Author Topic: Liverpool plan £250m field of dreams  (Read 27165 times)

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool plan £250m field of dreams
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2009, 11:10:36 am »
Are you taking the piss?

no i was not. It might not be for big games. i have my doubts that we would sell out 65,000- 70,000 regularly.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2009, 01:24:00 pm »
no i was not. It might not be for big games. i have my doubts that we would sell out 65,000- 70,000 regularly.

We have something like a 60,000 waiting list for season tickets, now Im guessing these people want them to come to every game and not just the big games.

Lets just say only 1/4er actually buy a ticket if offered, thats an extra 15,000 people right there. Add to that the extras we could sell through the ticket office and you're knocking on for mid 60's already.

Offline Styf

• Lyttle Fyngers
  • Anny Roader
  • You can't buy atmosphere
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2009, 01:33:22 pm »
What's the peoples opinion about this design (bottom of the link) and anyone who could explain the background for the designers work?

http://www.ianritchiearchitects.co.uk/news/2008.html
BOUNCEBACKABILITY

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2009, 07:20:10 pm »
What's the peoples opinion about this design (bottom of the link) and anyone who could explain the background for the designers work?

Ian Ritchie is a Liverpool fan and architect. He prepared those designs off his own back because he doesn't like the HKS design.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2009, 02:54:53 am »
This Is Not Just Anfield.
This is M&S Anfield....

Nike - Just Anfield.

Then I got carried away/bored.

Adidas - Impossible is Anfield.

Heinz - Beanz Meanz Anfield.

Carlsberg - Probably Anfield?

Are you on fucking drugs ?
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline Des Equilibrante

• Legacy Fan
  • Ex-pat Pie-Eater
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2009, 03:59:11 am »
Are you on fucking drugs ?
Are you not?  ::)
Some say he haunts Rawk threads.

All we know is, he's called Des Equilibrante

Offline crazeehorse

• Main Stander
  • tlw spend way to much time talking about rawkites.
« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2009, 09:53:37 am »

love this compared to the parrybowl and t.hick's airport.

Offline Styf

• Lyttle Fyngers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2009, 03:39:26 pm »
Ian Ritchie is a Liverpool fan and architect. He prepared those designs off his own back because he doesn't like the HKS design.
I know that the club would never use this design, but is it possible in practice? As far as I know it's a expanding of Anfield and not a new stadium, but maybe I'm wrong? ???
BOUNCEBACKABILITY

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2009, 04:57:40 pm »
I know that the club would never use this design, but is it possible in practice? As far as I know it's a expanding of Anfield and not a new stadium, but maybe I'm wrong? ???

That design is a new stadium and not an expansion.

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2009, 05:42:23 pm »

Offline Styf

• Lyttle Fyngers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2009, 08:57:18 pm »
That design is a new stadium and not an expansion.
Are the design and capacity possible in practice?
BOUNCEBACKABILITY

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2009, 09:54:21 pm »
Are the design and capacity possible in practice?

Of course they would be possible, but only drawings for now there. The club wouldn't scrap a further set of plans for these when they aren't even going to build the stadium anyway.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2009, 10:01:17 pm »

It's for a new ground on the Stanley Park site. There's an aerial shot that shows it clearly.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline James B

• anned.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team o' Caraghers!
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2009, 03:32:18 pm »
If we can't call it the new Anfield then I'd rather just call it by its proper name, 'Stanley Park', than name it 'the Easyjet stadium' or some other shite name.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2009, 04:49:22 pm »
If we can't call it the new Anfield then I'd rather just call it by its proper name, 'Stanley Park', than name it 'the Easyjet stadium' or some other shite name.

Nobody chooses to have a corporate name. But it gets more interesting when you ask what is your price to overcome those scruples? £250M on top of the shirt deal, I would be in favour of it. £250M but including a £20M a year shirt sponsorship for 20 years, and I'd rather tell them where to stick it. Somewhere in between is a tipping point where the money becomes overwhelming. Where is it for you?

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2009, 05:03:37 pm »
Nobody chooses to have a corporate name. But it gets more interesting when you ask what is your price to overcome those scruples? £250M on top of the shirt deal, I would be in favour of it. £250M but including a £20M a year shirt sponsorship for 20 years, and I'd rather tell them where to stick it. Somewhere in between is a tipping point where the money becomes overwhelming. Where is it for you?

Not interested at any price.

We won't get £250 million and even if we did in 10,15,20 years time that amount will be absolutely nothing yet we will have sold our soul for it.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2009, 05:25:07 pm »

We won't get £250 million and even if we did in 10,15,20 years time that amount will be absolutely nothing yet we will have sold our soul for it.

And to replace that £20M of potential income annually would you rather that each ticket went up by £8  (£152 on a season ticket)?

Offline Olives

• Twerpville's Minister for Art and Spelling. Convicted of Gross Moral Twerpitude by the Peoples Court of RAWK. Only seen when we dont win.
  • Legacy Fan
    • Donations gladly accepted!
« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2009, 09:09:22 pm »

£250 million over 20 years wouldn't even cover the shirt mate, it works out at only £12.5 million a year

£20 million a year shirt sponsorship for 20 years would be £400million on its own.
On the 31st of May, I'll be running in the BUPA 10k in London in aid of MIND, the mental health charity.  http://www.justgiving.com/apkerr

Offline Olives

• Twerpville's Minister for Art and Spelling. Convicted of Gross Moral Twerpitude by the Peoples Court of RAWK. Only seen when we dont win.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2009, 09:12:05 pm »

sold our soul...?  don't forget that we were the first professional club with a sponsor on our shirts.
On the 31st of May, I'll be running in the BUPA 10k in London in aid of MIND, the mental health charity.  http://www.justgiving.com/apkerr

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2009, 09:54:30 pm »
sold our soul...?  don't forget that we were the first professional club with a sponsor on our shirts.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2009, 11:19:38 pm »
£250 million over 20 years wouldn't even cover the shirt mate, it works out at only £12.5 million a year

£20 million a year shirt sponsorship for 20 years would be £400million on its own.

Mea Culpa, I cocked up the maths, but the underlying point remains...

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2009, 01:23:57 am »

Hardly the same is it.
Unless you don't mind us playing in blue if the next corporate sponsor is willing to pay us £30 million a year to do so.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2009, 01:25:44 am »
And to replace that £20M of potential income annually would you rather that each ticket went up by £8  (£152 on a season ticket)?

You think that money would go towards keeping the entrance fees down?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2009, 01:25:45 am »

I have always liked Ritchie's proposal.

By the way, what do you think of this concept, Alan ?

(Independiente's new stadium)

Personally, I kinda like the towers in the corners.
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline henrydk

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2009, 10:31:38 am »

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. By far the best design i have seen so far.

Offline johnthescouser

• Kemlynite
  • Bounce
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2009, 11:04:13 am »
I have always liked Ritchie's proposal.

By the way, what do you think of this concept, Alan ?

(Independiente's new stadium)

Personally, I kinda like the towers in the corners.

Thats Boss! I really like that set up
Maybe the exec boxes could be put in those corners?
Big Kop at one end, sorted.
keepin it real like ian beale

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2009, 11:10:46 am »
Thats Boss! I really like that set up
Maybe the exec boxes could be put in those corners?
Big Kop at one end, sorted.

Exec Boxes are going to demand premium viewing positions. They will always cluster around the half way line.

Offline Olives

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2009, 11:51:24 am »
Mea Culpa, I cocked up the maths, but the underlying point remains...

yeah, whilst there is an emotional aversion to selling the naming rights, there is a point at which it the financial incentive becomes too strong.  £5 million a year, you can sod off, but if you are offering £15 million a year... that is very worthy of consideration.  Of course the name would have to be somewhat respectable, the Smeg Stadium is not on really.

I wonder what companies would be willing and able to pay £200-300+ million over 20 years just to sponsor a stadium though.  it would probably be an international company looking to expand to the UK.  It is possible though - in the US, Citigroup are sponsoring the Mets new stadium (Citifield) paying $20million a year for 20 years.  With our brand and the increasing popularity of the EPL around the world, some top companies could see Anfield as a chance to promote themselves globally and in the UK. 

