Author Topic: Unirea Urziceni v Liverpool 25-2-10 18:00 Europa Cup. Pre-match chat.  (Read 50854 times)

Offline Bam

• -bocciade.....look it up!
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Unirea Urziceni v Liverpool 25-2-10 18:00 Europa Cup. Pre-match chat.
« Reply #200 on: February 25, 2010, 01:07:33 pm »
Rafa Benitez was quizzed about his weight in a bizarre press conference in Bucharest, prior to Liverpool's Europa League last 32 return leg with Unirea Urziceni.

The Liverpool manager has occasionally complained of harsh treatment from the English press but has never experienced anything like the line of interrogation adopted by Romania's media, in a first-floor suite of the team's hotel barely an hour-and-a-half after their charter jet touched down at Bucharest Airport.

He had already been grilled about travel arrangements that have been viewed in some quarters as a sign of disrespect towards Unirea, when local journalists turned up the heat with a string of provocative questions.

One asked how it felt to be taunted about the sack by opposing fans, another wanted to know the salary he would demand to coach a Romanian club and a third told him he had piled on the pounds since Liverpool's Champions' League final triumph over AC Milan nearly five years ago.

To Benitez's credit, he answered each one with a broad smile after stoutly defending his decision to delay departure from Liverpool until the middle of the afternoon, thereby foregoing the chance to train at Thursday night's venue, the Steaua Stadium in Bucharest.

The inquisition began with a suggestion that, by flying in late and heading back to Liverpool straight after the final whistle, he was taking the threat of the Romanian champions lightly.

'Not at all,' he replied. 'I just had to work out what would be the best preparation for the team, and I just felt that working on formations and set-pieces at Melwood before, rather than after, a three-hour flight would be the right option.

'As for after the game, if it goes to extra-time, the plane will wait, because it is a charter. Don't make the mistake of thinking we are taking anything for granted.'

It got personal after that, as he was bluntly asked how he coped with standing in the technical area and hearing opposing supporters chant: 'You're getting sacked in the morning.'

Unruffled, the under-pressure Spaniard claimed: 'I don't listen to them. When you are on the sidelines, watching your team, you are not aware of anything else. You are in the zone and concentrating only on what is happening on the pitch. Anyway, I don't always understand. My English still isn't all that good.'

Benitez was just as diplomatic over another direct query about what 'fee' he would expect to take over a side in Romania.

'It's not just about money,' he said. 'It's about being at the right club, and I feel I've got the right job now at Liverpool.'

With press officer Ian Cotton trying to wind up proceedings, the best was saved until last as the gentleman who brought up the subject of sack-related chants had the final word.

'Mr.Benitez,' he said. 'The last time I saw you was at the 2005 Champions' League final, and your, erm, silhouette seems to have changed since then. Why is that?'

Breaking out into a grin, Benitez responded: 'It is the stress of having to answer so many questions from the press. Thank you and goodnight.'

===============

Fucking cheeky Pikey kunts...
It’s the attitude we’ve always had and we stand by it, we don't appreciate different views – don’t like it then fuck off to another site, it really is that simple and it goes for everyone – we do care, agree with us or fuck off, it’s the internet!

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2010, 01:10:19 pm »
That's just an example, but i just don't see where Spearing and Darby fit in.

true enough .... thought the more experience with the squad wouldn't be a bad thing ....

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #202 on: February 25, 2010, 01:11:46 pm »
Got nil nil written all over it.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: February 25, 2010, 01:16:03 pm »
Theres goals in them hills ...... loads  ;)

Offline RedGirlSuzie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only hero we need!
« Reply #204 on: February 25, 2010, 01:16:27 pm »

If that's how it ends, and we come through it with no injuries and a reasonable performance then I'll be a happy girl!!
On awaiting Everton's arrival for a derby game at Anfield, Shankly gave a box of toilet rolls to the doorman and said: 'Give them these when they arrive – they'll need them!'

What a legend this man is!

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: February 25, 2010, 01:19:35 pm »
If that's how it ends, and we come through it with no injuries and a reasonable performance then I'll be a happy girl!!

Quite.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Ben_

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: February 25, 2010, 01:20:25 pm »
Would really like to see Masch, Lucas, Gerrard and Aquilani in the same side...

Masch  Lucas
Gerrard Aquilani Babel
               Kuyt

With lots of interchanging and movement in that three. Can't see it happening, but it would be nice.
The match kicks off in 30 minutes ya silly twat

"This European Cup final is won, AC Milan 3, Liverpool 0."

"This scoreline is absolutely staggering, AC Milan 3, Liverpool 3!" - Five Live

Offline Obviously

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 25, 2010, 01:21:22 pm »
true enough .... thought the more experience with the squad wouldn't be a bad thing ....

Of course more experience would be great, but getting it in knock out stages is not the the time to do it IMO.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: February 25, 2010, 01:26:30 pm »
Of course more experience would be great, but getting it in knock out stages is not the the time to do it IMO.

The thing with Pacheco is that it wouldn´t even be any risk involved in starting him. He´s a quality lad and mature and responsible for his age.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Obviously

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2010, 01:41:17 pm »
The thing with Pacheco is that it wouldn´t even be any risk involved in starting him. He´s a quality lad and mature and responsible for his age.

