Author Topic: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...  (Read 153254 times)

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...
« Reply #1440 on: September 19, 2010, 09:54:32 pm »
Disagree. I think we supported Benitez a hell of a lot, at least the real fan did. It was the board that didn't support him.

It was the players who didn´t support him, the important ones. NOW the atmosphere around Melwood is much better I hear the players say. Everything is positive and players are happy. I don´t give a fuck if they are. With their 70,000 cheques they pick up every week they should find some other areas to have a nice hang out.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #1441 on: September 19, 2010, 09:54:33 pm »
Disagree. I think we supported Benitez a hell of a lot, at least the real fan did. It was the board that didn't support him.

What about the players? The leaders?

"All the players believe in this manager and are right behind him," Gerrard said. "Everyone's desperate to put things right together."

But can he, amid the claims, strongly rejected, of disenchantment and dislike, truly say that?

"I don't know if everyone is totally 100 per cent behind him, of course, because I can't control what's going through every player's mind," the midfielder added. "But I've not seen anything that makes me think they're not.

"It seems as if there's a lot of blame going towards the manager. But it was the players who under-performed out there.

"People talk about tactics and stuff, but there's only so much that a manager can do. The players have to deliver, and the players never delivered.

"Of course, everyone knows in football that the manager eventually gets the blame if things don't go well, but for me, we should get behind him now."

"I hope not," Gerrard said emphatically. "It has happened before but, hopefully, that won't be the case again. Hopefully we can get two good results and start slowly building.

"It'd be a knee-jerk reaction to sack a manager after one bad tournament, then think everything will be rosy when you start with a new guy and we'll go on and win.

"It's crazy to think it's as easy as that. I want him to stay. I have a lot of belief in him."

"It's important that Fabio is still given a chance. For me, he's a fantastic manager. Who out there that's an English manager has the CV that Fabio Capello has got?

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1442 on: September 19, 2010, 09:54:47 pm »
He's right, we did have great possession and we had better one touch football than united did today no doubt. It was those mistakes when nani and giggs crossed in the ball all the time, we couldn't keep them out... and those stupid marking mistakes, as previous posters have stated, we couldnt prevent berbatov, for some reason, torres and carragher couldnt stop berbatov... and koncehsky didn't really do that bad, he just wasn't good when he paced it down the left flank,...othwise he made good challenges... we just need kuyt back ...and we need mierles in the middle or gerrard in the middle behind torres, because there was no connectivity between midfield and torres...
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline Dubai_Red

• Can smell nullshit from 4,608 miles away
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1443 on: September 19, 2010, 09:55:52 pm »
Roy may not have managed at the same level of Rafa, but Rafa, he was here 6 seasons and he ultimately didn't bring us the title, the one we really want, it's unfortunate but the truth. 

So i don't think it can come as much as a surprise that he's no longer here.

It must be a full moon tonight reading the shite that's been posted on here. So you honestly believe that rafa was got rid cos he didn't win the title? And therefore you must also believe that Roy has been brought in to win us number 19???

If this is the mind set of the fans on RAWK, then I can only imagine what our less informed fans must be thinking!

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1444 on: September 19, 2010, 09:56:00 pm »
Happy with the performance in the 2nd half but overall i thought we were poor and allowed them far too many crosses into the box - Seems to be Roy's trademark?

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #1445 on: September 19, 2010, 09:56:21 pm »
because Gandhi controls what comes out of a morons mouth at a football game. cop on lad.

Cop on and feel the breeze.
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline megabomberman

• Kopite
  • YNWA to all who wear the red.
« Reply #1446 on: September 19, 2010, 09:58:04 pm »
It must be a full moon tonight reading the shite that's been posted on here. So you honestly believe that rafa was got rid cos he didn't win the title? And therefore you must also believe that Roy has been brought in to win us number 19???

If this is the mind set of the fans on RAWK, then I can only imagine what our less informed fans must be thinking!

lol so true,

Rafa had six years sure!! And he spent loads too!!

