Author Topic: Struggling with depression  (Read 629976 times)

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
Re: Struggling with depression
« Reply #5920 on: April 11, 2016, 01:16:46 pm »
I am currently at my lowest ebb. In all the years depression and anxiety has effected me it's never gotten to this point and I am at a loss at how to cope. A couple of things have happened over the weekend that have really made things worse and as of now I am in the worst place I've ever been in. I have told my family not to let me be on my own because I simply don't trust myself. I am a broken man right now.
keep your head up mate,  as hard as it may be, keep on hanging in there.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5921 on: April 11, 2016, 02:08:43 pm »
Jesus fucking Christ, that's a lot of decent RAWKites hit in a few days. Talk is near pointless, you'll have to sort out your own head for the most part, but just remember you're not as alone as you think you are, there are people on RAWK who think well of you and hope you get through this.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 02:16:26 pm by surfer »

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5922 on: April 11, 2016, 04:48:53 pm »
There is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Sometimes I wonder if it is really worth it.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5923 on: April 11, 2016, 05:58:18 pm »
but just remember you're not as alone as you think you are, there are people on RAWK who think well of you and hope you get through this.
I echo this sentiment. I know it's only an Internet forum but all who contribute to it are valued, I like reading all contributions and want all RAWKites to be safe and well. I always liked that Verve lyric 'tie yourself to the mast my friend/and the storm will end', and we all know what's at the end of the storm. Wishing you all golden skies Sam xx
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5924 on: April 11, 2016, 07:13:30 pm »
Feeling really run down - or is it ground down? - myself lately.  When I have time I don't have the energy and when I have energy I don't have the time.  Brain is all over the place; ruminations constantly battering me and not giving me any peace at all.  Feeling more isolated and anxious than ever.  Paranoid people are going to break plans with me so that I'm always on edge and fretting about stuff I have no control over.

Keep telling myself they're just phantoms made up inside my head and that I can get control of them with therapy support but I feel it is going to get worse before it gets better.  Feeling utterly exhausted even now.  Very tempted to just go to bed but I will try to find something to do.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5925 on: April 11, 2016, 08:22:02 pm »
I managed to get a late appointment with my GP. I completely broke down to her, I got quite hysterical at one point and actually induced a panic attack in the process. It was something that I felt really embarrassed about once I had my bearings but she told me that in one way it was good because I opened up so much and now it's all out there.

I have not long spoken to the crisis team in Whiston and they have scheduled my in for the earliest appointment they could which is Wednesday morning. If I manage to make it through to Wednesday I have no idea what I am liable to say because I have never felt so unstable in all of my 23 years.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5926 on: April 11, 2016, 09:01:43 pm »
There is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Sometimes I wonder if it is really worth it.

I can relate to your situation as I experienced something similar living abroad, I came home and started going to the gym with my brother, for me, feeling stronger in body meant feeling stronger in mind, a huge part of getting back on track. It may seem a huge and daunting step to return home and give up what you have but any decision that brings back good health is the right one. Loneliness gives you too much time to think and I believe that may be the problem. You must talk to someone like your doctor or someone who has the experience to help you. Please don't sit alone and dwell on things.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:04:18 pm by kopite.keith »
When in Rome...

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5927 on: April 11, 2016, 09:51:03 pm »
Christ, my heart is broken in two. I have a bag with some clothes and essentials in and I want to just get out there and run and run in the hope that I will feel better. I just do not know what I am supposed to do, I cannot take this pain.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5928 on: April 11, 2016, 10:59:49 pm »
I managed to get a late appointment with my GP. I completely broke down to her, I got quite hysterical at one point and actually induced a panic attack in the process. It was something that I felt really embarrassed about once I had my bearings but she told me that in one way it was good because I opened up so much and now it's all out there.

I have not long spoken to the crisis team in Whiston and they have scheduled my in for the earliest appointment they could which is Wednesday morning. If I manage to make it through to Wednesday I have no idea what I am liable to say because I have never felt so unstable in all of my 23 years.

You took a step there, Wednesday isn't far away.  Don't worry about what to say, just tell them how you feel.  There are people who care and will want to help you.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline MrEazi1

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5929 on: April 12, 2016, 11:23:14 am »
Sleep is a big issue for me right now. It ties in with my moods but it also causes them. I either sleep too much whereby I don't want to get out of bed (not through laziness, I just seriously don't want to face a soul and want to ignore the world) or I manage an hour or two of sleep a night and that's it.

