Author Topic: Garth Crooks  (Read 24690 times)

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
Re: Garth Crooks
« Reply #40 on: February 9, 2010, 12:42:45 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cugYQ35vtvQ

In the words of Eamon Dunphy...."Thats the first time ive seen sex between two men on the BBC"
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline Des Lynam

• Left at half-time
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hi, Des here.
« Reply #41 on: February 9, 2010, 12:46:04 am »
I should have been at work. Make of that what you will.

Offline safhossain03

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: February 9, 2010, 01:10:52 am »
'If you're white, and you're from Connecticut, and you try that nonsense... they'll kill you'.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #43 on: February 9, 2010, 02:15:13 am »
I like Crooks.
Bit tedious and hard to listen too but he is miles ahead of most in terms of punditry.

What the fuck
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: February 9, 2010, 02:29:15 am »
I think he's funny. Certainly wouldn't be able to get myself worked up over him like some of you lot are. He's fucking harmless.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #45 on: February 9, 2010, 02:41:00 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cugYQ35vtvQ

In the words of Eamon Dunphy...."Thats the first time ive seen sex between two men on the BBC"
As much as I think Garth Crooks is a prick, I'm fucked if I'm ever going to think that Eamon Dunphy talks anything other than absolute bollocks.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #46 on: February 9, 2010, 02:51:40 am »
Lat season when Rafa was under-pressure/in crisis/going to quit (the media make it an annual event regardless of facts), Garth was on Football Focus. There was a decent discussion going on, between Dixon and Lawrenson- I think- and he interrupts. He  proudly proclaims "I think he's got one eye on the Real Madrid job, you know!" before pointing around like a twat and grinning like the smug Charlie Uniform November Tango he is.

Everyone ignored him with Dixon looking at him in bemusement before Garth shouts "did you lot not here what I said?" and laughing loudly as if it had been prfound and not the 100% bullshit that it was. Dixon sighed "yes I did Garth" and carried on what he was saying previously ignoring Crooks's point. Was so cringeworthy and showed even the other pundits think he's utter cack.

Worst pundit ever.

Offline Santiago

• Main Stander
  • Yeeeessss!!!
« Reply #47 on: February 9, 2010, 10:19:06 am »
Lat season when Rafa was under-pressure/in crisis/going to quit (the media make it an annual event regardless of facts), Garth was on Football Focus. There was a decent discussion going on, between Dixon and Lawrenson- I think- and he interrupts. He  proudly proclaims "I think he's got one eye on the Real Madrid job, you know!" before pointing around like a twat and grinning like the smug Charlie Uniform November Tango he is.

Everyone ignored him with Dixon looking at him in bemusement before Garth shouts "did you lot not here what I said?" and laughing loudly as if it had been prfound and not the 100% bullshit that it was. Dixon sighed "yes I did Garth" and carried on what he was saying previously ignoring Crooks's point. Was so cringeworthy and showed even the other pundits think he's utter cack.

Garth Crooks is a fuckin' genius and well worth his wages for the comedy value alone.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 9, 2010, 11:39:51 am »

that pointing shit he does really fucks me off, its like he's trying to make himself look intelligent!!!

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #49 on: February 9, 2010, 11:49:06 am »
Was never much of a country and western fan.
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: February 9, 2010, 12:05:08 pm »
Catface

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: February 9, 2010, 12:14:13 pm »
someone's mentioned mark bright - he's on the times podcast, fuck knows how he has actually been able to be a pundit for so long, probably because he has such a lovely voice

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #52 on: February 9, 2010, 12:18:15 pm »
This thread is screaming for a Garth Crooks/ Mole photoshop picture.

Offline oldboybailey

• Kopite
« Reply #53 on: February 9, 2010, 12:20:11 pm »
Remember Garth at a press conference before some big international tournament a few years ago. Everyone was asking the england manager and players (cant remember who it was) about their hopes for the tournament, how the mood in the camo was etc. Then Garth comes out with a totally random question about some minor issue about preperation or the hotel. The answer got brushed over and he just kept asking the same thign over and over again as if he'd discovered some massive issue. You could tell by the way he was speaking that he thought he was the bollocks for being the only one to consider the problem when everyone else in the room jsut wanted him to fuck off and be quiet.

thats whats so annoying about him. He thinks he's this enlightened footbll oracle and that everyone should crowd round and listen whenever he deigns to offer us his wisdom. In reality he's just a self imporant, self obsessed no mark turd tickler.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #54 on: February 9, 2010, 12:36:15 pm »
Agree. I watched one of our games last season on sopcast, with Mark Bright commentating. After enduring him for 90 minutes, I had to take 2 paracetemol and lie down in a dark room for 2 hours. It took until the following wednesday before I started feeling normal again. 90 minutes of Mark Bright would skull fuck any man on this planet.

As for Garth Crooks, he needs to be put out of his misery with a taser gun. He can wave his fucking arms all he likes when he's on the ground having a fit & choking on his tongue, the odious little cretin.

Agree totally, he does the same to me (Mark Bright) and the least said about Crooks the better.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline finchy1972

• Legacy Fan
  • Here's a story of a poor boy
« Reply #55 on: February 9, 2010, 01:25:26 pm »
I like the way he pauses  mid sentence or before starting another sentence,  as if he's going to come out with something deep and meaningful when actually i think its just that he cant engage his brain.
Whatever we are , we are , whatever we will be is yet to be written .

Offline barnowl123

• Anny Roader
« Reply #56 on: February 9, 2010, 03:44:41 pm »
From James Lawton of The Independent:

Dixon on the ball as a TV pundit

Lee Dixon did nothing to damage the sense that he is emerging as arguably television's sharpest football analyst when he imposed a little insight on the execrable Merseyside derby.

