Author Topic: Struggling with depression  (Read 629964 times)

Offline rafasredangel

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!
Re: Struggling with depression
« Reply #5840 on: January 22, 2016, 04:27:26 pm »
Feel like I've reached snapping point. A few months ago I briefly considered jumping in the Mersey because everything was spinning out of control and I couldn't cope. I talked myself out of it, but in the back of my mind I thought If I was going to do it I would rather do it in London.

Everything is still rubbish and things feel like they're never going to get better, right now I feel that I have no fight left. I'm going to London to celebrate my Birthday this weekend, but I have a couple of hours to kill on Sunday before coming back to Liverpool. I'm scared I'll do something stupid because I know I don't want to face coming back to Liverpool.

Sorry to dump that on here, but I feel if I admit it to someone then it might stop me throwing away my life. I've changed my phone screen saver to a picture of my nieces to remind I do have things worth living for in my life.
Andrew Miller MP on the S*n 'What gave them the right to publish such disgusting filth when people had died?' YNWA JFT96
Thatcher's Mind=Managed decline

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #5841 on: January 22, 2016, 11:10:09 pm »
It would have been my kid brothers 39th birthday today. Fuck you life!!! That is all.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #5842 on: January 23, 2016, 01:48:32 pm »
Sorry to dump that on here, but I feel if I admit it to someone then it might stop me throwing away my life. I've changed my phone screen saver to a picture of my nieces to remind I do have things worth living for in my life.
Admission is a powerful step to acceptance, which leads to opening up and sharing. That can lead to dealing with it and subsequent recovery. Keep talking to us. Keep believing in that last statement you make. Life is always worth living - we sometimes have to look hard, of course. Keep looking.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5843 on: January 23, 2016, 09:53:36 pm »
Just hit me that I only have one week remaining while I am on holiday back home in Egypt before going back to the States.

I think leaving will be way tougher than I thought. I think once I have enough experience under my belt, I will probably move back here even though it is a shit hole but it is still home and I feel more comfortable than in the States where for the past 4 months, I just lived as a walking ghost.

If you're in a new city try finding people in a similar position rather than integrating with the locals who'll have their own things going on (that takes time).

Have a look at Internations or Meetup.
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #5844 on: January 28, 2016, 06:10:47 pm »
hey guys!

just thought I'd show you one of my creations. keep in mind that I have only been doing this for two weeks so i'm still a bit of an amateur ;D  but i'm absolutely loving every day :)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5845 on: January 28, 2016, 07:31:58 pm »
hey guys!

just thought I'd show you one of my creations. keep in mind that I have only been doing this for two weeks so i'm still a bit of an amateur ;D  but i'm absolutely loving every day :)

Lovely them evie. You look like you might have a bit of a talent for that. :)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #5846 on: January 28, 2016, 07:34:59 pm »
hey guys!

Very creative and visually pleasing!

Was it you who gave up a job to do flowers or am I thinking of someone else?

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5847 on: January 28, 2016, 07:51:03 pm »
i'm absolutely loving every day :)
Fantastic!

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #5848 on: January 28, 2016, 08:15:00 pm »
Very creative and visually pleasing!

Was it you who gave up a job to do flowers or am I thinking of someone else?

That would be me, yeah :) best decision of my life btw.

Lovely them evie. You look like you might have a bit of a talent for that. :)

Thanks :) 18 weeks to go including 6 weeks of practical training in a flower shop.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 08:17:51 pm by evie »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #5849 on: January 28, 2016, 08:15:52 pm »
That would be me, yeah :)

Thanks :) 18 weeks to go including 6 weeks of practical training in a flower shop.

:thumbup Well done! Looks like it's going well and having a very positive effect on your life. Happy for you!

Offline evie

• Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #5850 on: January 28, 2016, 08:18:59 pm »
:thumbup Well done! Looks like it's going well and having a very positive effect on your life. Happy for you!

:thumbup

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5851 on: January 28, 2016, 10:13:12 pm »
Nice work evie!  8)

Incidentally, I've been getting some groundwork done on my own pet project to sell my artwork.  The printer's on Duke Street have given me some very good information about getting high quality prints of my work, and can put me in contact with somebody who can produce stuff like mugs, mousemats and coasters.  I've settled on this design for the time being as it's the least random.  ;D

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #5852 on: January 31, 2016, 03:17:47 pm »
Hi here, I guess..

