Author Topic: Sergio Canales  (Read 18679 times)

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
Re: Sergio Canales
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2011, 02:55:47 pm »
According to the reports he is very happy there and was happy not to be loaned out...

Well, considering that West Ham and Blackburn were trying to get him on loan, I can understand his happiness ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2011, 02:56:02 pm »
I'd take him on loan next season with view to perm deal as I can't see him getting much starts in next 12 mths at Madrid

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2011, 03:00:13 pm »
Serves his greedy father right. Most people called that this would happen, but his father was chasing Florentino's Euro's.

If he had gone to Villareal, or Sevilla he'd be playing a lot more than he is now, and he could be in contention for the Spain squad, but instead he's wasting his young career at a club who have no interest in developing young players, under a manager who doesn't give a toss about young players.

Hopefully he leaves on a perm, and i'd love him to come here. Brilliant talent.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2011, 03:32:32 pm »
Serves his greedy father right. Most people called that this would happen, but his father was chasing Florentino's Euro's.

If he had gone to Villareal, or Sevilla he'd be playing a lot more than he is now, and he could be in contention for the Spain squad, but instead he's wasting his young career at a club who have no interest in developing young players, under a manager who doesn't give a toss about young players.

Hopefully he leaves on a perm, and i'd love him to come here. Brilliant talent.

Well....

Ozil, Di Maria, Benzema are young players and they have developed. And Marcelo too. And Casillas also developed. And Higuain developed, he even changed his style from the playmaker forward to the deadly finisher. The problem is not that Canales is young, his problem is the rest of players. If Ozil plays at that amazing level it's not surprise it's the German starting all games instead of him.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2011, 03:40:19 pm »
Canales' problem is the same age old problem for a number of players at Real. He's not a big enough 'name'. The club and those that run it love a reputation and anything fashionable. Last year, when he was playing, he was the next bright young thing, en vogue. But now he's just Canales of Madrid. As opposed to the Canales the greatly talented young player with bags of games and bags of goals, and a reputation to go with it that he could've had if he'd waited before joining such a club. He's been forgotten about.

That and he has a hell of a lot of very good more experienced players ahead of him.

Dunno if he can afford to waste another year on the bench at Madrid, Kaka moving on in the summer and a possible new manager could move him up in the pecking order though.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2011, 03:41:29 pm »
Well....

Ozil, Di Maria, Benzema are young players and they have developed. And Marcelo too. And Casillas also developed. And Higuain developed, he even changed his style from the playmaker forward to the deadly finisher. The problem is not that Canales is young, his problem is the rest of players. If Ozil plays at that amazing level it's not surprise it's the German starting all games instead of him.
Of course, but Canales knew about these players before he joined. He knew Ozil was coming off the back of a fantastic World Cup, he knew Kaka was there, he knew Pedro Leon, Granero, Van Der Vaart were all ahead of him.

I just don't know what he was thinking, all credit to Madrid, they took a talented youngster on, but lets face it, Mourinho won't be there for longer than 2 years, so why would he have any interest in developing Canales? All he cares about is titles, and that's fair enough, but Canales and those around him only have themselves to blame.

Fwiw, i think it would have been the same at Barca. He should have gone to a Villareal, Sevilla, Getafe, or even stayed at Racing.

Also, you have to factor in, Marcelo and Higuain came to the club when their squad wasn't as good. Now Madrid have the best squad in the World.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2011, 12:30:35 am »

Canales is an awesome talent, but I can't see him getting any significant playing time at Real Madrid with Ronaldo, Kaka, Di Maria, Ozil and Leon on their team ... Personally, I would put in a bid for a straight deal ... Something in the 7-8 million region ...

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2011, 03:05:30 am »
The worst choice he could make. Madrid and Chelsea are worst places to go as a youngster. You have to be a star before going to those clubs.

ManU, Arsenal or other Spanish clubs would have been better. Heck, even Monaco, reportedly interested, would be a better option.
That's what I said at the time.

Pinky thought it was funny back then :D

Now she says "it's normal, because Ozil is so good" :D A young talent without big name was never going to be a starter in Madrid.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2011, 03:24:02 am »
It has nothing to do with the size of his name. If a player is good enough, he will play and continue to play until there is someone better to replace him.