How much would it take, per year, for people to accept selling the naming rights?

Offline Olives

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2009, 11:56:20 am »
anyone know what the pitch size will be?

probably should go for the maximum allowed in the rules, as this will add a little extra seating capacity ;)

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2009, 01:32:50 pm »
Of course the name would have to be somewhat respectable, the Smeg Stadium is not on really.

At the risk of sounding like a cracked record yet again, I'll try and come at this from a slightly different angle.

When would you decide if the name was acceptible?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Olives

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2009, 01:38:40 pm »
At the risk of sounding like a cracked record yet again, I'll try and come at this from a slightly different angle.

When would you decide if the name was acceptible?

it is not very scientific, I know, but I would object if I thought that it would make the club a laughing stock.  Emirates / JJB / Reebok stadium... meh, nothing to take the piss out of there, relatively inoffensive as names really.  but if they wanted to name it the Smeg stadium, that is a no-no.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2009, 01:43:03 pm »
it is not very scientific, I know, but I would object if I thought that it would make the club a laughing stock.  Emirates / JJB / Reebok stadium... meh, nothing to take the piss out of there, relatively inoffensive as names really.  but if they wanted to name it the Smeg stadium, that is a no-no.

That's not what I'm asking.

When do you think you will find out what the name is and if you don't like it or the amount of money we are being paid to change it...... when do you think you will be able to do anything about it?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Olives

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2009, 02:01:07 pm »
That's not what I'm asking.

When do you think you will find out what the name is and if you don't like it or the amount of money we are being paid to change it...... when do you think you will be able to do anything about it?

I am not sure I understand what you mean or what you are getting at.  I don't think I'd be able to do anything at any time, it is a decision for the club.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2009, 02:26:36 pm »
I am not sure I understand what you mean or what you are getting at.  I don't think I'd be able to do anything at any time, it is a decision for the club.

That's exactly my point.
It's fine to say I don't mind naming rights as long as it's not something ridiculous.
However, you will find out what it is once the deal is signed and sealed. Then there will be nothing you can do about it.......however unacceptable or farcical the name is.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Olives

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2009, 02:37:09 pm »
That's exactly my point.
It's fine to say I don't mind naming rights as long as it's not something ridiculous.
However, you will find out what it is once the deal is signed and sealed. Then there will be nothing you can do about it.......however unacceptable or farcical the name is.

there is nothing I can do about it anyway.  it is not like LFC are waiting for me to give the go ahead on the naming rights, and will tell us who it will be later.  they will probably sell the naming rights, regardless of what we think about it.  so what can we do about it either way? nothing. 

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #155 on: December 16, 2009, 06:03:49 pm »
20 million quid a year for ten years, more for any year after that. That's my price. Adidas being my sponsor of choice.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2009, 01:41:31 am »
20 million quid a year for ten years, more for any year after that. That's my price. Adidas being my sponsor of choice.

As I keep saying mate.......if this is allowed to happen........you don't get a choice.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2009, 01:31:42 pm »
Purslow makes assurances over new stadium

Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow has assured England’s 2018 World Cup Campaign team that the New Anfield Stadium will be completed in time to host matches if England’s bid is succesful.

Purslow intervened when the city of Liverpool was, reportedly, almost rejected as a potential host city when the cities were announced yesterday.

Purslow met with the chairman of the bid team, Lord Mawhinney, and provided assurances that the new Anfield will be ready.

Peter Shaw, Liverpool’s assistant executive director said “Our plans remain exactly the same, our intention is to build a new stadium. The financial markets need to be right for the club to move forward on the stadium and in the new year maybe that will happen. A stadium is needed and that stadium will be the new Anfield.”

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2009/12/17/purslow-makes-assurances-over-new-stadium/
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2009, 01:43:23 pm »
New Anfield AKA Spruce Goose
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2009, 02:18:29 pm »
As I keep saying mate.......if this is allowed to happen........you don't get a choice.

I never said I did, it's purely my opinion. Almost nothing (or nothing) said in the main forum makes a bit of difference to the team whatsoever, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?