Author Topic: 'I'm angry but we'll improve'  (Read 39798 times)

Offline redoctober

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 'I'm angry but we'll improve'
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2010, 06:03:48 pm »
Hodgson rubbing his face is actually quite telling.  For the umpteen time in an away match, the momentum of the match had swung towards the home side and he did not have a fcking clue how to change it.

He's not angry, he's frustrated.  Time and time and time again he's applied his tactical approach away from his team's home ground and time and time and time again it fails him.  He won't accept there's anything wrong with his strategy so he'll just get fcked off at the players instead.  Amazing, truly amazing to hear people on this forum yesterday agreeing with him that individual errors were the only reason we lost.  Remarkable.

The reality is, a lot of fans wanted Rafa out, some of the club staff and players wanted Rafa out and an English manager in.  Those fans and those players have got what they deserved.
so true
above all, i like to be remembered as a man who was selfless who strove and  worried so others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold there heads up high and say 'WE'RE LIVERPOOL,

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2010, 06:06:15 pm »

To be fair, I did like 'move ball quicky, good tempo with our passing'. I'd have liked to see the defence stuff too - probably a trees worth of flipchart paper.

Not only did I like it on paper, so to speak, I liked it on the pitch. The players EXECUTED that, and it looked good. The problem is this: So, we end up, relatively quickly, with the ball on the flank, usually at the feet of GJ or even PFK and at least three of Torres, N'Gog, Maxi and Kuyt in the box. And Lucas and Meireles and one of Maxi, Kuyt surrounding the area, keeping the ball in, as the flip-chart instructs. Now what? Was the quality of the crosses not good? Personally, I can't say that it was not good. In fact, even the much maligned PFK put at least one excellent cross in. Why did we not score, then? In part, it was bad luck. In part it was the fact that Torres, especially, is just not that kind of striker. Could it be that this entire strategy is not appropriate for our personnel? That it's the equivalent of fishing by net when we should be fishing by line and/or by spear, actual or mechanical? (to use a weird analogy).
Ludi Circenses!

Offline vanderpaart

• Anny Roader
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2010, 06:07:46 pm »

"If we are going to improve upon our woeful away record it will be because we have become more physically and mentally stronger. We have to adopt a harder core to our performance and make us harder to beat and then we won't concede the type of goals when all the opposition goalkeeper has to do is kick a long ball into the heart of our defence and then there's a goal chance.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/i-m-angry-but-we-ll-improve

The long-ball frailties have been apparent since Stoke away. If your poor in one facet in this league - you don't want it to be that......

There's about 5 teams who use that approach as their main play anyway, and the other 14 will key on it and more subtly exploit it.

That paragraph tells me that at least he - or our PR team - know where the key issues lie.

I just don't see him having the wherewithal to sort them out.

Offline llcooljoel

• He's bad
  • Legacy Fan
  • Denying I wanted Owen Coyle since 2011.
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2010, 06:08:50 pm »
I'm at a loss for words really. Any other manager of a big club who was in 9th place at the halfway point on goal difference only (-1!) would have been hung, drawn and quartered by now after a pathetic defeat away to a club in turmoil like Newcastle. Ancelotti is being questioned at Chelsea for being one point off the top spot and we're supposed to accept this? Nope, not having it.

I don't know any other job in the world where you could keep picking up nearly £60,000 a week for making things much worse than your sacked predecessor had left them. I wish I could think of something positive to say about Roy but I really, really can't just now. The players are good enough. That's the long and short of it.
We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
  • Rush scored 1, Rush scored 2,...
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2010, 06:09:11 pm »
"We have got to work hard on the training ground and to be fair to the players, even after a very long meeting today, a long post-match analysis and quite a lot of critical words aimed at the team's direction..."

I wonder how many of the player stood there listening to his tirade doing this....

Video footage of Hodgson doing a 'cup and chuck' into his own mouth!

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2010, 06:10:02 pm »
I love the way Roy stands on the sideline orchastrating his team telling them how to play, motivating them. What a man!!

Not like some old fool scratching or rubbing his chin, or biting his nails, or sitting in his seat cursing his luck.

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2010, 06:14:53 pm »
......we will improve...just after you've fked Off Roy.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2010, 06:15:03 pm »
What annoys me most is that some of our fan base are listening to him and believing him. I truely hope he turns it around but you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Our seaon will continue like this until the owners find their own man.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Hyypia headers

• Am I a Real Liverpool Fan...
  • Kopite
  • Impossible?
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2010, 06:24:54 pm »
He was saying that in September, in October, in November and now in December. No more Roy, no more, time is up. It started with "Judge me after 10 games" and now it is still the same story. So to mister Henry with his red sox, no more playing the waiting game, time to clean out this mess once and for all. For the sake of the club, and all of us, because Roy if gets money to spend in January, I won't sleep for a month.

