Author Topic: Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread  (Read 1027067 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Alcohol Issues
« Reply #11320 on: April 20, 2017, 08:38:35 pm »
And i had it and lost it
We've had this conversation in here before...  and you got it back again then...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #11321 on: April 23, 2017, 03:24:10 pm »
Has anyone in here ever had a half bottle of vodka, 2 bottles of Bud and 28 cans of cider in one session? Weird question but i have my reasons.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #11322 on: April 23, 2017, 03:24:57 pm »
At this precise moment in time i struggle to see what will make me happy.

You need to get out of the habit of compounding your problems mate. You tend to do it a lot. You're your own worst enemy at times.

Your problems aren't nearly as big as you make them out to be.

There are lots of things to be happy about. It's just that be default, you tend to view things in a negative light

Just my 2 cents like
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #11323 on: April 23, 2017, 03:27:08 pm »
Has anyone in here ever had a half bottle of vodka, 2 bottles of Bud and 28 cans of cider in one session? Weird question but i have my reasons.

I've done similar numerous times.

That's why I decided to stop
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11324 on: April 23, 2017, 03:56:03 pm »
I've done similar numerous times.

That's why I decided to stop

In 2 hrs Billy? And yes, i am my own worst enemy.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11325 on: April 23, 2017, 06:39:42 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can hammer them back, but two hours mate - i think that's unlikely buddy.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11326 on: April 23, 2017, 06:41:52 pm »
Thats what im accused of. I couldnt drink that much when i was hardcore...

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11327 on: April 23, 2017, 06:48:07 pm »
Thats what im accused of. I couldnt drink that much when i was hardcore...
Does it really matter whether you did or not?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11328 on: April 23, 2017, 06:53:36 pm »
well yes it fucking does. Im on probation. She is making it all up. sorry mate its just grinding on me

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11329 on: April 23, 2017, 06:54:30 pm »
well yes it fucking does. Im on probation. She is making it all up. sorry mate its just grinding on me

So what happens if it's true?

What's the potential consequence?
W

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #11330 on: April 23, 2017, 07:04:40 pm »

28 cans in 2 hours? That's 14 cans in an hour mate. That's a can every 5 minutes roughly

Down on top of half a bottle of vodka?

I was a thirsty c*nt in my pomp, but fuck me, there's no way I could manage that. I don't think anyone could

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11331 on: April 23, 2017, 07:05:33 pm »
the thing is mate, there is no way its true. Its what she says that sticks...

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #11332 on: April 23, 2017, 07:47:51 pm »
the thing is mate, there is no way its true. Its what she says that sticks...

She's off her rocker if she's making that kind of claim.

Even if me and you teamed up I still don't think we could polish off that much liquor that quickly ;D

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #11333 on: April 23, 2017, 08:34:57 pm »
I'm in.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11334 on: April 25, 2017, 01:40:37 pm »
Im out. Start me new job next week. Thing is , she knows i remember absolutely nothing the next day so she could have said anything. I have no defence. She could make any shit up and id have to hold my hands up.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11335 on: April 25, 2017, 05:00:53 pm »
When is the court date? Do you want to talk about what the charge is, and what her accusations are exactly? You might get some decent advice from folks in here but I'm struggling to follow what's going on. Obviously, completely understand if you don't want to go into it.

For what it's worth, you can dispute her claims about how much you drank in a certain time span, but the salient point is you got blackout drunk - I'm guessing that part is true - so you may not do yourself many favours by arguing the finer details. The courts may go easier on you if you just cop to that part - "I dispute consuming the amount of alcohol that is claimed as I believe that to be physically impossible but I do accept I was drunk and out of control"

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11336 on: April 25, 2017, 06:12:28 pm »
Im on probation for 2 years for threats i made. This time all i did was try to get my medication and the copper was a twat. I did not trespass or break any laws.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11337 on: June 19, 2017, 04:44:58 pm »
Must be time this thread had a bump?  Certainly one of the most important ever to be on RAWK.

How is everyone doing? Any updates?

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11338 on: June 20, 2017, 06:10:04 am »
Good timing...

Ive had the last 3 months from hell. Im sure some c*nt is paying the Devil to make him laugh.

