Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 393319 times)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #5040 on: April 20, 2018, 12:35:39 pm »
Season nine will feature a time jump when it returns from what ive read

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5041 on: April 20, 2018, 01:38:54 pm »

The ending will feature Negan suddenly waking up at a check-out till with Rick buying a baseball bat for his young son and a strange man shouting 'this man doth fallen asleep upon his throne!'
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #5042 on: April 20, 2018, 02:21:01 pm »

It won't be to a time where I give a fuck though!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #5043 on: April 20, 2018, 02:39:49 pm »
So they have a time jump to allow them to build something, so a new threat can emerge to destroy it?

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5044 on: April 20, 2018, 03:14:52 pm »
The time jump is to put it in line with FTWD isnt it, which just had it;s own time jump
cyas

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #5045 on: April 20, 2018, 03:21:48 pm »
It won't be to a time where I give a fuck though!
He says,whilst posting in a thread aboot a show hes apparently no longer arsed aboot

You must be a nightmmare for ye ex GF's ;D ;)

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #5046 on: April 20, 2018, 03:24:25 pm »
The ending will feature Negan suddenly waking up at a check-out till with Rick buying a baseball bat for his young son and a strange man shouting 'this man doth fallen asleep upon his throne!'
In a nostalgic twist Rick is found bumming Bobby Ewing in a shower scene,but this time he actually is dead,and a zombie

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5047 on: April 20, 2018, 04:32:41 pm »
Morgan finds a Delorean hidden under some foliage behind a billboard. The entire series is about him trying to get it from 0-88 mph, but those damn zombies keep getting in his way.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #5048 on: April 20, 2018, 10:36:27 pm »
In a nostalgic twist Rick is found bumming Bobby Ewing in a shower scene,but this time he actually is dead,and a zombie

:lmao

Nice one CD

;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5049 on: April 21, 2018, 09:39:12 am »

I'd quite like there to be a big zombie battle with them all in the thick of it, and then the camera zooms out to the moon and Ed Harris is in there stroking a picture of Rick and directing a load of secret cameras.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #5050 on: April 28, 2018, 05:14:45 pm »
https://www.gamesradar.com/the-walking-dead-season-9-wont-be-rick-vs-maggie-and-4-more-things-weve-learnt/?utm_content=buffercccbf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer_tftw

Scott Gimple “What Maggie has said to Daryl and Jesus was, ‘The Hilltop is going to flourish… I’m going to lead this place and make it work. But after that, I have this little thing on my to-do list, and it has to do with Negan,’” Gimple reveals. “That’s the main thing. It isn’t like, ‘I wanna get Rick!’ or something like that, it’s about Negan.”

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #5051 on: May 2, 2018, 03:19:17 pm »
https://www.gamesradar.com/the-walking-dead-season-9-wont-be-rick-vs-maggie-and-4-more-things-weve-learnt/?utm_content=buffercccbf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer_tftw

Scott Gimple “What Maggie has said to Daryl and Jesus was, ‘The Hilltop is going to flourish… I’m going to lead this place and make it work. But after that, I have this little thing on my to-do list, and it has to do with Negan,’” Gimple reveals. “That’s the main thing. It isn’t like, ‘I wanna get Rick!’ or something like that, it’s about Negan.”

She totally wants to bone him.

And yes, that will be my last contribution to this thread, I'm going to read some marketing books on my commute instead.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #5052 on: May 2, 2018, 03:23:49 pm »

And yes, that will be my last contribution to this thread, I'm going to read some marketing books on my commute instead.
:lmao
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #5053 on: May 3, 2018, 12:41:38 am »

haha bet its not.Youre like Barry George with Jill Dando in this thread.You cant leave her alone ;D

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #5054 on: May 30, 2018, 12:07:20 am »
https://mashable.com/2018/05/29/walking-dead-andrew-lincoln-leaving-season-9/?europe=true&utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link#M9YxfoYpwqqq

The Walking Dead started with Rick Grimes story, but it may not be ending there.

Andrew Lincoln, whose character plays a central role even within the show's ensemble cast, will reportedly end his time on the AMC series during Season 9, according to Collider. It's not clear exactly how he'll exit the story, but this is a show about the zombie apocalypse. It probably won't be pleasant.