Right now Canales has better players ahead of him and the 2 areas where he can play, the players in those positions are young players as well.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2011, 03:44:41 am »
It has nothing to do with the size of his name. If a player is good enough, he will play and continue to play until there is someone better to replace him.

Right now Canales has better players ahead of him and the 2 areas where he can play, the players in those positions are young players as well.
You have to give young players chance. Of course Canales is not a ready material, he is not as mature and ready as the competitors he has. Why? Well, because his competitors have been playing at top level even before they arrived at Madrid.

Another fact is, players do not get better by sitting on bench. Ronaldo was one annoying fucker who used to do tricks and fall over all the time when he came to ManU. But Ferguson was ready to kick out a much more ready, a better player in Ruud van Nistelrooy just to keep Ronaldo's development steady. Canales showed such potential that he could become better than the likes of Khedira, Kaka (well, the current one), Adebayor (again, the current one) and even Ozil.

I guess with such attitude that Madrid have, they will never develop young players efficiently. When Xavi came along, there was Cocu, a colossus in midfield. When Iniesta started, there were the likes of Davids, Edmilson, Deco and Xavi etc. I am listing these only to say that Madrid's and Mourinho's record of bringing up young talented players are appalling.

Also, Canales is dumb. You don't go to Madrid unless your reputation is high in world football in the first place. He should move ASAP, before his talent is gone. Any club will be better than Madrid for him.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2011, 03:48:05 am »
And before Pinky comes and starts referring to
Ozil, Di Maria, Benzema, Higuain...

No, Madrid did not develop any of them. How much they cost? How long they played with their previous teams? Benzema, Di Maria and Ozil were France, Argentina and Germany NT players and they cost $$$. Madrid didn't develop anything.

Canales should have spent some time with a club like Villarreal or Sevilla for 1-2 seasons to get more mature. Or Arsenal :D

Offline Mr Dilkington

• Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2011, 03:54:46 am »
I suppose that sums Madrid up though.

The 4 players Pinky mentioned, together cost 80 million pounds.

Di Maria was an Argentine international, a starter for them, heralded by Maradona as Argentina's next superstar.

Ozil was one of the best players at the World Cup and was crucial to Bremen for 2-3 years.

Benzema, Madrid haven't even been close to developing him, his first season at Lyon he looked like an absolute world beater, he certainly hasn't reached those heights again.

Higuain is fair enough, but it cost them 14 million euro for the pleasure.

Madrid kicked out Mata when he was 18, at that age he was 10 times better than Pedro, but Madrid still released him. Barcelona on the other hand, kept Pedro, helped him along, and low and behold, he's saved them 10's of millions of pounds.

Canales was badly advised.

Offline bakstabba

• Lord, what fools these mortals be!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2011, 10:59:27 am »
Will be interesting to see if his head is turned in the summer.
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2011, 11:24:02 pm »

Liverpool plot fresh bid for Real youngster

Published 12:32 27/03/11

Liverpool are ready to make a fresh bid to sign Real Madrid youngster Sergio Canales, according to reports in Spain.

Spanish daily ''Sport'' claims the player rejected a possible move to Anfield in January, but that Liverpool will go back in for him in the summer.

The 20-year-old attacking midfielder signed for Real from Racing Santander last summer for an initial fee of around €4.5m.

But since then the Spain Under 21 player - who was also linked with Arsenal last season - has made just seven appearances for Los Blancos.

''Sport'' claims Real may be willing to do business with Liverpool, if the Reds meet their £6m asking price.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-transfer-news-Reds-plot-fresh-bid-for-Real-Madrid-youngster-Sergio-Canales-report-article717609.html

Link to the original article:

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=739938

Offline bakstabba

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2011, 01:14:45 am »
Liverpool plot fresh bid for Real youngster

Published 12:32 27/03/11

Liverpool are ready to make a fresh bid to sign Real Madrid youngster Sergio Canales, according to reports in Spain.

Spanish daily ''Sport'' claims the player rejected a possible move to Anfield in January, but that Liverpool will go back in for him in the summer.

The 20-year-old attacking midfielder signed for Real from Racing Santander last summer for an initial fee of around €4.5m.