Out, now.
Let me tell you about the times when tackling was allowed

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2010, 06:43:07 pm »
This is the problem:-

nullWe have to adopt a harder core to our performance and make us harder to beat and then we won't concede the type of goals when all the opposition goalkeeper has to do is kick a long ball into the heart of our defence and then there's a goal chance.null

It's not our poor attack that barely creates any chances that is the problem for him, but our defence. Completely the wrong mentality.

What do you expect from a man who brought a top notch defensive midfielder and played him as an attacking midfielder and winger until injurys forced him to play the lad in his actual position. This is the man who brought on a left back for a leftwinger in the Spurs game when it was there for the taking.
Justice for the 96!

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2010, 06:45:13 pm »
He says we need to be physically stronger away from home, but I don't understand that. I can understand being mentally weaker in terms of confidence but how can you be physically weaker when playing away than when you are at home, which I assume is what he means?

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2010, 06:52:07 pm »
Not under you Roy..
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2010, 06:58:22 pm »
Roy, just GTFO.

FFS.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2010, 06:59:30 pm »
No surprises here.

Oh, and for what its worth, i believe he'll be here until the summer. Sit comfortable folks.
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2010, 07:00:57 pm »

Oh, and for what its worth, i believe he'll be here until the summer. Sit comfortable folks.

:butt :boxhead
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline RedinExile

• credulous ingratiating simpleton
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2010, 07:04:08 pm »
Not only did I like it on paper, so to speak, I liked it on the pitch. The players EXECUTED that, and it looked good. The problem is this: So, we end up, relatively quickly, with the ball on the flank, usually at the feet of GJ or even PFK and at least three of Torres, Ngog, Maxi and Kuyt in the box. And Lucas and Meireles and one of Maxi, Kuyt surrounding the area, keeping the ball in, as the flip-chart instructs. Now what? Was the quality of the crosses not good? Personally, I can't say that it was not good. In fact, even the much maligned PFK put at least one excellent cross in. Why did we not score, then? In part, it was bad luck. In part it was the fact that Torres, especially, is just not that kind of striker. Could it be that this entire strategy is not appropriate for our personnel? That it's the equivalent of fishing by net when we should be fishing by line and/or by spear, actual or mechanical? (to use a weird analogy).
Oh aye yeah mate. Rafa bought personnel for his systems. Clearly if you don't play any of those systems you have a lot of chocolate teapots lying about.
There are always more fortresses to torch.

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2010, 07:08:55 pm »
ZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ...boring.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2010, 07:09:34 pm »
1. Anybody know what Roy is being paid?

2. Anybody know what Roy is being paid for?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 07:31:40 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2010, 07:20:20 pm »
Does anyone else get the impression with Roy it'll always be judge me in a few more games? For every up game the next away game is just a shambles both in result and in his actions on the sidelines/post-match press conference

Offline benn25

• Finger licker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2010, 07:21:26 pm »
Sorry, but this man is a nobhead. Big Sam gets sacked, why not Roy?

My sentiments exactly. Everyone else is getting rid. NESV need to bite the bullet and hand him his notice quite frankly.
We just leave them be for a while, take a breather, let them settle, then bang!  All over them like a tramp on chips.

Offline llcooljoel

• He's bad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2010, 07:22:24 pm »
Does anyone else get the impression with Roy it'll always be judge me in a few more games? For every up game the next away game is just a shambles both in result and in his actions on the sidelines/post-match press conference

Unfortunately with Roy it's "judge me after a few wins and pretend it's nothing to do with me when we're shite again".

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2010, 07:23:25 pm »
Just like to say Sam Allardyce has a better away record this season than our manager. It's just another damning stat against him and something he needs to remedy against Blackpool or he should hand his notice in.

Offline llcooljoel

• He's bad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2010, 07:25:51 pm »
Just like to say Sam Allardyce has a better away record this season than our manager. It's just another damning stat against him and something he needs to remedy against Blackpool or he should hand his notice in.

This probably won't cheer you up any then, but Roberto Martinez has a better away record then our manager this season....

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2010, 07:26:50 pm »
1. Anybody know what Roy is being paid?

3 year contract for £6 million was the figure bandied around back in July.
So he's probably trousered £1 million at least so far, though to be fair, some of the players will have trousered a lot more over that time.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2010, 07:27:51 pm »
This probably won't cheer you up any then, but Roberto Martinez has a better away record then our manager this season....

I've seen a number of performances from other sides that play better than us. It's not a surprise to me.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2010, 07:33:01 pm »
Wonder how worthless the players feel. Everyone's angry at them, 'cept the fans. Werner/Henry/media/ex-players/numpties-like-Darren ...

Fuck! Roy's truly moulding them in his image!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2010, 07:33:31 pm »
If it had been any other club this weekend than Newcastle the focus would surely have been on Hodgson and his appaling record.
With all the shenanigans up there the press has understandably focused on them rather than us.
At some point the tide will have to turn, English or not - he is shite and way out of his depth   
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2010, 07:33:34 pm »
Sorry, but this man is a nobhead. Big Sam gets sacked, why not Roy?