If the report is accurate, Lincoln may not even last for the full season. Collider notes that he'll only be appearing in a half-dozen episodes. His departure makes room for longtime co-star Norman Reedus, who plays Daryl Dixon, to take the lead role. Reedus is expected to do exactly that, with AMC having reportedly offered him "substantial compensation" to stick around and lead the cast. (A rep for the show declined to comment on the report to Mashable.)

Another, coincidentally timed Monday report from TV Line — which backs up an April report from Deadline (I know) — notes that Lauren Cohan, who plays Maggie on the show, will only be back for six of the first half of Season 9's eight episodes. There's no word on whether or not she'll return for the back half of the season.

There had been some question about Cohan returning at all, since her contract expired after Season 8. But then Cohan herself confirmed she'd be back in late April.

Rick Grimes is a central character in The Walking Dead universe, for both the TV series and the comic books on which it is based. AMC's version opened on Rick and his story, and continued to make him the ongoing plot's principal focus in all the seasons that followed.

The move echoes a similar casting change in Season 8 when Chandler Riggs left the show after his character, Carl Grimes (Rick's son), succumbed to a zombie bite. It was greeted as a surprising development among fans, many of whom come to the show from the comic.

In Robert Kirkman's sprawling Image Comics series, Rick and Carl Grimes both are still very much alive, and still central players in the ongoing story. They've been through their share of hardships, but both are among the more untouchable members of the comic's cast.

What makes Carl's and now (if true) Rick's exit all the more surprising is the fact that the AMC series has largely hewn closer and closer to the comic book storyline with each passing season. That may still be the case even with every member of the Grimes family out of the picture, but it's going to mean some major changes to the show's central relationships.

For now, all that's left to do is wait and see what kind of horrible end the show might have in store for Rick Grime.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #5055 on: May 30, 2018, 12:58:00 am »
Five seasons too late.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5056 on: May 30, 2018, 02:35:43 am »
Can't believe they are going to continue it without him. The show has been Rick's story since episode 1.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #5057 on: May 30, 2018, 04:18:18 pm »
Daryl's going to kill Rick

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5058 on: May 30, 2018, 04:56:32 pm »
I actually really like this news, as it's probably the thing that will finally get me to drop the show. The last few seasons I've definitely been watching it because I'd been watching it for so long.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5059 on: May 30, 2018, 07:05:12 pm »
Can't believe they are going to continue it without him. The show has been Rick's story since episode 1.

Fear are showing them how it should be done.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5060 on: May 31, 2018, 12:23:46 am »
I'd quite like there to be a big zombie battle with them all in the thick of it, and then the camera zooms out to the moon and Ed Harris is in there stroking a picture of Rick and directing a load of secret cameras.

I’d quite like to see Malcom Tucker battle with zombies too.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #5061 on: June 1, 2018, 05:26:23 pm »
In fighting between the main group will be boring as fuck to watch

If they are going to do a season where the zombies are the main threat they need to up it a LOT, they've been killing muppets for about 6 years now. The need a semi intelligent breed or even just fast zombies...do something!!!!

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5062 on: June 3, 2018, 02:41:02 pm »
I don't think daryl (though he is a fan y) can carry a series on his own. Sadly this really means the shows demise is all but confirmed. I can't see it hitting the highs of season 3 to 5 (ratings wise).
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #5063 on: June 4, 2018, 10:09:55 am »
I actually really like this news, as it's probably the thing that will finally get me to drop the show. The last few seasons I've definitely been watching it because I'd been watching it for so long.
I've been asking myself why I keep watching TWD and the bolded part must be it. Whatever happens, I think it's time to put an end to it :)

FTWD is better these days I think and for me that's enough, although I would've loved for them to develop the transition between 'normal' and 'chaos' more. Big opportunity missed there.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5064 on: June 9, 2018, 10:21:53 pm »
Stick a fork in it already.

Offline mgs88

• Main Stander
« Reply #5065 on: June 10, 2018, 01:51:54 am »
Stick a fork in it already.
Why waste a fork? I've just bit the bullet and deleted the second half of the latest season from my sky planner. I'm one of these people that likes to see a programme through to the end cough cough prison break, but even I can't justify watching it any more.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #5066 on: June 10, 2018, 05:26:22 pm »
The Walking Dead will never be the same without Rick Grimes, it is his story from day one. This show used to be brilliant, but This will be the final nail in the coffin of this series, that has gone downhill recently.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5067 on: June 10, 2018, 05:52:13 pm »
The Walking Dead will never be the same without Rick Grimes, it is his story from day one. This show used to be brilliant, but This will be the final nail in the coffin of this series, that has gone downhill recently.

