Author Topic: Struggling with depression  (Read 629975 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Struggling with depression
« Reply #5880 on: March 5, 2016, 03:44:26 pm »
Last time I saw my younger brother alive I shouted at him. He was in hospital for what seemed the umpteenth time in the space of a couple of months. He was a diabetic, was so since the age of four, but never really looked after himself. I told him to get a grip of his life and get his shit together, because I wasn't going to baby-sit him for the rest of his life. Had a weird feeling walking out of that ward and the hospital I'd never see him alive again. Two months later the police found him dead in his flat. He was only 35. Life sucks BIG TIME at times. :(

:(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #5881 on: March 5, 2016, 04:02:31 pm »
:(

I must add, I did get to speak to him a few times on the phone before he died. The last time was the night before he died. I felt bad I hadn't seen him for a while, so I rang him to see how he was. He wasn't feeling well at all and I told him to ring an ambulance if he started feeling worse. Anyway I managed to apologise to him for shouting at him and I told him I only did it because I cared.  I got to tell him I loved him as well. Which looking back is something I'm glad I got to do. Anyway, miss him big time. We were so close as kids. There was only a year between us. People used to mistake us for twins. Inseparable is what we were.  It'll be 4 years on the 3rd of April and It doesn't get any easier. Gonna have a good drink to him on the day and try and remember the good times we had together.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5882 on: March 5, 2016, 06:58:20 pm »
I understand mate.  I'm glad you were able to square things off with him.  Maybe a part of him was just ready to go after that - a sense of relief and closure if you will.

Me and my eldest brother used to be really tight as well, even though he was more than six years older than me.  Now he's just a spineless arselicker Who seems incapable of accepting any kind of responsibility for any of the mistakes he has made in his life.  I feel very hurt and let down by him.

On a slightly more positive note, I've set up a facebook page for my art - at least the stuff I'm prepared to sell copies of.  ;D  Link is now in my sig. [/shameless plug]

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5883 on: March 6, 2016, 11:00:22 am »
The last time I saw my mother before my family cut me off was Mother's Day last year.  I'm pretty much resigned to never seeing her again, and she will go to her grave believing I lied to the police to try and destroy up my brother's career.

Hugs to you mate.

Cheers mate. Sorry to hear that as well. Hopefully you'll reconcile one day..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5884 on: March 6, 2016, 11:38:48 am »
Haven't posted here in a while. Hope everyone is doing ok.
I've been feeling really weird this week, dizziness has been awful. Having weird episodes with my head. Its like it's been zapping.
I apply for my medicatin online and last week asked for my 30mg anti depressants as normal. The request was rejected until i have a medication review. (Thats tomorrow)
Never thought anything about it until i was lying in bed Friday night and feeling pretty rough. I then remembered i has not taken my 60mg AD tablet all week. I'm on 90mg a day.
Looked yesterday morning and all the symptoms i had through the week are consistent with side effects when coming off AD's.
I took one Friday night and then again Saturday morning and i've felt fine since.
I can only put down the forgetfulness due to the 30mg being rejected.
So take care everyone, and remember to take your medication.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #5885 on: March 9, 2016, 12:59:41 am »
Now listen to me Bollix.  Its grief you stupid fucker.  For the loss of all you held dear.  Nobody actually has to actually fucking die. 
Too true Maggie..
I have just lost my son in law, 2 days ago, who took his own life as he couldnt see a reason to live anymore, despite the fact he had 3 young children, a wife, his own home {recently purchased}  and his own family. who all loved him.

Im falling between saddness  and anger, im sad he has died, but im fucking livid at him for what he has put everyone through. I had to tell the grandson last night what had happened, the hardest thing ive ever had to do.plus there his 2 girls who are too young yet to understand whats going on, so we havent yet told them. but we willl have to soon enough.

So please, ANYONE who has depression and thinks there is nothing left to go on for, PLEASE ,PLEASE PLEASE, seek help. ending it all is NOT the answer, you may not think it, but there are lots of people whos lives you will affect irreversibly and cause unimaginable pain.

RIP Eric
JFT 96

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #5886 on: March 9, 2016, 06:09:31 am »
That's awful. Sorry to hear that mate. :(

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5887 on: March 9, 2016, 09:21:59 am »
Too true Maggie..

So so sorry to hear that mate.  Heartbreaking news. :'(

Popcorn's Art

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #5888 on: March 10, 2016, 02:44:48 pm »
Thanks fellas, appreciate the comments.
JFT 96

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #5889 on: March 10, 2016, 02:57:53 pm »
Counselling is a very good suggestion.

Suicidal ideation should be taken seriously. You need to talk to someone about having such thoughts, even if they seem passing. One of the main reasons that suicide is high among men is that such thoughts are not taken seriously and we don't seek help early enough. It's not drama or attention seeking, it's an illness taking hold.

No-one considers suicide, even as a passing thought, unless they are suffering illness. If you had a bad case of influenza, you'd seek help in case it turned to pneumonia - same here. Please seek help.

They should be indeed.   

Ive been sound for months and really on the up with little projects Ive been planting seeds for taking off the ground and meeting lovely people to .

However I had a dream on Monday about the situation regarding my little girl whhave havent seen for over a year , my da not speaking to me and every other c*nt whos stabbing me in the back. I woke up crying my eyes out shouting my daughters name. I hope I never have to expreience anything like that again.

Where can I get counselling for trauma as I dont know ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5890 on: March 10, 2016, 03:33:44 pm »
try contacting your local Mind Kesey, see what they can do for you

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/local-minds/

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5891 on: March 13, 2016, 04:28:34 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5892 on: March 13, 2016, 04:36:51 pm »
Sleep is a big issue for me right now. It ties in with my moods but it also causes them. I either sleep too much whereby I don't want to get out of bed (not through laziness, I just seriously don't want to face a soul and want to ignore the world) or I manage an hour or two of sleep a night and that's it.

It's messing with me a lot because I'm feeling extremely nostalgic lately. I cannot listen to a song that reminds me of a period in the past without me tearing up. I can't watch a film without it reminding me of a person/time/place that was better than now. So of a night when I cannot sleep these thoughts circle around my head which doesn't help at all. It's quote a vicious cycle really. I have an appointment in the first week of April to assess my meds and to assess how I'm doing but I'm frightened to speak properly for fear of completely breaking down. It's a few weeks away yet so hopefully I'll be in a better frame of mind to be able to do so.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5893 on: March 22, 2016, 11:19:44 pm »
Sleep is a big issue for me right now. It ties in with my moods but it also causes them. I either sleep too much whereby I don't want to get out of bed (not through laziness, I just seriously don't want to face a soul and want to ignore the world) or I manage an hour or two of sleep a night and that's it.

It's messing with me a lot because I'm feeling extremely nostalgic lately. I cannot listen to a song that reminds me of a period in the past without me tearing up. I can't watch a film without it reminding me of a person/time/place that was better than now. So of a night when I cannot sleep these thoughts circle around my head which doesn't help at all. It's quote a vicious cycle really. I have an appointment in the first week of April to assess my meds and to assess how I'm doing but I'm frightened to speak properly for fear of completely breaking down. It's a few weeks away yet so hopefully I'll be in a better frame of mind to be able to do so.

I feel for you mate. I was suffering from depression last year. Made some changes in my life and kind of thought the rest would take care of itself but I was having so many sleepless nights,either dwelling on the past or worrying about the future, it was wearing me down really badly. My GP gave me a weak Benzodiazepine to try a few weeks ago but told me I should speak with someone. I booked an appointment with a therapist and was thinking of cancelling it right up until the day because I kept telling myself I'd be ok, but honestly at the moment I feel like it was the best decision I have made in ages. Yesterday in the second appointment I quite suddenly bawled my eyes out which caught me completely off guard, but somehow it felt good. I have been feeling much better for it today.  Anyway, best of luck to you and everyone else in here :wave

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #5894 on: April 3, 2016, 06:35:47 pm »

Cheers for the reply, nice to know there are people who understand :)

Been on antidepressants since 2002, and was hospitalized for a while in -10/-11

I'm doing better now, though I'm constantly deleting what I write.

This is harder than it should..

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5895 on: April 3, 2016, 07:37:34 pm »
Counselling sorted my head right out. When it is explained to you that the mind is a fucker and a half but can be combated by spotting the signs and fighting those signs you can beat it. Still get the bad days but focus on who I have got rather than who I have lost ( I know that's what they would want) and realise it can and WILL be beaten.

Get help and talk, leave nothing inside you.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5896 on: April 5, 2016, 10:28:00 pm »
This belongs in here more than my thread.  It's rather poignant, if a little sad.

