Author Topic: Kodi / XBMC  (Read 611036 times)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: Kodi / XBMC
« Reply #3920 on: February 25, 2017, 09:03:18 pm »
I followed this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWdXB9tJK5U

Only lasts  7 days , then have to reinstall every 7 days

Any other way than jailbreaking

Cheers 

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #3921 on: February 25, 2017, 09:04:11 pm »
Any good alternative to Sports Mania? They can't get it to work in my location ( Indonesia)

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Havent used it myself but I think more tv , has everything for about €12 a month think they do a free 3 day pass with a email address ;)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 09:06:17 pm by rocco »

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3922 on: February 26, 2017, 09:30:21 pm »
Only lasts  7 days , then have to reinstall every 7 days

Any other way than jailbreaking

Cheers 

Have you tried this? http://builds.io/, pay a fee then lets you have Kodi on ipad without having to reinstall

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3923 on: March 5, 2017, 12:13:56 pm »
I'm after a bit of help. How van I download a custom version of Kodi my laptop with windows 8.1? Thanks in advance.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3924 on: March 5, 2017, 02:30:19 pm »
I'm after a bit of help. How van I download a custom version of Kodi my laptop with windows 8.1? Thanks in advance.
The easiest way of doing this is by downloading and installing FreeTelly from here

https://www.tvaddons.ag/freetelly-windows-kodi/

It's already set up as a custom version of Kodi with a load of addons. You can run it on the same computer as official Kodi and should be able to add more addons to it in the same way.

You can also just download Kodi and then put a custom build on it.

Once you know which addons you are actually going to use, you can then have a stripped down version of Kodi with only those addons installed which is much easier to navigate but the likes of FreeTelly and the builds are handy to see what's available.

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #3925 on: March 5, 2017, 07:30:51 pm »
Has anyone found The Championship highlights programme anywhere on Kodi?

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3926 on: March 6, 2017, 09:25:03 am »
Has anyone found The Championship highlights programme anywhere on Kodi?

No. I added them to my watchlist on IMDB's page that Exodus uses but it doesn't appear. Works for MOTD but not for Football League Tonight.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #3927 on: March 6, 2017, 04:41:48 pm »
No. I added them to my watchlist on IMDB's page that Exodus uses but it doesn't appear. Works for MOTD but not for Football League Tonight.

Yeah, pain in the arse. I live in the US and, weirdly, the geo-blocking for that show on My5 is really good (much better than iplayer, which is easily watchable).

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #3928 on: March 8, 2017, 05:08:23 pm »
Rob Harris‏Verified account @RobHarris  3m3 minutes ago
The @premierleague gains High Court order to be able to block servers that stream unauthorised broadcasts of games

Rob Harris‏Verified account @RobHarris  2m2 minutes ago
The Premier League says for the first time it can "disrupt and prevent the illegal streaming of our matches via IPTV, so-called Kodi, boxes"

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3929 on: March 8, 2017, 05:38:48 pm »
Good luck

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3930 on: March 8, 2017, 05:49:13 pm »
Shows how much they actually understand streaming if they are mentioning Kodi.

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3931 on: March 9, 2017, 08:35:00 am »
Rob Harris‏Verified account @RobHarris  3m3 minutes ago
The @premierleague gains High Court order to be able to block servers that stream unauthorised broadcasts of games

Rob Harris‏Verified account @RobHarris  2m2 minutes ago
The Premier League says for the first time it can "disrupt and prevent the illegal streaming of our matches via IPTV, so-called Kodi, boxes"

And how are they going to stop people connecting to a VPN server in another country and accessing streams of football matches.

Good news for proxy and VPN providers rather than the Premier League?
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3932 on: March 23, 2017, 11:12:21 am »
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3933 on: March 23, 2017, 11:48:33 am »
Unsurprisingly for the Echo, that's a very poorly written article. Here's a much better one

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/feature/photo-video/is-kodi-legal-streaming-movies-tv-premier-league-court-order-3640854/

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3934 on: March 24, 2017, 11:25:30 am »
It is a big grey area but I think they're more after those who sell the pre loaded boxes or those who stream the games in pubs.

Not in UK and over here these things are far more loose (for example an Internet provider blocking illegal streaming has been unheard of. Yet.) but if you have a box or even better your PC connected with TV and fire up Kodi, how much can they hurt you? Even with the famous addons.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3935 on: March 24, 2017, 01:47:04 pm »
They can't stop it. This just stops the stuff being preloaded onto boxes and being sold for a profit. Anyone can still bang kodi onto a device themselves. Unless of course they actually ban kodi, which isn't even illegal and then another non profit platform pops up,  and so the cycle continues.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3936 on: March 24, 2017, 02:36:55 pm »
Or you could just use Google Chrome

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3937 on: March 24, 2017, 10:01:56 pm »
Or you could just use Google Chrome

Not on a firetvstick

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #3938 on: March 25, 2017, 12:46:06 am »
They can't stop it. This just stops the stuff being preloaded onto boxes and being sold for a profit. Anyone can still bang kodi onto a device themselves. Unless of course they actually ban kodi, which isn't even illegal and then another non profit platform pops up,  and so the cycle continues.

exactly, there are so many forks of Kodi already. Then you have apps like Modbro and the Sportsmania one and I'm sure there are others so even if they ban Kodi, so what. If push comes to shove just hide behind a VPN.
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3939 on: March 26, 2017, 09:32:45 pm »
I am thinking of getting a fire stick to have kodi on instead of my laptop. However my TV is wall mounted, how does it get the power?