I thought the same when Fear came out but that has turned into twice the show imo

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5068 on: October 5, 2018, 01:43:13 pm »
Back on Monday in the UK ;D

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5069 on: October 6, 2018, 12:08:11 am »
I thought the same when Fear came out but that has turned into twice the show imo
Not anymore it hasn't.

That went off a cliff. The quality of the writing on there is probably now worse than the parent show (I know harsh words, and hard to believe, but it's true) and has suffered a decline in quality in a single half of a series rarely seen in a show. That's what happens when you have to kill off your main characters, I suppose, and you're left with trying to find a meaningful direction for the remainder. I mean, I know it's a show about zombies and that, but if you expect me to buy into the idea that there is basically one fucking road in an entire state in America; a road where 8 episodes are spent placing boxes full of goodies and evading a middle aged black woman, then the writers can all fuck off back to secondary school, where I'm sure they recently just left.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #5070 on: October 6, 2018, 12:28:50 pm »
Not anymore it hasn't.

That went off a cliff. The quality of the writing on there is probably now worse than the parent show (I know harsh words, and hard to believe, but it's true) and has suffered a decline in quality in a single half of a series rarely seen in a show. That's what happens when you have to kill off your main characters, I suppose, and you're left with trying to find a meaningful direction for the remainder. I mean, I know it's a show about zombies and that, but if you expect me to buy into the idea that there is basically one fucking road in an entire state in America; a road where 8 episodes are spent placing boxes full of goodies and evading a middle aged black woman, then the writers can all fuck off back to secondary school, where I'm sure they recently just left.

Agree with this. Fear improved a lot over seasons 2 and 3, and the first half of season 4 was decent, but this last half of season 4 was awful.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5071 on: October 6, 2018, 08:51:10 pm »
Here's how bad it is...

Spoiler
Strand and the other fella that wears the cowboy hat are for some reason marooned on what appears to be an island, for some reason, seamingly, with no way off it. Despite there being a road not too far from their location, they could also see land not too far from where they were. So, the writers come up with the ridiculous scenario that they can't escape because they are being stalked and watched by an alligator with an IQ higher than the combined sum of the entire cast. Fair enough. I'll buy that situation so long as it doesn't get even more farcical, which of course, it does. They build a raft, they come up with some convoluted shit about getting a car battery to power a car horn to cause a distraction by attracting "bait" in the form of zombies to the lake. They do all that, get most of the way over to the other side, and then the raft sinks, and they have to swim back. Fair enough again. Then next episode the armoured tank thing they are all riding in turns up, and just plows across it in what appears to be about 2 feet of water at most. The thing must weigh about 40 tonnes.
[close]
I literally laughed out loud at that. It's just astonishingly bad, and there's another couple of examples of equally dumb, convoluted plot devices like that throughout. Doesn't deserve to be renewed.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5072 on: October 7, 2018, 10:25:43 pm »
Z-Nation was back on Friday.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #5073 on: October 8, 2018, 12:44:04 pm »
One of the problems this show has had is not being able to replace characters as good as Hershel, he was the hero they needed but they got left with Rick. RIP Scott Wilson.

Hershelhttps://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/oct/07/scott-wilson-actor-the-walking-dead-dies-aged-76

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5074 on: October 9, 2018, 09:00:17 pm »
This years Z Nation starts on Pick tv tonight at 10.

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5075 on: October 10, 2018, 07:09:07 am »
Season 9 starting off good or not? Depending on the first half season reviews of S9, I might watch S8.

Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #5076 on: October 10, 2018, 05:26:33 pm »
Season 9 starting off good or not? Depending on the first half season reviews of S9, I might watch S8.

Mixed. The zombies are pointless now.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #5077 on: October 10, 2018, 05:27:57 pm »
My eldest said it was shit, I've still to put myself through it.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5078 on: October 10, 2018, 06:11:09 pm »
My eldest said it was shit, I've still to put myself through it.

I haven’t seen it either, but your eldest is right

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5079 on: October 11, 2018, 03:07:30 am »
Was an okay opening. Not great, but nowhere near as bad as recent episodes. Still leaving with Rick's departure either way.