Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 390839 times)

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #4120 on: December 6, 2016, 01:19:56 pm »
I'm pretty sure we're gonna get that somewhere along the line. Possibly even episodes 8 and 9.

[Timbo - series advisor]

;D

That's a good shout  ;D
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4121 on: December 6, 2016, 01:21:32 pm »
Spoiler
I love how Negan and his people live in a steelworks. Not some gated off middle class community like Alexandria, a fucking steelworks. Think that's pretty cool
[close]
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
  • Killing threads and wrecking heads!
« Reply #4122 on: December 6, 2016, 01:30:37 pm »
I agree that the quality has been all over the place, absolutely, and they could have condensed episodes,
or told the story a different way, or told a different story altogether.
But none of that has anything to do with the number of episodes.
We aren't getting side stories and minor characters because there are 16 episodes - we are getting them
because the storytellers have chosen to tell their stories. I'm not going to defend that decision
because I have far too many problems with the characterization on this show as it is.
But this mindset that there is an ideal number of episodes per season is in the same family - not the same, but in the same family -
as the tremendous and unforgivable horse shit that killed "Lost" and before anyone jumps on that trampoline too hard,
don't bother - I already know that I am the only one who sees it or even remotely cares. But for once, I am right about that.
Anyway, that's why I sound so fired up - because I feel like people are having meta orgasms trying to look behind the curtain
rather than suspending their disbelief like good little boys like you and me are supposed to. It fucks me off a bit,
but more than that it frustrates the piss out of me.

And as if that wall of text weren't enough, here's another fucking thing.
The internet has done a crazy fucking thing to people that is apparent in this thread and, more than any other,
in the "Force Awakens" thread, and that is that in people's criticism now, people seem to be wanting to rewrite these stories.
"Well they shouldn't have gone back and made a remake of 'A New Hope,' they should have told the story this way ..."
It's fucked and I don't get it and I don't know where it comes from and I don't know what its parameters are,
so I don't know how to solve it. But I will, by God. Watch this space.

I get your frustrations. I have no problem with them telling side stories and introducing other characters but it's the execution of it that kills me.

There isn't a magic number of episodes. 16 episodes would be the best thing in the world if they were quality. The story is there, there is no problem with that. The character development and pacing is what pisses me off.

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4123 on: December 6, 2016, 01:32:19 pm »
Spoiler
I love how Negan and his people live in a steelworks. Not some gated off middle class community like Alexandria, a fucking steelworks. Think that's pretty cool
[close]

Scenes when there are no outsiders at Negan's place

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4124 on: December 6, 2016, 01:43:37 pm »

There isn't a magic number of episodes. 16 episodes would be the best thing in the world if they were quality. The story is there, there is no problem with that. The character development and pacing is what pisses me off.

Totally agree, pal - I have had a problem with the characters since episode 1.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4125 on: December 6, 2016, 01:46:37 pm »

And as if that wall of text weren't enough, here's another fucking thing.
The internet has done a crazy fucking thing to people that is apparent in this thread and, more than any other,
in the "Force Awakens" thread, and that is that in people's criticism now, people seem to be wanting to rewrite these stories.
"Well they shouldn't have gone back and made a remake of 'A New Hope,' they should have told the story this way ..."
It's fucked and I don't get it and I don't know where it comes from and I don't know what its parameters are,
so I don't know how to solve it. But I will, by God. Watch this space.

Couldn't agree more M.

I've made a similar point so many times in the past and in conversation. The internet has ravaged our collective bonces and taken us to a place where we're all out of control. We're stuck with it though. People - and I obviously include myself and no doubt yourself too and everyone else in here - have simply gravitated via the platform provided by the internet to a position where their default psyche position informs them that they know best about virtually every fucking thing. So a re-write of Star Wars is fuck all to them. And it's crept in right down the food chain. Honestly I have a 10 year old grandson and he really does think there's nothing he doesn't fucking know. I love him to bits but he thinks he can even do my job better than me - which as it happens  is actually an impossibility because I can do everything better than everyone. We're all fucked. Fucked I tell yer Mongo.

;D

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4126 on: December 6, 2016, 01:49:26 pm »
Couldn't agree more M.

