Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 393813 times)

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #4080 on: December 1, 2016, 09:48:11 am »
Didn't realise Tara's older brother is Francis off Malcolm in the Middle, can't believe they're related.

I think the single character POV episodes aren't being done because of artistic reasons, it's probably more to save money on the main cast and also to keep them happy. Andrew Lincoln and Chandler Riggs have been doing this shit for 7 years now, there's no way they want to carry on forever.  I'd imagine it's the same for alot of the main cast who've been on the show for a while, so limiting the amount of episodes they're in and reducing their filming schedule probably helps to keep them sweet.

It's their job though! One which they are VERY handsomely paid for and which has made most of them big stars. Chandler Riggs should be thankful he's still got his TWD gig with his limited acting ability, he'll be lucky to be in anything as big again after this, as will most of the others too.

I said earlier if some of them can't be arsed anymore and want it is a side gig, either kill them off or better yet cut it down to a 10 episode run and tighten it up.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2016, 10:06:43 am by Bunter »

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4081 on: December 1, 2016, 11:35:40 am »
Fair play Alanna Masterson

In terms of pacing, I think it is too late for the show to build up to a major episode by season break, it would feel rushed,  may just be better this half-season to be a massive setup and let the second half push on from there. Have they got the balance right for the episodes? No, I agree with everyone that some of these could have been merged together.

If it is the cast being a problem, kill them off if they are making demands that hinder story. Killing off a major character would help build up a sense of threat in a world that feels "so and so won't die, just the side members of the group". It might also allow them to start again in building up characters, the show is good at sense of wider world, sometimes it's baddies and excellent at one off characters but I'm not sure I would particularly care if any of the group died. The fondness all comes from earlier seasons when the characters were concentrated on and built up or when first introduced so got some time

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4082 on: December 1, 2016, 12:02:23 pm »
Reason she had gained weight

"Dear Instagram trolls, body shamers, and the men and woman who think it's ok to comment on my weight:
I hope that you don't have children. And if you do, I hope you teach them about kindness and acceptance. I hope they learn that it isn't ok to make fun of people or call people names. I hope one day YOU learn what it takes to be a parent. A kind, selfless parent. A working parent. A parent that puts themselves in someone else's shoes. Maybe you can't get it through your thick f*cking skull, but nursing a baby for a year (and pumping in a van between takes, in the dead of summer in Georgia) is a lot of work, determination, and scheduling. So before you decide to make a comment about my chest being 'too large' or how 'fat' I've become, just know that this little girl got the best start to life. I wouldn't have changed it for a second. I would've gladly continued to eat enough calories to produce milk for her little bones to grow.
Also, grow the f*ck up. Your mother should be ashamed for raising such a judgmental bully. I'm sure she knows how 'courageous' you must be for trolling and hiding behind your Iphone and computers. P.s. I would LOVE to see any man or woman give birth to a baby, nurse the baby, and then work 17 hour days and NAIL their own stunts. P.s.s. Be kind to each other. We need it now more than ever. ❤️✌🏼️"

Fair play, still doesn't take away that the episode was shit lol

She looks just fine to me, which takes away from her point I know. Fair play to her, anyone who comments negatively on
another person being overweight or whatever should themselves present their body for the public to criticize and see how they like it.

It wasn't a well directed episode though, there are few times they were aiming for comedy, didn't quite work.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4083 on: December 1, 2016, 12:42:48 pm »
If it is the cast being a problem, kill them off if they are making demands that hinder story. Killing off a major character would help build up a sense of threat in a world that feels "so and so won't die, just the side members of the group". It might also allow them to start again in building up characters, the show is good at sense of wider world, sometimes it's baddies and excellent at one off characters but I'm not sure I would particularly care if any of the group died. The fondness all comes from earlier seasons when the characters were concentrated on and built up or when first introduced so got some time

Did you watch the first episode? Two of the main group got barbarically bludgeoned to death by a barbed wire laced baseball bat.

Did you watch the fourth episode? Negan outmaneuvered them, took all their weapons and reduced them to emotional lemons.

