Author Topic: Glen Johnson...  (Read 102123 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Glen Johnson...
« Reply #480 on: December 7, 2010, 08:41:29 pm »
How far?
He has a long way to go yet before he nails a perfect performance.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #481 on: December 7, 2010, 08:43:04 pm »

I think he's set the standards pretty high (Brum at home last season)

:), but I can see him being vital to the team now that we are gonna face some so called lesser teams

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #482 on: December 7, 2010, 08:48:59 pm »
We can name him Superman when your definition of perfection occurs.

He didn't make a single mistake yesterday, and he contributed excellently to our attack. Couldn't have asked more from him (other than a goal, if we're being picky). Unless you can think of something else?

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #483 on: December 7, 2010, 08:52:45 pm »
he played really well last night both at defending and attacking. i would love to see him play as a right winger to see how he would get on.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #484 on: December 7, 2010, 08:57:51 pm »
We can name him Superman when your definition of perfection occurs.

He didn't make a single mistake yesterday, and he contributed excellently to our attack. Couldn't have asked more from him (other than a goal, if we're being picky). Unless you can think of something else?
He was caught out of position a couple of times (his trait of losing his position) one notable one in the first half. Not exactly perfect, a good performance and nothing more and certainly not perfect as you labeled it.

You can call him Superman if you want to, I think you'll be on your own in that description.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #485 on: December 8, 2010, 03:12:34 pm »

Johnson in Reds exit link
Italian interest in Reds full-back

Last updated: 8th December 2010

Skysports.com understands Glen Johnson's Liverpool future is in doubt with the club looking at right-back transfer targets.

Johnson's future has been the subject of conjecture in recent weeks after Reds boss Roy Hodgson publicly stated his disappointment with the England star's form so far this term.

The former Chelsea and Portsmouth man was thought to be unhappy with Hodgson's public criticism and is considering a move away from Anfield when the transfer window reopens next month.

Juventus have been strongly linked with a move for Johnson with the Bianconeri keen to bolster their defence in January.

Former Reds boss Rafa Benitez is also thought to be keen on bringing Johnson to Inter Milan having signed the defender during his time at the helm at Anfield.

Johnson is understood to be interested in a move abroad if the club decide to listen to offers for his services in the New Year.

As a result Liverpool have been drawing up a shortlist of possible replacements for Johnson should he leave Merseyside.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6562121,00.html
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #486 on: December 8, 2010, 03:16:56 pm »
We need a second choice right back

I'm no fan of Hodgson, but he's not stupid enough to think he can replace Johnson with a better player without spending at least £20million

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: December 8, 2010, 03:18:06 pm »

Skysports.com understands Glen Johnson's Liverpool future is in doubt with the club looking at right-back transfer targets.

Johnson's future has been the subject of conjecture in recent weeks after Reds boss Roy Hodgson publicly stated his disappointment with the England star's form so far this term.

The former Chelsea and Portsmouth man was thought to be unhappy with Hodgson's public criticism and is considering a move away from Anfield when the transfer window reopens next month.

Juventus have been strongly linked with a move for Johnson with the Bianconeri keen to bolster their defence in January.

Former Reds boss Rafa Benitez is also thought to be keen on bringing Johnson to Inter Milan having signed the defender during his time at the helm at Anfield.

Johnson is understood to be interested in a move abroad if the club decide to listen to offers for his services in the New Year.

As a result Liverpool have been drawing up a shortlist of possible replacements for Johnson should he leave Merseyside.

I wouldn't put this out of the question.  It's a rumor - but actually a plausible one.  That said - if he leaves England I bet that would hurt his spot on the National team.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #488 on: December 8, 2010, 03:19:09 pm »
So if the above story is true we are willing to let our only RB at the club go. And bring in another RB. So we are still left with only one RB? Sounds idiotic to me.

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #489 on: December 8, 2010, 03:19:09 pm »
If people are looking for a perfect performance from Glen, or as near as, watch the Stoke game from the start of last season, or Birmingham from midway through last season.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #490 on: December 8, 2010, 04:08:03 pm »
The Birmingham home game last season was the perfect performance for a right winger, nevermind a right back, he absolutely destroyed Ridgewell and that other fella who were constantly trying to double up on them.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #491 on: December 8, 2010, 04:15:03 pm »
the moment Fanni rumours came out, I knew Sky will run a story about Glen exit  ::)

how original

Offline NandoRush99

• Main Stander
  • What is ur blood type sir? ... Livepoool Red
« Reply #492 on: December 8, 2010, 04:22:30 pm »
Possibility of glen leaving???