I've made a similar point so many times in the past and in conversation. The internet has ravaged our collective bonces and taken us to a place where we're all out of control. We're stuck with it though. People - and I obviously include myself and no doubt yourself too and everyone else in here - have simply gravitated via the platform provided by the internet to a position where their default psyche position informs them that they know best about virtually every fucking thing. So a re-write of Star Wars is fuck all to them. And it's crept in right down the food chain. Honestly I have a 10 year old grandson and he really does think there's nothing he doesn't fucking know. I love him to bits but he thinks he can even do my job better than me - which as it happens  is actually an impossibility because I can do everything better than everyone. We're all fucked. Fucked I tell yer Mongo.

;D

:wellin

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4127 on: December 6, 2016, 01:59:55 pm »
Totally agree, pal - I have had a problem with the characters since episode 1.

I've said it before to Sideshow when we've had in depth discussions some time back.

For me the show has never once been about characterisation. In fact decent efforts at characterisation would have rendered the show a different beast altogether and possibly - for me - proven to be a turn off. Quite simply, for me, the show has always been about the collective journey through the mire of the apocalypse and - crucially - feeling whilst watching that I am actually 'there' with the protaganists. It's why I don't actually want this huge character predominance - except perhaps for the baddies such as Negan where it kind of adds to the overall flavour. When i watch the Sopranos or Breaking Bad or Deadwood or any quality drama I'm desperate for the great characterisation because I'm never 'there' with those characters. I'm always merely an interested and absorbed spectator. With Walking Dead, however, I'm right there alongside the other protaganists as they fumble their often characterless way through the nightmare.

That's why those previous three episodes prior to last night never really grabbed me. Not because they were characterless - which they were - but because they were each clearly no more than appendages to to the main journey. Last night brought me back on track. I was there again.

I know that's all a bit clumsily expressed but I think it might help clarify why I'm often at loggerheads with some who crave for Walking Dead the deeper characterisation that you get with the very best dramas - where the plot almost gets driven by the characters simply performing to the traits that drive them.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2016, 02:04:52 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4128 on: December 6, 2016, 02:06:14 pm »
:wellin

Ha ha

Together, Gumbo and Mongo will change the werld!!!

;D

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4129 on: December 6, 2016, 02:10:38 pm »
I've said it before to Sideshow when we've had in depth discussions some time back.

For me the show has never once been about characterisation. In fact decent efforts at characterisation would have rendered the show a different beast altogether and possibly - for me - proven to be a turn off. Quite simply, for me, the show has always been about the collective journey through the mire of the apocalypse and - crucially - feeling whilst watching that I am actually 'there' with the protaganists. It's why I don't actually want this huge character predominance - except perhaps for the baddies such as Negan where it kind of adds to the overall flavour. When i watch the Sopranos or Breaking Bad or Deadwood or any quality drama I'm desperate for the great characterisation because I'm never 'there' with those characters. I'm always merely an interested and absorbed spectator. With Walking Dead, however, I'm right there alongside the other protaganists as they fumble their often characterless way through the nightmare.

That's why those previous three episodes prior to last night never really grabbed me. Not because they were characterless - which they were - but because they were each clearly no more than appendages to to the main journey. Last night brought me back on track. I was there again.

I know that's all a bit clumsily expressed but I think it might help clarify why I'm often at loggerheads with some who crave for Walking Dead the deeper characterisation that you get with the very best dramas - where the plot almost gets driven by the characters simply performing to the traits that drive them.

Totally agree. I said a couple of pages back that the main reason these single character episodes piss me off is because I don't really care about any single character. I only care about where the group as a whole end up. Yesterdays episode was a group focus and straight away the quality jumps up a few notches because I'm not watching an hour of someone who annoys the shit out of me on her own.

I have ranted a bit lately about the characters but that's because they've focused on them as opposed to the group.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4130 on: December 6, 2016, 02:16:41 pm »
Ha ha

Together, Gumbo and Mongo will change the werld!!!

