Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures 21st - 23rd August  (Read 52376 times)

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Premier League Fixtures 21st - 23rd August
« Reply #1240 on: August 22, 2010, 07:01:15 pm »
Anyone know the capacity of St James Park, I thought it was 50k, but noticed the attendance was 43k today. I thought they sold out most home games, even if Villa didn't sell their full allocation if Newcastle's capacity is 50k todays turn out was well short.

One of the top tiers looked a bit empty holds about 52,000.

Offline milankakabaros

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1241 on: August 22, 2010, 07:06:39 pm »
All of Sunday's match highlights

http://motdclips.blogspot.com/

Congrats to Fulham for digging deep and getting the late equalizer.
Keep up to track with the video compilations.
http://twitter.com/milankakabaros

http://www.footylounge.com/films/

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1242 on: August 22, 2010, 07:14:30 pm »
As much as its seems Fulham may become MU's bogey team, you all saw the Ferguson luck (which I regularly tell you about) in full force today.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1243 on: August 22, 2010, 07:15:33 pm »
As much as its seems Fulham may become MU's bogey team, you all saw the Ferguson luck (which I regularly tell you about) in full force today.

He pays good money for that luck. ;)

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
  • You come at the king, you best not miss
« Reply #1244 on: August 22, 2010, 07:32:21 pm »

The goal was lucky but the fact is look how they go for it in the last 15 minutes. They have so many men forward which is bound to create pressure which results in mistakes. If you look at them when they go for it they always have 4-6 men in the box in open play
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NickyGarewal

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1245 on: August 22, 2010, 07:32:49 pm »
Taken from Urban Dictionary:

Alex Ferguson's Luck = Referees bending over time and time again everytime Manchester United play in the Premier League.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1246 on: August 22, 2010, 07:39:03 pm »
Na, that's their O'Shea song. They've been singing it for years to be fair to the horrible wankers.

That's cool. I just don't want to be listening to more of that hatred bollocks that gets passed over.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1247 on: August 22, 2010, 07:43:13 pm »
The goal was lucky but the fact is look how they go for it in the last 15 minutes. They have so many men forward which is bound to create pressure which results in mistakes. If you look at them when they go for it they always have 4-6 men in the box in open play
Yep, I've always admired it and its something we crave for isn't it mate.

Still a lucky c*nt though.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #1248 on: August 22, 2010, 07:48:53 pm »
We can now add Peter Walton to the list of refs who are "shit scared of Mr F."

No other reason to explain his performance today. He was looking clearly at both penalty incidents yet favoured the mancs in his decisions on both. With all this help is it any wonder they are certain to finish in the top two.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
  • You come at the king, you best not miss
« Reply #1249 on: August 22, 2010, 08:02:02 pm »
Yep, I've always admired it and its something we crave for isn't it mate.

Still a lucky c*nt though.

Oh ye no doubt they are luckier than most are the amount of decisions that go their way is quite frankly shocking.

Its just i wish we attacked in numbers like that especially at home. We may lose the odd game but we'd turn those draws into wins which make all the difference.

If you have a look at their midfield it really isn't that special. Its just the way they play and that is where you have to hand to old whiskey nose
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NickyGarewal

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1250 on: August 22, 2010, 09:31:50 pm »
Predictably, Sky finding every reason they can to say that the missed penalty should have been retaken - if it was Fulham taking that penalty you can bet nothing of the sort would be mentioned.

Embarassing stuff.
Sky have a vested interest in United doing well which is why you see the ref shit himself if he does'nt throw United a bone. If he fails to do this he gets crucified in the post match shakedown by hairy hands and co.
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1251 on: August 23, 2010, 11:04:24 am »
looking at the weekend, anyone who thinks this is the best league in the world needs their head testing. exciting yes but quality wise not in a million years. i've seen better defending from most pub sides on a sunday morning.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #1252 on: August 23, 2010, 11:45:51 am »
We can now add Peter Walton to the list of refs who are "shit scared of Mr F."

