pay to come the games. I don't think they know as much about football as my mates at the papers do, irregardless of the fact that they have witnessed great football for 50 years.

I think it was highly appropriate that they sang "Hodgson for England" because honestly that's what i want as well.

As for how i am still employed, well what can i say? I guess the sun does shine on a dogs arse some days and all the credit and goodwill the position of manager at LFC has built up over the years, through great men like Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish, and Benitez, is the reason i haven't been crucified before now. Honestly, if i tried pulling this shit at any other club i would of been sacked months ago. I mean come on, look at my mate Sam at Blackburn haha!

I suppose the one thing i can say to the fans is this. I'm getting paid more now at this job than at any other time in my career so when i say i believe in my methods and that they have stood me in good stead for 35 years at mainly no mark clubs, what i essentially mean is, there's no way i'm quitting of my own accord because i'm getting paid good money to be a warm body in a seat.

Other than that there is not much more i can say, other than i hope United win the league again.
Fired?? He should be shot! With shit, human shit!

Offline reds88

• Kopite
« Reply #1088 on: December 30, 2010, 02:33:09 am »
Anyone else think the "fans become supporters" line is too contrived to have come off the top of his head?

Roy's well prepared for this just way he prepares the team ahead of their matches.

Offline kermit^^

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1089 on: December 30, 2010, 05:59:37 am »
Quote from: Roy "LMA" Hodgson
"We've had to live that with quite a long time now as ever since I came here the famous Anfield support has not really been there. I can only hope we do have good supporters and I hope these fans become supporters as well because this is a time when the club needs support. We are not deliberately losing these matches or deliberately not playing to the best of their ability. Now is the time for people to really try to help us along because it is not through want of trying."

"My belief that I can turn around is my belief in my own ability. I know the players are working hard to give me and the club success but at the moment we are not succeeding. Maybe we lacked a bit of confidence and the negativity does affect confidence. Players are a little less keen to get on the ball and show what they can do for fear of making a mistake.''

"It was as bad a team performance as we have given, especially at Anfield. We've let the fans down and they made that perfectly clear to us and I can only empathise with them because if I was a supporter I would be disappointed with that. It is the Kop's way of showing they are not happy with what the team is doing. As manager you take responsibility for that so I have to take that criticism on the chin as well.''

Famous Anfield support is reserved for one of us. If he's not feeling the support, then it's a very clear message, no?

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #1090 on: December 30, 2010, 06:16:40 am »
You know, as bad as he's made it for himself, he's fucking bang on about some of you. Grow the fuck up.

How about you, instead, shut the eff up, yourself, esteemed gentleman?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #1091 on: December 30, 2010, 06:18:40 am »
The only quote I want to hear from Roy Hodgson is "It has been determined by mutual consent that I leave my position as Liverpool manager"
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #1092 on: December 30, 2010, 06:42:20 am »
Hodgson pleads for support after crushing home defeat to Wolves

Roy Hodgson revealed his frustration with Liverpool's fans last night and called on them "to become supporters" after the most excruciating league defeat of his tenure saw them round on him and once again chant the name of Kenny Dalglish.

Hodgson's grip on his job looked more precarious than ever after defeat to bottom club Wolves, and as Liverpool enter the New Year on their lowest points total since their relegation season of 1953/54, the decision for Liverpool's new owners now appears to be whether they are ready to write off the season by persisting with him. Liverpool are three points off the relegation places this morning, but Hodgson insisted that "the belief I can turn it around comes from belief in my own ability. I have seen times like this before."

He was subjected to ironic chants of "Hodgson for England" after substituting David Ngog for Ryan Babel but said that was typical of Anfield's persistently negative response to him since his appointment, six months on Sunday. "We've had to live with that [criticism] for a long time now," Hodgson said. "Ever since I came here the famous Anfield support has not been there. There was the problems with the owners, Kenny [Dalglish] being so popular and not being given the job and it being given to me. I can only hope those fans become supporters as well because this is the time when the club needs supporters. It's time for people to help us along."

The consequences of Wolves' second win at Anfield in 60 years were a contrast to the pressure which was eased from Carlo Ancelotti's shoulders after Chelsea's 2-0 win at home to Bolton, though Arsène Wenger was left frustrated by his side's 2-2 draw at Wigan.