If you read on the previous page i've stated that i support us playing Pacheco. And with him, N'gog and Kelly we already have 3 young players in the squad. I was referring to Darby and Spearing with what i wrote. Especially when Torres, Babel and Benayoun needing playing time as well.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: February 25, 2010, 01:45:23 pm »
If you read on the previous page i've stated that i support us playing Pacheco. And with him, Ngog and Kelly we already have 3 young players in the squad. I was referring to Darby and Spearing with what i wrote. Especially when Torres, Babel and Benayoun needing playing time as well.

I wasn´t replying to you specifically, just saying that some young players are ready to take the plunge. But as you stated, too many of them at once could prove to be catastrophic.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Alucard

• Tnuoc
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: February 25, 2010, 01:47:53 pm »
I wasn´t replying to you specifically, just saying that some young players are ready to take the plunge. But as you stated, too many of them at once could prove to be catastrophic.
At this stage of the season when there is still a fair bit on the line, you'd only play them if you had a bit of a cushion or the game was already won.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: February 25, 2010, 01:48:43 pm »
At this stage of the season when there is still a fair bit on the line, you'd only play them if you had a bit of a cushion or the game was already won.

Agree, except for Pacheco. I think he´s ready and would contribute.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 25, 2010, 02:02:53 pm »
Is it going to be on television ?
I hope so, it's a good time to have it on, I hate the late kick offs, I tend to be a little bit pissed and tired then.
Over here it's +1h as well, of course.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: February 25, 2010, 02:05:40 pm »
ESPN UK i´ve read somewhere.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Chris_Romania

• RAWK Romanian Correspondent
  • Anny Roader

Offline JohnBarnesBigToe

• Legacy Fan
  • We decide when it's over
« Reply #216 on: February 25, 2010, 02:10:44 pm »

Nah, they've got to come out and play. Can see us getting 3 tonight.
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques". Bill Shankly

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #217 on: February 25, 2010, 02:14:29 pm »
Agree on Pachecho, would love to see him get maybe 30 mins tonight, with a really strong team around him

Both Yoss and Dani P roving behind Torres is almost mouth watering.

I think it will be a good night tonight, I fancy we might just play some football, don't know why.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline TheReturnof7heKing

• Anny Roader
« Reply #218 on: February 25, 2010, 02:27:02 pm »
ESPN UK i´ve read somewhere.
We've got it on that 3e channel in Ireland, commentary is a joke though - Jeff Kenna last week, nearly turned it off.  Fuckin bangin on about Ngog not being up to it for most of the game and then he pops up and gets us the winner, ha ha, what a dope you are Kenna.
SoS Membership Number:  4280
----------------------------------------

Thanks for everything Rafa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 25, 2010, 02:27:47 pm »
Nah, they've got to come out and play. Can see us getting 3 tonight.

Hope you´re right.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: February 25, 2010, 02:36:01 pm »
Agree on Pachecho, would love to see him get maybe 30 mins tonight, with a really strong team around him

Both Yoss and Dani P roving behind Torres is almost mouth watering.

I think it will be a good night tonight, I fancy we might just play some football, don't know why.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2010, 02:36:43 pm »
Who the fucks this c*nt asking about sacked in the morning and his weight? Gobshite.

Offline Skrtels Head

• looks uncannily like London Planetarium
  • Kopite
« Reply #222 on: February 25, 2010, 02:43:26 pm »
Rafa Benitez was quizzed about his weight in a bizarre press conference in Bucharest, prior to Liverpool's Europa League last 32 return leg with Unirea Urziceni.

The Liverpool manager has occasionally complained of harsh treatment from the English press but has never experienced anything like the line of interrogation adopted by Romania's media, in a first-floor suite of the team's hotel barely an hour-and-a-half after their charter jet touched down at Bucharest Airport.

He had already been grilled about travel arrangements that have been viewed in some quarters as a sign of disrespect towards Unirea, when local journalists turned up the heat with a string of provocative questions.

One asked how it felt to be taunted about the sack by opposing fans, another wanted to know the salary he would demand to coach a Romanian club and a third told him he had piled on the pounds since Liverpool's Champions' League final triumph over AC Milan nearly five years ago.

To Benitez's credit, he answered each one with a broad smile after stoutly defending his decision to delay departure from Liverpool until the middle of the afternoon, thereby foregoing the chance to train at Thursday night's venue, the Steaua Stadium in Bucharest.

The inquisition began with a suggestion that, by flying in late and heading back to Liverpool straight after the final whistle, he was taking the threat of the Romanian champions lightly.

'Not at all,' he replied. 'I just had to work out what would be the best preparation for the team, and I just felt that working on formations and set-pieces at Melwood before, rather than after, a three-hour flight would be the right option.

'As for after the game, if it goes to extra-time, the plane will wait, because it is a charter. Don't make the mistake of thinking we are taking anything for granted.'

It got personal after that, as he was bluntly asked how he coped with standing in the technical area and hearing opposing supporters chant: 'You're getting sacked in the morning.'

Unruffled, the under-pressure Spaniard claimed: 'I don't listen to them. When you are on the sidelines, watching your team, you are not aware of anything else. You are in the zone and concentrating only on what is happening on the pitch. Anyway, I don't always understand. My English still isn't all that good.'

Benitez was just as diplomatic over another direct query about what 'fee' he would expect to take over a side in Romania.

'It's not just about money,' he said. 'It's about being at the right club, and I feel I've got the right job now at Liverpool.'

With press officer Ian Cotton trying to wind up proceedings, the best was saved until last as the gentleman who brought up the subject of sack-related chants had the final word.

'Mr.Benitez,' he said. 'The last time I saw you was at the 2005 Champions' League final, and your, erm, silhouette seems to have changed since then. Why is that?'

Breaking out into a grin, Benitez responded: 'It is the stress of having to answer so many questions from the press. Thank you and goodnight.'

===============

Fucking cheeky Pikey kunts...
The reason why Rafa has put on weight is because he can afford the finer things in life and he doesn't have to survive on his sisters breast milk! Cheeky bastard.

Anyway, does anybody know what state the pitch is likely to be in? I hope its not some fucking donkey field....  We don't want to be picking up any more injuries.
Whats that on your lip? Is it a mustache or is it SHIT !

Offline charles

• Main Stander
« Reply #223 on: February 25, 2010, 02:48:39 pm »
I remember the pitch being very good from the highlights of their home games in the champs league. Thats not to say it will still be good for tonight though.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2010, 02:54:42 pm »
I remember the pitch being very good from the highlights of their home games in the champs league. Thats not to say it will still be good for tonight though.
Not playing at home playing in Stadionul Steaua stadium ... did they play their in the champions league ? National stadium used by FC Steaua Bucureşti

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadionul_Steaua

Offline charles

• Main Stander
« Reply #225 on: February 25, 2010, 02:57:37 pm »
What I would like to see tonight, highly unlikely though:

---------------------Reina---------------------

Kelly-------Carra------------Skrtel------Insua

Kuyt-------Masch---------Gerrard------Benny

------------------Pachecho---------------------

--------------------Babel-----------------------

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #226 on: February 25, 2010, 03:00:39 pm »

Good enough for me.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline charles

• Main Stander
« Reply #227 on: February 25, 2010, 03:00:59 pm »
And Rourke has just said in this short vid that there is concerns about the pitch.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/eseason/Features/Rourkes-Roving-17160.php3

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #228 on: February 25, 2010, 03:12:33 pm »
And Rourke has just said in this short vid that there is concerns about the pitch.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/eseason/Features/Rourkes-Roving-17160.php3

If so, no Aquilani as Rafa won't risk him on a dodgy playing surface.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #229 on: February 25, 2010, 03:13:19 pm »

immense
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline kinkytones

• Anny Roader
  • Ta for the profile reset. Bellends
« Reply #230 on: February 25, 2010, 03:22:23 pm »
I hope we twat these Big Issue-selling gypos
"Our purpose was to document the event" - Mossad agents arrested on 9/11 caught filming the attacks.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: February 25, 2010, 03:27:21 pm »
Cannot go into the game thinking we can sit back and soak up the pressure. Keep the ball, let them chase us so when their legs tire in the last 20 minutes we can take advantage of them.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline buchigo!

• Legacy Fan
  • okay javier but i'm only on loan... for sure no?
« Reply #232 on: February 25, 2010, 03:33:03 pm »

immense

you do know that aside from being the god of war, that they also tried to poison him, shoot him four times and drown him in the icy neva river.
Finish the job sir. Come back when we deserve you.

Offline vincenzo524

• Main Stander
« Reply #233 on: February 25, 2010, 03:33:41 pm »

Good team that but I would keep Carra on the bench and rest him for Sunday bringing in Soto who still has to serve some of his domestic ban.

Offline insomniac_marlin

• Main Stander
« Reply #234 on: February 25, 2010, 03:37:43 pm »
Any early team news?

Online Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: February 25, 2010, 03:41:06 pm »

Excellent reply from Rafa there.

Of course, he should have used the line that the guy who played Harold Bishop in Neighbours once said when asked why he was so fat:

"Because every time I fuck your mum, she gives me a biscuit".
Thank you Jurgen

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: February 25, 2010, 03:42:23 pm »
If so, no Aquilani as Rafa won't risk him on a dodgy playing surface.
Physical team or uneven pitch = no Aquilani.

Think it's written into his contract....

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #237 on: February 25, 2010, 03:46:45 pm »
Any early team news?

Yep, 11 V 11 tonight and Liverpool are one of the teams.

;)
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Alucard

• Tnuoc
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: February 25, 2010, 03:49:24 pm »
I hope we twat these Big Issue-selling gypos

I probably shouldn't laugh but that seriously made me spit my tea out.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: February 25, 2010, 03:50:07 pm »
I expect

Babel
Riera      Gerrard       Kuyt
        Lucas Mascherano
Insua Kyrgiakos Skrtel Carra
               Reina

Babel has improved recently and I think he gets another start. We'll use Torres if we have to.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez