Author Topic: Re visit anfield plans?  (Read 12122 times)

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Re visit anfield plans?
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2010, 06:36:33 am »
think anfield road was 1973? actually, there is a way around the anfield road end dilema which is available now but wasn't in 1998. but i wouldn't think it will work

do many of you forumites want to stay at 'home' then?

in 1991, nobody would have been in a postition to envisage the future when they started the work on the kemlyn road stand.  if anyone, had the vision at the time, they could have gone higher which would have only brought in an extra 1000-2000 seats. not that the view would have been that great, i once sat in the top tier. it was alright but the players looked small.  i think costains did the work.

i'm trying to remember back to about 1986 or 1987. wasn't there some talk about refurbishing the main stand then?

could the kop grandstand have been better in 1994? height restrictions were the problem, so they couldn't have gone any higher, but when you look at the stand, they could have made better use of the edges, curve them out a little instead of it being flush and square. then again, that was 1994 and nobody had thought of redoing anfield road.

couldn't they just build an exact replica of anfield over in stanley park? but make it bigger - have the kop facing the same direction. a home from home

can i have my old name back please?

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2010, 04:23:44 pm »

couldn't they just build an exact replica of anfield over in stanley park? but make it bigger - have the kop facing the same direction. a home from home

That's an interesting notion. Would still require the extra corporate boxes though. How else would the evil two be able to sleep at night...
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2010, 08:26:52 pm »
has anyone actually been in one of those corporate boxes? don't think i'd fancy it personally, it spoils the feel of a ground. it would be kind of false and detached. bit weird like.

the more i look at the old parry pics, the more i favour it. but those dam curves haha.  it's like a car, all cars were boxed or squared off until curves came in.  looking back and comparing, curvy cars are more stylish and that is the norm now.

the only drawback besides expense with a new stadium is, don't uefa say the stands have to be further back than present?

maybe, an extended replica of the original kop would be a gesture.

Offline annieroader

• Kopite
  • with a liver bird upon my chest
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2010, 01:07:25 pm »
The boxes now are being done up with a walk out area installed with a sliding french door ect.
Scouse an proud.
Liverpool fc is my life.
My second home is where i sleep.

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2010, 02:21:13 pm »
Not been in the boxes at any footy ground, nor would i wish to. Tried it at rugby but have to say it is a little detatched from the norm. Get to meet the coaches though if that's your thing. Oh and as much ale as you can chuck down in 2 hours!
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2010, 04:14:55 pm »
The boxes now are being done up with a walk out area installed with a sliding french door ect.

:o like a veranda?? yeah, i was reading about the sliding doors thing the other week so they can enjoy the proper match atmosphere. oh good, that means they can have the doors open on a freezing new years day match then or when it's pissing down l.o.l

hope they thought about the health and safety aspect or risk factor. wouldn't want anything falling down below.

didn't read anything about a walk out, just the expense of the doors

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2010, 04:22:09 pm »
Not been in the boxes at any footy ground, nor would i wish to. Tried it at rugby but have to say it is a little detatched from the norm. Get to meet the coaches though if that's your thing. Oh and as much ale as you can chuck down in 2 hours!

no, it's not my thing at all to be honest. ' never tried it. too expensive anyway. if it was normal seat prices, could try it for a laugh if there were about 20 others sharing and pitch in.  it would be weird, not much fun singing and shouting and nobody can hear you haha.  prefer my half time bovril and a fag. oops, used to until they brought in the smoking ban

if you tried it at rugby, there wouldn't really be much difference between that and footy

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2010, 12:27:05 am »
why not build a stadium with a full 60k, change the lot.. having no anfield road end would be a disaster anyway. it would look so crass and empty.  why give a whole end to away fans to spur on their team?
i always been looking at the full anfield rd stand but it's only complete like that with 70k...

bin it.. like someone said in another post, it would be a bit like when the real anfield end was being developed or like the arsenal north bank in 1993 with their mural - remember the song? cardboard, give us a song!!

or maybe it would be like when the kop grandstand was being rebuilt and half a stand on match days.

Offline Billy1561

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 7, 2010, 08:14:15 pm »
Bump. While it is topical.

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #49 on: October 7, 2010, 09:02:00 pm »
If these owners come in with a fresh approach and think its better to spend 300 million on upgrading the main stand and anny Road and possbly a small expnasion of the Kop (In the corners) to somewhere approaching 55 - 60 k, against building a new stadium, I'd be over the fucking moon.

Even if it meant, playing a season with 3 stands or 5 games away at the srat of the season etc.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #50 on: October 7, 2010, 09:13:50 pm »
I'm going to post a new thread at the weekend to discuss this and there are a couple of threads running already.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.