Author Topic: Guide to Unirea Urziceni (Bucharest)  (Read 41008 times)

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
Re: Guide to Unirea Urziceni (Bucharest)
« Reply #80 on: January 7, 2010, 07:23:35 pm »
Really looking forward to this, making a proper trek of it.

Wednesday JLA to Berlin, night in Berlin. Thursday fly to Bucharest, stay the night there. Friday, fly to Cologne, stay there for 2 nights, taking in 2 games, probably Duisberg v Oberhausen and Monchengladbach v Freiburg, then the rattler home sunday.

Boss.

tom going is he?

try this red swede:-

Otopeni / Henri Coandă International airport
http://www.otp-airport.ro/

Bansea Airport
http://www.baneasa.biz/

Constanta airport
http://www.mk-airport.ro/

don't know if thats what you want but theres also more here as well
http://bucharestairport.com/
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline Chris_Romania

• RAWK Romanian Correspondent
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #81 on: January 8, 2010, 09:20:49 am »
Hey guys - it's been a while since I posted on these forums :)  Anyways, if you have any questions regarding the trip to Bucharest, shoot... I'll do my best to help you out as much as possible.

Can't wait for the game ;)

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: January 8, 2010, 10:07:54 am »
Hey guys - it's been a while since I posted on these forums :)  Anyways, if you have any questions regarding the trip to Bucharest, shoot... I'll do my best to help you out as much as possible.

Can't wait for the game ;)
Been waiting for you to show up...! Anyway, how is the duty free for booze at the airport? Litre of vodka for example?
Also any decent Romanian restaurants to go to. Many previous away trips it is too much pub time and little spent on culture and local cuisine. I intend to change the mindset of the fellas I meet at away games! RhylRed, remember that restaurant in Lyon? hahahaha

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #83 on: January 8, 2010, 11:18:03 am »
always wort visiting local restaurants and bars, if only to take the atmosphere and culture of the city in. Found a peach of a place in Budapest. Was an immense cellar where they served local food (had goulash and a beef dish with loads of vegetables I'd never seen before) and some gipsy band was playing live music. Stayed there for about 3 hours getting Soproni in and talking to the Hungarians. Boss!

Offline Chris_Romania

• Anny Roader
« Reply #84 on: January 8, 2010, 12:00:01 pm »
Been waiting for you to show up...! Anyway, how is the duty free for booze at the airport? Litre of vodka for example?
Also any decent Romanian restaurants to go to. Many previous away trips it is too much pub time and little spent on culture and local cuisine. I intend to change the mindset of the fellas I meet at away games! RhylRed, remember that restaurant in Lyon? hahahaha

Never tried to buy vodka from the airport :D  But everything at Otopeni is outrageously expensive, I really wouldn't recommend it. Also - do not under any circumstances exchange money at the airport. The rates are awful.

In terms of restaurants - some of the better Romanian-specific restaurants are
- Caru cu bere - http://www.carucubere.ro/en/homepage (close to Unirii square)
- La mama - lots of locations, including a couple downtown (Romana square)
- La scena - http://www.lascena.ro - Unirii square (right next to where I live :P)
- Terasa Doamnei - Universitate square - if you feel like listening to loud Romanian popular music :D

If you just want some pizza, I highly recommend Cafeneaua Actorilor - it's at Universitate square, right next to the National Theater.

Also - you shouldn't miss the Hard Rock Cafe in Bucharest - I've been to plenty of HRC's all around the world and this one is among the better ones :D  It's in Herastrau Park.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: January 8, 2010, 02:49:25 pm »
will never forget that one richy,the worst one in over 33 years of euro aways,ten of us in there + still nobody owns up who picked it!!!!!

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: January 8, 2010, 02:52:02 pm »
"Cacu cu bere" has also been recommended to me.
Been also told about Fratelli (bar and club).
Also MOJO club - live music and all.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 8, 2010, 03:17:06 pm »
Thanks for the info. Are there any good Adult Clubs? Ones that have the least possibility of ripping you off? Rhyl Red, and the boys should love it!