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1447 on: September 19, 2010, 09:59:19 pm »
am i the only one who is absoloutely baffled by what maxi contributes to our team.  he offers us zero goal threat as a player, and is seriously lacking in pace.  i know babel has flaws but at least he is a goal threat and is a weapon to hit teams on the counter attack on a big pitch like old trafford. 

we have failed for so long away from home that i just can' believe that babel doesn't get a chance because i refuse to believe that he could do any worse then the likes of maxi or jovanovic. 

look at what ferguson has put on his wing for the last 20 years - sharpe, kanchelskis, giggs, ronaldo, nani, valencia - all players with great pace, cutting edge, and the ability to penatrate the opposition.  it is a fundemental of fergusons sides.  then take a look at what we have put out on the wings since digger was in his pomp and there is an enormous gulf.  i'm sick of watching us play infront of the oppositions back 4 and never having the cutting edge to get in behind the fullbacks.

maxi is technically decent and works hard but in reality he offers no threat and is even a step down from the likes of benayoun and riera.

Offline silver 5 star

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1448 on: September 19, 2010, 10:00:24 pm »
It was the players who didn´t support him, the important ones. NOW the atmosphere around Melwood is much better I hear the players say. Everything is positive and players are happy. I don´t give a fuck if they are. With their 70,000 cheques they pick up every week they should find some other areas to have a nice hang out.

Senior players were said to have lost faith in Rafa.

Bullshit smoke and mirror excuse to justify getting rid of a man who was a thorn in the owner's side.
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1449 on: September 19, 2010, 10:00:24 pm »
Hang on, what did you want him to do at 2-2? put a pair of fucking boots, sub himself on and bang a top corner from 75 yards?

you can't always use the manager as the reason you lose or win, his selection may have put us 2 down and it also may have got us back into the game.

but it's not his fault Torres didn't mark Berbatov properly, Carragher was out jumped or that Berbatov produced and world class finish.

Man U had a stroll in the park and were 2-0 up. We somehow managed to come back to 2-2 with the only two chances we had. The momentum was on our side. At that time, we retreated and put 9 men at the edge of our own box and allowed them to aim crosses into the box. Until they scored.

It was like we only fought when we were behind, then settled for the draw and hoped to hang on to a point. When we could have gone for a win. A win that would have been a fantastic boost for morale.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1450 on: September 19, 2010, 10:00:56 pm »
Fuck them. All I could hear was what sounded like 60,000 singing 'sign on' and 'without killing anyone'. Fucking manc c*nts.

If I have to hear one more fkin Manc singin about winnin Big Ears without killin anyone.... for shite like that theyre gonna get Munich.

I'm not proud of that, but i'm not gonna condemn us when they sing stuff like that.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1451 on: September 19, 2010, 10:02:49 pm »
"It'd be a knee-jerk reaction to sack a manager after one bad tournament, then think everything will be rosy when you start with a new guy and we'll go on and win.

"It's crazy to think it's as easy as that. I want him to stay. I have a lot of belief in him."

Gerrard probably believed exactly that for Liverpool. But then again there´s no prove that he was involved as Carra who actually admited it along his lines.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Karlton81

• Anny Roader
  • It's on like Donkey Kong
« Reply #1452 on: September 19, 2010, 10:02:56 pm »

Sorry, can you point out to me where i actually said that Roy would bring us no.19?

Do you actually believe that if Rafa had won the title last season he would have been sacked?

I never said that Hodgson was my choice either, but when a Manager is sacked another usually replaces him.

my point is regardless of who the next manager is/was, on the basis of Rafa not winning a trophy for us over the last 4 years, i was not surprised he was sacked, that was all.

Try reading the post 1st before making ridiculous comments.