It's messing with me a lot because I'm feeling extremely nostalgic lately. I cannot listen to a song that reminds me of a period in the past without me tearing up. I can't watch a film without it reminding me of a person/time/place that was better than now. So of a night when I cannot sleep these thoughts circle around my head which doesn't help at all. It's quote a vicious cycle really. I have an appointment in the first week of April to assess my meds and to assess how I'm doing but I'm frightened to speak properly for fear of completely breaking down. It's a few weeks away yet so hopefully I'll be in a better frame of mind to be able to do so.
That's very similar to what I'm experiencing now.

Since 23rd January I've been suffering from tinnitus. I had a virus but the symptoms came after using my earphones to take my mind off things that night. Let's just say I'd rather have two broken legs than this appalling condition. It is a constant high-pitched buzzing in the right ear, and at night I can hear it in my left ear too meaning I require background noise at all time to mask it. That's the only thing I can do as there's no cure. For some it goes away, others let it fade into the background. Its robbed me of any silence as I mainly hear it in a quiet setting.

Its had a terrible effect on my mental state. The only time I get any peace is when I'm outside or asleep, and the only way I get a good night's sleep is through two tablets of Nytol.

I've admittedly felt suicidal as I don't want to live like this. I don't want to tell any of my family about this as they'll just overreact. During the odd sleepless night when the sleeping pills don't kick in the anxiety ratchets up. I can only talk to my ENT consultant but appointments aren't easy to come by and the nearest tinnitus support group is a long drive away. The worst thing is the helplessness, the loss of control and I'm going to need counselling at this rate.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #5930 on: April 12, 2016, 12:15:49 pm »
That's very similar to what I'm experiencing now.

Since 23rd January I've been suffering from tinnitus. I had a virus but the symptoms came after using my earphones to take my mind off things that night. Let's just say I'd rather have two broken legs than this appalling condition. It is a constant high-pitched buzzing in the right ear, and at night I can hear it in my left ear too meaning I require background noise at all time to mask it. That's the only thing I can do as there's no cure. For some it goes away, others let it fade into the background. Its robbed me of any silence as I mainly hear it in a quiet setting.

Its had a terrible effect on my mental state. The only time I get any peace is when I'm outside or asleep, and the only way I get a good night's sleep is through two tablets of Nytol.

I've admittedly felt suicidal as I don't want to live like this. I don't want to tell any of my family about this as they'll just overreact. During the odd sleepless night when the sleeping pills don't kick in the anxiety ratchets up. I can only talk to my ENT consultant but appointments aren't easy to come by and the nearest tinnitus support group is a long drive away. The worst thing is the helplessness, the loss of control and I'm going to need counselling at this rate.

Hi,

I have suffered from Tinnitus for just over a year. The first couple of months were hell. the only way i could sleep was with background noise ie tv on all night ect.

Ive learnt to manage it now i think. It still takes me a while to drop off some nights over an hour usually but helps if you are totally relaxed. i find just laying there and zoning out helps me drift off.

dont get me wrong i do still have the bad nights where i cant sleep but they are getting fewer.

#pm me if you want to chat

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5931 on: April 12, 2016, 01:10:43 pm »
Christ, my heart is broken in two. I have a bag with some clothes and essentials in and I want to just get out there and run and run in the hope that I will feel better. I just do not know what I am supposed to do, I cannot take this pain.
That was my thought process.
Run!
I felt like actually running forever.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5932 on: April 13, 2016, 02:16:21 pm »
Long shot here but does anyone know what happened to Runcornred92?  Can't help but letting it play on my mind.

He hasn't posted since Dec 2015 when he was more or less threatening to end it all.

Reading through his posting history the lad had been through a terrible time and didn't appear to see a way out.

Just thought I'd ask.......

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5933 on: April 13, 2016, 03:06:47 pm »
Long shot here but does anyone know what happened to Runcornred92?  Can't help but letting it play on my mind.

He hasn't posted since Dec 2015 when he was more or less threatening to end it all.

Reading through his posting history the lad had been through a terrible time and didn't appear to see a way out.

Just thought I'd ask.......

Often think about how he is myself after seeing his last posts mate, he was a troubled lad.

Fiasco, hope your okay mate!

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5934 on: April 13, 2016, 09:38:54 pm »
Just a quick update from those who have so kindly asked about how I am:

On Monday night I was detained by the Police under section 136 of the mental health act. I am currently in a unit in Whiston hospital and will remain here for the forseeable future. I don't know what the official term is but I've had some kind of breakdown and I am currently being assesed by doctors, social workers and others to get to the root of the problem. The most mentioned diagnosis is one of Borderline Personality Disorder and having been told and read up on it I am almost certain that is what I have.