But since then the Spain Under 21 player - who was also linked with Arsenal last season - has made just seven appearances for Los Blancos.

''Sport'' claims Real may be willing to do business with Liverpool, if the Reds meet their £6m asking price.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-transfer-news-Reds-plot-fresh-bid-for-Real-Madrid-youngster-Sergio-Canales-report-article717609.html

Link to the original article:

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=739938

6m? Bargain
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2011, 01:26:42 am »
6m? Bargain

Remember, this is the club that have sold Wesley Sneijder for €15 million ...

Offline bakstabba

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2011, 01:38:14 am »
Remember, this is the club that have sold Wesley Sneijder for €15 million ...

And Arjen Robben for quite a low price I remember as well

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2011, 01:38:52 am »
6 million. No shit. GET HIM.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2011, 01:57:18 am »
If he goes anywhere else for that cheap, I'll be extremely mad and disappointed.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2011, 01:58:37 am »
We should be so lucky as to get him at all, never mind for that money.

Hasn't he recently come out and said he wants to fight for his place?

Also remains to be seen if he'd be willing to leave spain.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2011, 02:08:55 am »
Not seen much of him, but 6million seems strangely low considering how good he's supposed to be, regardless of his status at Madrid

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2011, 07:41:21 am »
Anny OTHER club Id think they were hiding a heart defect or something. But this is Real Madrid so I'm not nervous at the price

Makes him very affordable to the likes of Athletic, Sevilla etc. Lets hope he come here if we want him

Offline pink-radebe

• Anny Roader
  • Sharing milkshakes can spread germs.
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2011, 10:40:44 am »

My honest reaction. :shocked
Thank you for reading my signature.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2011, 11:18:48 am »
The Mirror get their Liverpool stories straight from this forum. I doubt how reliable an article that is.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2011, 11:26:07 am »
The Mirror get their Liverpool stories straight from this forum. I doubt how reliable an article that is.

they should give me a job then.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2011, 04:45:17 pm »
they should give me a job then.

Or at least pay us :)

Offline olihaukur

• Main Stander
  • Ordinarily special
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2011, 01:12:24 am »
I would be absolutely thrilled if we signed one of the world's most exciting young talent for only £6 million would be absolute steal. I truly hope this is true and we'll sign him in the summer.
@olafur_tomasson

"At Liverpool we never accept second best" - King Kenny Dalglish

Offline trequartista

• Legacy Fan
  • We won it 5 times
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2011, 01:14:54 am »
6 million oh yes please! if anyone can fuck up and sell potential talent for next to nothing and have it come back to bite them in the arse it's Real madrid!

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2011, 03:44:18 am »
6M??!!

Kinell, I'd kill to see him here for that price.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2011, 05:50:49 am »
HA i wish

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2011, 07:16:21 am »
They can sell for £6m because they know they could get him back if they wanted.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2011, 09:26:53 am »
They can sell for £6m because they know they could get him back if they wanted.

Yeah, I suppose there is some truth in that ...

Offline Alonso

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2011, 09:55:50 am »
They'll knock back our money then sell him to Spurs for £3m on the last night of the transfer window.

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2011, 10:17:17 am »
What type of forward is he exactly?

On highlight clips he seems to lead the line but given his size and technical ability, I would have assumed he plays in the hole?
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2011, 10:17:24 am »
But remember this is £6 m on a potential talent, who is 20 years old.
It may still go tits up.

Offline greenstien

• Bring out your stools.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do or do not, there is no try
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2011, 10:31:53 am »
6 Million is a steal.  I know Madrid had a €5 buy back clause on Negredo and exercised it in June 2009 only to sell him to Sevilla for €15 in August 2009.  Good business for them, but I hope they don't try the same shit with Liverpool.  I doubt we'd even consider it if that was the case.
Shelvey will become top class, mark my words... Infact quote me on that.

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2011, 11:29:52 am »
Rejected us in January? Haha I guess he likes not playing ever

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2011, 09:34:21 pm »
He is worth triple that; brilliant technique and large potential.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2011, 09:38:50 pm »
£6m? 'Kinell.

Offline KingsRevolution

• Kopite
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2011, 09:40:02 pm »