My fiancee dumped me. I was robbed , beaten and according to the police, if they catch the offender its an attempted murder charge. Ended up in Addenbrookes in a right mess. My liver is three inches larger than it should be. My cirrhosis is upgraded to high. My prostate is severely swollen. My carotid arteries are expanded. I have a bleed on my brain. I have major hallucinations thanks to that c*nt.

On the plus side, oh yea, there isnt one.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11339 on: June 20, 2017, 06:47:35 am »
Fucking hell mate...

You've never done things by halves, but that's something else..

Look after yourself eh?
W

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11340 on: June 20, 2017, 09:18:43 am »
Must be time this thread had a bump?  Certainly one of the most important ever to be on RAWK.

How is everyone doing? Any updates?

Not seen the mother in law for 5 months now. She didn't come from Christmas, claimed she was ill, which translates as she got so pissed Christmas Eve she couldn't get out of bed, so we had a wonderful relaxed Christmas Day. We lashed the whiskey out so she stopped coming round, she was a c*nt while we were away in Tenerife in January and then my wife got sick of her bitterness and constant slagging of people so she stopped going to see her and they no longer speak. Kids don't mention her anymore, except when my eldest tells people about the time grandma was so drunk she toppled the chair and didn't know and did a fart that smelled like poo.

Glad she's out of our lives now, my wifes sister and brother can deal with the shit from now on.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #11341 on: June 20, 2017, 09:48:05 am »
Good timing...

Ive had the last 3 months from hell. Im sure some c*nt is paying the Devil to make him laugh.

My fiancee dumped me. I was robbed , beaten and according to the police, if they catch the offender its an attempted murder charge. Ended up in Addenbrookes in a right mess. My liver is three inches larger than it should be. My cirrhosis is upgraded to high. My prostate is severely swollen. My carotid arteries are expanded. I have a bleed on my brain. I have major hallucinations thanks to that c*nt.

Hi Mate hope you get well soon...I take it by the fact you was taken in to Addenbrookes hospital you live in/around the Cambridge area? (was just wondering that's all).

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11342 on: June 20, 2017, 09:53:43 am »
Good timing...

Thats really shit that mate, hope you start to improve soon
Jurgen YNWA

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11343 on: June 20, 2017, 10:33:28 am »
Thats really shit that mate, hope you start to improve soon

Echoed by me Carl.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11344 on: June 22, 2017, 04:51:49 pm »
Id like to ask how all my fellow rawkites are coping?

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11345 on: June 23, 2017, 09:29:22 am »
What happened to all the thread regulars when at its peak? Spen, ACHP and various others?

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #11346 on: June 24, 2017, 02:10:43 pm »
What happened to all the thread regulars when at its peak? Spen, ACHP and various others?

I used to post in here under my old screen name AndyinVa

I had given up booze at the same time as SHF and I think SPen and guys like Billy were a huge help.

I managed to stay off it absolute cold turkey or three years with the help of my then wife and frankly all the people in here. I found this RAWK support group far better and more understanding than any real world support group I had locally in my part of the world. Medics tell you that you need a minimum of two years to break all physical and emotional dependency. Alkies anonymous tells you once an alkie always an alkie.

I feel I have found a middle ground. I have gone back to drinking beer and wine after three years off it. This seems to work for me. I can drink a few beers and be done and be happy. I can drink the first glass out of a bottle of wine and then have the rest of the bottle still in the fridge next morning. Back in the day of course, once something was opened I finished it.

I have tried to go back to two of my favorites, Port and Vodka. I have found this does not work for me. I will drink way too much vodka or basically finish a bottle of port. This then has a negative affect on my life. So I have quit Port and quit all spirits.

Alcohol is just not as much fun as it used and frankly I am not sure I am either.I don't socialize as much as I used to but don't look for it and don't miss it either. I run my own business so now I work harder and make more money than I have in a while. So that brings more choices which is nice.

I love never having to apologize to anyone after a night out. Usually now I barely drink and am one of the first to leave a party. I don't miss the hangovers or buying some fatty McNasty's breakfast on the way to work on a Wednesday as I felt like shit and needed some energy in my body to get through the day.

The biggest thing is losing that mental urge to get drunk. Shit day at work, get drunk. Party night, get drunk. Those thoughts are gone. Shit day means having a shit day and having shitty work thoughts at night but it doesnt mean get wasted to take the pain away. Party means, go socialise, chit chat, leave early when everyone turns into drunk dickheads.

