Author Topic: Burnley Football Club  (Read 46061 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Burnley Football Club
« Reply #240 on: February 13, 2022, 04:12:40 pm »
Maybe at the point of no return they’ll start to regret spending the last six seasons purely trying to build a team of thugs and at no point actually trying to adopt a slightly more exciting, goal scoring tactic
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: February 13, 2022, 04:14:40 pm »
Don't let the trapdoor hit you on the way down.

They probably will finally go but don't think it's guaranteed. They've conceded the least goals of anyone in the bottom half by some distance. Granted they score fuck all but if someone like Leeds, Brentford or the blueshite can get dragged down, Burnley might bore their way to safety.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #242 on: February 13, 2022, 04:16:11 pm »
Even if they win their current matches in hand, they’re still in the relegation zone. Their inability to score will be what sends them down, how poetic.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #243 on: February 13, 2022, 04:29:28 pm »
Please please please let this be the season that the Burnley turd is finally flushed

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #244 on: February 13, 2022, 04:31:35 pm »
Please please please let this be the season that the Burnley turd is finally flushed

Echoed.

My least favourite game of the season to watch (that we’re involved in) is the one we’ve just endured
Believer

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: February 13, 2022, 04:35:02 pm »
They're on a leveraged ownership deal, aren't they........?

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #246 on: February 13, 2022, 04:42:50 pm »
These are done. Games in hand are useless for a team with 1 win in 21. Draws are almost worthless now to them but they don't have the mentality to attack relentlessly. Bye bye Burnley

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #247 on: February 13, 2022, 05:08:47 pm »
These are done. Games in hand are useless for a team with 1 win in 21. Draws are almost worthless now to them but they don't have the mentality to attack relentlessly. Bye bye Burnley

Yep. They're done. A team with one win isn't going suddenly rustle up the win streak they need. I'd say the current bottom three are the ones going down

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #248 on: February 13, 2022, 05:09:39 pm »
I for one will be delighted to see the back of them.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: February 13, 2022, 05:13:21 pm »

Was just going to say the same thing, really hope it happens 🙏
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #250 on: February 13, 2022, 06:01:16 pm »

Yeah. It's fucking hilarious when it's a team like United who generate enough revenue to keep it going, Burnley on the other hand could risk doing a Bury if they aren't careful. Leveraged buyouts of clubs should be banned but the FA/PL/EFL don't care as long as they get their money coming in.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #251 on: February 13, 2022, 06:14:54 pm »

What is leveraged ownership?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: February 13, 2022, 06:17:12 pm »

Take a loan to buy the club, whilst using the club as security.  Thus, the club is responsible for loan payments, and not yourself.

Should be banned.

Despite the stick they get on here, a friend of mine does a lot of work in Burnely and says they are pretty sound - working class people who are friendly and proper into their football.

We are Southerners mind  ;)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 06:20:17 pm by Red-Soldier »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #253 on: February 13, 2022, 06:18:40 pm »
I don’t mind Burnley too much.  They don’t actually play terrible football considering how little is spent on their squad.  They’re certainly not like that fat bastard Allardyce’s Bolton team who literally kicked for touch.  They can play a wee bit when they want too.

They’ve had their cash robbed by their new owners when they really needed investment. Their fans have been screwed over
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #254 on: February 13, 2022, 07:16:26 pm »
To be fair I top echo the sentiments above. I want them flushed once and for all because I'm tired of seeing us going over there and battling the elements whilst having long ball after long ball bring pumped into our penalty area time and time again. Even though we regularly beat them at Anfield too it's not exactly the easiest of three points.

But they're not the Burnley of 5-6 years ago. Absolute yard dogs back then. Granted their backline hasn't changed much but look at their attacking options. Rodriguez, Weghorst, Cornet. Ashley Barnes can't get a game and they fleeced Newcastle for Chris Wood. Ironically they'll go down just as they try to play a bit of football after staying up so many times with peak Stoke-like tactics.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: February 13, 2022, 07:18:10 pm »
they've been in the league for a while now, could someone tell me what the hell they do with their income?
They clearly don't buy anyone.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #256 on: February 13, 2022, 07:21:31 pm »

But they're not the Burnley of 5-6 years ago. Absolute yard dogs back then. Granted their backline hasn't changed much but look at their attacking options. Rodriguez, Weghorst, Cornet. Ashley Barnes can't get a game and they fleeced Newcastle for Chris Wood. Ironically they'll go down just as they try to play a bit of football after staying up so many times with peak Stoke-like tactics.