Ryan Babel Twiiter
Somebody asked me if Glen is leaving ... is he ???
"There are two great teams on Merseyside; Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves." - Bill Shankly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTfpn_xsKhE

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: December 8, 2010, 04:47:52 pm »
Possibility of glen leaving???

Ryan Babel Twiiter
Somebody asked me if Glen is leaving ... is he ???
lol why would someone ask him that? He doesn't even know if a training is canceled.  ::)

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #494 on: December 8, 2010, 04:54:01 pm »
God D@#% it   we need a new LB not a new RB  :no
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Jay-J

• Main Stander
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #495 on: December 8, 2010, 05:04:33 pm »
Hodgson questioning his performances in public was done to get a positive reaction, so far it has worked. Credit to the manager.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: December 8, 2010, 06:44:01 pm »
If us going in for this Fanni guy forces Glen out then I will be fucking livid, yeah fair one he's had a poor 6 months but he's coming back into some good form and hopefully sorting himself out, it beggars belief we're yet again trying to strengthen in an area we just don't need to and it just sum up LFC's continual inepitude in trying to strengthen the team in the wrong area's with cheap fixes and completely disregarding others where we're bloody crying out for some quality! Wing, enough said and at left back for instance, where we have to realise Aurelio is not fancied, so we have to put up with the utter dross that plays there instead.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: December 8, 2010, 07:07:45 pm »
Hodgson questioning his performances in public was done to get a positive reaction, so far it has worked. Credit to the manager.

Yeah, tried explaining it at the time. Funny how all the moaners are no where to be found  :wave

Offline smitalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #498 on: December 8, 2010, 07:28:52 pm »
We have no way of knowing whether the relationship between Roy's public comments and Glen's form is cause and effect, correlation or coincidence. He was injured when Roy had a pop at him, and his early season form no more or less indifferent than anyone elses, and Roy apologised to the player for speaking out!. Can't see how anyone is in a position to smugly pronounce that Roy's cunning plan did the trick...

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: December 8, 2010, 07:44:09 pm »
But it was said for a reason. That reason being - him to up his game. He's been quality since he's came back. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to piece it together. The manager's hardly just going to have a pop at a player for no reason, but it suited people to twist it so..

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #500 on: December 8, 2010, 07:46:02 pm »
But it was said for a reason. That reason being - him to up his game. He's been quality since he's came back. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to piece it together. The manager's hardly just going to have a pop at a player for no reason, but it suited people to twist it so..

Hodgson's said a lot of stupid shit for no reason, so...

Offline smitalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #501 on: December 8, 2010, 07:51:52 pm »
See, that's where I have a problem. I don't agree that what Roy says is always for a reason. I think he just talks and most of the time it's shite. Maybe you're right paddypower and this was a motivational masterstroke. Or maybe it's a case of even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #502 on: December 8, 2010, 07:53:59 pm »
Or the other phrase, throw enough shit at a wall, some of its bound to stick...

Offline smitalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #503 on: December 8, 2010, 07:55:25 pm »
Equally apt, rowan_d!

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: December 8, 2010, 07:58:36 pm »
See, that's where I have a problem. I don't agree that what Roy says is always for a reason. I think he just talks and most of the time it's shite. Maybe you're right paddypower and this was a motivational masterstroke. Or maybe it's a case of even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Obviously in an interview situation you can respond with something of the top of your head without thinking much about it, but when you plan to mention a specific player it's pretty clear that you have an objective in mind, to me anyways. I severly doubt someone earning the money he is, would just slate a player on a whim. It's silly to suggest that and the only reason everyone was up in arms is because they look for any stick to beat Roy with. Dont' get me wrong, I want him gone as much as the next person, but I refuse to get drawn into a witchhunt where he can do nothing right.

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: December 8, 2010, 08:03:08 pm »

Recycled rumour

Offline smitalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #506 on: December 8, 2010, 08:04:36 pm »
Two things then Paddy:

1. Why apologise? Why not have the courage of your convictions?

2. There's a difference between not wanting to join a witchhunt, and actively supporting the tactic of going public with concerns about individuals. I personally can't see the motivational benefit in publicly slating a player, what's your view?