Thank you all for your wishes, I genuinely appreciate it. To those who might be suffering and who are going through similar problems then I implore you to get the help you need. It is tough in here, I am struggling to get through the days in such a strange environment. This is the first chance I've really had to send a message to anyone so once again thank you all for your wishes and I wish you all the best.

Luke.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5935 on: April 13, 2016, 10:17:15 pm »
All the best Fiasco, I really wish you well. Hopefully this is the start of a road back

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #5936 on: April 13, 2016, 10:19:16 pm »

On Monday night I was detained by the Police under section 136 of the mental health act. I am currently in a unit in Whiston hospital and will remain here for the forseeable future. I don't know what the official term is but I've had some kind of breakdown and I am currently being assesed by doctors, social workers and others to get to the root of the problem. The most mentioned diagnosis is one of Borderline Personality Disorder and having been told and read up on it I am almost certain that is what I have.

Thank you all for your wishes, I genuinely appreciate it. To those who might be suffering and who are going through similar problems then I implore you to get the help you need. It is tough in here, I am struggling to get through the days in such a strange environment. This is the first chance I've really had to send a message to anyone so once again thank you all for your wishes and I wish you all the best.

Luke.
Luke- keep your head up mate.  And look after yourself.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5937 on: April 14, 2016, 08:20:31 am »

Luke.

Good luck mate.  I also suffer with BPD and started receiving mentalisation based therapy at the start of the year, so there are treatment options available.  There's not a lot on Wiki but there's enough to give you a vague idea of what's involved.  Take care mate :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5938 on: April 14, 2016, 11:22:14 am »
Best of luck Fiasco - please keep us posted with how you're getting on when you can.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5939 on: April 14, 2016, 12:28:58 pm »
thinking of you Luke, hope you get the help you need.

YNWA

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5940 on: April 14, 2016, 02:33:45 pm »
Best of luck Luke. Hopefully you will now get the treatment you need. Take care mate.

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5941 on: April 14, 2016, 02:37:34 pm »
I had my phone call off the DWP on Tuesday. As my nephew was away i had to deal with it myself.
They asked about my bank account and how much i had in there. Somehow they knew i had opened a saving account just before Christmas. Not sure how they found out. Asked me how much i had in that account too.
So basically i had a load of sleepless nights for not to much to worry about.
Wish they had told me that in the letter to stop all the anxiety and worry.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5942 on: April 16, 2016, 12:23:18 am »
I'm out of the unit now folks. I don't think I was ready to leave but unfortunately I had a terrible, terrible time with the consultant doctor and I checked myself out because being in there would have been detrimental to my well being. I absolutely love the NHS, it saved my life as a child and I detest everything the Tories are doing with it currently. But on Thursday morning I had my 72 hour review and the doctor who talked to me, my brother and mother was the most obnoxious, sexist, condescending 'professional' I have ever met.

As I said I was being treated for a mental breakdown and the depression and anxiety are strong. But the Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD for short in future) was being discussed with this doctor and here are some examples, among other things, of what he said and how he approached us:

He asked did I have a personal relationship with a woman. I said yes, but it's broken down because of my anxiety and depression and she finds it hard to deal with. He told me, definitely not tongue in cheek, that it wasn't anything to do with my issues and that it was 'just the way women are, you just have to deal with it.'

He told my mother that she needed educating because she disagreed with one comment he made. He also told said to her: "You might well have a personality disorder yourself the way you are acting."

He told me and my family that he was prescribing me Mirtazapine. When my Mum asked him how high the dosage would be to start with he said: "It's none of your business. Why do you care how high or low the dose is? It could be 200 for all you care, it doesn't matter to you." Well, considering she is currently my appointee and basically cares for most of my needs I'm pretty sure it does matter to her.

He asked why do I think that I could have BPD. I told him that I have always felt there has been an underlying issue and several people in the past from CAMHS and some CBT practitioners have told me that it is something they think is a possibility and have noticed many traits. I also said that I have read many things officially online (not just random forums) about it and I meet a lot of the criteria. He asked: "Is that all you do with your time, Google symptoms of things? Don't you have anything better to do?" I have suffered mental health issues since I was 11, I find that hard to say out loud because I feel like it's my fault so to be told that from a 'professional' again was disgusting.

He came out with one or two other comments that were just downright snidey and condescending. I am gutted, absolutely gutted. I was told that we could see a second doctor but the other one who is assigned to that ward is off on maternity leave and that there was no timescale on when I would be able to see another. With that information I could not sit in there day in, day out drugged up on sleeping pills not knowing when I was going to get a second opinion. I needed to be around my family and I slept on it on Thursday night and came home this morning. The home treatment team will be out to see me on a daily basis and a nurse practitioner from there met with me today and said she would look into the possibility of BPD so I'm assuming that something has been said somewhere for her to get involved.