Come on now, there are legitimate criticisms of this show, but to say everyone is too safe certainly isn't one of them. They've consistently killed off big characters. Equally, they're not going to kill Rick or Daryl lightly; many people would stop watching, myself included probably in the case of Rick.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #4084 on: December 1, 2016, 02:02:35 pm »
Reason she had gained weight

"Dear Instagram trolls, body shamers, and the men and woman who think it's ok to comment on my weight:
I hope that you don't have children. And if you do, I hope you teach them about kindness and acceptance. I hope they learn that it isn't ok to make fun of people or call people names. I hope one day YOU learn what it takes to be a parent. A kind, selfless parent. A working parent. A parent that puts themselves in someone else's shoes. Maybe you can't get it through your thick f*cking skull, but nursing a baby for a year (and pumping in a van between takes, in the dead of summer in Georgia) is a lot of work, determination, and scheduling. So before you decide to make a comment about my chest being 'too large' or how 'fat' I've become, just know that this little girl got the best start to life. I wouldn't have changed it for a second. I would've gladly continued to eat enough calories to produce milk for her little bones to grow.
Also, grow the f*ck up. Your mother should be ashamed for raising such a judgmental bully. I'm sure she knows how 'courageous' you must be for trolling and hiding behind your Iphone and computers. P.s. I would LOVE to see any man or woman give birth to a baby, nurse the baby, and then work 17 hour days and NAIL their own stunts. P.s.s. Be kind to each other. We need it now more than ever. ❤️✌🏼️"

Fair play, still doesn't take away that the episode was shit lol

to be honest her weight/shape didn't even register with me.  her lack of acting talent was more of a concern, but even that paled in comparison to the script she had to labour under.

anyway, are there really people who'll pass comments like that?  i can't help thinking they're all bots or something.  i fear for the future of humanity otherwise.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4085 on: December 1, 2016, 07:21:22 pm »
It would be nice to get through a page of this thread without the same flipping moaning.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4086 on: December 1, 2016, 07:38:15 pm »
I liked last weeks, but this one was shite. The only point of interest for me is what Negan did to that group, and whether Rick's group can expect the same.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4087 on: December 1, 2016, 08:12:30 pm »

anyway, are there really people who'll pass comments like that?  i can't help thinking they're all bots or something.  i fear for the future of humanity otherwise.

It's all the internet seems to be now. I was discussing this with someone earlier, about how the Youtube comment section - and other places - are just full of negativity spouting, troll c*nts, that do nothing but mouth racist comments or just immediately moan about something being shit. Now, don't get me wrong, we all like a moan about something, so long as it's  debatable within reason, then it's fine, but it's almost like a hate culture has set in. Common sense has gone out the window.

Offline mgs88

• Main Stander
« Reply #4088 on: December 1, 2016, 11:41:07 pm »
Didn't realise Tara's older brother is Francis off Malcolm in the Middle, can't believe they're related.

It's their job though! One which they are VERY handsomely paid for and which has made most of them big stars. Chandler Riggs should be thankful he's still got his TWD gig with his limited acting ability, he'll be lucky to be in anything as big again after this, as will most of the others too.

I said earlier if some of them can't be arsed anymore and want it is a side gig, either kill them off or better yet cut it down to a 10 episode run and tighten it up.

Their other brother was Hyde in that 70's show too

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4089 on: December 2, 2016, 07:54:52 am »
It would be nice to get through a page of this thread without the same flipping moaning.

Couldn't agree more. Shame the folks working on the show are doing nothing to prevent it.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4090 on: December 2, 2016, 08:44:12 am »
Did you watch the first episode? Two of the main group got barbarically bludgeoned to death by a barbed wire laced baseball bat.

No, I wrote a review of that first episode without watching it.  ;)

Abraham was not, in my view, a main character: he is a Tara not a Glen. Your right, Glen did die in a episode massively previewed as someone would die. So main characters can nowadays day once in a blue moon in a big "someone will die episode." That is not the same as an atmosphere of main characters could die at any time when they go out.

Did you watch the fourth episode? Negan outmaneuvered them, took all their weapons and reduced them to emotional lemons.

I'm not sure what that has to do with my post? I really enjoyed that episode and I gave the reasons why at the time.

Come on now, there are legitimate criticisms of this show, but to say everyone is too safe certainly isn't one of them. They've consistently killed off big characters. Equally, they're not going to kill Rick or Daryl lightly; many people would stop watching, myself included probably in the case of Rick.

I remember the early seasons when walking amongst the walking dead carried a sense of threat, a feeling that any of the characters could die at any time. When big events (I don't mean super big with months of build up events, just normal big) could indeed take out major characters. That there wasn't a sense of the untouchables (of course there was untouchables but it didn't feel like it, there was always the feeling of a chance they would die) who could turn up wearing nothing but handcuffs and insult Negan's mother to his face and would live becuase the show wouldn't touch them.