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #88 on: January 8, 2010, 03:21:50 pm »
Going all out in Bucharest are we? ;)
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Chris_Romania

• Anny Roader
« Reply #89 on: January 8, 2010, 03:30:19 pm »
"Cacu cu bere" has also been recommended to me.
Been also told about Fratelli (bar and club).
Also MOJO club - live music and all.

Fratelli is mostly for dance / electro music, while Mojo is more into pop/rock/live music. There are a lot of cool clubs in Bucharest, and most of them are open until early morning even during the week, so it shouldn't be a problem for those who want to stay out till dawn :)  As for adult clubs - it's not familiar territory for me, so I have nothing to recommend :D

Offline SwedenRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 8, 2010, 03:30:28 pm »
Going all out in Bucharest are we? ;)
Not me mate... I'm happy with elbow on a bar.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #91 on: January 8, 2010, 03:32:10 pm »
Not me mate... I'm happy with elbow on a bar.

Hahahaha, yeah me too. I figure Ill be up to enough naughty things in Amsterdam before I get down there :)
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 8, 2010, 10:44:04 pm »
Can't wait for Bucharest! It will be a boss trip. Richy mate, could you bring me some snus from Sweden?

Offline SwedenRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 9, 2010, 09:02:18 am »
Can't wait for Bucharest! It will be a boss trip. Richy mate, could you bring me some snus from Sweden?
OK...do you want the loose stuff or the black stuff in the tea-bags? How many tubs?

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 9, 2010, 11:05:00 am »
OK...do you want the loose stuff or the black stuff in the tea-bags? How many tubs?

Loose of cource, portion snus is for fags. I'll let you know later how much I need. Cheers mate!

Offline monsterlfc

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #95 on: January 9, 2010, 02:46:21 pm »
On that 11am flight from stansted.  Whats the best (cheapest) way of gettin to stansted from liverpool for that flight?

Offline steviewonders

• Main Stander
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2010, 11:25:33 am »
Really looking forward to this, making a proper trek of it.

Wednesday JLA to Berlin, night in Berlin. Thursday fly to Bucharest, stay the night there.

quote]

i'm on easyjet to berlin too - you booked on germanwings on thursday morning?

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2010, 11:30:21 am »
That meal in Lyon was gastronomic hell- couldn't believe it when this City is the capital of french cuisine -Richie and i spent days researching a decent joint- Atletico Madrid matched this. Liege pre match meal was a classic

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2010, 11:58:16 am »
That meal in Lyon was gastronomic hell- couldn't believe it when this City is the capital of french cuisine -Richie and i spent days researching a decent joint- Atletico Madrid matched this. Liege pre match meal was a classic
do you want us to bring some pizza's on the flite in from Roma?

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2010, 12:10:04 pm »
do you want us to bring some pizza's on the flite in from Roma?

For crying out loud we haven't come to that- they will probably get squashed on Busy air- i am sure our comrade Ro-mania will dig out some classy joints- let's hope he doesn't have business appointments
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:18:32 pm by LONGWORTH »

Offline EveryOtherSaturday

• Main Stander
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2010, 03:34:31 pm »
Booking it later today, all sorted 3 nights £280 from manny, not to mention our hotel that provides 'special massages' that are 'both intimate, discrete and will leave you with great memories of bucharest', fantastic.

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2010, 06:22:55 pm »

Liege pre match meal was superb, the cook yourself chateau-briand on a hot slab of stone, Amazing. I want to go back to Liege just for that restaraunt.

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2010, 07:15:12 pm »
Booking it later today, all sorted 3 nights £280 from manny, not to mention our hotel that provides 'special massages' that are 'both intimate, discrete and will leave you with great memories of bucharest', fantastic.