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: December 8, 2010, 08:12:09 pm »
Two things then Paddy:

1. Why apologise? Why not have the courage of your convictions?

2. There's a difference between not wanting to join a witchhunt, and actively supporting the tactic of going public with concerns about individuals. I personally can't see the motivational benefit in publicly slating a player, what's your view?

1.Because everyone took it the wrong way and that needed addressing.

2. Plenty of managers have used that tactic, and I have no qualms about it once the personality of the player is taken into account. That's the thing about motivating, it's extremely difficult as each individual is different. Ask any manager (football or otherwise) about the challenges of motivating and they'll let you know. Glen, imo, is someone who thrives under pressure. Look at his form when he first transfered to us, he was immense before his injury. £18m on a rightback, who many thought wasn't as good as the one we let go so cheaply. That is immense pressure to be under and he stepped up to the plate and shut us all up. Roy obviously felt he'd get the best out of him by going public with a challenge. The lad is now fired up and has set about showing how good he is.

Offline smitalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #508 on: December 8, 2010, 08:39:07 pm »
We're both glad he's playing well Paddy, so I guess I'm happy to agree to disagree about the causes!

Nice talking to you.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: December 8, 2010, 08:40:27 pm »
Likewise :)

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #510 on: December 9, 2010, 07:02:04 am »

Yeah, tried explaining it at the time. Funny how all the moaners are no where to be found  :wave

:lmao thats the funniest thing I've read on here in ages, good positive spin guys :wellin
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline olllie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: December 9, 2010, 07:18:56 am »
I really hope he stays. I'm still dreaming of him moving to right wing, tearing full backs a new one like Bale doing for Tottenham

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #512 on: December 9, 2010, 07:22:19 am »
:lmao thats the funniest thing I've read on here in ages, good positive spin guys :wellin
Made me chuckle too.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #513 on: December 9, 2010, 04:28:01 pm »
funny
no mention of his interview with .tv here yet.

basically shit on all the rumours and said has no problem playing on the wing lol

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: December 9, 2010, 05:01:02 pm »

Don't be a twat, if he critised him for no reason other than not liking him, he'd hardly throw him right into the starting line up as soon as he was fit again. But nah that doesn't suit the doom and gloom crowd does it?  ::)

hoonin

« Reply #515 on: December 9, 2010, 05:22:12 pm »

Offline pink-radebe

• Anny Roader
  • Sharing milkshakes can spread germs.
« Reply #516 on: December 9, 2010, 06:14:25 pm »
Don't be a twat, if he critised him for no reason other than not liking him, he'd hardly throw him right into the starting line up as soon as he was fit again. But nah that doesn't suit the doom and gloom crowd does it?  ::)

If Roy hadn't spoken so much shite in his short time with us, I would probably agree with what you and Jay-J are saying.

Plus, I think Roy was just trying to deflect attention (criticism) away from himself. And he randomly picked Glen (probably out of a hat or something).
Thank you for reading my signature.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: December 9, 2010, 06:25:29 pm »
If Roy hadn't spoken so much shite in his short time with us, I would probably agree with what you and Jay-J are saying.

Plus, I think Roy was just trying to deflect attention (criticism) away from himself. And he randomly picked Glen (probably out of a hat or something).

Oh come on, surely you can read that back and relise how silly that notion is? As I said before, pure witch hunt. What do you think Henry and co are going to think reading that? (If in fact they do read here). Not a hope in hell they will give any credence to opinions like that. Point out Roys real flaws and why he's not fit for the job and we might get somewhere rather than making up bizzare scenarios that no one in their right mind would believe. No wonder the media and fans from every other club think we're "doing  Newcastle" by wanting him out when they read stuff like that.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: December 9, 2010, 06:37:13 pm »
We need a second choice right back

I'm no fan of Hodgson, but he's not stupid enough to think he can replace Johnson with a better player without spending at least £20million

Well he can get a better defender for a lot less fee with Finnan & Aurelio as ideal examples of that. If we were a little smarter with the cash then most of Johnsons fee at the time could have gone on a Barry and a solid right back at the time. Water under the bridge as at this stage I prefer to keep Glen and bolster our soft central defense / holding position which will allow Glen to get forward more often knowing the space he lets behind can be covered. 

So while Hodgson or any manager may have to use the 20m to replace Johnson, the money could possibly strengthen more than 1 position. 
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #519 on: December 9, 2010, 06:47:06 pm »
Roy just laughed at all GJ's rumours....saying he wants hi mto stay at teh clubfor longer than his contract.

Fanni :lmao :lmao