I am broken, I really am. I am exhausted both mentally and physically, I don't have many tears left to cry, I have lost a stone in a month, I cannot do anything normally. But I have hit the absolute bottom and maybe I'm still there, but the only way is up. I have meetings with the home treatment team daily and will see my GP Monday about my medication.

I want to thank each and every one of you for all your kind wishes. I mean it from my heart, each and every one has made me feel that little bit better knowing that people do indeed care. I wish I could reach through the screen and hug you all and I want you to know that you will always have my gratitude. RAWK is a mad place at times but there are plenty of good eggs on here.

Sorry for the rant everyone, I just had to get it out there somewhere. It'll take time but I'll get there and as I have said in other posts if any of you feel like you need help then do not feel ashamed to get it.

Take care, thank you all once again. Luke X.

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5943 on: April 16, 2016, 09:05:06 am »
I'm out of the unit now folks...

Stay strong, Bro.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5944 on: April 16, 2016, 12:00:35 pm »
I'm out of the unit now folks.

What a fucking knob end of a consultant mate.  Sorry your experience was so poor. :(

For the record the facilitators and therapists dealing with my BPD in group and one-on-one therapy are top notch.  Yes, they have a tendency to over-analyse everything you say, but they''re there to challenge you and get you thinking about yourself, your circumstances and your relationships with other people in a new way.

It can be a supremely annoying and frustrating experience but after just two months I am already starting to notice a slight difference in how I see things.  I really hope you can secure similar therapy for yourself.  BPD is not the end of the world mate so stay strong. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #5945 on: April 16, 2016, 02:23:19 pm »
Not sure if Ive psoted this on here before.

Interseting stuff about B12 and depression. You can get the oral spray from a big Tescos or Holland and Barret.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2003/12/17/vitamin-b12-depression.aspx
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #5946 on: April 16, 2016, 02:30:04 pm »
I'm out of the unit now folks. I don't think I was ready to leave but unfortunately I had a terrible, terrible time with the consultant doctor and I checked myself out because being in there would have been detrimental to my well being. I absolutely love the NHS, it saved my life as a child and I detest everything the Tories are doing with it currently. But on Thursday morning I had my 72 hour review and the doctor who talked to me, my brother and mother was the most obnoxious, sexist, condescending 'professional' I have ever met.

As I said I was being treated for a mental breakdown and the depression and anxiety are strong. But the Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD for short in future) was being discussed with this doctor and here are some examples, among other things, of what he said and how he approached us:

He asked did I have a personal relationship with a woman. I said yes, but it's broken down because of my anxiety and depression and she finds it hard to deal with. He told me, definitely not tongue in cheek, that it wasn't anything to do with my issues and that it was 'just the way women are, you just have to deal with it.'

He told my mother that she needed educating because she disagreed with one comment he made. He also told said to her: "You might well have a personality disorder yourself the way you are acting."

He told me and my family that he was prescribing me Mirtazapine. When my Mum asked him how high the dosage would be to start with he said: "It's none of your business. Why do you care how high or low the dose is? It could be 200 for all you care, it doesn't matter to you." Well, considering she is currently my appointee and basically cares for most of my needs I'm pretty sure it does matter to her.

He asked why do I think that I could have BPD. I told him that I have always felt there has been an underlying issue and several people in the past from CAMHS and some CBT practitioners have told me that it is something they think is a possibility and have noticed many traits. I also said that I have read many things officially online (not just random forums) about it and I meet a lot of the criteria. He asked: "Is that all you do with your time, Google symptoms of things? Don't you have anything better to do?" I have suffered mental health issues since I was 11, I find that hard to say out loud because I feel like it's my fault so to be told that from a 'professional' again was disgusting.

He came out with one or two other comments that were just downright snidey and condescending. I am gutted, absolutely gutted. I was told that we could see a second doctor but the other one who is assigned to that ward is off on maternity leave and that there was no timescale on when I would be able to see another. With that information I could not sit in there day in, day out drugged up on sleeping pills not knowing when I was going to get a second opinion. I needed to be around my family and I slept on it on Thursday night and came home this morning. The home treatment team will be out to see me on a daily basis and a nurse practitioner from there met with me today and said she would look into the possibility of BPD so I'm assuming that something has been said somewhere for her to get involved.

I am broken, I really am. I am exhausted both mentally and physically, I don't have many tears left to cry, I have lost a stone in a month, I cannot do anything normally. But I have hit the absolute bottom and maybe I'm still there, but the only way is up. I have meetings with the home treatment team daily and will see my GP Monday about my medication.