Lucky bastards (so far at least, not seen the new man yet, hope he's not the one that was destined for us)

Blackburn got bought for £23m or £43m depending on what you read, does that mean they have a damn sight more money up their sleeves for a new man to spend and so can afford to attract someone decent.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2010, 07:35:30 pm »
'Roy Hodgson today demanded an instant improvement from his Liverpool players after describing the Reds' display at Newcastle as 'way below our best'.

Yeah, well he will say that won't he, he's got two home games he can use as 'signs' of improvement, and then back to the shite away performances it is for him.
 :butt
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2010, 07:35:36 pm »
3 year contract for £6 million was the figure bandied around back in July.
So he's probably trousered £1 million at least so far, though to be fair, some of the players will have trousered a lot more over that time.

I like to look for silver linings and at least the compensation package is going down by £40k a week.

£6m for god's sake.

£6m
Just ain't right to get that for nothing but a cock up.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline selas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kemlynite
  • Look at the Phoenix Rising From the Flame$
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2010, 07:36:28 pm »
I love the way Roy stands on the sideline orchastrating his team telling them how to play, motivating them. What a man!!

Not like some old fool scratching or rubbing his chin, or biting his nails, or sitting in his seat cursing his luck.

Good statement by Roy imho - needed saying - shame it was leaked to the press - would have preferred if it had stayed with the 4 walls. 

Its also just a natural response to all the sh*t he get from us and the media. He is simply doing what someone between a rock and a hard place would do - not me guv.

But I agree there are too many work-shy layabouts in the team at the mo, Torres not least. Wish we had a proper reserve setup to drop them into but we dont its a youth setup now.

My main point is this though ... I wonder whether if we had someone on the bench instead of Sammy if it would help Roy share the load.

Sammy just seems completely impotent. There's a job at Blackburn if he wants it.

We need more passion and more bollocking from the bench ... bring back Aldo or Tommo or both !!!
"Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2010, 07:36:58 pm »
I think it's a shit thing to do taking a snap of the flipchart for all to see, it's a bit sly that. But it does seem a trifle crude in its message and not the most sophisticated of gameplans. To be fair they could have worked all week on systems though and that is just a refresher kind of thing.

To be fair, I did like 'move ball quicky, good tempo with our passing'. I'd have liked to see the defence stuff too - probably a trees worth of flipchart paper.
I find it hard to believe they have not made a conscious effort to decide who is picking Carroll on set pieces. That was they key to the game.

We were reasonably  comfortable first half and they scored from nothing which kept them going and removed the fans angst at the managerial situation.

Offline llcooljoel

• He's bad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2010, 07:40:49 pm »
We need more passion and more bollocking from the bench ... bring back Aldo or Tommo or both !!!

Yeah, that's exactly what we need, more shouting from the bench. That's what won us all those titles, an angry coach screaming abuse at a bunch of dejected players. Tactics fucking schmactics....

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2010, 07:46:26 pm »
I'm very angry and I very much doubt you will
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2010, 07:46:43 pm »
Get out Roy, stop coming out with these stupid fucking interviews claiming its everyone else's fault and instead concentrate on packing your back and fucking off out of Anfield. You're dragging us further and  further back. 5 points away from home from a possible 27.....not having it. Get out!!!
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2010, 07:49:12 pm »
My sentiments exactly. Everyone else is getting rid. NESV need to bite the bullet and hand him his notice quite frankly.

To be fair they don't come across as mugs and they won't do things just for the sake of it. They've said they aren't happy with performances and they said they won't do things just to appear PR friendly. I listen to what they say more so than our current manager.

Offline Milly

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • JFT 96
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2010, 07:51:28 pm »
Jigsaw, you've killed a lot of people in the Saw movies. Don't think you're going to kill our club you twunt....
Fucking Do One
Smash it ??

Offline SuperMilan

• Kopite
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2010, 07:55:24 pm »

Lets tell it like it is shall we, with uncle roy in charge, only are the home form will keep us from getting relegated and thats a fact!
Has anyone noticed he never ever mentions us the fans, and the odd times he does talk about us its only in passing and only for a couple of seconds.
Its as if he does not like us, very strange.  :butt
If Everton where playing outside my house, I'de close the curtains.

Offline smitalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2010, 07:55:26 pm »
He's angry? HE's angry? At least he's in a position theoretically to improve things. Ours is just an impotent rage.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2010, 07:56:33 pm »
He's angry? HE's angry? At least he's in a position theoretically to improve things. Ours is just an impotent rage.

That's the problem, it was only a theory that he could improve us and its been proved invalid in the lab.

Let's all get angry and get behind Roy, what you say, we are already angry but in front of Roy. How can he and the club be so far behind us.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 07:58:21 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.