Online Gili Gulu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3940 on: March 26, 2017, 10:18:06 pm »
I am thinking of getting a fire stick to have kodi on instead of my laptop. However my TV is wall mounted, how does it get the power?

It can get the power from a USB port if your TV has one. Might be worth googling your TV and amazon stick to see how well they work together.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3941 on: March 26, 2017, 10:37:39 pm »
It can get the power from a USB port if your TV has one. Might be worth googling your TV and amazon stick to see how well they work together.
Alright cheers
Also is the quality any different to what it is on the laptop/pc? Due to less processing power and all that?

Online Gili Gulu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3942 on: March 26, 2017, 10:45:43 pm »
Alright cheers
Also is the quality any different to what it is on the laptop/pc? Due to less processing power and all that?

The Fire stick itself should be able to handle 1080p video well enough, depending on how good your wireless signal is.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3943 on: March 26, 2017, 11:31:02 pm »
The Fire stick itself should be able to handle 1080p video well enough, depending on how good your wireless signal is.
VOD yes, live streaming not so much.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3944 on: March 27, 2017, 12:49:58 pm »
VOD yes, live streaming not so much.
So exodus will be lower quality?

Offline JoeH

• Slightly obsessed with things up the bum - thinks it's funny.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3945 on: March 27, 2017, 01:08:59 pm »
Or wait a few week's for the new fire stick. It will be faster than the current one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/All-New-Stick-Remote-Streaming-Player/dp/B01ETRIFOW

Online Gili Gulu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3946 on: March 27, 2017, 01:30:27 pm »
I personally would be wary about using a Fire stick if you want to access certain unofficial paid streaming services.

I think a VPN might be a good idea in future, and I think that is much easier to set up on an android box

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3947 on: March 27, 2017, 05:57:57 pm »
I personally would be wary about using a Fire stick if you want to access certain unofficial paid streaming services.

I think a VPN might be a good idea in future, and I think that is much easier to set up on an android box
No paid services just the freebies. Mainly exodous. Whole point of getting it would be so I can move it about

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3948 on: March 27, 2017, 06:24:03 pm »
So exodus will be lower quality?
No, Exodus is fine, Firestick struggles with live HD streaming.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3949 on: March 27, 2017, 07:00:14 pm »
Would you guys recommend it then?

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #3950 on: March 27, 2017, 09:16:27 pm »
I'd recommend a 2gb+ android box such as the m8. My rk8 is really smooth with everything i throw at it. Cost about£౩0 or.just under.

But, if you've got a laptop,. surely that's going to be way smoother than a firestick? Use a lead or cast to your telly.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3951 on: March 27, 2017, 10:00:48 pm »
I'd recommend a 2gb+ android box such as the m8. My rk8 is really smooth with everything i throw at it. Cost about£౩0 or.just under.

But, if you've got a laptop,. surely that's going to be way smoother than a firestick? Use a lead or cast to your telly.
Somehow it wiped it self from my laptop and figured this would be a good time to put it else where. So an android box would be better than a fire stick and still portable?
Does anyone know the specs of the new firstick I can't find them?

Online Gili Gulu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3952 on: March 27, 2017, 10:36:11 pm »
Somehow it wiped it self from my laptop and figured this would be a good time to put it else where. So an android box would be better than a fire stick and still portable?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/All-New-Stick-Remote-Streaming-Player/dp/B01ETRIFOW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490650550&sr=8-1&keywords=fire+stick

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #3953 on: March 27, 2017, 10:54:22 pm »
1gb memory is just not enough in my opinion. I see so many firestick owners having problems. If you know your onions you can make it work but otherwise not worth it when there's better cheaper.

I'd still say reinstall on your laptop and take it from there. If you're not happy then buy summat else.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3954 on: March 27, 2017, 11:11:03 pm »
What would you describe as portable? Fire stick will work off the power from some TVs HDMI but not all. If you get a stick you're still gonna have take the power source with you. Plugs straight into the HDMI though so you don't need the lead.

Online Gili Gulu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3956 on: March 28, 2017, 08:31:09 am »
Just had a look, there isn't any difference?

More powerful processor, AC Wifi and H.265 decoding.
Probably locked down more tightly so rooting is impossible with rewiring.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3957 on: March 28, 2017, 08:38:10 am »
Ok cheers.
More powerful processor, AC Wifi and H.265 decoding.
Probably locked down more tightly so rooting is impossible with rewiring.

I'm having problems with it, every time I download it , it says a file is missing.
1gb memory is just not enough in my opinion. I see so many firestick owners having problems. If you know your onions you can make it work but otherwise not worth it when there's better cheaper.

I'd still say reinstall on your laptop and take it from there. If you're not happy then buy summat else.

Offline The not so lazy.boy

• Suspected Naturist Shoplifter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make Us Dream
« Reply #3958 on: March 28, 2017, 02:07:02 pm »
With more add ons now streaming 4k content like movies etc, I would swerve away from the FireStick (Even the new version mentioned above won't stream 4k).

I've gone for a £40 2gb Android box and it handles everything incredibly smoothly... and the sportsmania app is class meaning you don't need to run it through Kodi.

Android box all the way even if you don't have a 4k TV.
Same shit, Different day!

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3959 on: March 28, 2017, 02:41:42 pm »
With more add ons now streaming 4k content like movies etc, I would swerve away from the FireStick (Even the new version mentioned above won't stream 4k).

I've gone for a £40 2gb Android box and it handles everything incredibly smoothly... and the sportsmania app is class meaning you don't need to run it through Kodi.

Android box all the way even if you don't have a 4k TV.
What's the best android box you can reccomend then?