I want to thank each and every one of you for all your kind wishes. I mean it from my heart, each and every one has made me feel that little bit better knowing that people do indeed care. I wish I could reach through the screen and hug you all and I want you to know that you will always have my gratitude. RAWK is a mad place at times but there are plenty of good eggs on here.

Sorry for the rant everyone, I just had to get it out there somewhere. It'll take time but I'll get there and as I have said in other posts if any of you feel like you need help then do not feel ashamed to get it.

I have several examples of this in my personal life and now feel extremely positive that breakdown (my daughter calls it "breakUP") is simply a really painful reboot of the system.

The hard bit is admitting that all is not well. The good bit is that your life is ahead of you and is truly worth living. You have a unique opportunity to work out what really matters to you without having the pressure to conform.

I know it's hard but I'm really excited for your future. I mean, it could be worse, you could be a Villa fan!

Take care (and pm me if you want to talk)

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5947 on: April 16, 2016, 02:32:13 pm »
Not sure if Ive psoted this on here before.

Interseting stuff about B12 and depression. You can get the oral spray from a big Tescos or Holland and Barret.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2003/12/17/vitamin-b12-depression.aspx
Nice link. I take B12 cos I'm a veggie but always feel better when I do...

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #5948 on: April 16, 2016, 04:05:11 pm »
snip.

Sorry to hear that, know from personal experience how devastating indifferent/incompetent/arrogant treatment personell can be.
Glad that you're ok though.

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5949 on: April 16, 2016, 10:13:35 pm »

keep your head up bro. i wish you all the best. take heart, as you say, the only way is up now.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #5950 on: April 17, 2016, 05:24:49 pm »
Nice link. I take B12 cos I'm a veggie but always feel better when I do...

It mainly comes from animals so veggies and vegans need to take note. However its found in algae and other stuff. However someone can eat a cow a day and still have a defiency as its a hard vitamin to break down. You need lots of enzymes in your diet. Mainly raw foods.  They spray is better according to research.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #5951 on: April 17, 2016, 08:50:33 pm »
I'm going through a bad patch at the moment, I just keep randomly breaking down for no apparent reason, something just triggers me and I can feel it come on, the only way I can describe it is that it's like getting sick, u can feel it come on and next minute ur making a run to not be seen breaking down.

My nieces christening was last Saturday and I knew when I woke up that morning I was going to be bad! I stood at the back of the crowd and afterwards wanted nothing to do with the pictures or to talk to anyone! I came home early and my younger brother found me curled up in the sitting room crying my eyes out. Iv had it since last summer and every single day without fail suicide comes to my mind loads of times, every day! Even if I feel like I'm doing good, self harm keeps popping up in my head. My parents are begging me to see a doctor but I won't in fear of being put on meds, I don't know why I fear it but I just don't want to. Is there any side effects of medication? I hate when I'm being checked up on and phone calls during the day to check up on me and asked how I am doing everyday. It's like a constant reminder of what I'm going through! All I want to do is go to a dark room and sleep to ease the pain but every night I'm having the most fucked up nightmares, getting shot and stabbed to death and even killing myself in them. Its really fucking my head up  :'(
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5952 on: April 17, 2016, 09:06:47 pm »
Most medications will have side effects mate. But it's about figuring out the right medication and trying not to worry about the side effects. I know that's easier said than done, of course it is, but it's something your doctor could sit and talk to you about in more detail. For example Fluoextine (Prozac) worked for me in terms of mood but I put about 20lbs on in weight. So yes, I felt better, but then I didn't because my confidence drained because of my weight gain so it was counter-intuitive. I also sweated like a motherfucker and given that I have OCD regarding cleanliness (I shower several times a day) it was something that didn't really suit me.

Sit down with your doctor. Keeping it bottled up helps nobody and it definitely doesn't help you and you are the most important person in this situation. If you need anything mate just drop me a line.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #5953 on: April 17, 2016, 09:48:43 pm »
Give Rhodiola Rosea a try, if you are wary of diving straight into the prescription meds thing.

I can totally understand and empathise there, that's me all over... however also keep in mind that taking those more potent pharmaceuticals have pretty much saved some people's lives, however annoying (or worse) the side effects can be. If you feel your life is in the balance, then get to an experienced medical professional pronto and give them a chance to find something that can help you in the short term. You might need just a brief period on them while you readjust chemically upstairs, you might only need something pretty mild to let yourself sort your head out more naturally, you might find intense exercise does the trick on its own, or even simply talking to a pleasant stranger and spilling your soul. Everyone is different, and so individuals respond to head-meds differently.

I'm the type that tends to just want to get on with it, whatever, and I never like going the doctors if I can help it. Rhodiola Rosea has done me good; I did a fuckload of research before deciding what to try to get me through my shit and hold it together, didn't want to be put on anything stronger that I was uncomfortable taking, and I now consider it a decent part of what's got me feeling better. But that's just my personal experience - I was at no point suicidal, no matter how terrible and low I felt, and its effects may be subtler than you require. It gives me a nice relaxed sort of energy boost, but nothing too dramatic at a low dosage, and helps moderately increase dopamine & serotonin, all that sweet brain jazz - the very stuff of life, pretty much.

Take it easy fellas.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #5954 on: April 18, 2016, 11:20:28 am »
Thanks for the reply lads.

I think I might look into that rhodiola rosea haemoglobin, sounds like something I wouldn't mind taking if it was going to help me, I'm just nervous about going onto strong meds and really becoming dependent on them. I'd like something that's not to strong that I could hopefully come off at ease when I feel my head is hopefully coming back to me. Iv had some bad knocks in life that I never dealt with at all, my brother ended up in a wheelchair from a crash and 6weeks  later one of my friends got killed in s crash along with his girlfriend and other shit went on, I just never dealt with it properly and it's all come back to smack me straight in the face in the last few months since the depression has kicked in. It's like the depression has dragged back the negative stuff that's happened in my life, even silly arguments Iv had years and years ago that are well in the past, Iv just got all the continuous guilt and get anxious from it all too. Iv gone to talk to a few people about it but every few weeks it smacks me straight in the face out of the blue again and the feeling gets worse each time. Iv an appointment with a physcologist this Friday, so hopefully she can help me.

Thanks lads, and fiasco you hang in there mate, for what u have gone through, your a strong person to be able to talk about it even if it's on an Internet forum, it's not easy to open up about it, I for one appreciate it because it's given me the confidence to open up too. . Keep the head up mate.
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #5955 on: April 23, 2016, 07:02:49 pm »
Thanks for the reply lads.

I think I might look into that rhodiola rosea haemoglobin, sounds like something I wouldn't mind taking if it was going to help me, I'm just nervous about going onto strong meds and really becoming dependent on them. I'd like something that's not to strong that I could hopefully come off at ease when I feel my head is hopefully coming back to me. Iv had some bad knocks in life that I never dealt with at all, my brother ended up in a wheelchair from a crash and 6weeks  later one of my friends got killed in s crash along with his girlfriend and other shit went on, I just never dealt with it properly and it's all come back to smack me straight in the face in the last few months since the depression has kicked in. It's like the depression has dragged back the negative stuff that's happened in my life, even silly arguments Iv had years and years ago that are well in the past, Iv just got all the continuous guilt and get anxious from it all too. Iv gone to talk to a few people about it but every few weeks it smacks me straight in the face out of the blue again and the feeling gets worse each time. Iv an appointment with a physcologist this Friday, so hopefully she can help me.

Thanks lads, and fiasco you hang in there mate, for what u have gone through, your a strong person to be able to talk about it even if it's on an Internet forum, it's not easy to open up about it, I for one appreciate it because it's given me the confidence to open up too. . Keep the head up mate.

That's the key though, isn't it?

I've not been able to deal with my brothers suicide, nor with the issues with my father. And I still can't do it.

I just go along and fake it to people asking about them. Even for my therapist, and I know how wrong that is..

I've learned through the years that the one thing depression teaches you, is how to lie to people, how to hide your feelings and emotions.
Even from your loved ones.

It's easier to type this in here anonymously, than to speak with someone who I know in real life.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #5956 on: April 24, 2016, 10:30:49 am »
I'm going through a bad patch at the moment, I just keep randomly breaking down for no apparent reason, something just triggers me and I can feel it come on, the only way I can describe it is that it's like getting sick, u can feel it come on and next minute ur making a run to not be seen breaking down.

My nieces christening was last Saturday and I knew when I woke up that morning I was going to be bad! I stood at the back of the crowd and afterwards wanted nothing to do with the pictures or to talk to anyone! I came home early and my younger brother found me curled up in the sitting room crying my eyes out. Iv had it since last summer and every single day without fail suicide comes to my mind loads of times, every day! Even if I feel like I'm doing good, self harm keeps popping up in my head. My parents are begging me to see a doctor but I won't in fear of being put on meds, I don't know why I fear it but I just don't want to. Is there any side effects of medication? I hate when I'm being checked up on and phone calls during the day to check up on me and asked how I am doing everyday. It's like a constant reminder of what I'm going through! All I want to do is go to a dark room and sleep to ease the pain but every night I'm having the most fucked up nightmares, getting shot and stabbed to death and even killing myself in them. Its really fucking my head up  :'(
What you describe sound like episodes of manic depression, a best mate of mine used to regularly have them and the gf does too, right down to the nightmares.

I've been on pretty much every kind of antipsychotic, anti depressant, anti anxiety and amphetamine you can name in my life, spent 2 years in psychiatric hospitals with schizophrenia, and I can tell you it does get better. But above all else it's a trial and error system. Trial and fucking error. I cannot stress enough. You may go through a year of suffering before you find the right combination of medications because everyone is different. But there is a right one for you, you will feel better again, this will end, you will go back to having normal coping mechanisms and emotional stability.

As far as meds and your worries go, most SSRIs will cause some form of weight gain. That won't be your fault, much as some will try to tell you. The metabolic effects of these things are quite unknown. That and some (though in my experience its antipsychotics that do this) cause incredible appetite increase. Lexapro is generally the first go to med for what you're describing and in my personal experience its effects on weight were negligent. If that doesn't work expect to try a host of SSRIs.

I really strongly recommend reading up on the difference between SSRIs and SNRIs, seeing which best describes the symptoms you're trying to alleviate, and also reading up on things like xanax and valium. With those, I can't stress enough to leave the dispensing of them to a loved one. Even if you've the discipline of a Milner you can get addicted and start at them like smarties.

Good luck, and go to your doctor. Things will get better. The world of anti depressants and medications gets a bad rap - it has saved my life, stopped me slicing myself open looking for things that aren't there, stopped me utterly panicking and going to the bottle at the slightest inclination, stopped all kinds of shit. It took years but I'm there. It probably won't take that long for you.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline McrRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5957 on: May 2, 2016, 11:20:16 am »
Hello everyone, I'm mostly just lurking on here, I've found this thread a couple of days ago, and today I decided to join in (I hope it's the right thread for it). In the past 2 or 3 years i've been struggling with mood swings (or anxiety?) every now and then, sometimes bad, sometimes not too bad, but I sort of managed to learn how to deal with it - like doing exercise and my hobby, photography. The last couple of weeks however have been really bad though, so I thought I'll just have to write it down. It's not the biggest problem in the world, but for me it's enough right now, as I can't deal with it.

(spoilered it, cos it's longer than expected)

Spoiler
There is a girl who I met last year, and we're in the same group of friends now. Since around February I started to feel more than friendship towards her, we talked a lot on facebook, hang out a couple of times, everything seemed really good, but I was not sure whether to make a move or not. I talked my other friend about this (who is also her best friend) and she said she likes me too, and basically everyone else (friends) think we should be together already. I decided to tell her how I feel. It surprised her, she said she thought I don't want anything more than being friends with her. I thought maybe she needs time to think, then a couple of days later I asked her out, but she said was busy with school, which I understood because she has finals coming etc. I asked her again on the weekend, and then she said that she doesn't want a relationship now, especially not with a friend. It really broke me. I knew she likes me, I felt she likes me, everything went great until I actually told her how I feel and she started thinking. And I know for a fact if I had make the move earlier, things probably would've worked out well. But no, I just waited instead, thus ruining everything.

We agreed to be friends (it was about 3 weeks ago), but we barely talked since then, I thought it would be for the best for both of us anyway. I was thinking, maybe we can actually get back to being friends in summer when her exams are over, there'll be less stress etc, and she might change her mind. Then, this weekend our group met again. I wasn't feeling well, and didn't even wanted to go at first, but I thought it'd help me if I'll be with friends, to feel a bit better. She was there too, and it was all good/okay, I wanted to play it cool, and I just started drinking to ease my mood a bit, usually it's not a problem, but I drank too much this time, and got very drunk.
When this anxiousness mix with too much alcohol, it can bring the worst out of people, which happened to me now. Her ex was a proper bad dickhead (sorry for lack of better words, but he really was) towards her after they broke up, and while I didn't act as bad as him, I was aggressive and horrible (not with her, but generally with people who were there, I even insulted some of my friends). I don't know even know why, I'm not like that at all. And I fear that she thinks that's who I really am, similar to her ex. I hate myself for acting the way I did, I even hate to write it down, it's laughable, really. Now I don't have any hope left that she might change her mind. And honestly, that's the worst - lack of hope. At least, until the weekend I had some hope. I know it might sound selfish, but I thought that having a girlfriend might help to sort my life out, too.
I'm 23 and never been in a serious relationship, which is a bit pathethic, or I guess most people think it is (including my dad probably), and it is a big problem for me as well. I just really liked her (still do) and now I'm completely lost. I know I probably should move on, but I feel like I can't.  Finally I met someone who I really like, and who liked me too, and I fucked it up.