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #1453 on: September 19, 2010, 10:03:18 pm »
am i the only one who is absoloutely baffled by what maxi contributes to our team.  he offers us zero goal threat as a player, and is seriously lacking in pace.  i know babel has flaws but at least he is a goal threat and is a weapon to hit teams on the counter attack on a big pitch like old trafford. 

we have failed for so long away from home that i just can' believe that babel doesn't get a chance because i refuse to believe that he could do any worse then the likes of maxi or jovanovic. 

look at what ferguson has put on his wing for the last 20 years - sharpe, kanchelskis, giggs, ronaldo, nani, valencia - all players with great pace, cutting edge, and the ability to penatrate the opposition.  it is a fundemental of fergusons sides.  then take a look at what we have put out on the wings since digger was in his pomp and there is an enormous gulf.  i'm sicking of watching us play infront of the oppositions back 4 and never having the cutting edge to get in behind the fullbacks.

maxi is technically decent and works hard but in reality he offers no threat and is even a step down from the likes of benayoun and riera.

Agree.Against teams who park the bus this is going to be a continuing problem.We wont be able to stretch the opposition and therefore we will be easy to defend against.All teams will have to do is tuck their full-backs in and we will have problems breaking teams down.We look far too predictable playing through the middle and t the moment we dont look good enough to be a constant threat through the middle.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1454 on: September 19, 2010, 10:03:38 pm »
Happy with the performance in the 2nd half but overall i thought we were poor and allowed them far too many crosses into the box - Seems to be Roy's trademark?
2 things I've noticed about Roy's tactics.

One, it's clear we invite crosses from deep areas which is suicide with our centre backs but the defence stays very compact.

Two, we drop off like a basketball team when we lose possession  into two very deep banks of 4 so much so that Torres gives one little chase and gives up because otherwise he'd be pressing on his own.

I don't like either tactic personally.

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1455 on: September 19, 2010, 10:04:00 pm »

look at what ferguson has put on his wing for the last 20 years - sharpe, kanchelskis, giggs, ronaldo, nani, valencia - all players with great pace, cutting edge, and the ability to penatrate the opposition.  it is a fundemental of fergusons sides.  then take a look at what we have put out on the wings since digger was in his pomp and there is an enormous gulf.  i'm sick of watching us play infront of the oppositions back 4 and never having the cutting edge to get in behind the fullbacks.

yup, I didn't see maxi even get the ball much today...it was like he wasn't even playing, and yer, babel, or someone with flair and... fast on the wings... we defended to much towards the end, inviting threatful long crosses... it was coming...we were looking to concede...
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1456 on: September 19, 2010, 10:05:08 pm »
Man U had a stroll in the park and were 2-0 up. We somehow managed to come back to 2-2 with the only two chances we had. The momentum was on our side. At that time, we retreated and put 9 men at the edge of our own box and allowed them to aim crosses into the box. Until they scored.

It was like we only fought when we were behind, then settled for the draw and hoped to hang on to a point. When we could have gone for a win. A win that would have been a fantastic boost for morale.
At 2-2 with us in the ascendency I felt we dropped off and invited it on. Ferguson threw on Macheda and had 4 up front !!

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1457 on: September 19, 2010, 10:05:44 pm »
2 things I've noticed about Roy's tactics.

One, it's clear we invite crosses from deep areas which is suicide with our centre backs but the defence stays very compact.

Two, we drop off like a basketball team when we lose possession  into two very deep banks of 4 so much so that Torres gives one little chase and gives up because otherwise he'd be pressing on his own.

I don't like either tactic personally.

Agree. Worrying that.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1458 on: September 19, 2010, 10:07:34 pm »
My biggest problem with Roy so far is that he appears to be making all the stubborn "mistakes" Rafa made. He makes odd substitutions and looks hellbent on playing his players.

I can not for the life of me understand the tactical failures of those substitutions today. Taking Meireles off (although I think someone mentioned he picked up a knock) for Jovanovic, putting Agger in for Konchesky and Ngog for Maxi. Changing the entire left flank of our team when we are weak there to begin with, but at that moment had the upper hand. They were stunned, all we had to do was go for the jugular. But he breaks up the (then) winning formula and completely offsets the balance of the team. Since he took off Meireles he should've stuck Lucas in and moved Gerrard up front with Torres.

And if there ever was "Babel time" that second goal was it. They were ours for the taking, they were looking shaky at the back and we needed to attack them directly, which just so happens to be Babel's only capability.