No other reason to explain his performance today. He was looking clearly at both penalty incidents yet favoured the mancs in his decisions on both. With all this help is it any wonder they are certain to finish in the top two.

Walton should be forced before the F.A to explain how he interpreted those 2 decisions. They were both fucking scandalous. As usual though it will all be brushed under the carpet.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #1253 on: August 23, 2010, 12:06:08 pm »
Walton should be forced before the F.A to explain how he interpreted those 2 decisions. They were both fucking scandalous. As usual though it will all be brushed under the carpet.

I think it's a bit of a scandal when refs don't come out and face the cameras and say WHY they gave what they gave. If they're prepared to award whatever decisions they give then the very least they ought to be obliged to do is justify it under the laws of the game. Last season crap decisions at the Bridge (blatant offence by Terry un the lead up to their goal and Drogba a mile offside in their 2-1 win at OT.

There now, that's a bit of balance......mmmmmm ;D ;D ;D ;D
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1254 on: August 23, 2010, 12:16:43 pm »
the refereeing in the mancs game from walton was a fucking scandal, especially when you consider that a 25 year old ref in his first prem game had the balls to give a penalty for shirt pulling in the area in the birmingham-blackburn game 24 hours earlier.

Offline Semi Skimmed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1255 on: August 23, 2010, 12:54:16 pm »
I think it's a bit of a scandal when refs don't come out and face the cameras and say WHY they gave what they gave. If they're prepared to award whatever decisions they give then the very least they ought to be obliged to do is justify it under the laws of the game. Last season crap decisions at the Bridge (blatant offence by Terry un the lead up to their goal and Drogba a mile offside in their 2-1 win at OT.

There now, that's a bit of balance......mmmmmm ;D ;D ;D ;D

Or why in the very same game Maaacchheeedddaa sportingly punched the ball into the net to score, and no officials spot it. However that never gets mentioned.

That's a bit better balanced don't you think?

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1256 on: August 23, 2010, 01:22:06 pm »
Or why in the very same game Maaacchheeedddaa sportingly punched the ball into the net to score, and no officials spot it. However that never gets mentioned.

That's a bit better balanced don't you think?

Well try as he might, he couldn't get his hand out of the way before wouldn't you just know it, the ball arrived and hit it didn't it......?

Playing handball for Italy next Olympics seemingly..... ;) 8)
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1257 on: August 23, 2010, 01:28:04 pm »
the refereeing in the mancs game from walton was a fucking scandal, especially when you consider that a 25 year old ref in his first prem game had the balls to give a penalty for shirt pulling in the area in the birmingham-blackburn game 24 hours earlier.

Alleluia - at long last a ref who'll put his balls out there and penalise this choreographed bollux - at almost every corner and set piece these days.

Now then, wonder if the rest of the refffing fraternity will be taking note of this decision....??? They bleedin' well ought to 'cos it's the only way this bollux'll get stopped. Well done that young man!

But a word of warning, now you've drawn your line in the sand, from now on, you'll need to be consistent son. Good luck!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: August 23, 2010, 01:29:31 pm »
Alleluia - at long last a ref who'll put his balls out there and penalise this choreographed bollux - at almost every corner and set piece these days.

Now then, wonder if the rest of the refffing fraternity will be taking note of this decision....??? They bleedin' well ought to 'cos it's the only way this bollux'll get stopped. Well done that young man!

But a word of warning, now you've drawn your line in the sand, from now on, you'll need to be consistent son. Good luck!

Well it's obvious that the refs aren't following his lead otherwise Fulham would have a penalty against your team yesterday no?

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1259 on: August 23, 2010, 01:51:18 pm »
Well it's obvious that the refs aren't following his lead otherwise Fulham would have a penalty against your team yesterday no?

Is the word "obvious" being used purely in the context of any United game or do you intend it to apply equally to ALL offenders in the Premiership ? If your answer's "yes it should apply across the board" then fine I'm with you 100%.