Hodgson declared that the response to the substitution, which came six minutes after Irishman Stephen Ward scored his first league goal for Wolves, was unjustified. "When things are not going well, fans do all sorts of things," he said. His side managed only three shots on goal and though Hodgson insisted that Ngog, rather than Fernando Torres was withdrawn because "when you have a player like Fernando on the team you don't bring him off", the Spaniard's individual contribution was, yet again, derisory.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/hodgson-pleads-for-support-after-crushing-home-defeat-to-wolves-2171895.html

Far from it Roy, we cut you slack when you blamed the kids for the Northampton defeat, we cut you slack when you lied about Rafa and Kenny, we cut you slack when you’ve had a go at players coming back from injury, but you’re on your own now, dead man walking after these comments you’ve crossed a line that you can’t return from or be forgiven for. 
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1093 on: December 30, 2010, 07:19:11 am »
Far from it Roy, we cut you slack when you blamed the kids for the Northampton defeat, we cut you slack when you lied about Rafa and Kenny, we cut you slack when you’ve had a go at players coming back from injury, but you’re on your own now, dead man walking after these comments you’ve crossed a line that you can’t return from or be forgiven for. 
Yep.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1094 on: December 30, 2010, 07:34:38 am »
Negative fans aren’t helping says Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson after defeat to Wolves

ROY HODGSON last night hit back at Liverpool’s supporters after the Kop called for his dismissal following another Anfield humiliation.

Stephen Ward’s 56th-minute goal sent Hodgson’s men tumbling to an embarrassing 1-0 home defeat against rock-bottom Wolverhampton Wanderers while further increasing the pressure on the beleaguered manager.

Ironic chants of “Hodgson for England”, along with renewed calls for Anfield legend Kenny Dalglish, boomed around the ground after a result that ensures Liverpool go into the New Year with their worst points tally at this stage of a season since the relegation campaign of 1953-54.

And a riled Hodgson believes the negativity from the stands is having a detrimental effect on his team while claiming the much-vaunted Anfield support has been missing ever since his arrival in the summer.

“We have had to live with that negativity for quite a long time,” said the 63-year-old. “Ever since I came here the famous Anfield support has not really been there.

“There was problem with the owners and Kenny being so popular and not getting the job and it being given to me. I’ve had to live with that from the start.

“I can only hope we do have good supporters and those fans become supporters again because we need their support.

“We aren’t deliberately losing games. We aren’t playing to our ability. They are just not playing like they have done in the past so I think it is time for the fans to really help as well.

“It is not for lack of trying that we are not winning matches. Maybe we are lacking quality and lacking confidence and the negativity doesn’t help.

“The players are not getting on the ball for fear of making mistakes. We did have a good spell a while back but it seems a far and distant memory now.”

Of the chants for Dalglish, which were first heard during the home defeat to Blackpool in October, Hodgson added: “I’m getting used to it. That’s just the way it is. He was a rival for the job and it was given to me. He is a Liverpool legend.

“I don’t like hearing those things. I’m trying to do the best I can do and working as hard as I can.

“It’s not something I really appreciate but I can’t control that – it’s the Kop’s and Anfield’s way of showing they aren’t happy with what the team is doing.

“As manager, you have to accept responsibility for that and take it on the chin.

“I’ve seen times like this before, my belief I can turn it around is belief in my own ability. I know the players are working hard to give me and the club success but at the moment we aren’t succeeding.”

The Kop’s ire had initially been sparked by the decision of Hodgson to substitute David Ngog shortly after Liverpool fell behind, despite the Frenchman appearing the most likely home player to score.

“I don’t know if they were suggesting if God forbid that Fernando comes off,” said the Anfield manager. “Most people would agree that if you have a player like Torres and even if he is not playing well you don’t bring him off if the team is losing.

“But when things aren’t going well fans tend to do those things. I didn’t read that much into that.”

Hodgson allayed fears of a fresh injury to Steven Gerrard by revealing the skipper, making his first appearance in six weeks, was suffering only from cramp when clutching his calf during the closing stages.

The Liverpool manager also dismissed claims Daniel Agger had been offered to German side Wolfsburg, with the Dane having returned to the bench for his first senior involvement since September.

Meanwhile, Damien Comolli appears set to make his first major signing since becoming director of football strategy at Anfield.

Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux was in the crowd and is thought ready to join Liverpool during the January transfer window if a fee can be agreed between the two clubs for the 24-year-old.

Read More http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/12/30/negative-fans-aren-t-helping-says-liverpool-boss-roy-hodgson-after-defeat-to-wolves-92534-27906908/2/#ixzz19ZuWjiPr
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1095 on: December 30, 2010, 07:43:02 am »
You know, as bad as he's made it for himself, he's fucking bang on about some of you. Grow the fuck up.

Correct. How DARE the fans be upset that Hodgson is fairly likely to get the club relegated. How DARE they be annoyed that he's breaking all sorts of records every other week - all negative ones. How DARE!!! fans be upset at the ridiculous press conferences, the clueless tactics and the shite signings.