Now I'll support our manager, but I won't do it blindly. I have nothing to base it upon. Hodgson was brought in under the worst circumstances. Replacing the man that brought us European glory and title challenges and who was a big favourite, after reports that managers like Pellegrini, Deschampes and Hitzfeld were, up to a certain point, interested in the job. And biggest of all the undisputed King of the Kop wanted the job. Credit to Hogdson and all that, but when you are bottom on an (alleged) 5 man shortlist it's hard to strut along confident that the decision made was a purely footballing one.

I can accept that I may just be a head-in-the-sand ignorant, spoiled fan living on former glory and if so there's not a lot I can do about that and there sure as hell is a lot less that any of you can do about changing that. And I really don't give a shit if I am that unoriginal in bringing Rafa into it, but even at the absolute worst of times we always, always had something to look back on to find confidence.
When he first came here the only thing most people knew about him was that he won the league dominated by Real Madrid and Barcelona for the last half a century or so. And he was the man that came to Anfield and whose team, at times, made Liverpool look like an average Sunday league team. He was the man that brought us victories (some of them against all odds) against Chelsea, Arsenal, the Mancs, Juventus, Inter, AC Milan, Barcelona, Real Madrid. Who brought us 2 European finals in 3 years, an epic FA Cup final and many, many, many memorable wins against just about every team.
Even after a horrible, horrible game we could look back, with confidence, at the time we won at the Nou Camp, when we ended Chelsea's home streak, the 2 weeks where we scored 4 against Real Madrid and the Mancs and won Aston Villa 5-0 knowing deep down he was the man who could bring us back to that regardless of team sheets and odds.

Now we are in a situation where we stand on the brink of financial oblivion with a manager who has not won away since August 2009 (read that somewhere, if I'm wrong I stand corrected) and when he has been challenged so far as boss, failed tactically.

You can call me whatever you want. Doom monger, naysayer, ignorant, pessemistic, unsupporting or any other unoriginal thing you want. That's the way I see it, that's how I feel and there's not a single thing related to Liverpool Football Club at the moment that's telling me that it will change any time soon.

Top post.

Offline silver 5 star

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1459 on: September 19, 2010, 10:08:55 pm »
my point is regardless of who the next manager is/was, on the basis of Rafa not winning a trophy for us over the last 4 years, i was not surprised he was sacked, that was all.

Wenger has won fuck all since 2005. The difference at Arsenal is they went out and built their cash-cow stadium and have a stable board and ownership.

Rafa was removed from his job because he refused to take the owner's shit. Wake the fuck up.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #1460 on: September 19, 2010, 10:09:18 pm »
didn't say he played well, out of the 3 goals how many were directly his fault? and who's to say Agger would have done better?
Agger would be better in CB than both Carragher and Skrtel.  With a broken leg too.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline paisleysshirt

• Main Stander
« Reply #1461 on: September 19, 2010, 10:09:55 pm »
Fuck them. All I could hear was what sounded like 60,000 singing 'sign on' and 'without killing anyone'. Fucking manc c*nts.

That's the spirit.

And on redcafe there's probably someone saying how ashamed he was by the 'Murderers' chants and some clown saying 'nah, fuck 'em - did you hear their Munich shite'.  That attitude of tit for tat just leads to the lowest common denominator prevailing. (IMHO)
'Shanks has gone and they're giving me the job even though I didn't really want it. But we must try to carry on what he's started'

Offline WhiteHeat

• Legacy Fan
  • wants the traditions of LFC back.
« Reply #1462 on: September 19, 2010, 10:10:16 pm »
They didn't batter us. They shaded us yes, but we weren't outplayed. Birmingham probably outplayed us more last week IMO.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1463 on: September 19, 2010, 10:11:17 pm »
They didn't batter us. They shaded us yes, but we weren't outplayed. Birmingham probably outplayed us more last week IMO.
Agree. How many saves did Reina make ?

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1464 on: September 19, 2010, 10:12:05 pm »
Yep, and about 3pts off bottom.

Not where I expect the club to be.