I've been here before once, even if it's a slightly different situation and that wasn't as bad as this one, I really hate that I'll have to go through this again - because i'm not sure I can. I just always think about her, why I did what I did, what I should've done different, and it annoys the hell out of me how could I be so stupid this weekend. I really fear that I lost a friend too, or that our relationship will never be the same. I also spend a lot of time alone at home, which doesn't really help either. It feels like everything is in ruins around me (this is just a part of it, uni and the lack of full time job concerns me too) and I don't know where to start to sort it out, in fact I don't even feel that I have the energy to do it. Now I just worry a lot, I can't sleep properly, I've lost weight, and even have some not very happy thoughts occasionally, to put it lightly. Hearing some of the stuff my dad says about me behind my back or sometimes to me doesn't help either, and I hate that he is right at times.

When I was about 10 I think I've had some sort of anxiety problem, I used to have chest pains (among other stuff), and it was so bad once, I still remember, that I thought I was going to die, and had to be taken to hospital (it might've been a panic attack, but at that age i'm not sure it happens). Anyway, they only told me that it's just in my head, and that I should stop worrying. I remember the doc asking me if there's any issue at home or school, school was fine, but at home there were issues though, and while I didn't tell them, I think my mum did. There was a time when my parents always argued, I hated it because it always made me cry at the time and, and I feared that something bad would happen. Things got better thankfully, and I had no such problems during my high school years. Maybe it didn't go away completely.

The reason I wrote all of this is because I'd like to see how people from the outside see my situation, maybe with an honest opinion. I don't know much about depression or anxiety, if I should seek professional help (i don't really want) or it's not that serious, maybe someone can help me here, maybe I'll be told I'm pathetic and should just man up, which is fine - maybe I really am. Sorry for the long post, and the potential mistakes in my English & thanks if you've read it. (at least as I was paying attention to the grammar, I wasn't thinking about these things)

[close]
I'm sorry I can't comment at length but the first thing that struck me was I'm not surprised you've been affected. There's a book by Alice Miller called the drama of being a child and basically dealing with the most normal of childhoods can be a difficult thing. For the rest of us it's almost impossible without help.

What that help is will depend on your situation. Talking to friends online or in the flesh will help with current issues but the problem with big reactions is that their causes usually go way back. And we are experts at glossing over things til we sometimes can't remember how bad it felt.

Anyway, whatever you do, don't keep it bottled up. Find a way to express it to people who won't judge you (ie not your dad!) perhaps one of your friends will be sympathetic without involving the rest of the group? But it sounds like your strong feelings of rejection with this girl have brought up historical stuff that might be worth dealing with for your future happiness.

Good luck...oh, and your English is great! 

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5958 on: May 2, 2016, 04:40:29 pm »
Hello all.     I've posted a couple of times in here but never really followed up with any posts I made or read As I always think my Depression is not as bad as other people's

Anyway a friend of mine (probably my only friend as I tend to push people away) has finally talked me Into going back to my doctors and asking for some therapy.   I've had the Initial telephone assessment and have been told I will hear in 28 days for a proper assessment

Anyway what finally persuaded me into agreeing to go is she asked me what i had "lost" through my depression and subsequent alcoholism (been clean 5 years now).   I went through it and was suprised what it has cost me

1st class Honours
PhD
Highly paid jobs
Marriage
Another long term relationship
Houses
Nearly my life and my kids

Since I've been to get the ball rolling I do feel a bit better in myself.    I know it is no magic cure but hopefully it would of been some hope

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5959 on: May 4, 2016, 12:18:19 am »
I quit smoking cannabis and tobacco nearly 6 weeks ago, because my anxiety manifested itself as panic disorder and it was becoming difficult to live.
External factors keep knocking me down and I'm finding it nearly impossible to muster up the energy to get myself out of this 'vicious circle' of a situation.

I am glad and proud that I am no longer an 'addict' living in a bubble but sobriety hasn't made me any happier. I am such a narcissistic prick that I don't think I'll ever be happy because I can't reach heights that I once could, so I don't bother trying. I need to get out of this mindset, maybe it IS a case of taking it one step at a time and taking it slow but I'm nearly 24 and I have managed to convince myself that I wont achieve anything regardless of how hard I try.

If anyone's in the same boat or can offer any advice it'd be appreciated :) In the meantime I'll tide myself over with the odd positive social interaction, food and football.