Naughty fans.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline muchtyred

• Main Stander
« Reply #1096 on: December 30, 2010, 10:42:42 am »
the times..

Last night, the dissatisfaction that has bubbled beneath the surface at Anfield all season was given public voice. As Wolverhampton Wanderers added a new level of humiliation to an already embarrassing season, the Kop sang: “Hodgson for England”.
That is shocking enough in itself. Nowhere in football has the relationship between manager and fans been turned into such a fetish as at Liverpool.
Bill Shankly created a emotional link between the Boot Room and the terraces that has sometimes been strained — by Graeme Souness  regime — but never broken. Last night it was severed.
Hodgson inherited a dysfunctional club but was bequeathed a core of talent in Steven Gerrard. Fernando Torres and Pepe Reina that Mick McCarthy would kill for. The former Fulham manager was presented as the man who would get the best out of the squad. Instead it got worse.
John Henry and New England Sports Ventures, the new owners, have been beyond reproach since arriving at Anfield. Henry admits he knows little about football and is learning the game. His has been a patient and sensible approach aimed at bringing stability.
However, patience is not always rewarded. Hodgson is alienating players, staff members talk disparagingly about his methods and attitude and now the supporters have crossed a line that not long ago would have been unimaginable.
Kenny Dalglish, who advised against employing Hodgson, must be seething with frustration. A manager with four English titles to his credit, he is little more than an ornament at Anfield. The Kop bawled for him last night and they are right. He has the charisma and knowledge to bring stability and purpose to a club that lack both. At least in the short term.
Anfield has just emerged from a period of civil war and cannot afford another. Henry needs to listen and act now . Otherwise things will spiral out of control on and off the pitch.
This!

Offline arnaldo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1097 on: December 30, 2010, 10:58:26 am »
The worst one for me was when he said he 0-0 would have been a fair result, as if that would have been acceptable. Fucking disgrace more like it, 0-0 at home against the bottom of the league team with that sort of away record. Fuck aff Hodgson would ye!!
BETFAIR REF CODE NTRDKLEHG FREE £20 BET

Offline GorstStreetBoy

• Kopite
  • His name is Luis Suarez...he wears the famous red!
« Reply #1098 on: December 30, 2010, 11:31:55 am »
One of his journalist buddies probably cooked it up for him whilst he was giving himself a pat on the back about how satisfied he is with the job hes doing.
"If we all stick together, we're going to have a wee bit of a chance" - Kenny Dalglish

Offline Stevie07

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1099 on: December 30, 2010, 11:33:02 am »
Hodgson's comments about the fans should have sealed his fate, can you imagine the reaction at the Bolton game if we put in another performance like last night?

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: December 30, 2010, 12:15:32 pm »
LFC have cancelled today's press conference (probably until tomorrow) to prevent the clutz saying anything else.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #1101 on: December 30, 2010, 12:41:47 pm »
The worst statement he made last night, and even my Dad, who's a blue noticed it, was when he said that 'you'll get a lot of games like this (the Wolves game)' then corrected himself and tried to backtrack on 'a lot'.
A LOT? Roy, you are managing Liverpool, at home, against the team that are bottom of the table.

He simply doesn't and never will grasp that he's not managing some team that's been mid-table for years. Yes, we finished 7th last year, but if you look at the last decade, it was an abberation more than anything, and now he's using that to pass us off as some mediocre shite side that has a 'lot' of games like that through a season.

Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Festy

• Kopite
  • Best RAWK poster of the year 2010-11
« Reply #1102 on: December 30, 2010, 02:08:13 pm »

Mr. Roy Clueless Hodgson is the one who needs to grow the fuck up and take responsibility. He's clueless.  ::)

Offline Festy

• Kopite
  • Best RAWK poster of the year 2010-11
« Reply #1103 on: December 30, 2010, 02:10:11 pm »
This is what I'm talking about.

Hodgson is an unbelievable hyperbole. The idiot needs to Grow. up.

Completely agree with you. 

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: December 30, 2010, 03:08:41 pm »
"I think it's dangerous to empathise with our fans who feel we should beat bottom of the table side. That's disrespectful."
A masterpiece.
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #1105 on: December 30, 2010, 04:34:27 pm »
"When I think about it, had I chosen a different team which did not have a midfield of Dirk Kuyt, Lucas Leiva, Steven Gerrard and Raul Meireles, with Fernando Torres and David Ngog up front, I don't think things would have been different.

"I fear whatever team I chose the performance would have been the same and that showed when I made the three substitutions and it didn't alter the level of performance. I don't think there are many players happy with how they played. I put it down to it being a bad day for us."

:butt

Fuck. Ing. Hell.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline siralexisatwat

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1106 on: December 30, 2010, 04:36:10 pm »
I cant start a new topic for some reason, but can someone do it for me please..........EVERYONE tune into Talk Shite right now, Adrian Durham (talks more sense by the week regarding LFC, he is talking like one of us and slamming Roy like we have wanted someone to in the media all season) against Goughie (doing the 'Darren from Thetford' impersonation....backing Roy...)....its great listening, a caller even brought up the Roy 1 away win a season stat, 35 years of winning nothing etc...........its finally all being mentioned on mainstream media.....someone please start a topic to get people to listen.....its GREAT listening, he really is gonna have to go now as even Sky will pick up on this phone in today......
I've put together an Istanbul 1080 HD version with 3 different audio's, ahead of any official club Bluray release, message me for details.

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #1107 on: December 30, 2010, 05:08:28 pm »
Any chance of changing the title of the thread to "Oh for fucks sake, what's he said now?"
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #1108 on: December 30, 2010, 05:12:16 pm »
What makes me laugh about his slagging the fans for a lack of support is that he has done NOTHING to deserve any.

He's talked shit from day one and shown what a crap manager he is.

FUCK OFF HODGSON!!!
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #1109 on: December 30, 2010, 05:13:02 pm »
"When I think about it, had I chosen a different team which did not have a midfield of Dirk Kuyt, Lucas Leiva, Steven Gerrard and Raul Meireles, with Fernando Torres and David Ngog up front, I don't think things would have been different.

"I fear whatever team I chose the performance would have been the same and that showed when I made the three substitutions and it didn't alter the level of performance. I don't think there are many players happy with how they played. I put it down to it being a bad day for us."

He really is a moron.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Online LFConor

• Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #1110 on: December 30, 2010, 05:13:08 pm »
Any chance of changing the title of the thread to "Oh for fucks sake, what's he said now?"
"If the supporters like me, it's not half as much as I like them"
Kenny Dalglish - 6/2/2011

6 European Cups and 19 Leagues thats what we call history

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #1111 on: December 30, 2010, 05:14:16 pm »
LFC have cancelled today's press conference (probably until tomorrow) to prevent the clutz saying anything else.

I was hoping it was because his sacking was imminent.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1112 on: December 30, 2010, 05:26:24 pm »
"Unfortunately we had a really bad day at the office today," Hodgson said after Wednesday's game.

Have we actually had a good day at the office yet? Even the win over Chelsea was a good 35 minutes at the office and then an hour of desperately clinging on to the edge of our own six yard box while Chelsea played attack against defence.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline koppper

• Berrg
  • Kopite
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #1113 on: December 30, 2010, 05:30:13 pm »
I think I heard the normal PC was tomorrow at 9 or 9:30am.
My postillion has been struck by lightning

I am the berrgman

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: December 30, 2010, 06:32:04 pm »

If the dolt doesn't think a different formation with a better player like Maxi playing wouldn't have changed the result then we are in a worse situation than I dreaded.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #1115 on: December 30, 2010, 09:27:48 pm »
"Don't forget hopes and expectations are two different things. We really hoped tonight, we really wanted tonight, to go out there and play well and win the game but we didn't"

So what he is implying is that the 'hope', i.e. "to go out there and play well and win the game" was 'different' (his word) to the 'expectation'.

How can you not expect to beat bottom of the league at home you horrible little urchin of a man?!
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #1116 on: December 30, 2010, 09:31:48 pm »
Actually, Roy seems to be quite adept at sophistry... "a subtle, tricky, superficially plausible, but generally fallacious method of reasoning."

Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle all criticized the sophists, and I think I'll stick in their corner. :wave
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1117 on: December 30, 2010, 10:09:20 pm »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/859083/roy-hodgson-insists-he-retains-liverpool-players%27-support?cc=3888
"It is a vicious circle and in order to break it we have to start playing well and winning matches because if we don't they are going to reserve their support until such time as we can do it."

Now that the attentions on him it's become WE. Everyone still supports the team you fool, it's you that nobody supports.   
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1118 on: December 30, 2010, 10:30:21 pm »
He keeps on going on about the "poor" performances in the first half of 2010, look at this chart. 

If you look at last season, the "to go" bit, you'll see we averaged 1.80 ppm for the last 20 matches of last season (or roughly, within a game of our early 2010 season).

If the season began on 1/1/2010, we were competitive with everyone other than Chelsea & Man Utd.  Last season, we were done in with the early season performances, not what went on in 2010.

Now cast your eye to the top bit, this season, where we're running at 1.22 ppm.....big difference, no?

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #1119 on: December 30, 2010, 10:33:57 pm »
Haha brilliant JP.