;D

Damned right, but we better hurry - neither of us is getting any younger  ;)

I just can't watch it the way you do, Gumbo - I need to be pulled in by caring about the characters. When I am in, I am all in, but any sort of distraction and my pecan-sized squirrel brain is off. This is why I am always banging on about suspension of disbelief and it's why I never watch "Making Of ..." features - I don't want (and can't tolerate) the spoiling of the illusion. Caring about the characters is my way in and then I'm good. Now you could ask me "You dumb fucker, do you really think you are in outer space when you watch 'Star Wars'?" And my answer would be yes, because I'm not thinking about anything out here in the real world, and it's the whole reason I watch things and read books. But if it was just a bunch of dudes swinging glowing swords and pew-pewing with laser guns, I wouldn't give a shit. I was enveloped by the film because I couldn't stand the thought of Luke dying, or of the Empire winning. Then later, I wanted to watch Jar Jar Binks tortured and put to death or at least jailed for civil rights violations.

I have found a way to live vicariously through Korrrrrl, but everybody seems put off when I talk about him/us getting it off with Michonne.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4131 on: December 6, 2016, 03:56:12 pm »
Negan's finest episode yet. Seriously chilling stuff and he even managed to make Carl interesting for a change.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #4132 on: December 6, 2016, 05:27:39 pm »
Spoiler

There is a case to be made for the main group being a bit bloated at the minute although with the mid season break coming up that's likely to change. Even so, I'm not sure how characters such as Spencer and Aaron can be considered to have just 'popped up' though. They were both present throughout the Alexandria storyline. Aaron was the first person from Alexandria that was introduced and was also in the group rounded up before Negan cracked some heads!

When they show up, I'm not confused by their presence as I haven't forgotten who they are. If you genuinely have no idea who they are, I'd have to put that down to a failure to pay attention

[close]

Spoiler
got to disagree. by 'popping up' i was of course being facetious.  i am aware that these characters (whoever the hell they are) were introduced in a previous episode/season.  but the failure of these anonymous identikit characters to engage any sort of interest is a failure of the writing. take maggie, for example.  i can't stand her character, but she was introduced and written in such a way that she remained memorable.  same with michonne. same with eugene.  these identikit characters are just bodies in waiting. i'm glad you find them worthwhile characters, but they do nothing for me.
[close]

This is a fallacy, for the "Walking Dead" and for the vast majority of shows it is said about. It's the same thing when people
complain about films that last two hours and thiry minutes - it's a nonsense complaint and has nothing to do with anything.
A story takes as long as it takes.
That's not to say the show is perfect, far from it, but it's not because it has 16 fucking episodes.

it's not a fallacy to say that the most successful show on cable is under pressure to deliver 16 episodes every year regardless of the story the writers want to tell - the same as any great film is under pressure to produce a sequel regardless of whether it has any 'artistic' or creative motivation, to the extent of sometime using completely different people to keep a franchise going. so when a 16-episode season of TWD has (charitably) around 8-10 episodes of even vaguely worthwhile content, then the number of episodes is a legitimate criticism.

and this ties in to the previous point - as they clearly are going for an at least partly character-focused narrative with episodes dedicated to single characters over the group.  the fact that outside of a select few characters, they tend to fail miserably does not deny the fact that it happens. and perhaps the reason it happens is because the writers/producers know they have 16 episodes to fill...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 11:23:14 pm by sideshowme »
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4133 on: December 7, 2016, 01:40:17 am »
Spoiler
Episode was better this week. Watchable at least. Some developments too which is good.

Just hate the way nobody just cracks Negan or shoots hi. Or whatever. There's so many opportunities for revolt that it's starting to look really bad. Carl could have shot him 100 times over and didn't.  Then later he's handed Lucille and Negan almost instantly turns his back to him. Even the group of wives, just Fucking kill him. Just jump on him.... Stupid.
[close]
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4134 on: December 7, 2016, 04:04:59 am »
Spoiler
Episode was better this week. Watchable at least. Some developments too which is good.

Just hate the way nobody just cracks Negan or shoots hi. Or whatever. There's so many opportunities for revolt that it's starting to look really bad. Carl could have shot him 100 times over and didn't.  Then later he's handed Lucille and Negan almost instantly turns his back to him. Even the group of wives, just Fucking kill him. Just jump on him.... Stupid.
[close]
Spoiler
Agreed. In a post-apocalyptic world, you'd think that there are many, many people with NOTHING to lose. Including those guys whose faces have been burnt. You have been burnt and your wife is fucked and abused demonstratively in front of you. Everybody else you know are already dead. Yet, you continue to serve this guy.

