Author Topic: Wikileaks:  (Read 131096 times)

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cameras in your food, dude.
Re: Wikileaks:
« Reply #920 on: November 19, 2018, 02:53:15 am »
He really, really doesn't want to get arrested for skipping bail, does he? He must be terrified of being detained by the British authorities... 'cos he loves his freedom, maybe?
This sentence is not provable

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cameras in your food, dude.
« Reply #921 on: November 19, 2018, 02:56:37 am »
How long do you get for skipping bail?

I know one of you reprobates must know.
This sentence is not provable

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #922 on: November 19, 2018, 03:42:21 am »
Think Assange is looking at up to 12 months and/or a big fine, if I have CPS guidance right. No idea how that would translate to time he'd actually spend in prison though.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #923 on: November 27, 2018, 09:24:25 pm »
US judge delays ruling on 'interesting' Julian Assange case

A US judge has postponed ruling on a legal bid to unseal reported criminal charges against Wikileaks founder Julian Assange.

A free-press advocacy group wants to see the documents after their existence was apparently let slip by prosecutors in another case.

But prosecutors and the judge noted that US charges are never ordinarily released until after an arrest.

Prosecutors did not confirm or deny any such charge sheet against Mr Assange.

Barry Pollack, a US lawyer representing Mr Assange, told the BBC he is unaware of the nature of such a criminal complaint.

In a federal court on Tuesday in Alexandria, Virginia, Judge Leonie Brinkema called it "an interesting case, to say the least", according to US media.

She said she would make a ruling at a later date after receiving more information.

Lawyers for the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, which filed the motion to unseal, said that since Mr Assange knows he has been charged, there is no rationale for keeping the criminal complaint sealed.

But Assistant US Attorney Gordon Kromberg said that in any legal case, "discussion of why it would be sealed cannot be done in a public forum", the Washington Post reported.

On 16 November, the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press filed its motion requesting Judge Brinkema unseal the complaint against Mr Assange.

Its director, Bruce Brown, said in a statement: "There's no longer any justification for keeping the criminal complaint, the docket, and other filings related to the prosecution sealed."

Although prosecutors have said an erroneous reference was not proof of any actual charges, several US media outlets have cited sources as confirming there is a sealed complaint against Mr Assange.

On Tuesday, the Guardian reported that Mr Assange had met former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort several times before the 2016 US election.

US investigators are scrutinising whether the Trump campaign was aware of Wikileaks' role in the leaking of Democratic emails that were allegedly stolen by Russian hackers during the American presidential race two years ago.

Mr Manafort swiftly denied the Guardian report.

"This story is totally false and deliberately libellous," said a statement issued through his spokesman.

"I have never met Julian Assange or anyone connected to him."

Wikileaks also denied on Twitter that any such meetings had taken place.

CNN reports that Mr Mueller is also investigating whether Wikileaks or Mr Assange were discussed during a 2017 meeting between Mr Manafort and Ecuadorean President Lenin Moreno.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46361376

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #924 on: December 6, 2018, 04:38:31 pm »
Zeke Miller@ZekeJMiller
QUITO, Ecuador (AP) — Ecuador president says Assange has sufficient guarantees to leave embassy.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #925 on: December 6, 2018, 08:53:00 pm »
I wonder if he can flit to the Russian or maybe Venezuelan embassy under cloak of darkness? Or perhaps the Syrian one, is that nearby?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #926 on: December 6, 2018, 08:59:58 pm »
I wonder if he can flit to the Russian or maybe Venezuelan embassy under cloak of darkness? Or perhaps the Syrian one, is that nearby?
there was a plan by Russian secret services to break him out of the equadorian embassy and smuggle him into the Russian embassy.