Popcorn's Art

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #5897 on: April 6, 2016, 02:32:48 pm »
Have to admit, I find the day to day of life hard most of the time. It feels like life is something to be endured, to get through, rather than to enjoy. Something you just graft at, for no real reason. I can't really remember the last time I felt genuinely happy to be honest, other than fleeting moments, like a good win, or a gig, or whatever. Feel pretty lonely and sad most of the time.  Lost.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5898 on: April 6, 2016, 03:06:52 pm »
I feel like that sometimes. Almost like life is mostly just a plain old flat line on a heart monitor. Sometimes it spikes but it always readjusts and feels like it's plain and level.

Sorry, I've been looking at too many graphs today.

Do you have something to work towards, something you love doing hobby wise or you can focus your energy on? Can be anything at all as long as there is no guilt attached afterwards.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5899 on: April 6, 2016, 08:12:48 pm »
I suppose our ambition should be happiness.  Sod the money, the career, the car, the house, the 2.4 children.  Chase what makes you happy in your heart. 

Your happiness might involve - in some measure - some part of the above but they should be no means define it.  Don't feel embarrassed or ashamed to embrace the simple things in life.

Love to you all.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5900 on: April 6, 2016, 08:15:09 pm »
I suppose our ambition should be happiness.  Sod the money, the career, the car, the house, the 2.4 children.  Chase what makes you happy in your heart. 

Your happiness might involve - in some measure - some part of the above but they should be no means define it.  Don't feel embarrassed or ashamed to embrace the simple things in life.

Love to you all.

The ultimate challenge is finding out what that happiness is, isn't it? You are totally right. Material things might appeal or even make you happy temporarily but I would much rather be content and happy in my mind and body then be semi-happy and drive a nice Mercedes.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5901 on: April 6, 2016, 08:44:40 pm »
The ultimate challenge is finding out what that happiness is, isn't it? You are totally right. Material things might appeal or even make you happy temporarily but I would much rather be content and happy in my mind and body then be semi-happy and drive a nice Mercedes.

:thumbup

Popcorn's Art

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5902 on: April 7, 2016, 10:13:49 am »
I think peace / contentment / 'happiness' comes from losing yourself in the moment of chasing / working on a passion. If you're self-aware about being happy, that doesn't work too well either. Self-consciousness / awareness on any level doesn't work really, just hinders.

The world's a practical place, if you walk 5 km to a station, take crowded public transport to work in a dead end job day in day out, you just increase your chances  of compromising your contentment, though it's still possible of course. I think it's unwise to separate these things, aim to do well for yourself in a practical sense, you give yourself a good chance for personal contentment as well. Don't make it harder than it need be.

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #5903 on: April 7, 2016, 10:23:51 am »
I feel like that sometimes. Almost like life is mostly just a plain old flat line on a heart monitor. Sometimes it spikes but it always readjusts and feels like it's plain and level.

Sorry, I've been looking at too many graphs today.

Do you have something to work towards, something you love doing hobby wise or you can focus your energy on? Can be anything at all as long as there is no guilt attached afterwards.

Hi mate,

Yeh I do, I have a hobby that I'm really passionate about, but I feel it should have been my career. I made the wrong choices in my late teens/early 20's based on what my parents wanted/expected from me, not wanting to 'disappoint' (which frankly, is impossible), which has lead me to now, where I've built a career in an industry I have no interest in, and in a job that I hate. The industry I work in is technical, I wanted to do something creative. I split up with a girl I lived with for a number of years, last year, and I don't know, there's seems to be no purpose to me being here. All my mates are getting married and having kids, and I'm still doing single stuff, with an increasingly shallower pool of mates. Not that I necessarily want to be married right now, but my life just stands still. Most days it's get up, go to work, go home, go to bed. I should feel lucky to live in this country at this time, but I'm just wasting the opportunity I've been given by being here, just slogging through doing nothing that matters to me, just because it's 'what you're supposed to do'. I feel guilty for feeling so bad, there's people out there in far worse positions than me. I'm not in debt, or ill, or anything else like that, but I'm fundamentally really unhappy with how my life has turned out. My family are at best, completely dis-interested in any aspect of my life, at worst, scatching and negative about me. Is it wrong/self involved of me to feel that way?
« Last Edit: April 7, 2016, 10:28:57 am by butchersdog »

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5904 on: April 7, 2016, 10:32:33 am »

RIP Eric

very sorry for your families loss mate, thats a very sad story indeed.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5905 on: April 7, 2016, 12:57:13 pm »
Hi mate,

Yeh I do, I have a hobby that I'm really passionate about, but I feel it should have been my career. I made the wrong choices in my late teens/early 20's based on what my parents wanted/expected from me, not wanting to 'disappoint' (which frankly, is impossible), which has lead me to now, where I've built a career in an industry I have no interest in, and in a job that I hate. The industry I work in is technical, I wanted to do something creative. I split up with a girl I lived with for a number of years, last year, and I don't know, there's seems to be no purpose to me being here. All my mates are getting married and having kids, and I'm still doing single stuff, with an increasingly shallower pool of mates. Not that I necessarily want to be married right now, but my life just stands still. Most days it's get up, go to work, go home, go to bed. I should feel lucky to live in this country at this time, but I'm just wasting the opportunity I've been given by being here, just slogging through doing nothing that matters to me, just because it's 'what you're supposed to do'. I feel guilty for feeling so bad, there's people out there in far worse positions than me. I'm not in debt, or ill, or anything else like that, but I'm fundamentally really unhappy with how my life has turned out. My family are at best, completely dis-interested in any aspect of my life, at worst, scatching and negative about me. Is it wrong/self involved of me to feel that way?

You say no purpose to being here, can I ask in what sense you mean that? Is it the country you are in or the just the area? Is it your homeland or are you thinking of moving abroad?

They are some pretty big issues mate but luckily you still have a sane mind and there isn't a single problem you have mentioned that most people haven't worked on before. I'm working on it myself. In fact if you took away the relationship troubles, I could have written that word for word about 3 months ago. I ended up packing the bags and went traveling for 2 months. I seen a lot of interesting stuff, and it opened my eyes to how bad life can be. Every country in the world has their problems. Some can barely put food on the table, our biggest problem seems to be worrying about everything else.

I was also in an industry that I wasn't happy with. I did blame the parents at first but the truth is I never knew exactly what I wanted to do, and without their advice, I'd probably would still be sitting around deciding without actually doing anything I wanted to. The truth is it was my choice to follow that career, I was the one who woke up day after day to put up with it. And since I quit my folks have been nothing but supportive. They knew it was affecting my mental health and they are happy they still have their son rather than an unhappy son in an unhappy career.

These are decisions you can make. By the sounds of what you have mentioned, you have no ties so why not change things? There's always scope to retrain and study again. Like I said plenty of normal people have done it before, are you really any different? That's what I think anyway, let me know how you get on, I'm still working on it myself!

As for the mates, I'm at that age too. I just tell myself they could well be stuck in relationships they hate so I don't envy them. You never know what goes on behind closed doors. You'll get back on the horse soon :)

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5906 on: April 7, 2016, 07:16:40 pm »
Hi mate,

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

I also ended up with a job I hated in a career I had no interest in; I thought I was playing it safe and doing what society expected of me.  Now I realise how soul destroying such a path is, but it's not too late to change.

Focus on you and don't be ashamed to dream.  We should each have only one ambition, and that is to be happy.  Let others laugh and scorn; fact is they only want you to be as miserable as they are because they lack the courage to take that step into the unknown.

Popcorn's Art

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #5907 on: April 8, 2016, 10:08:00 am »
Hi mate,

[/b]

I know exactly how you feel on this score

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5908 on: April 8, 2016, 10:13:10 am »
Edit - just realised I was replying to captk's post from the bottom of the last page, I thought it was the latest lost in the thread...

So sorry to hear that mate, hope your family are ok. Having seen a friend of ours go through something quite similar a while back that last line really hit home. Thoughts are with you.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #5909 on: April 8, 2016, 03:02:07 pm »
Edit - just realised I was replying to captk's post from the bottom of the last page, I thought it was the latest lost in the thread...

So sorry to hear that mate, hope your family are ok. Having seen a friend of ours go through something quite similar a while back that last line really hit home. Thoughts are with you.

very sorry for your families loss mate, thats a very sad story indeed.
Thanks fellas.
I can only re iterate what i said earlier, if anyone feels like things are that bad,  please get help..suicide is NOT A SOLUTION..
JFT 96

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5910 on: April 8, 2016, 03:40:37 pm »
That's heartbreaking mate, the poor family. Hope you are all doing ok

I had a cousin who did the same late last year. I didn't know him very well but it was the same situation, young family, widowed wife. Just tragic.