Isn't that what happened to Stoke though. Utter yard dogs yet they signed Bojan and Shaqiri and tried to play football and got relegated.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #257 on: February 13, 2022, 07:22:09 pm »
they've been in the league for a while now, could someone tell me what the hell they do with their income?

Sean Dyche has an expensive lamp shade collecting problem.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: February 13, 2022, 07:22:59 pm »
Sean Dyche has an expensive lamp shade collecting problem.
;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: February 13, 2022, 07:27:10 pm »

£80 million in the bank before they got taken over.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2022, 07:38:16 pm »
Their football reflects the shite weather they have over there.

Grim.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: February 13, 2022, 07:40:30 pm »
The dream is to have winner takes all last game of season Burnley v Newcastle.

I'd be supporting Burnley if it comes down to it.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #262 on: February 13, 2022, 07:43:21 pm »
I take it you weren't aeround in the Gillet and Hicks years. We all became experts on this stuff very quickly back then :D

A simple way of understanding a leveraged purchase is that the new owners don't pay for the purchase themselves, they force the club itself to pay for their purchase of it
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: February 13, 2022, 07:43:42 pm »
McNeil seems like exactly the sort of player Everton would spunk £40m on.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: February 13, 2022, 07:43:55 pm »
Disgusting what's happened to that club.

Was only 2 years ago they were on the front of a prominent sports business magazine for being financially the best run club in the game, no debts and punching above their weight and never spending above their means.

Then some Hedge Fund bastards have put them in financial peril, and I think I read the 2 hedge fund owners emptied the club bank account and payed themselves dividends.

To top it off they have hardly given Dyche any money to spend besides the £13 million to buy Cornet in summer.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: February 13, 2022, 07:46:54 pm »
It shouldn't be. Tifo football podcast did a very worrying piece on the leveraged buy out of Burnley and how in effect it was extremely similar to how ourselves, Sunderland and Man Utd have been bought out in recent years - bearing in mind that Burnley have neither the ground size, revenue share or turnover of those clubs.

They also had £30m cash sitting in the bank when the club was bought, the new owners have paid that to themselves as dividends. Scummy.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: February 13, 2022, 08:39:53 pm »
They will sink like a stone with those owners!

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: February 13, 2022, 11:35:07 pm »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: February 13, 2022, 11:46:08 pm »
Taking out a loan to buy a club with the club being responsible for paying it back instead of the "owners". It's a risk-free way of going about it because if it goes well the owners reap the benefits but the club will bear the cost if it goes south.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: February 13, 2022, 11:47:35 pm »
Disgusting what's happened to that club.

Was only 2 years ago they were on the front of a prominent sports business magazine for being financially the best run club in the game, no debts and punching above their weight and never spending above their means.

Then some Hedge Fund bastards have put them in financial peril, and I think I read the 2 hedge fund owners emptied the club bank account and payed themselves dividends.

To top it off they have hardly given Dyche any money to spend besides the £13 million to buy Cornet in summer.
It seems to get very little press coverage.  I guess it may start to do so if it all unravels as it could well do.  The parachute payments have seemingly increased the yo-yo effect but if they do go down and don't come back up quickly then having parisitical owners will be a big problem for them.

I can't stand Dyche in his interviews but I've got no problems with how he sets his teams up as it's nice to have a bit of variety.  If their owners do drag the club down I'd like to think Dyche would speak out against them in a way Hodgson never did for us.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: February 14, 2022, 12:11:21 am »
Take a loan to buy the club, whilst using the club as security.  Thus, the club is responsible for loan payments, and not yourself.

Should be banned.

Despite the stick they get on here, a friend of mine does a lot of work in Burnely and says they are pretty sound - working class people who are friendly and proper into their football.

We are Southerners mind  ;)

Aye. Any bugger with a bit of money and able to secure a loan seems able to buy an asset and have the asset pay back the loan rather than they themselves. It's a fucking joke.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: February 14, 2022, 07:22:31 am »
Yeah they are almost certainly gone, I think the bottom 3 stays as it is now, with the gap between 17th and 18th only increasing from here.

