Author Topic: Father Ted  (Read 140252 times)

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Re: Father Ted
« Reply #280 on: January 3, 2011, 04:15:05 pm »
I loved how Ted's attempts to convince the contest audience that foul play had taken place riffed on the film JFK's courtroom scenes (at least, I think it did).  :D

Fucking hell!
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #281 on: January 3, 2011, 04:32:28 pm »
Shame Pauline McLynn wouldnt take part in the documentry...miserable bitch!

She's actually really nice. I sat next to her at a friend's birthday dinner once and she was lovely to talk to but wanted to move on from Father Ted. I think she was fed up with people shouting "Have a cup of tea, you will Father... you will, you will..." at her.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #282 on: January 3, 2011, 04:35:42 pm »
I keep meaning to read a couple of her books.

I wonder if they're full of wall-to-wall bastards.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline IrishDave

• This custom title is invisible
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert clever comment here ............
« Reply #283 on: January 3, 2011, 04:41:09 pm »
Shame Pauline McLynn wouldnt take part in the documentry...miserable bitch!

Bit unfair on Pauline there methinks. If you read this I think you can understand her motives.

http://www.paulinemclynn.com/site/blog/ted

Bear in mind that she also worked with Dermot Morgan on Scrap Saturday in the 90's so if she reckons it would have been too upsetting to revisit those locations without him, I'd believe that.

I loved Ted night although it was a bit sad. Having watched Dermot Morgan since his Live Mike days, I was really devastated when he died and you could see that a lot of the cast still are too - Jim Norton saying he still hasn't watched Kicking Bishop Brennan up the Arse was especially sad.

Not least because he is depriving himself of possibly the best 25 minutes of comedy ever shown.

Along with Speed 3... and Hell... and the rabbits episode.... and the Eurovision one.... and the Chinese one... and the Three Bishops visiting... and the rigged car raffle... fuck it, they're all genius.

'What do you think is behind the advent calendar window today Father Jack?'
'A PAIR OF  FECKIN' WOMEN'S KNICKERS!!!!'
Keep your friends close & your enemies won't matter

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #284 on: January 3, 2011, 04:42:51 pm »
Not Ruud Gullit sitting on a shed?

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: January 3, 2011, 07:06:33 pm »
I loved how Ted's attempts to convince the contest audience that foul play had taken place riffed on the film JFK's courtroom scenes (at least, I think it did).  :D

I liked the 3 bad lads in that epsiode who were trying to scare Chris the Sheep.  Hud Hastings, Giant Reid and Fargo Boyle...Just brilliant names  ;D

As Ted revealed they were the culprits and had been spending money lavishly, the camera flashed back to them.

One of them on a Push Bike wearing a big long fur coat with a Ł1000 price tag hanging down.  And one of the others sat in the pub wearing a big gold crown with two giggling girls by his side.

Then a picture of one of the bad guys holding a sign in front of a worried looking sheep "BEAST KILL CHRIS"

Love that whole episode so much :lmao

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #286 on: January 3, 2011, 07:15:23 pm »
Don't be too hard on them (I'm sorry I didn't get your name)

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #287 on: January 3, 2011, 07:32:48 pm »
I just wish I never watched that episode of Shameless where she's got her tits out getting banged.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #288 on: January 3, 2011, 07:40:54 pm »
Fucking hell!

That's honestly my favourite bit from Father Ted ever! I vividly remember creasing up at the time. It has it's own facebook page as well, would you believe!

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&tid=1807541106245#!/pages/Shouting-fucking-hell-when-a-sheep-contest-is-rigged/110915628967358

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #289 on: January 14, 2011, 10:28:41 pm »
That's honestly my favourite bit from Father Ted ever! I vividly remember creasing up at the time. It has it's own facebook page as well, would you believe!

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&tid=1807541106245#!/pages/Shouting-fucking-hell-when-a-sheep-contest-is-rigged/110915628967358

I didn't realise it was shouted twice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgBjPNShc2Q&feature=related

YNWA Rafa.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #290 on: January 15, 2011, 08:55:12 am »

I have used this in many social settings when appropriate, tremendous fun.

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: January 15, 2011, 09:16:38 am »
I used to see Arthur Matthews when he was in a band called The Joshua Trio; kind of like a U2 tribute band, only they amped up Bono and his so called 'godlike' status, and took the piss out of it. Arthur would sometimes come out from behind the drum kit, and launch into Father Ted. At that early stage, Father Ted Crilly was more like Father Dougal, so imagine my surprise when the series started and Dermot Morgan had transformed the character; for the better!

Anyone one here remember Dermot's Father Brian Trendy? :D
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2011, 07:21:36 pm »
'I hear you're a racist now, Father?'
'Normally I spend all day on the farm, and spend me evenings with a nice cup of tea. I'm not sure I have it in me to fully dedicate meself to the old racism'
'The Greeks invented gayness'

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #293 on: January 27, 2011, 11:08:23 pm »
Watched the pat mustard one the other night. Hilarious
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #294 on: January 27, 2011, 11:11:50 pm »
Watched the pat mustard one the other night. Hilarious

Speed 3.  :D
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: January 27, 2011, 11:17:19 pm »

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #296 on: December 25, 2011, 12:15:52 am »
"It's Ireland's biggest lingerie section, I understand"

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #297 on: December 25, 2011, 12:26:59 am »
"You let Dougal do a funeral?!"

C4 now btw.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #298 on: April 4, 2012, 09:16:05 pm »
Is their anything to be said for saying another mass, I love mass

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #299 on: April 4, 2012, 09:54:50 pm »
Just have a bit of an oul pray.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #300 on: April 4, 2012, 09:59:21 pm »
"Father Crilly, Pat wants to know if he can put his massive tool in my box?.....
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #301 on: April 4, 2012, 10:10:08 pm »
Good luck with the book

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #302 on: April 4, 2012, 10:14:56 pm »
Fup off.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #303 on: April 4, 2012, 10:21:48 pm »
Youtube has every episode of Father Ted. Hard to pick a favorite episode. Love it were he tries to knock a dent out of a new car for a raffle with a hammer ;D
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #304 on: April 4, 2012, 10:23:22 pm »
"How did that gobshite get on the television"

Love Farther Ted, best ones, Escape From Victory & Kicking Bishiop Brennan Up The Arse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLKvponqV4Q

:lmao
#Sausages

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #305 on: April 4, 2012, 10:25:25 pm »
They all fall asleep watching mass on the telly and father Jack changes the channel

"and now the directors cut of Jurassic park with extra dinosaurs"
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #306 on: April 4, 2012, 10:34:53 pm »
I think you're a very rude man

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #307 on: April 4, 2012, 10:36:31 pm »
Chair!...Curtains!...Floor!..
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #308 on: April 4, 2012, 10:44:14 pm »
Chair!...Curtains!...Floor!..

Points to Ted, "Gobshte".
 ;D
#Sausages

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: April 4, 2012, 11:16:59 pm »
Father....I've Killed a man

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: April 4, 2012, 11:19:00 pm »

Offline mbyx6cg2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: April 4, 2012, 11:23:14 pm »
"Watching a load of boys running around in shorts. You probably like that dont ya? Although you're probably imagining them running around without shorts. You're sitting there, imagining that, with a big smile on your face........ya dirty fecker"

Father Stack  :D
Once she's had a few glasses of Chardonnay I'll be in quicker than you can say PDF to offer her a jolly good spit shining of her corned beef curtains

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: April 4, 2012, 11:24:46 pm »

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #313 on: April 5, 2012, 03:27:38 am »
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #314 on: April 9, 2012, 04:03:22 pm »
heard a rumour father romeo sensini is signing for united, goes down a bit easy in the box, but a class player, 17 caps for the vatican cant be sniffed at!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: April 30, 2012, 01:33:50 pm »
Watched the 'Old Grey Whistle Theft' episode last week and still laughing at the bit where Mr Benson tells the story about how the whistle saved his grandfathers life. The English firing squad shot his grandfather and the bullet rebounded off the whistle.

Ted: WOW...So the whistle saved your grandfathers life?

Benson: God No, they just reloaded and shot him again.

:lmao

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: April 30, 2012, 01:42:49 pm »
Father Ted Crilly: Ah, Sister Assumpta!

Sr. Assumpta: Hello Father!

Father Ted Crilly: Dougal, Dougal, do you remember Sister Assumpta?

Father Dougal McGuire: Er, no.

Father Dougal McGuire: She was here last year! And then we stayed with her in the convent, back in Kildare. Do you remember it? Ah, you do! And then you were hit by the car when you went down to the shops for the paper. You must remember all that? And then you won a hundred pounds with your lottery card? Ah, you must remember it, Dougal!

[Dougal shakes his head]

Sr. Assumpta: And weren't you accidentally arrested for shoplifting? I remember we had to go down to the police station to get you!... And the police station went on fire? And you had to be rescued by helicopter?

Father Ted Crilly: Do you remember? You can't remember any of that? The helicopter! When you fell out of the helicopter! Over the zoo! Do you remember the tigers?

[Dougal shakes his head some more]

Father Ted Crilly: You don't remember? You were wearing your blue jumper.

Father Dougal McGuire: Ah, Sister Assumpta!

"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: April 30, 2012, 01:43:30 pm »
ahhhh priest chat, hilarious

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #318 on: April 30, 2012, 05:53:04 pm »
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #319 on: April 30, 2012, 05:55:09 pm »
Good luck with the book