Life is simple now.

I suggest to anyone to do what they can to expect to give up totally for 2 years and break those mental bonds of dependency and absolutely find a support group. Be it real world or on line.

I remain very grateful to everyone on RAWK who helped me along the way.

[Just as an example, broke up with long time gf on Wednesday, first Friday alone (daughter at her Mums), stayed home alone, did some work and had two glasses of wine, bed at midnight, up at 6 and productive already]. Life really is much easier now.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11347 on: June 24, 2017, 03:30:29 pm »
Thats it mate, it gets to a point where its not fun. I hate the damn stuff.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11348 on: June 24, 2017, 04:03:30 pm »
Thats it mate, it gets to a point where its not fun. I hate the damn stuff.

Drinking isn't fun for any alcoholic.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #11349 on: June 24, 2017, 08:01:39 pm »
Drinking isn't fun for any alcoholic.

The drinking is fun. A lot of fun. The consequences are not.

Simple as.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #11350 on: June 24, 2017, 11:30:12 pm »

Hey, Andy.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #11351 on: June 25, 2017, 12:43:16 am »
Hey, Andy.
Hi.  Been an eventful couple of years. House burned down. My entire life burned up. No one hurt thankfully. Insurance company has been great. Fair settlement. Had a nice relationship for a couple of years but it just ended for good this time.  Doing great as a Dad with my daughter. Just started rebuilding my house. Home alone on a Saturday night but only had one beer.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11352 on: June 26, 2017, 08:23:15 am »
I'm still about.     Don't post must on RAWK, always been a reader!

I'm still off the booze.    6 and a half years now!   Will never drink again,   As I always say when people ask me "I have nothing to gain and too much to lose"

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11353 on: June 26, 2017, 08:40:40 am »
ACHP got banned I believe.

Really? Why?

I'm still about.     Don't post must on RAWK, always been a reader!

I'm still off the booze.    6 and a half years now!   Will never drink again,   As I always say when people ask me "I have nothing to gain and too much to lose"

That's fantastic! Well done!

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11354 on: June 26, 2017, 10:15:00 am »
Spen, i applaud you. Thats amazing.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11355 on: July 3, 2017, 08:17:02 pm »
well its cold turkey time...

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #11356 on: July 3, 2017, 09:17:38 pm »

I had given up booze at the same time as SHF and I think SPen and guys like Billy were a huge help.

Good to see you back Andy. Sorry to hear about your house. I Hope it all works out for you in the long run

I'm doing ok. I still get the odd urge from time to time but I've learned to cope with it

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #11357 on: July 3, 2017, 11:33:23 pm »
My addictive personality means that my drinking sessions often turn into 12-15 hour benders, leaving me hungover for a while after. I've had a couple over the past month or so that have been beyond brutal, enough to put me off drinking completely. I get carried away after a while; I find it difficult to just have a few beers and chill. It has to be all or nothing, but nothing seems like a good idea at the moment.

I don't drink through the week, and I only drink once or twice a month, but I fucking hammer it when I do. It's no good for me, and I need to evaluate or stop completely.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11358 on: July 3, 2017, 11:55:04 pm »
My addictive personality means that my drinking sessions often turn into 12-15 hour benders, leaving me hungover for a while after. I've had a couple over the past month or so that have been beyond brutal, enough to put me off drinking completely. I get carried away after a while; I find it difficult to just have a few beers and chill. It has to be all or nothing, but nothing seems like a good idea at the moment.

I don't drink through the week, and I only drink once or twice a month, but I fucking hammer it when I do. It's no good for me, and I need to evaluate or stop completely.

Me too mate. I'm the definition of binge drinker. Go weeks or months without then cane it when I do.

Used to be Es and speed in my teens, coke in my 20s and booze now in my 30s. Never been one to enjoy a few pints every few days and leave it there, it's always shit or bust.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #11359 on: July 4, 2017, 08:41:01 am »
I'm kind of similar. The last bender I went on was on a Thursday

Took 500 quid out of the ATM, turned my phone off, and just went at it full on

Arrived home on the Sunday morning, in the same clothes, with an inch of stubble, and eyes that looked like piss holes in snow

I remember the taxi fair home was 18 quid. I was down to my last 20 at that point.

By the time I tipped the cabby that was it, the whole 500 was blown. Fucking tortured myself for days after it