It's one thing if it was a mission impossible. No, it seems Negan treats just about everybody like total shit. It's not like a nasty boss abusing you, and you tolerate to keep your job. It's a fucking end of the world scenario, and he keeps doing shit like that. Just one fucking bullet, and see what comes after.
[close]
« Last Edit: December 7, 2016, 07:29:27 am by Xxavi »

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4135 on: December 7, 2016, 11:14:02 am »
Honestly I have a 10 year old grandson and he really does think there's nothing he doesn't fucking know. I love him to bits but he thinks he can even do my job better than me - which as it happens  is actually an impossibility because I can do everything better than everyone. We're all fucked. Fucked I tell yer Mongo.

;D

Hahaha. The best part is when they are insistent on being right. Something tiny similar happened to me the other day. One of my cousin's kids paid a visit to our home the day after we drew Southampton. He's 9 years old. He start talking me about plays that really didn't happen in the match. At first I din't answer, but he kept going and my fuse was getting shorter and shorter. Until I couldn't take it anymore, and put on the highlights to show him he was wrong. You should have seen his face and his total bewilderment.

Of course he's just a kid and their mind could make things up but their insistence is what makes it stand out.

Spoiler
Can someone explain how without being seen:

a] Jesus got on top of Negan's big van at the end

b] how he got off it

c] why he got on just so he could get off

[close]

Puzzled of West Derby

:)

Spoiler
  Daryl saw him though, right?
[close]

Finally, kudos for mentioning Al's kidney stone. What an episode. What a series.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4136 on: December 7, 2016, 01:16:22 pm »
Negan was excellent.

Those that dislike the show consistently have obviously never heard of a standby button on their remotes.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4137 on: December 7, 2016, 01:55:18 pm »
Negan was excellent.

Those that dislike the show consistently have obviously never heard of a standby button on their remotes.

Not trying to be funny, but I have honestly never heard of that button  ;D

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4138 on: December 7, 2016, 02:55:36 pm »
Negan was excellent.

I would use the standby button but unfortunately my remote instructions are written in Latin so I can't read them. If only I knew some of those fluent Latin speakers roaming the Virginia forests.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4139 on: December 7, 2016, 03:41:45 pm »
Not trying to be funny, but I have honestly never heard of that button  ;D
;D weĺl there is.

Its tedious reading people continually slate the show but then they watch it religiously as soon as an episode is aired.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4140 on: December 7, 2016, 03:53:52 pm »
;D weĺl there is.

Its tedious reading people continually slate the show but then they watch it religiously as soon as an episode is aired.

As somebody said, it is hard to give up on a show after you invested in it so much time. How many people ended up watching True Detective Season 2? I was hoping that it will have a major turning point up until the very end ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4141 on: December 7, 2016, 04:00:25 pm »
As somebody said, it is hard to give up on a show after you invested in it so much time. How many people ended up watching True Detective Season 2? I was hoping that it will have a major turning point up until the very end ;D
All 8 episodes? Compared to Walking Dead? ::)

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4142 on: December 7, 2016, 04:02:09 pm »
As somebody said, it is hard to give up on a show after you invested in it so much time. How many people ended up watching True Detective Season 2?

I didn't cause I'd heard universally it was shite and wasn't linked to the first season. Struggling to see the magical time invested there.

To constantly moan that no one is killing Negan is a bit like moaning James Bond won't die. Of course no one is killing him yet. He's the major villain of at least this season, hopefully beyond it to be honest, and they're seemingly setting up a few characters on personal missions to kill him. Like the Governor, it would be a pretty weak pay off if Carl of all people ruined all that suspense by shooting him in Negan's 8th episode. You'd no doubt be the first on here laughing how ludicrous it would be for a 14/15 year old to kill such an evil, powerful grown man.