I don't understand why one would watch a show with walking dead+powerful enemies and go "but if a certain character dies, I'll stop watching." I'll stop watching when show drops to consistently poor  and stops having the great episodes and half-seasons it has, no character death would turn me away.

Fair enough. I have enjoyed most of this season despite my concerns at pacing and concentrated on things I think the show does well.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2016, 09:18:35 am by MagicHat »

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4091 on: December 2, 2016, 10:36:34 am »

You're surprised? It's a bloody cesspit.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4092 on: December 2, 2016, 02:58:20 pm »
You're surprised? It's a bloody cesspit.

to be honest, i assumed her post was referring to fan sites or something.  i gave up reading youtube comments years ago, except occasionally in that peek-into-a-parallel-universe way i sometimes read articles on the daily mail website.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Online Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #4093 on: December 5, 2016, 11:29:41 am »
Whilst I do still watch it, I don't understand why it still looks like it has the budget of a daytime UK soap based in a small hospital, and how the acting can still be so poor at times, especially given its popularity.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4094 on: December 5, 2016, 02:35:53 pm »
Enjoyed that episode

Spoiler
The effects on Karl's eye was awful though, hope they keep that wrapped up.

I really hope Spencer didn't kill Gabriel, he's one of the few good actors and seeing a priest shoot people was cool as fuck. Negan's harem is hilarious, reminds me of Mad Max. telling you the show would be better if they just kill everybody and make Negan the main character
[close]
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4095 on: December 5, 2016, 06:14:59 pm »
Whilst I do still watch it, I don't understand why it still looks like it has the budget of a daytime UK soap based in a small hospital, and how the acting can still be so poor at times, especially given its popularity.
Agreed, I ended up wondering if it is just me who is losing interest with the show. It has poor acting, repeating the same stuff over and over again, some bad CGI.

It must be that I am comparing this show to many others that are on TV and the ones I watched in the past. On its own, it may not be that terrible, however, after you watch some other shows and sit down to watch The Walking Dead... it feels a bit amateurish at times.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4096 on: December 6, 2016, 12:00:57 am »
enjoyed that, but it did sort of demonstrate the problem with multi-character episodes with so many utterly anonymous faces popping up. 

Spoiler
seriously, utterly anonymous white male fighting with latina stereotype rosita was as entirely anonymous as the utterly anonymous white male accompanying rick. i've watched every episode of this show and i have no idea who they are, and care even less.

and when that neganette got out of the car i wondered for a moment if this was another of the utterly anonymous white females in the bloated main group.

luckily, most of the episode was negan being the latest high-camp supervillain. despite my initial misgivings, he's definitely enjoyable to watch, once you've got over the initial motion sickness.

looks to be heading for an explosive mid-finale, so expect lots of terrible marksmanship...

and as for the comments above about the show looking like a daytime TV soap, don't ever watch FTWD.  it's like the 21st century never happened to that show. it remains one of only two TV shows i've ever given up on completely mid-season.
[close]

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4097 on: December 6, 2016, 12:19:43 am »
enjoyed that, but it did sort of demonstrate the problem with multi-character episodes with so many utterly anonymous faces popping up. 

Spoiler
seriously, utterly anonymous white male fighting with latina stereotype rosita was as entirely anonymous as the utterly anonymous white male accompanying rick. i've watched every episode of this show and i have no idea who they are, and care even less.

and when that neganette got out of the car i wondered for a moment if this was another of the utterly anonymous white females in the bloated main group.

luckily, most of the episode was negan being the latest high-camp supervillain. despite my initial misgivings, he's definitely enjoyable to watch, once you've got over the initial motion sickness.

looks to be heading for an explosive mid-finale, so expect lots of terrible marksmanship...

and as for the comments above about the show looking like a daytime TV soap, don't ever watch FTWD.  it's like the 21st century never happened to that show. it remains one of only two TV shows i've ever given up on completely mid-season.
[close]

Yeah I jibbed FTWD after about 4 episodes, shite
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4098 on: December 6, 2016, 12:57:29 am »
Finally a good episode, I like the idea of single character episodes but I just don't think there's enough interesting people on the show bar Carol and obviously Negan, as they could kill every other off and he would carry the show on his own going to be a sad day when he dies.
choose Life.