RIP

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #5911 on: April 8, 2016, 04:06:04 pm »
Feeling really shit at the moment

Putting it down to the time of year (anniversary of Hillsborough pending) - it doesn't get any easier
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5912 on: April 8, 2016, 04:41:53 pm »
I've been feeling very down and anxious for over a week now.
I received a letter off the DWP to say a Local Compliance Officer is going to ring me next Tuesday for an interview.
My nephew normally speaks to the DWP for me as i get very confused on the phone for official calls. Problem is, my nephew is going on holiday on that day so cannot speak for me.
There is a direct number to ring to try to rearrange the call, but for over a week he's only managed to get an answer phone telling him to leave details and the Officer will call back. No return call at all.
If i miss the call i will be sanctioned, but this person gets away with not answering his phone for over a week.
I'm now struggling to sleep with worry, as i keep thinking i'm going to say something stupid and end up getting sanctioned.
Not sure what i can do. :(

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #5913 on: April 8, 2016, 04:45:25 pm »
I've been feeling very down and anxious for over a week now.
I received a letter off the DWP to say a Local Compliance Officer is going to ring me next Tuesday for an interview.
My nephew normally speaks to the DWP for me as i get very confused on the phone for official calls. Problem is, my nephew is going on holiday on that day so cannot speak for me.
There is a direct number to ring to try to rearrange the call, but for over a week he's only managed to get an answer phone telling him to leave details and the Officer will call back. No return call at all.
If i miss the call i will be sanctioned, but this person gets away with not answering his phone for over a week.
I'm now struggling to sleep with worry, as i keep thinking i'm going to say something stupid and end up getting sanctioned.
Not sure what i can do. :(

Where do you live?

There is an organisation in Wirral called Advocacy in Wirral who are really good

you can call them or email them
http://aiw.org.uk

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5914 on: April 8, 2016, 04:57:39 pm »
Where do you live?

There is an organisation in Wirral called Advocacy in Wirral who are really good

you can call them or email them
http://aiw.org.uk

I'm in Newport in South Wales mate

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #5915 on: April 8, 2016, 05:00:39 pm »
I'm in Newport in South Wales mate

Ah Ok - maybe contact Mind? 
http://www.mind.org.uk

Click on the yellow tab "I need urgent help"

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5916 on: April 8, 2016, 05:15:01 pm »
Cheers

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5917 on: April 10, 2016, 03:20:48 am »
Loneliness is such a tough thing to get rid off.

I am living in country where I feel that I have no connection with anyone there. My parents visited for two weeks (they came the day of the return leg at Old Trafford) and stayed for two weeks. We went out almost everyday and I was motivated to go out and enjoy doing things with them. Now that they left again, that motivation is gone, no longer going to the gym, and it is just from home to work and vice versa.

All the people that I know here, probably don't give a shit about me and I miss my highschool friends. The only thing that keeps my going is that I am waiting for my passport and that I have a nice job, but sometimes you wonder if it means anything when you are alone, depressed and sad. I have nightmares about people who are really close to me, dying while I don't get to say goodbye and it is ripping me apart.

It is becoming really tiring wearing that mask anymore.  :-\
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5918 on: April 11, 2016, 12:18:05 am »
I am currently at my lowest ebb. In all the years depression and anxiety has effected me it's never gotten to this point and I am at a loss at how to cope. A couple of things have happened over the weekend that have really made things worse and as of now I am in the worst place I've ever been in. I have told my family not to let me be on my own because I simply don't trust myself. I am a broken man right now.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5919 on: April 11, 2016, 08:14:38 am »
I am currently at my lowest ebb. In all the years depression and anxiety has effected me it's never gotten to this point and I am at a loss at how to cope. A couple of things have happened over the weekend that have really made things worse and as of now I am in the worst place I've ever been in. I have told my family not to let me be on my own because I simply don't trust myself. I am a broken man right now.

Are you getting any help?  I started counselling on Thursday.  It's good to have someone to talk and listen who is outside of your family / friends. 
Are you still running?  I felt ridiculously low on Friday and couldn't see the point in anything, even running.  I forced myself out the door though and it did help take my mind off stuff.   
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.