While his co-panellist Garth Crooks supported amiably the popular view that rather than a game played in the most shocking and cynical way, and one which could easily have resulted in not two but half-a-dozen red cards, it was exactly the kind which the fans loved to see, Dixon kept a poker face. Then he said, "Not one pass found the right shirt – but he liked the match."

Dixon, like the trenchant Graeme Souness, is a rare and refreshing presence. He gives the impression that when he goes into the studio he does so not to milk his celebrity but to offer a hard-earned opinion. Talking heads are 10-a-penny. Thinking ones, these days, must be weighed in gold.

someone's mentioned mark bright - he's on the times podcast, fuck knows how he has actually been able to be a pundit for so long, probably because he has such a lovely voice

Listened to this weeks podcast on the way to work this morning. Stuart Barnes (who knows fuck all about the game) came across so much better than him.

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 9, 2010, 03:58:25 pm »
Mark Bright, what a complete fucker, can't stand him.  Not a fan of Crooks either.  Funnily enough from what I've seen of him, Keown seems to be one of the better pundits.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 9, 2010, 04:04:01 pm »
I have no recollection of him as a player? What was he like?

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 9, 2010, 04:32:39 pm »
I got slaughtered for saying I like Crooks!! :)

The beauty of RAWK - sorry lads.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: February 9, 2010, 04:33:54 pm »
I have no recollection of him as a player? What was he like?

He was good.
Played in a very good Spurs side.
Had Archibald and Hoodle around him so it was easy to be decent.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: February 9, 2010, 04:47:53 pm »
Catface

:lmao

He's half cat, it's insane, it's special, it's Garth and he's literally shat down his leg as this picture is taken.  Men-sational.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #62 on: February 9, 2010, 04:52:30 pm »
Garth Crooks doesnt wind me up anymore as it seems as though the rest of the people on the panel now know that he talks shit. Constantly. Steve Claridge, however, really makes my shit itch when i see him on the tv. You can almost see him rockng on his chair like an excited 10 year old kid when it comes to spouting some nonsense about us. In fact you can tell the pundits who dont like us or Rafa as they reffer to him as Benitez, but seem to use first names with talking about the other managers

Offline Upanishad

• Change is good
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • hi
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2010, 03:33:25 pm »
Found this old thread whilst digging about, apologies for reviving for no reason but some of it is truly hilarious! :lmao

As the op knows, laughter really is the best medicine!
Voyager-1 is on course to approach a star called AC +793888, but it will only get to within two light-years of it and it will be tens of thousands of years before it does so.

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2010, 05:22:10 pm »
Crooks is a legend.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2010, 12:14:16 am »
Sat next to him at Liverpool vs Vittesse years ago. Was a fair few seats on row one (i was young a liked the first row :P) in the main stand on his row, so sat next to him. Was a very nice fella.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2010, 12:19:36 am »
He has an odd shaped head.

china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2010, 03:43:23 pm »
i've just seen this in his team of the week from monday:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8738460.stm

ANTOLIN ALCARAZ (striker)
Paraguay

Great goal that left Group F wide open.

he's a centre half you fucking moron

Offline Hypias_noggin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2010, 09:42:07 pm »
Total fucking idiotic legend haha! just been watching him getting irate because martin keown made a genuine comment/opinion about nigeria's organization after the game, and he just starts shouting over keown! Legend

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2010, 09:52:11 pm »
Hate him with a passion.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2010, 09:54:13 pm »
Total fucking idiotic legend haha! just been watching him getting irate because martin keown made a genuine comment/opinion about nigeria's organization after the game, and he just starts shouting over keown! Legend

Yeah, Legend of the Mole-Faced Man.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2010, 09:54:52 pm »

Offline Bangers N Masch

• Legacy Fan
  • Backing Hodgson.
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2010, 10:24:26 pm »
i've just seen this in his team of the week from monday:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8738460.stm

he's a centre half you fucking moron

His team of the weeks are probably the worst piece of journalism you'll ever see. Mark Bright's commentary is the worst you'll ever hear.
'Nights like the semi-final back in 2005 live long in the memory of anyone who witnessed it, never mind me as an opposition player. That night has always stuck in my head and given me the desire to one day play in a red shirt and help the club return to its former glory days.'

Muted for 12 days for calling Rafa fat.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2010, 10:59:38 pm »
I think Crooks is an Utterly Nice Tip-top fella.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2010, 03:56:23 am »

that sounds like it needs putting on youtube
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2010, 06:26:44 am »
His team of the weeks are probably the worst piece of journalism you'll ever see. Mark Bright's commentary is the worst you'll ever hear.
Garth's after match "punditry" is easily the fucking worst. It's not entertaining, it's just utter fucking shit. My mum, who knows nothing about football, could put together a better after game sum up than him, and my pet rabbit could pick a better team of the week.

Fucking tool of the highest order.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline kinkytones

• Anny Roader
  • Ta for the profile reset. Bellends
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2010, 12:38:38 pm »
Imagine him and Pleat during a game. Fucking hell
"Our purpose was to document the event" - Mossad agents arrested on 9/11 caught filming the attacks.

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2010, 12:52:07 pm »
Imagine him and Pleat Mark Bright during a game. Fucking hell

Unfortunately we got that at half time in the Holland/Cameroon game. Maybe at the start and end as well but when i saw those 2 i just switched over to the Denmark/Japan game.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2010, 12:56:03 pm »
Imagine him and Pleat during a game. Fucking hell

I like Pleat. Leave the fuck alone!

Seriously, he has his faults but I would happily listen to him over 99% of others.

Offline Pires

• Main Stander
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2010, 06:53:52 pm »
Crooks is a disgrace to the profession.