If you want such stark realism, why are you watching a show about zombies may I ask?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4143 on: December 7, 2016, 05:56:05 pm »
If anyone is looking for context and examples of why this big evil dictator bully hasn't been taken out yet, then you could ask the same for any real life lunatic that had power at any stage of history. No one takes a punt at killing them because to do so means certain death. You either shoot one from long range, or plant a bomb under their car or something. Seeing that Negan takes everyone's weapons away from them, and they are in a world where bomb making knowledge, sniper skills and all that lark would be hard to come by (Michonne practicing should ring a bell), it shouldn't be a stretch to figure this stuff out. Not to mention, if Negan dies, story over. You can apply that logic to any villain in any TV program or film ever.

How can you not like Negan anyway after that episode? He's a funny bastard. Well over the top, but fun to watch. He had me laughing out loud several times during. What a c*nt.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4144 on: December 7, 2016, 07:05:37 pm »
;D weĺl there is.

Watching the WD is like supporting Everton. You watch every week in the hope of good things but are continually disappointed.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4145 on: December 7, 2016, 07:38:32 pm »
How can you not like Negan anyway after that episode? He's a funny bastard. Well over the top, but fun to watch. He had me laughing out loud several times during. What a c*nt.

Absolutely! His scene with Olivia made me laugh ;D

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4146 on: December 8, 2016, 11:54:38 am »
I enjoyed that. Took awhile to suck me in for some reason despite knowing it was a good episode but by second half, was pulled in. It was nice seeing some of the side characters get time
Spoiler
Gabriel could have gone with a stronger argument but it was a fun one, good to see Eugene and Rossita dynamic again. Less keen on guy Rick was with and the whinymcwhine Rick hater
[close]
, enjoyed the main strand with Negan holding the attention well, building a bit more about his world and his power.
Spoiler
I get being impressed by Karl's bravery but the kid's plan was really really stupid, surely he should be executed on that alone?
[close]

Why hasn't Negan died: It would certainly be a brave move to kill him just before the half-season finale but would seem poor narrative. In terms of "real life", how many powerful rulers/warlords actually get assassinated even when at war? Usually it is a defeated figure whose power has collapsed and is being pursued or someone who has stirred up trouble by overreaching themselves (which Negan and the wives thing risks doing) by an internal foe. It is very high risk with potential disaster if it goes wrong with little chance of succeeding.

Internally Negan has masses of followers for a reason. With the rest of the world going to hell, Negan provides food, jobs, security, a home, chance for promotion, a sense of stability (and harsh laws can even be welcomed times of trouble). He is also seemingly a winner and people like a winner. Some people there might think Negan is a git but he provides people with things they want and even if one hates Negan, what happens after he goes? Do you lose all that? Are you even that desperate to kill him or can you accept the bad side for everything provided? The wife thing could be the final straw but that is going to be too only a few people, hard to gather support.

From the outside, he ensures the outside forces are kept busy and weakened, he knows how to break people so they submit, he has numbers and knows how to win a war, they tend to be isolated from each other and killing Negan himself is unlikely to solve things but bring a wrathful force down on your community. You have to know where his HQ and take that out as well as Negan or really cross your fingers, allies to bulk up your forces and an opportunity.

Interesting. I do find the world intresting but not in a "there moment" whereas I love the character episodes but each to their own.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4147 on: December 8, 2016, 12:39:40 pm »
If anyone is looking for context and examples of why this big evil dictator bully hasn't been taken out yet, then you could ask the same for any real life lunatic that had power at any stage of history. No one takes a punt at killing them because to do so means certain death. You either shoot one from long range, or plant a bomb under their car or something. Seeing that Negan takes everyone's weapons away from them, and they are in a world where bomb making knowledge, sniper skills and all that lark would be hard to come by (Michonne practicing should ring a bell), it shouldn't be a stretch to figure this stuff out. Not to mention, if Negan dies, story over. You can apply that logic to any villain in any TV program or film ever.

If he was sitting in a rocking chair, he would bounce himself to the fucking Moon. Just saying like.

Online tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4148 on: December 8, 2016, 12:42:29 pm »
err I wonder what job Mr Negan had before all the zombi shit?? lolly pop man?

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #4149 on: December 12, 2016, 10:43:23 am »
Very good episode for the mid-series break

Spoiler
Makes it more frustrating that the previous ones were so dull but I read somewhere that the reason for having disparate stand alone episodes featuring one or two main characters was to get over the feeling that the group is splintered and isolated

The coming together was a satisfying pay off but I think the next phase needs to keep this momentum otherwise the ratings will continue to slide
[close]
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #4150 on: December 12, 2016, 12:36:04 pm »
err I wonder what job Mr Negan had before all the zombi shit?? lolly pop man?

I'm gonna say actor at the Royal Shakespeare Company the hammy bastard. *leans back*"GODDAMN"

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4151 on: December 12, 2016, 04:04:27 pm »
Enjoyed that, shame no more till february

Spoiler
Just one thing who is the bloke who's boots  we see?

overall a decent half series few slow ones in the middle they could of put in one episode but the future last half of the series looks like it as some promise.

Best bit Darryl giving rick the gun and a real feel of yeah lets finally get shit done

[close]
choose Life.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4152 on: December 12, 2016, 05:51:22 pm »
Help please:

Spoiler
Do Carol and Morgan know what happened in the clearing when Glenn and Ginger got smashed? I can't remember where they were, but I thought they were wandering off after the attack on the satellite station, no?
[close]

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out  :wave
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 05:57:14 pm by red mongoose »

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4153 on: December 12, 2016, 07:43:38 pm »
Spoiler
Enjoyed that episode, had no idea there was a mid-season break coming, MEH.

Glad the fat woman is dead, she annoyed me every time she was on screen. No idea who's boot that was watching Rick, can't be somebody we know surely?
[close]
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4154 on: December 12, 2016, 08:20:41 pm »
At last. Great episode.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4155 on: December 12, 2016, 08:59:37 pm »
Spoiler

Glad the fat woman is dead, she annoyed me every time she was on screen. No idea who's boot that was watching Rick, can't be somebody we know surely?
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah she was incredibly annoying, constantly on the verge of tears and never really intent on being useful.

I think the guy watching Rick might've been the person who stashed all of that stuff on the boat. Rick said himself that the guy had plenty of guns but no ammo, so it makes sense that he would abandon his weapons as his position on the lake was easy for scavengers to shoot at. When Rick and his new buddy reached the boat there was a dead body on there but it wasn't moving, if the guy had died then he'd have turned into a walker surely?

That theory adds a little more sense to the note he left, as maybe the guy is planning to follow Rick back to his base and get some revenge.
[close]

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4156 on: December 12, 2016, 09:16:34 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
yeah was great when she got shot and negan came out with the best line ever "i gave you one less mouth to feed, and by looking at her that mouth did some major damage"
[close]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 09:55:59 pm by FiSh77 »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4157 on: December 12, 2016, 09:57:46 pm »
Am I right in thinking

Spoiler
This tied together every episode of the season so far, except for Tara's? It was already the worst episode of this I've seen, but now it's even mroe useless :P
[close]
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4158 on: December 12, 2016, 10:00:28 pm »
Am I right in thinking

Spoiler
This tied together every episode of the season so far, except for Tara's? It was already the worst episode of this I've seen, but now it's even mroe useless :P
[close]

Spoiler
i think it's pretty clear what tara's episode was about, rick's going to need guns to take negan on and............................................................................
[close]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 10:05:16 pm by FiSh77 »

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #4159 on: December 12, 2016, 11:27:06 pm »
Spoiler
got to disagree. by 'popping up' i was of course being facetious.  i am aware that these characters (whoever the hell they are) were introduced in a previous episode/season.  but the failure of these anonymous identikit characters to engage any sort of interest is a failure of the writing. take maggie, for example.  i can't stand her character, but she was introduced and written in such a way that she remained memorable.  same with michonne. same with eugene.  these identikit characters are just bodies in waiting. i'm glad you find them worthwhile characters, but they do nothing for me.
[close]

jus' sayin' :) got the terrible marksmanship right too...

Spoiler
was ok as an episode until the stupid boy band video at the end.  but anyway, as ever, killing off people literally nobody cares about does not make a satisfying or impactful finale.
[close]

Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!