Let me know the details of ur hotel please, i'm already sorted but might just visit ur gaff anyways? :)

• Main Stander
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2010, 07:49:31 pm »
trying to book it now mate, the payment has fucked up so we're tryin to sort it out then once it's booked i'll let you know, even got a few pics of the birds.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2010, 09:22:16 pm »
I'm going to be on me todd for this, so I'm going to leave it until last minute.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Chris_Romania

• Anny Roader
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2010, 10:45:33 pm »
i am sure our comrade Ro-mania will dig out some classy joints- let's hope he doesn't have business appointments

I'll take the whole day off, just in case :)

• Main Stander
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2010, 10:52:53 pm »
Chris Romania 3 questions...

...ale prices, ciggie prices and brass prices please mate.

Offline Chris_Romania

• Anny Roader
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2010, 11:02:19 pm »
Chris Romania 3 questions...

...ale prices, ciggie prices and brass prices please mate.

Beer prices depend on where you get it from. In supermarkets most Romanian brands are ~2-3 RON / 0,5l. In bars, beer usually starts at 5 RON (~1 GBP). The fancier the pub, the more expensive the beer. Import brands, like Guiness, are usually ~10-15 RON (2-3 GBP).
Cigarettes are usually ~10 RON/pack (that's 2 GBP), for most brands, including Marlboro, Kent, Dunhill, etc.
I have absolutely no idea what a brass is. :)

Offline LfcMonty

• Kopite
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2010, 11:04:06 pm »

Cant wait for this away, not been to bucharest before. Were driving in a mini bus should be eventful. Where is the main squares or streets that we are all heading does anybody know? whats the weather likley to be like in romania in Feb... freezing i suggest??

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2010, 12:09:21 am »
Its going to be cold as fuck

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2010, 01:57:47 am »

Surely you must be used to it in the T Dot?

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2010, 10:29:28 am »
Found a route from Liverpool John Lennon for £110.  Wednesday to Saturday with a stay in Magaluf on Friday night.  Can't wait.
Long live the King

Offline Block306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2010, 12:44:21 pm »
johnster10 - Could you PM the route please mate

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2010, 02:52:42 pm »
trying to book it now mate, the payment has fucked up so we're tryin to sort it out then once it's booked i'll let you know, even got a few pics of the birds.

Sound mate, awesome...do you get the birds in with ya hotel prices?

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2010, 03:05:04 pm »
johnster10 - Could you PM the route please mate

Yep, same here please mate.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2010, 06:26:38 pm »
thinking of them above, my route is now over twice the price :o
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2010, 08:03:50 pm »

Bucharest February min -3°C   max 4°C

Compared to Finnish weather that feels like a beach holiday.

• Main Stander
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2010, 08:04:59 pm »
Sound mate, awesome...do you get the birds in with ya hotel prices?

Still trying to book it, they have fucked the payment up and we are waiting for 24hours for it to be refunded into me mates account and then it will be sorted. I don't think they are included but they wont be too expensive and one of them is a little trampy fittie, i'll post the picture once ive secured a place in the brasshouse.... sorry hotel.

• Main Stander
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2010, 08:07:46 pm »
Beer prices depend on where you get it from. In supermarkets most Romanian brands are ~2-3 RON / 0,5l. In bars, beer usually starts at 5 RON (~1 GBP). The fancier the pub, the more expensive the beer. Import brands, like Guiness, are usually ~10-15 RON (2-3 GBP).
Cigarettes are usually ~10 RON/pack (that's 2 GBP), for most brands, including Marlboro, Kent, Dunhill, etc.
I have absolutely no idea what a brass is. :)

Brasses are prostitutes, what are the going rates for scatty ones on the street and more the upmarket ones?

What pubs/bars would you recommend for a decent pint, late opening and ones with birds in?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2010, 09:41:07 pm »
Still trying to book it, they have fucked the payment up and we are waiting for 24hours for it to be refunded into me mates account and then it will be sorted. I don't think they are included but they wont be too expensive and one of them is a little trampy fittie, i'll post the picture once ive secured a place in the brasshouse.... sorry hotel.
HA! Someone's gonna get ripped off
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/