If however, any application of the rule must only apply to any other team than yours - and especially to United - then don't bother stating offences you've perhaps seen committed elsewhere.

I think if you watch closely tonight there'll be plenty of wrestling at every set piece - from both Liverpool and City - in order to gain an advantage.

I hope the ref tonight at Wastelands follows the trend-setting ref from the Birmingham/Blackburn game and awards any he sees. This is a debate about consistency and stopping cheating in the game - WHOEVER might be guilty.

I hope you can wrap your head round the point I'm trying make. I want to see fairness win and cheats punished - WHOEVER they are and WHOEVER's shirt they might be wearing. The keyword is CONSISTENCY. Deliver that and the problem's solved.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: August 23, 2010, 01:54:20 pm »
Is the word "obvious" being used purely in the context of any United game or do you intend it to apply equally to ALL offenders in the Premiership ? If your answer's "yes it should apply across the board" then fine I'm with you 100%.

If however, any application of the rule must only apply to any other team than yours - and especially to United - then don't bother stating offences you've perhaps seen committed elsewhere.

I think if you watch closely tonight there'll be plenty of wrestling at every set piece - from both Liverpool and City - in order to gain an advantage.

I hope the ref tonight at Wastelands follows the trend-setting ref from the Birmingham/Blackburn game and awards any he sees. This is a debate about consistency and stopping cheating in the game - WHOEVER might be guilty.

I hope you can wrap your head round the point I'm trying make. I want to see fairness win and cheats punished - WHOEVER they are and WHOEVER's shirt they might be wearing. The keyword is CONSISTENCY. Deliver that and the problem's solved.

Well it was pretty much addressed as across the board, but since your game was yesterday and i didn't see much evidence of it in the Villa- Newcastle game, yours was the only game I could point at.

But the Walton did have a great game for you guys so....

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1261 on: August 23, 2010, 06:45:15 pm »

Completely agree, but at the moment United get away with every little foul and most blatant fouls. In the past couple of seasons we've seen a penalty given against us for shirt-pulling (Arbeloa vs Portsmouth), players sent off for dissent which wasn't even dissent and beach ball goals. Whereas United appear to get the luck going in a completely opposite direction.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1262 on: August 23, 2010, 08:24:28 pm »
We're defending badly! Cmon Liverpool!
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline deepdish

• Main Stander
« Reply #1263 on: August 23, 2010, 10:09:23 pm »
I know you guys are hurting now, but fuck me, as a Villa fan I feel battered again today seeing Barry and Milner cheering after creating the first goal.

Football sucks and I really, really, really hate the idea of City getting into top 4,

Offline mildale

• Mildly Jealous of a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1264 on: August 23, 2010, 10:12:24 pm »
I hate football nowadays.
www.twitter.com/mildale89

Oh and dont use Mars bars as sex tools. Took me ages to get it all out.

Offline Legendary

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm sorry Wayne. Please finish your cider.
« Reply #1265 on: August 23, 2010, 10:20:30 pm »
I hate football nowadays.

All about money and not about love for the game. It's a shame.
Every Kick. Every Half. Every Game. Every Year. Liverpool Football Club.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: August 23, 2010, 10:41:52 pm »
Football sucks and I really, really, really hate the idea of City getting into top 4,

I actually didn't think City looked very good tonight - it was an effective performance rather than an impressive one. Johnson is really starting to look a player though

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1267 on: August 23, 2010, 10:49:53 pm »
Adam Johnson is absolutely brilliant.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: August 24, 2010, 07:24:12 am »
Adam Johnson is absolutely brilliant.

Which is why Capello cocked up badly by taking SWP to South Africa instead of Adam Johnson.
It would have made little difference to the team's outcome in my opinion but it would have given the youngster terrific big time event experience. SWP really was a waste of a spot.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1269 on: August 24, 2010, 07:28:54 am »

Well St.Mick, was there any wrestling or shirt-pulling at set pieces last night that went unpunished by a ref with no balls?

I won't have Sky so didn't see anything of your game - hence the question.