If the team slightly above the bottom 3 was really really shit then you'd say they have a sniff, but everyone above them has the capabilities of winning 2/3 in a row.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #272 on: February 14, 2022, 09:52:40 am »
Isn't that what happened to Stoke though. Utter yard dogs yet they signed Bojan and Shaqiri and tried to play football and got relegated.
I never thought I'd say this, but, in defence of Stoke, they actually played some great stuff for a period under Hughes with players like Muniesa, Bojan and Shaqiri in the team. It all went to shit when they gave Hughes the reigns for transfers in conjunction with a very incompetent individual there called Tony Scholes, who they're only now getting rid of. As soon as Scholes was given the power with Pulis' set up having dispersed, he signed players like Imbula for £16m, Ndiaye for £12m and so on. They had started to evolve but then went too far with ill-suited players and lost all semblance of solidity. The best version of Stoke was the team between 2013 and 15 that got 3 successive 9th placed finishes in the league.

As soon as they had some poor luck with injuries and they started signing a random assortment of ill-suited, expensive footballers, it went down the pan. They transitioned from Pulis's set-piece reliant physical football to a style where they retained Pulis's solidity but added some technicality and flexibility to that. They just completely upset the balance with multiple stupid signings which lead to them losing that solid core they once had. Before that they were effective and still to this day the worst collection of yard dogs to ever set foot on a Premier League pitch.

It's strange with Burnley because as many have said, they might have the best squad they've ever had currently. The post I did a while back about their buyout that RedSince86 has raised higher in the thread is why Burnley fans should be very worried. Bought for peanuts on a leveraged buyout, very little squad investment - less spent than what they've taken out as dividends to pay themselves within 4 days of the club being bought no less - and the acknowledgement that there's no risk for them. They stay up, their noses are still in the trough. They go down, they eat up the parachute payments while they last and then sell at a small loss if they can't come back up, a loss that won't effect them because they never spent a penny of their own money on the club.

They've essentially had a few chats at the bank, stolen £30m from the club and will probably get richer as the club sinks like a stone.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #273 on: February 14, 2022, 01:34:53 pm »
im fine with them to be honest, rather they stay up then Everton, their manager is boyhood fan of our club too
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #274 on: February 14, 2022, 02:00:04 pm »
im fine with them to be honest, rather they stay up then Everton, their manager is boyhood fan of our club too
Nah scatman. Sorry.

They can sink into old Davy Jones locker as far as i'm concerned.

Horrible club, shit fans.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: February 14, 2022, 02:05:37 pm »
Yeah they are almost certainly gone, I think the bottom 3 stays as it is now, with the gap between 17th and 18th only increasing from here.

If the team slightly above the bottom 3 was really really shit then you'd say they have a sniff, but everyone above them has the capabilities of winning 2/3 in a row.

I'm not so sure. I thought they put up a very good fight yesterday, they've got a decent amount of games in hand and they know the sort of football needed at this time of the season to stay up. One win and whilst they're not out of it, I think it could turn them around.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: February 14, 2022, 02:15:13 pm »
I'm not so sure. I thought they put up a very good fight yesterday, they've got a decent amount of games in hand and they know the sort of football needed at this time of the season to stay up. One win and whilst they're not out of it, I think it could turn them around.

It isn't that many games compared to the teams they need to overtake:

They have 2 games in hand on Newcastle who are 7 points ahead of them.
1 game on Everton, 8 points ahead.
2 games on Leeds, 9 points ahead.
4 games on Brentford, 10 points.

They have won once all season vs Brentford. I can't see those games in hand being hardly any use.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: February 14, 2022, 02:18:03 pm »

They looked alright yes and I fancy them to win 3/4 games from now to the end at least, but the likes of Everton, Newcastle & Leeds can easily match their pace IMO.

Bit of a shit season for them because they have always been chasing due to the covid games in hand so zero momentum but oh well, good riddance :)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: February 19, 2022, 06:05:55 pm »
I have a feeling they will survive
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: February 19, 2022, 06:27:39 pm »
Nah scatman. Sorry.

They can sink into old Davy Jones locker as far as i'm concerned.

Horrible club, shit fans.
Nowhere near as horrible as Everton and their fans. Hope they go down and never come back.