This should tell you everything. 3 points off 4th, 3 points off bottom. Its a nonsense

Does anyone remember the old days. If you wanted to see the league table youd have to wait 10 games then the paper would have it. Even ceefax would wait until 8 games

We're 5 fucking games in and weve played City and United away plus Arsenal.

Will you please get a fucking grip
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhiteHeat

• Legacy Fan
  • wants the traditions of LFC back.
« Reply #1465 on: September 19, 2010, 10:12:18 pm »
Wasn't it player power (to an extent) that forced Rafa out? I heard rumours Gerrard and Carragher had Purslow round their little finger, so whether that's to do with it is anyone's guess. I haven't seen either praise RB since his departure either.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1466 on: September 19, 2010, 10:14:57 pm »
This should tell you everything. 3 points off 4th, 3 points off bottom. Its a nonsense

Does anyone remember the old days. If you wanted to see the league table youd have to wait 10 games then the paper would have it. Even ceefax would wait until 8 games

Spot on. I remember desperately waiting for the Echo on a Saturday night for the first sight of a league table, all before teletext/sky etc.

Let's see where we are after 10 games. I suspect we'll be about 6th !

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #1467 on: September 19, 2010, 10:14:57 pm »
Liverpool frustrate the life out of me i just dont understand why we didnt press them instead of giving possession away cheaply then sitting back.I dont like having a moan at managers but why did roy bring on agger and jovanovic for konchesky and meireles when we had the mancs on the back foot.They were there for the taking if we had the self belief but we didnt and lost the game cos of that. :butt :butt
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1468 on: September 19, 2010, 10:15:30 pm »

It's also about how we play.

We did very well against Arsenal. That was a team that played with pride. City? I've heard rumours that we sent a team, but I didn't see them out there. We were lucky to beat WBA and lucky not to lose to Birmingham. We were dead, but came back against Man U, but then just surrendered and lost. Apart from Arsenal, hardly inspiring stuff.

Offline silver 5 star

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1469 on: September 19, 2010, 10:16:42 pm »
That's the spirit.

And on caferouge there's probably someone saying how ashamed he was by the 'Murderers' chants and some clown saying 'nah, fuck 'em - did you hear their Munich shite'.  That attitude of tit for tat just leads to the lowest common denominator prevailing. (IMHO)

After Shankly died the mancs brought an inflateable skeleton into the Anny Road and sang "Shankly, Shankly 81" whilst tearing it to pieces.

Linking hands and singing "I'd like to teach the world to sing" is not going to solve this issue.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #1470 on: September 19, 2010, 10:16:51 pm »
I think that Agger is a remarkable CB, However he is more of a elegant CB that a rough and tough CB, and when ur up against Rooney and Berbatov, seen as Carragher is so unlikely to be dropped, i personally think you need physical CB's and that's why Skrtel played. I would also play Skrtel when we play Chelsea as i can see him dealing with Drogba better than Agger.

You're out of your mind.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1471 on: September 19, 2010, 10:17:21 pm »
Roy seriously needs to realise we arnt Fulham, Why are we letting teams have so much space and allowing them to cross so much? It's suicide with no aerial presence in our defence

Offline adamski29

• Kopite
    • limerick sliding wardrobes
« Reply #1472 on: September 19, 2010, 10:18:42 pm »
I think that Agger is a remarkable CB, However he is more of a elegant CB that a rough and tough CB, and when ur up against Rooney and Berbatov, seen as Carragher is so unlikely to be dropped, i personally think you need physical CB's and that's why Skrtel played. I would also play Skrtel when we play Chelsea as i can see him dealing with Drogba better than Agger.

And by dealing with him you mean manhandling him until he gives away a penalty which he,s bound to if he keeps that shit up

Offline saintslfc13

• Kopite
« Reply #1473 on: September 19, 2010, 10:18:46 pm »
Sorry, can you point out to me where i actually said that Roy would bring us no.19?

Do you actually believe that if Rafa had won the title last season he would have been sacked?

I never said that Hodgson was my choice either, but when a Manager is sacked another usually replaces him.