Offline Chavvie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4099 on: December 6, 2016, 09:29:34 am »

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

There is a case to be made for the main group being a bit bloated at the minute although with the mid season break coming up that's likely to change. Even so, I'm not sure how characters such as Spencer and Aaron can be considered to have just 'popped up' though. They were both present throughout the Alexandria storyline. Aaron was the first person from Alexandria that was introduced and was also in the group rounded up before Negan cracked some heads!

When they show up, I'm not confused by their presence as I haven't forgotten who they are. If you genuinely have no idea who they are, I'd have to put that down to a failure to pay attention

[close]

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4100 on: December 6, 2016, 09:30:25 am »
Oh man, this show.  :butt

*Shoots guy in van*
"I'm just here to kill Negan, nobody else has to die"
*Has several clear shots at Negan from a few feet away*
*Does nothing*

Get in the fucking bin.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2016, 09:35:52 am by A change without it backfiring! »

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
  • Killing threads and wrecking heads!
« Reply #4101 on: December 6, 2016, 12:40:56 pm »
Better episode than last weeks tripe.

Having 16 episodes a season seriously dilutes any quality that remains in the show. Especially when some of these 16 are an hour long. The writers must seriously struggle to fill all this time which is what results in poor episodes.

On the other hand though, this is no excuse for the consistently poor character development.

Also the novelty of Negan has wore off, he is one of the few good actors in the show and he's been reduced to a panto villain.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4102 on: December 6, 2016, 12:46:20 pm »
I don't think the novelty of Negan has wore off - I rather enjoy him hanging around like a bad smell. He's a complete psycho on the one hand but brilliantly comedic on the other.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4103 on: December 6, 2016, 12:52:19 pm »

Also the novelty of Negan has wore off.

If you're bored with Negan, then you're bored with life itself!!! [Timbo - December 6th 2016]

Ha ha

;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4104 on: December 6, 2016, 12:54:20 pm »
Would love to see a spin off showing how Negan rose to power and all the stuff his group did prior to meeting Rick and co.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #4105 on: December 6, 2016, 12:55:58 pm »
Would love to see a spin off showing how Negan rose to power and all the stuff his group did prior to meeting Rick and co.

That might be cool. Or a show where he is tied to a chair with a ball gag in his mouth and told to stay fucking still. Either one.  ;)
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4106 on: December 6, 2016, 12:57:08 pm »
I don't think the novelty of Negan has wore off - I rather enjoy him hanging around like a bad smell. He's a complete psycho on the one hand but brilliantly comedic on the other.

I thought last night the manic swings of his acting reached Ian McShane/Al Swearinger levels. Absolutely fucking amazing. We mere inconsequential mortals are not worthy of the privilege of watching this on the gogglebox.

;D

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4107 on: December 6, 2016, 12:58:09 pm »
That might be cool. Or a show where he is tied to a chair with a ball gag in his mouth and told to stay fucking still. Either one.  ;)

:lmao

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4108 on: December 6, 2016, 12:59:08 pm »

Having 16 episodes a season seriously dilutes any quality that remains in the show.

This is a fallacy, for the "Walking Dead" and for the vast majority of shows it is said about. It's the same thing when people
complain about films that last two hours and thiry minutes - it's a nonsense complaint and has nothing to do with anything.
A story takes as long as it takes.
That's not to say the show is perfect, far from it, but it's not because it has 16 fucking episodes.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4109 on: December 6, 2016, 01:00:11 pm »
This is a fallacy, for the "Walking Dead" and for the vast majority of shows it is said about. It's the same thing when people
complain about films that last two hours and thiry minutes - it's a nonsense complaint and has nothing to do with anything.
That's not to say the show is perfect, far from it, but it's not because it has 16 fucking episodes.

Eh up - Mongo's on a fucking roll here.

;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4110 on: December 6, 2016, 01:00:23 pm »

That could well be one of the episodes  ;D

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4111 on: December 6, 2016, 01:01:48 pm »

Spoiler
I get what they're trying to do but it's just not working for me. Maybe it's because how annoying the rest of the show is gone.

They just seem to be recycling the same stuff with him character wise- we already know he's a psycho who burns people's faces and has a sick sense of humour. I suppose my frustration with him is a result of my frustration with the show. 40 minutes of an hour long episode only confirmed what we already knew about him. I think further down the line they will angle Dwight against him why not use some of this time to show more of his character.
[close]

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4112 on: December 6, 2016, 01:03:57 pm »
That could well be one of the episodes  ;D

Or even a two parter - with Spencer and Aaron sat next to him talking bollocks!!

Just to piss Sideshow off!!!

;D
« Last Edit: December 6, 2016, 01:07:51 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4113 on: December 6, 2016, 01:07:59 pm »
I thought last night the manic swings of his acting reached Ian McShane/Al Swearinger levels. Absolutely fucking amazing. We mere inconsequential mortals are not worthy of the privilege of watching this on the gogglebox.

;D

Oh sweet fuck pal haha do we ever have different reads on this one  ;D I can't even find the words ... it's like amusement and fucking bafflement and rage and stuff  ... this is some Twilight Zone shit, Gumbo :lmao

Maybe like if Al had an epileptic fit while riding a tricycle it would be the same. There we go - common ground  :thumbup
And don't ask why a TV show causes rage in me, because I don't know either  ;D

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4114 on: December 6, 2016, 01:08:49 pm »

We are 7 episodes in and have had (arguably) 3 or 4 decent and the balance has been poor.

The main issue with this season is these 7 episodes could have been condensed down and increased the quality.

"A story takes as long as it takes." I've no problem with 16 episodes if they are quality and contribute to the story for the entirety.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4115 on: December 6, 2016, 01:12:04 pm »
Spoiler
Can someone explain how without being seen:

a] Jesus got on top of Negan's big van at the end

b] how he got off it

c] why he got on just so he could get off

[close]

Puzzled of West Derby

:)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4116 on: December 6, 2016, 01:14:27 pm »
Oh sweet fuck pal haha do we ever have different reads on this one  ;D I can't even find the words ... it's like amusement and fucking bafflement and rage and stuff  ... this is some Twilight Zone shit, Gumbo :lmao

Maybe like if Al had an epileptic fit while riding a tricycle it would be the same. There we go - common ground  :thumbup
And don't ask why a TV show causes rage in me, because I don't know either  ;D

What about when Al had the stone in his passway - he made negan look fucking static in that one!!!

;D

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4117 on: December 6, 2016, 01:16:45 pm »

I'm pretty sure we're gonna get that somewhere along the line. Possibly even episodes 9 and 10.

[Timbo - series advisor]

;D
« Last Edit: December 7, 2016, 02:36:07 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4118 on: December 6, 2016, 01:17:37 pm »
We are 7 episodes in and have had (arguably) 3 or 4 decent and the balance has been poor.

The main issue with this season is these 7 episodes could have been condensed down and increased the quality.

"A story takes as long as it takes." I've no problem with 16 episodes if they are quality and contribute to the story for the entirety.

I agree that the quality has been all over the place, absolutely, and they could have condensed episodes,
or told the story a different way, or told a different story altogether.
But none of that has anything to do with the number of episodes.
We aren't getting side stories and minor characters because there are 16 episodes - we are getting them
because the storytellers have chosen to tell their stories. I'm not going to defend that decision
because I have far too many problems with the characterization on this show as it is.
But this mindset that there is an ideal number of episodes per season is in the same family - not the same, but in the same family -
as the tremendous and unforgivable horse shit that killed "Lost" and before anyone jumps on that trampoline too hard,
don't bother - I already know that I am the only one who sees it or even remotely cares. But for once, I am right about that.
Anyway, that's why I sound so fired up - because I feel like people are having meta orgasms trying to look behind the curtain
rather than suspending their disbelief like good little boys like you and me are supposed to. It fucks me off a bit,
but more than that it frustrates the piss out of me.

And as if that wall of text weren't enough, here's another fucking thing.
The internet has done a crazy fucking thing to people that is apparent in this thread and, more than any other,
in the "Force Awakens" thread, and that is that in people's criticism now, people seem to be wanting to rewrite these stories.
"Well they shouldn't have gone back and made a remake of 'A New Hope,' they should have told the story this way ..."
It's fucked and I don't get it and I don't know where it comes from and I don't know what its parameters are,
so I don't know how to solve it. But I will, by God. Watch this space.

Offline kneeys

• We know the TRUTH,now give them JUSTICE.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Around long enough to know better...
« Reply #4119 on: December 6, 2016, 01:18:36 pm »
Spoiler
Can someone explain how without being seen:

a] Jesus got on top of Negan's big van at the end

b] how he got off it

c] why he got on just so he could get off

[close]

Puzzled of West Derby

:)

I think the answer is in the character's name.
Will also do tricks with food water etc  ;)
The s*n so full of shit you could not even use it to wipe your arse