Thought to be too high risk it seems.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #927 on: April 5, 2019, 11:11:24 am »
Sky News Breaking@SkyNewsBreak
WikiLeaks says a "high-level source within the Ecuadorian state" has said founder Julian Assange who has been in the embassy in London since 2012 will be expelled within "hours to days"

Offline Not that Gareth

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: April 5, 2019, 12:29:43 pm »
Sky News Breaking@SkyNewsBreak
WikiLeaks says a "high-level source within the Ecuadorian state" has said founder Julian Assange who has been in the embassy in London since 2012 will be expelled within "hours to days"
Be interesting to see if they do boot his arse out. Reading the Sky report it says he takes up more than 1/3 of the embassy and has caused damaged by skate boarding and playing football  :o He is just taking the piss

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: April 5, 2019, 12:32:07 pm »
I wonder if he'll clean up his room before he goes? And maybe leave a bottle of wine.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline losCHUNK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #930 on: April 5, 2019, 03:08:36 pm »
Be interesting to see if they do boot his arse out. Reading the Sky report it says he takes up more than 1/3 of the embassy and has caused damaged by skate boarding and playing football  :o He is just taking the piss

There was that time they had to cut his internet off n all  :lmao

I bet they shout upstairs "JULIAN!, go to bed"

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #931 on: April 5, 2019, 04:34:23 pm »
So they just sit outside 24 hours and arrest him as soon as they kick him out?

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: April 10, 2019, 12:31:26 pm »

Extensive 'spying operation' discovered against Julian Assange, WikiLeaks reveals

London WikiLeaks has discovered an extensive "spying operation" against Julian Assange inside the Ecuadorian embassy, gathering data that was used in an extortion attempt, WikiLeaks editor Kristinn Hrafnsson has revealed.

The resulting trove of audio, video, photographs and even copies of private legal documents and a medical report turned up in Spain, where a group threatened to start publishing them if WikiLeaks did not pay them three million euros.

But WikiLeaks tipped off Spanish police who are investigating.

"Extortion is a very serious matter but of much greater concern to me is this material gathering and spying on Julian Assange by the [Ecuador] government and the officials who work on his behalf in the embassy against an individual who was granted asylum and full protection," Hrafnsson said.

"That is in my opinion not only illegal but extremely unethical."

Assange’s lawyer Jennifer Robinson said it was a severe breach of lawyer-client privilege and undermined his legal team’s ability to properly defend their client.

At a press conference in London, Hrafnsson showed copies of the photos, videos and documents recovered from the alleged extortionists.

They included a copy of a lawyer's notes, images from a medical examination and video and photos taken inside embassy rooms showing Assange in various meetings, including with Hrafnsson.

On Monday the government of Ecuador removed an unnamed official from its embassy in London accused of having "worked in a very close way" with Assange.

Last week Ecuador’s President Lenin Moreno said Assange had "repeatedly violated" the conditions of his asylum.

He told Ecuadorian radio that Assange "cannot lie or, much less, hack into private accounts or private phones" and he could not "intervene in the politics of countries, or worse friendly countries".

But he indirectly blamed WikiLeaks for helping circulate hacked photos of "my bedroom, what I eat and how my wife and daughters and friends dance", which have spread on social media.

He said there was "proof of espionage, of hacking, of the fact that phones have been intercepted and private conversations, there are even pictures of my bedroom".

WikiLeaks then claimed a "high-level source within the Ecuadorian state" had revealed a plan to expel Assange from the embassy within "hours to days" using the INA Papers offshore scandal as a pretext - and that it already has an agreement with the UK for his arrest.

Assange’s team have canvassed that their client may move back to Australia if he leaves the embassy. He has reportedly been granted a new Australian passport, after the government renewed consular visits to the embassy to check on his welfare.

Assange, 47, has been in the embassy, a small office in an apartment block behind Harrods in Knightsbridge, for almost seven years. He entered on June 19, 2012 and was granted political asylum after exhausting his appeals against an extradition order to go to Sweden to face rape and sexual assault allegations.

Swedish authorities have since closed their investigation saying that it couldn't continue without Assange's presence in their country.

Assange still faces arrest by London police, however, if he steps out of the Ecuadorian embassy for breach of his bail conditions, after failing in a 2018 bid to have the arrest warrant cancelled by an English court.

Assange’s lawyers say he cannot leave the embassy due to the likelihood of being extradited to the US, where they say he would not receive a fair trial.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/extensive-spying-operation-discovered-against-julian-assange-wikileaks-reveals-20190410-p51d07.html
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #933 on: April 10, 2019, 05:04:00 pm »
Why doesn't Wikileaks publish that material?

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: April 10, 2019, 05:08:34 pm »
Why doesn't Wikileaks publish that material?

Ha ha.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #935 on: April 10, 2019, 06:13:22 pm »
The fucking state of them and to think I was foolish enough to buy in to the hype when they first arrived on the scene. The irony cannot be lost on them surely.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #936 on: April 11, 2019, 10:34:12 am »
Oh.

"I have been told that Julian Assange has arrested by British police and has been removed from the Ecuadorian embassy" - Beeb's James Landale
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: April 11, 2019, 10:41:28 am »
Oh.

"I have been told that Julian Assange has arrested by British police and has been removed from the Ecuadorian embassy" - Beeb's James Landale
Makes sense it'd be now. Norwegian Airlines has some great deals on flights to the US at the minute

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #938 on: April 11, 2019, 10:46:40 am »
Makes sense it'd be now. Norwegian Airlines has some great deals on flights to the US at the minute

Apparently Virginia's quite nice this time of year. Patchy internet access though.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #939 on: April 11, 2019, 10:52:29 am »
Lenín Moreno (Ecuador's President)
https://twitter.com/Lenin/status/1116271659512684544

In a sovereign decision Ecuador withdrew the asylum status to Julian Assange after his repeated violations to international conventions and daily-life protocols.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #940 on: April 11, 2019, 10:55:37 am »
Surely after helping Trump's campaign, he'll be spending an extended vacation at Mar a Lago?

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: April 11, 2019, 10:57:51 am »

In a sovereign decision Ecuador withdrew the asylum status to Julian Assange after his repeated violations to international conventions and daily-life protocols.

Only a 20 minute walk for him over to the Saudi Embassy.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #942 on: April 11, 2019, 10:59:32 am »

Exercise and fresh air would appear to be important for your health after all.....

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: April 11, 2019, 11:03:10 am »

Exercise and fresh air would appear to be important for your health after all.....

Is that a picture of Terence Green or Netanyahu in his hand?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: April 11, 2019, 11:07:44 am »

He's doing the Galloway finger

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: April 11, 2019, 11:16:15 am »
Has he converted to Islam?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: April 11, 2019, 11:25:07 am »
Has he converted to Islam?

Inshallah

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #947 on: April 11, 2019, 11:32:09 am »

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #948 on: April 11, 2019, 11:34:28 am »
Fonald Trump: "I love wikileaks"
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: April 11, 2019, 11:35:02 am »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #950 on: April 11, 2019, 11:35:14 am »

Gore Vidal
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #951 on: April 11, 2019, 11:36:04 am »

Daily-Life Protocols, Or How I Learnt to Start Cleaning My Room

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: April 11, 2019, 11:36:35 am »

;D that's brilliant

Did he leave his 'Idiots guide to being photographed during arrest' on the embassy bookshelf?

Good to see he didn't completely waster his last few years

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: April 11, 2019, 11:40:32 am »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #954 on: April 11, 2019, 11:45:37 am »
Daily-Life Protocols, Or How I Learnt to Start Cleaning My Room

I think it was sneaking in Pamala Anderson for late night visits that was the final straw

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #955 on: April 11, 2019, 11:54:52 am »
Assange and Wikileak's QC is saying that he's been arrested in relation to a US extradition request as well as over him skipping bail.

https://twitter.com/suigenerisjen/status/1116290879260639232

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #956 on: April 11, 2019, 11:59:23 am »
Clearly the embassy have limited resources when it comes to grooming. Must have only packed a travel razor when he went in. :D

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #957 on: April 11, 2019, 12:29:19 pm »
@Snowden

More Edward Snowden Retweeted Ruptly
Images of Ecuador's ambassador inviting the UK's secret police into the embassy to drag a publisher of--like it or not--award-winning journalism out of the building are going to end up in the history books. Assange's critics may cheer, but this is a dark moment for press freedom.

I was going to suggest that Edward Snowden doesn't understand the difference between secret police and plain clothes detectives, but it's really just another example of a bad faith actor spreading misinformation.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #958 on: April 11, 2019, 12:33:08 pm »
Arrested also with the intent to extradite to the US.

Ah bless.

From AP twitter

BREAKING: Julian Assange's attorney says he's been arrested on US extradition request as well as for breaching UK bail conditions.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #959 on: April 11, 2019, 12:33:59 pm »
Uncle Albert has returned from the dead.