Author Topic: Boring calculation  (Read 2184 times)

Offline mariov77

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Boring calculation
« on: October 19, 2009, 08:07:19 pm »
Hey guys I was bored so decided to do some basic calculations on points this season and last season:

Last season we dropped 28 points ( 11 draws = 22 points and 2 defeats = 6 points ) . Out of possible 114 we got 86 which is a 75.4% which in return means about average of 2.25 points per game (2.25 * 38 games = 85.5)

At the moment we have 15 points out of possible 27.. 15/27 * 100 = 55.5% which means average about 1.7 points per game.. If we continue with that ratio our total points of the season would be about 65 points which is a bit scary ..

Last season after 9 games we had 23 points (7 wins 2 draws) ... average of 2.56 points per game  ! So we almost have dropped a point per game (almost)

If we take last years total average of 2.25 points per game after 9 games we would have around 20 points so we are only 5 points behind this season which is not the end of the world but we need to improve.

If we return to a 2.25 points per game average as per last season for the remaining of this season we will finish the season with about 81 points which means that we need to win about 22 games out of possible 29 (lose 7 games more).  Very feasible in my opinion.

If we were to return to 86 points like last season we need average 2.45 points per game which means we need to win 24 out of the remaining 29 games or win 22 , lose 1 and draw 6. Which is still quiet feasible but less room to allow for error.

Sorry for the boring post just felt like killing some time as people keep going on that we are better than last year if you take in consideration the 11 draws .. If we take the averages at the moment and compare with last years total season , no we are not better off. Even if we took the average after 9 games last season it is even worse.

But if we do return to the way we played last season now we will have good chances again..

So the point of this was to show you it is way too early to put your heads down but we do need to improve  ;D

He he I will get abused I can see it ....

YNWA
The past was amazing the future looks scary...

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boring calculation
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 08:08:02 pm »
Ok Carol Vorderman!

I hate all the scientific shit, just win as many games as possible and see where we end up
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 08:09:45 pm by C »
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 08:10:06 pm »
Stats to back up our woeful position! Awesome!

;)
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline mariov77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 08:12:24 pm »
Stats to back up our woeful position! Awesome!

;)

No its stats to show there is hope .. Please dont twist my words :)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 08:15:59 pm »
Look for the results comparison thread. Jp-65 does a calculation for amount of average points we need to hit certain point totals. And his is in a nice table, you lazy bastard,
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 08:18:17 pm »

:D

Too easy to Whoooosh that to be honest.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline mariov77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 08:19:13 pm »

Offline opsteo

• Kopite
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 07:27:33 am »

Agree...this is realistic hope and telling us not to panic and over-react.
Thanks for  your efforts.  It is appreciated....compiling statistics is not the most fun thing to do and yet you do it - it is plain to see that you did this out of love for Liverpool...Good on you.

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 09:00:59 am »
I hate all the scientific shit, just win as many games as possible and see where we end up

It's hardly "scientific", it's simple fucking numbers!

If we were to return to 86 points like last season we need average 2.45 points per game which means we need to win 24 out of the remaining 29 games or win 22 , lose 1 and draw 6. Which is still quiet feasible but less room to allow for error.
That's the bit that worries me most. But I'm hoping that this season, whoever wins the league won't need as many points as they did last season. It seems that the big teams are all struggling in certain games you'd expect them to win easily.