Just had a feeling to pop up in here, as this would be the appropciate thread for me. Even though I unconciouslessy go through a bit too much to cover it up.

Don't really know what else to say, those of you who visit this thread for a reason, will know.

Jaakko

Offline evie

• Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #5853 on: February 3, 2016, 06:13:48 pm »
Hi here, I guess..

Just had a feeling to pop up in here, as this would be the appropciate thread for me. Even though I unconciouslessy go through a bit too much to cover it up.

Don't really know what else to say, those of you who visit this thread for a reason, will know.

Jaakko

Hi Jaakko

If you ever need to get things off your chest, feel free to PM me if you just need someone to listen.

Plenty of people on here have been there for me when I've needed it and I can't express how much that has meant to me.

Whatever you're going through, we're here for you.

YNWA

Offline evie

• Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #5854 on: February 3, 2016, 06:16:13 pm »
Nice work evie!  8)

Incidentally, I've been getting some groundwork done on my own pet project to sell my artwork.  The printer's on Duke Street have given me some very good information about getting high quality prints of my work, and can put me in contact with somebody who can produce stuff like mugs, mousemats and coasters.  I've settled on this design for the time being as it's the least random.  ;D

Excellent! ;D How great does it feel to be creative? :) I'm a lot more relaxed and I am happier. Much happier :)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5855 on: February 3, 2016, 09:27:34 pm »
Excellent! ;D How great does it feel to be creative? :) I'm a lot more relaxed and I am happier. Much happier :)

Yeah.  I know I can never go back to the kind of working environment that helped put me in this situation, but equally I don't want to be hooked into the state for the rest of my life - especially given the current political circumstances.  I need to find a way to become financially independent and my art increasingly seems to be the key to all this.

So glad things are starting to work out for you.  Reckon I might set up a dedicated FB page just for my work. :)
« Last Edit: February 3, 2016, 09:32:00 pm by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5856 on: February 5, 2016, 05:42:11 pm »
Well the PIP decision has (finally!) come through.

Looks like I'm losing the enhanced rate and dropping to the standard rate of £55 p/w. On the plus side it doesn't look like they will contact me again until January 2020 and it also looks as though I will still qualify for the severe disability premium element of ESA.  Plus I don't have to go through the wringer of a face to face meeting.

Basically I'm losing £30 a week but I don't think I will appeal.  Technically my condition has deteriorated as when I first applied for PIP back in 2014 my borderline personality disorder hadn't been diagnosed, and since then my support network has shrunk quite a bit, but I'm reluctant to push the situation.  I will probably contact the CAB Monday to clarify a few points.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RedWood65

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5857 on: February 9, 2016, 03:03:27 pm »
I've been lurking here for some time. My brother finally convinced me to seek help.  I was put on medication a couple weeks ago. I hadn't noticed a change in myself, until I laughed out loud at a stupid video on Reddit. I realized I hadn't laughed out loud for longer than I could remember.

Still plenty to work through, but it feels good to be doing something to change things. A quiet thank you to all of you who have been struggling, and working to improve yourselves.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5858 on: February 9, 2016, 04:44:36 pm »
Well the PIP decision has (finally!) come through.

Looks like I'm losing the enhanced rate and dropping to the standard rate of £55 p/w. On the plus side it doesn't look like they will contact me again until January 2020 and it also looks as though I will still qualify for the severe disability premium element of ESA.  Plus I don't have to go through the wringer of a face to face meeting.

Basically I'm losing £30 a week but I don't think I will appeal.  Technically my condition has deteriorated as when I first applied for PIP back in 2014 my borderline personality disorder hadn't been diagnosed, and since then my support network has shrunk quite a bit, but I'm reluctant to push the situation.  I will probably contact the CAB Monday to clarify a few points.

I wonder how much it's cost them to take £30 per week off you.   It's a joke, I think.  Do they want to starve people into submission?

The irony is that with a revolution in automation on the horizon, they're going to have to find a way of dealing with mass unemployment, so all this penny pinching is simply ideological.   Some quite prominent economists are pushing for a basic income for everyone.   
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5859 on: February 9, 2016, 07:29:13 pm »
I wonder how much it's cost them to take £30 per week off you.   It's a joke, I think.  Do they want to starve people into submission?

The irony is that with a revolution in automation on the horizon, they're going to have to find a way of dealing with mass unemployment, so all this penny pinching is simply ideological.   Some quite prominent economists are pushing for a basic income for everyone.

It's not the money I'm bothered about.  It's how they decided there was no medical evidence to support my claim that I have communication difficulties because according to my consultant I have a degree in literature. 

Yeah I have a degree in creative writing - from 1999.  And part of the reason I'm doing MBT is because I am struggling to make myself understood.  It's no wonder there's precious little medical evidence about this as it's only manifested itself in the last 2 years or so.

But I really don't have the will to mount another appeal.  I'd only be distracting myself with stress and giving up energy I need to focus on recovery.  At the end of the day I am only about £1500 a year worse off and compared to others that's  drop in the ocean.  The rest of my money is guaranteed for four years so I have time now to focus in on getting better and becoming financially independent through my art.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5860 on: February 14, 2016, 07:10:28 am »
You really can't put a price on a sound mind.  :( :'(

I've been feeling like shit for weeks. I've tried to hide it, but the ones closest to me know I'm not right. It's now approaching 11 months since my fiance left me for another guy. I've moved on I believe, but maybe I haven't? I don't think the hurt she caused me is still there, but I can't stop thinking about her on a daily basis. It's all bollocks. I Don't want her back. I despise the thought of her sharing oxygen with me and our son. But I still can't fathom why she done what she done. She lied to me for months after I found out aswell. I'm not sure why I still get upset. Is it the betrayal, or is it the questions I ask of myself? If I had done this, or if I had done that? Ultimately, I know I will have a better life without her in it, but that life seems a million miles away. We had the rest of our lives planned out. Giving our son a sibling, getting married. All gone in literally a sleep. (For me anyway, for her it was planned for a few weeks).

I get our son 7 nights out of 14, which is a lot compared to some. I work for CMS/CSA, so I know how crap some people are regarding access. Whether that be the paying or receving parent, they're both as fucked up as each other. Somehow I manage to keep my own sanity to speak to these people, but I can tell y :'(u, it's not always easy.

I've literally no idea how my life is going to pan out now. 12 months ago I couldn't have been happier. Now, I depend on pills to prevent me wanting to jump out the 7th floor window  :-\
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #5861 on: February 20, 2016, 11:36:43 am »

This high-schooler has been tormented for awhile now. A fellow student had been making durogatory comments about her. He later became her cyberbully when she was off of the campus.

Young kids should enroll in martial arts classes where they can be taught confidence, self-respect, and restraint. Bullies will always be insensitive. Normally they are dealing with their own depression. As a last resort, protect yourself, knock them down a few pegs off their pedestal.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/p9hIEPSIIfw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/p9hIEPSIIfw</a>

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #5862 on: February 20, 2016, 12:13:04 pm »

three instant thoughts from seeing that

1. good for her for standing up for herself
2. being a teacher must be a nightmare
3. Im glad Im not in school anymore

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #5863 on: February 21, 2016, 06:33:13 pm »
You really can't put a price on a sound mind.  :( :'(

I've been feeling like shit for weeks. I've tried to hide it, but the ones closest to me know I'm not right. It's now approaching 11 months since my fiance left me for another guy. I've moved on I believe, but maybe I haven't? I don't think the hurt she caused me is still there, but I can't stop thinking about her on a daily basis. It's all bollocks. I Don't want her back. I despise the thought of her sharing oxygen with me and our son. But I still can't fathom why she done what she done. She lied to me for months after I found out aswell. I'm not sure why I still get upset. Is it the betrayal, or is it the questions I ask of myself? If I had done this, or if I had done that? Ultimately, I know I will have a better life without her in it, but that life seems a million miles away. We had the rest of our lives planned out. Giving our son a sibling, getting married. All gone in literally a sleep. (For me anyway, for her it was planned for a few weeks).

I get our son 7 nights out of 14, which is a lot compared to some. I work for CMS/CSA, so I know how crap some people are regarding access. Whether that be the paying or receving parent, they're both as fucked up as each other. Somehow I manage to keep my own sanity to speak to these people, but I can tell y :'(u, it's not always easy.

I've literally no idea how my life is going to pan out now. 12 months ago I couldn't have been happier. Now, I depend on pills to prevent me wanting to jump out the 7th floor window  :-\

Now listen to me Bollix.  Its grief you stupid fucker.  For the loss of all you held dear.  Nobody actually has to actually fucking die. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5864 on: February 21, 2016, 06:45:20 pm »
You need to seek bereavement counselling.  And if you want the masterclass on betrayal please PM me.  And knock off the pills.  Not a good idea whilst on the piss.  And knock off the window jumping stuff.  Seventh floor.  Well I've climbed out of lavvie windows higher than that in my youth to avoid amorous pillocks.  Fucking Drama Queen.   

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5865 on: February 22, 2016, 11:07:36 am »
Counselling is a very good suggestion.

Suicidal ideation should be taken seriously. You need to talk to someone about having such thoughts, even if they seem passing. One of the main reasons that suicide is high among men is that such thoughts are not taken seriously and we don't seek help early enough. It's not drama or attention seeking, it's an illness taking hold.

No-one considers suicide, even as a passing thought, unless they are suffering illness. If you had a bad case of influenza, you'd seek help in case it turned to pneumonia - same here. Please seek help.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5866 on: February 22, 2016, 01:01:39 pm »
Counselling is a very good suggestion.

Suicidal ideation should be taken seriously. You need to talk to someone about having such thoughts, even if they seem passing. One of the main reasons that suicide is high among men is that such thoughts are not taken seriously and we don't seek help early enough. It's not drama or attention seeking, it's an illness taking hold.

No-one considers suicide, even as a passing thought, unless they are suffering illness. If you had a bad case of influenza, you'd seek help in case it turned to pneumonia - same here. Please seek help.

I do take it extremely seriously.  But you know me I deal in tuff luv. 

I have seen the pit of hell and my life destroyed in three months and no support.   So please.  Don't come on to me bleating about some slag, navel gazing and wallowing in self pity.  IT WASNT YOU.  IT WAS HER.  SHE WAS A SLUT.  - Gettit?

But you have your precious son and very good access rights.   So make a good life for you both and whomever else.  It is within your power to easily do this.

Anyway.

Enough of this emotional stuff.  Ditch the bitch from your brain.  Grow a pair and man up.  :wave

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #5867 on: February 22, 2016, 10:47:27 pm »
Citalopram for 8 weeks now - 20mg. It's not helping much 😟
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline evie

• Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #5868 on: February 25, 2016, 06:08:17 pm »
Citalopram for 8 weeks now - 20mg. It's not helping much 😟

Usually it takes a while. You should give it a few more months. But...I'd also suggest counselling. I'm on a combo of citalopram 20 mg and therapy. It's working out good for me but then again, pretty much changed when I changed my career path. I never realised that my job was largely to blame for making me depressed. Go talk to a professional. You can discover things you had no idea was troubling you.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5869 on: February 25, 2016, 07:09:43 pm »
Been at therapy for a month now.  Only 17 to go.  Feck me I've heard stories from the other members that would have you going "WTF!?"

Last two weeks have been a struggle, what with my Dad's birthday on Valentine's Day; Mother's Day coming up, which will effectively mark a year since I last saw her before the family cut me off; plus my parents' wedding anniversary, which I think would have been their 50th this year; then the anniversary of my Dad's death on April 20th.  Fun times.

On the plus side, I've sold a few of my postcards.  Another £80 quid and I'll break even.  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5870 on: February 28, 2016, 04:10:13 am »
You need to seek bereavement counselling.  And if you want the masterclass on betrayal please PM me.  And knock off the pills.  Not a good idea whilst on the piss.  And knock off the window jumping stuff.  Seventh floor.  Well I've climbed out of lavvie windows higher than that in my youth to avoid amorous pillocks.  Fucking Drama Queen.

I've tried giving up the pills, but it seems every time I go 2/3/4 days without them, I feel miserable as fuck. Like now. Tonight is the first night I've touched a beer for 8 days. That was out of choice, not neccesity. Generally I drink most days (Only a few pints a day, not a whole lot). I havent touched an anti depressant since Wednesday. It wrecks me after a few days. I really don't want to have to depend on these fucking things to be in some way happy. It took me about 7 months to go to the doctor about how I was feeling. I need off these fucking things.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5871 on: February 28, 2016, 11:14:54 am »
Anti depressants don't make you happy mate.  I am not sure what they are supposed to do.  This time last year I was on 120mg of duloxetine and I still felt like topping myself half the time.  I realised I didn't know what the real me was anymore - what was depression and what was simply side effects of the pills.

But going "cold turkey" on them wont help you - nor will taking them intermittently.  I tried Venlafaxine last year and managed three weeks before I decided I didn't want them.  I foolishly made the mistake of going cold turkey on them.  After three days it was like a bad case of flu - pale, sweaty, the shakes and throwing up.  I went back to taking half a pill for a week, then a quarter pill for the week after that.  Asides from that three week stint on the Venlafaxine, I've been without tabs now for almost a year now.

Also, my pills gave me very bad alcohol cravings.  Nowadays I'm fine.  I can go seven to ten days without a drink, then might have a day where there's a couple of drinks, gap of a few days, then two or three cans followed by another two the following night.  I admit I still have days where I say to myself, "God, I need a drink".  Sometimes I will, sometimes I wont - but at least I feel in control of matters now.

The point I'm trying to make is that, in my opinion, pills are only ever a short term option - two years max.  Yet I've heard of people being on them for 15-20 years.   :o

If you want to get "better", ie healed, you gotta get proper help, and that means therapy.  You have to avoid the likes of pills and alcohol becoming a crutch that you use to blot out the worst of the feelings.  Keeping the pain at barely or just tolerable levels resolves nothing and will only hold you back as you try to move on with your life.

At the end of the day it's not about being "happy".  It's about being able to accept and move on.  That means you have to start with letting go.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:17:25 am by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #5872 on: February 29, 2016, 10:10:23 pm »
Usually it takes a while. You should give it a few more months. But...I'd also suggest counselling. I'm on a combo of citalopram 20 mg and therapy. It's working out good for me but then again, pretty much changed when I changed my career path. I never realised that my job was largely to blame for making me depressed. Go talk to a professional. You can discover things you had no idea was troubling you.

Cheers thanks. I have noticed an improvement the last week 👍
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #5873 on: March 4, 2016, 11:35:09 pm »
What a shit week.. Been fine for a while but hit me again this week just creeps up on you with out you knowing. Hate feeling like this

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5874 on: March 5, 2016, 08:07:11 am »
My time in London was tempered slightly with seeing loads of Mothers Day ads and slogans...

Tomorrow is going to be a difficult day, I think :(
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5875 on: March 5, 2016, 08:23:59 am »
My time in London was tempered slightly with seeing loads of Mothers Day ads and slogans...

I know how you feel mate. It'll be 10 years this year since I lost me ma. Still miss her loads. It's because of her I support Liverpool(she was a scouser). But be grateful if you still have any remaining family left. I haven't. They've all been taken from me.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5876 on: March 5, 2016, 09:40:33 am »
I know how you feel mate. It'll be 10 years this year since I lost me ma. Still miss her loads. It's because of her I support Liverpool(she was a scouser). But be grateful if you still have any remaining family left. I haven't. They've all been taken from me.

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you have a nice day tomorrow though. Our mums are both looking down on us and both of them would want us to be happy...

Take care :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5877 on: March 5, 2016, 09:57:42 am »
Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you have a nice day tomorrow though. Our mums are both looking down on us and both of them would want us to be happy...

Take care :)

Oh of course so mate. Me ma was a little fighter, so she wouldn't want me to mope about and give up on life. She lived hers to the full and that's what she always wanted me to do as well.

And you too Andy. :)

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5878 on: March 5, 2016, 10:03:23 am »

The last time I saw my mother before my family cut me off was Mother's Day last year.  I'm pretty much resigned to never seeing her again, and she will go to her grave believing I lied to the police to try and destroy up my brother's career.

Hugs to you mate.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5879 on: March 5, 2016, 11:05:58 am »
The last time I saw my mother before my family cut me off was Mother's Day last year.  I'm pretty much resigned to never seeing her again, and she will go to her grave believing I lied to the police to try and destroy up my brother's career.

Hugs to you mate.

Last time I saw my younger brother alive I shouted at him. He was in hospital for what seemed the umpteenth time in the space of a couple of months. He was a diabetic, was so since the age of four, but never really looked after himself. I told him to get a grip of his life and get his shit together, because I wasn't going to baby-sit him for the rest of his life. Had a weird feeling walking out of that ward and the hospital I'd never see him alive again. Two months later the police found him dead in his flat. He was only 35. Life sucks BIG TIME at times. :(