Try reading the post 1st before making ridiculous comments.

Do you honestly think Rafa's sacking was due to him not winning anything for 4 years? Rafa was sacked because he constantly called our owners/board out for what they were, although not as colorfully as some of us do. He didn't want to leave, but was paid to go and who can blame him? He couldn't just sit here and fight a losing battle especially with the amount of whoppers out there who were turning on him. Now we have a manager who's CV/Resumé isn't close to being on par with his, and who's early results have done little to give us hope. It's been a rough schedule sure but it's the way we've been set up against most of the teams we've played that is the problem. The way he sits there and lets Sammy give out all the instructions at times.

Once we had them on their heels we let them off the hook, as if to say "see we can beat you now don't mess with us and we'll let you have a draw", a Rafa team wouldn't have done that, a Rafa team would've went for the kill. It's all moot though as the man's gone but I think some perspective on why he's gone is necessary. He wasn't fired for not winning, he was fired for not taking the bullshit we've been subjected to as a club by our owners and board lightly. I have no doubt in my mind that if he didn't call them out like he did he'd still be our manager, but then I wouldn't have the same respect for him I do now.

If we had wanted to hire a manager to win and play attractive football then we'd have looked at bringing in a Pellegrini or Rijkaard even, if we wanted a true Liverpool FC man to be our caretaker/manager then Kenny was there willing to be the guy. Instead we hired a manager the media wanted us to hire, and while I do want him to do well, I'm slowly losing faith that he's capable of it. He'll have my support but if these performances and to a lesser extent results continue then he will need to go sooner rather than later, new owners or not.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 10:21:31 pm by saintslfc13 »

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1474 on: September 19, 2010, 10:19:07 pm »
Wasn't it player power (to an extent) that forced Rafa out? I heard rumours Gerrard and Carragher had Purslow round their little finger, so whether that's to do with it is anyone's guess. I haven't seen either praise RB since his departure either.

Round their little finger? I can think of a few things they should have done to him...

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1475 on: September 19, 2010, 10:20:40 pm »

No. Skrtel is a penalty waiting to happen.

Offline Crank

• Main Stander
« Reply #1476 on: September 19, 2010, 10:21:32 pm »
That's the spirit.

And on caferouge there's probably someone saying how ashamed he was by the 'Murderers' chants and some clown saying 'nah, fuck 'em - did you hear their Munich shite'.  That attitude of tit for tat just leads to the lowest common denominator prevailing. (IMHO)

You're right, but sadly there will always be groups of fans on both sides who fail to realise it.

Worst bit is seeing fathers pass the chants on to their kids, which means it will continue forever, and probably get worse because they don't remember the events and it's just a chant to wind up the opposing fans.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1477 on: September 19, 2010, 10:27:47 pm »
In the words of Hodgson... Didn't think we'd get anything out of this game.

Offline chuckberry

• Anny Roader
  • The year of the Rabbit - El Pistolero
« Reply #1478 on: September 19, 2010, 10:28:15 pm »
United dominated the first half. Their passing was far more dangerous than liverpools. I think liverpool did put together some pretty passes but united went on the attack every time. The pressure told eventually. As has been said for 15 years we need at least one very high quality winger. I'd be happy to sell babel, lucas, kite, poulson to make it happen. For our team it would make a huge difference. Also we shouldn't leave torres on his own upfront anymore. Even if he's with pacheco I think he needs some assistance. Finally agger should play as first choice centre back every week. Carra should be dropped and we would improve enough to give united a fight.
I got the cleanest meanest penis
Ya never seen this stroke of genius

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1479 on: September 19, 2010, 10:30:00 pm »
It's also about how we play.

We did very well against Arsenal. That was a team that played with pride. City? I've heard rumours that we sent a team, but I didn't see them out there. We were lucky to beat WBA and lucky not to lose to Birmingham. We were dead, but came back against Man U, but then just surrendered and lost. Apart from Arsenal, hardly inspiring stuff.

No. But lets just wait and see.

The same as the league table, we have to see what happens when the dust settles. He's had what 7 competative games. Give him a chance
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp