Author Topic: Hair Loss  (Read 18760 times)

Offline rosie

• WSAS Founder Member
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss not base football player
Re: Hair Loss
« Reply #40 on: September 4, 2009, 08:07:07 pm »
Not going grey but I haven't had a shave for like 3 weeks and some hairs on my beard are starting to go brown.

pull yer head out yer arse then :D
no coward soul is mine

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #41 on: September 5, 2009, 12:48:37 am »

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 5, 2009, 12:58:04 am »

Offline wacko

• Keepsh a shecret gottle of Shcotch in hish top drawer. Cunning linguist and ical genius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 6, 2009, 08:37:53 am »
Just shave it off, there is nothing worse than someone trying to deny that they are going bald.
It actually looks worse

Aye. The shorter the hair, the less overt the baldness. Of course, if your head is a stupid shape, that's not a lot of help.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Offline jarg of pickled onions

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 6, 2009, 10:25:20 am »
Aye. The shorter the hair, the less overt the baldness. Of course, if your head is a stupid shape, that's not a lot of help.

Deffo. Get it cropped short. Then gradually decrease from a 3 all over to a 1 as your fod advances back.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #45 on: September 6, 2009, 01:49:27 pm »
Have you looked behind the sofa cushions?
Kill the humourless

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2013, 12:06:58 pm »
Anyone done hair transplant or know anyone that has?

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2013, 12:07:59 pm »
I'm as good looking as Pepe Reina, i'm sound

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2013, 12:41:34 pm »
I have never understood why some men panic over losing their hair.They then try and hide the fact they are losing it and look complete idiots for a few years. My mate done this,i told him to get shut coz it looked fucking stupid,he was having none of it,had the front bit combed forward, the massive bald patch was covered in a variety of comb overs,forwards to the side and backwards.Looked a complete dick.He has chopped it off to a number 3 now and it looks better, still a huge bllody fod though. I just dont get why people do it.Ive been going bald since i was about 26.Ive had a zero shave with my clippers ever since.Thankfully i suit it.But i would never dream of trying to cover a bald patch,nothing worse,looks terrible.Just grow a set and get rid of it.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2013, 12:55:05 pm »
This:

Just shave it off, there is nothing worse than someone trying to deny that they are going bald.
It actually looks worse

I started shaving mine when I was about 23. First time I did it was after a night out. I was shitfaced and couldn't even remember doing it in the morning - I just woke up with a pile of hair on my bedroom floor. In the morning I sent the mrs at the time a picture and needless to say, she went wappy. Took a little while to get used to as well, like, but it looked (and felt) a whole lot better than trying to deny the inevitable, as well as saving me a fortune in hair cuts and products.

I started with a grade two/three for a couple of years and gradually reduced it down to a one and occasionally a zero. The current mrs isn't a huge fan of the zero, mind you. Apparently I look like "a sick child"  ???
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 04:18:12 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2013, 01:24:03 pm »
Anyone done hair transplant or know anyone that has?

Yep one of my mates got it done, his picture is on the website

http://www.restorehairclinics.com/Gallery

He is patient number 25

The whole thing cost him about £8k
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2013, 01:32:54 pm »
Mine was more of a bitter and acrimonious divorce, than a loss.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Seagull Dave

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2013, 04:30:22 pm »
I started going bald at the grand old age of 18! My doctor reckons it was because i wore a cap 24/7 throughout my whole teen years. He also said it was stress related but the only stresses i had when i was 18 were who the next bird i was going to finger was!

Anyway i just fusion proglide the lot off now every week!
JFT96 Dont Buy The Sun

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2013, 04:48:49 pm »
Yep one of my mates got it done, his picture is on the website

http://www.restorehairclinics.com/Gallery

He is patient number 25

The whole thing cost him about £8k
Seems a lot for under 1500 grafts. I'm thinking of going to Turkey to get it done, 4000 grafts and they provide food, accomodation and airport transfers, £3,000

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2013, 05:39:09 pm »
Seems a lot for under 1500 grafts. I'm thinking of going to Turkey to get it done, 4000 grafts and they provide food, accomodation and airport transfers, £3,000
Do not go to turkey.

Is it regulated? How do you know?
What is your right of come back if it goes wrong?

In the west we get used to a highly regulated health care system, and even then, cosmetic surgery is full of charlatans.

Now, Turkey has some first class health care, but it also has some very poor health care, I would be very very very very very careful before doing this if I were you.  It's just vanity at the end of the day, and a botched job could be a permanent problem.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2013, 09:04:51 am »
Do not go to turkey.

Is it regulated? How do you know?
What is your right of come back if it goes wrong?

In the west we get used to a highly regulated health care system, and even then, cosmetic surgery is full of charlatans.

Now, Turkey has some first class health care, but it also has some very poor health care, I would be very very very very very careful before doing this if I were you.  It's just vanity at the end of the day, and a botched job could be a permanent problem.
I'm doing a lot of research on these companies, reading up on reviews etc. The company actually seems to be registered/based in London but they appoint private healthcare companies in Turkey to carry out the procedure, presumably because their healthcare programs are much cheaper and affordable than ours, and apparently their government funds all the equipment.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2013, 10:53:21 am »
Know some people who run a transplant clinic.

Mistake no 1 - Do not try and save costs,if you're going for the cheapest option without research you're already fked. It is an inexact science, depends on your donor hair and skill of the surgeon.

The good one's are obv expensive but there are a handful of excellent surgeons in the developing world where it would be cheaper.

Mistake no 2 - It is not a one time thing, You will need more transplants possible in the future. Keep that into account when planning finances.

It is still a stop gap solution and if the shaved look doesn't suit you try wigs. Before saying no there is japanese tech where the fake hair follicles are injected into the first layer of your scalp skin. Normal wig tech has also increased to the point of being undetectable.

My advice- Go down the wig route and wait it out,the money being poured into this means hopefully better solutions will come out
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2013, 03:31:13 pm »
Fuck it, it's gone!
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2013, 04:43:15 pm »
Fuck it, it's gone!

Good man. Welcome aboard  :wave
Twitter | Blog

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2013, 05:04:09 pm »
Do people still wear wigs??
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2013, 05:22:08 pm »
Ive decided to grow mine for some reason. After having the monk look for 15 years its all gone a Morrisonesque.

Mid life crisis at 41 I think.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2013, 05:25:18 pm »
Ive decided to grow mine for some reason. After having the monk look for 15 years its all gone a Morrisonesque.

Mid life crisis at 41 I think.
Are you going for a Will Gompertz?
W

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2013, 05:29:59 pm »
Are you going for a Will Gompertz?

Mine is thick and curlyish.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2013, 09:20:02 pm »
Do people still wear wigs??

No.

Instead, I had rabbits tattooed on my head, from a distance they look like hares.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2013, 10:18:12 pm »
Good man. Welcome aboard  :wave
Ha ha, fuck that, I'm a big hairy headed c*nt. got it down to me shoulders. Tommo hasn't. Obviously.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2013, 10:08:10 am »
Twitter | Blog

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 6, 2017, 10:17:51 am »
Anyone remember Cherry Blossom from ages ago? Not the polish but the arl fella who used to slap it on his bonce.
Saw a new one yesterday on County Road. He had a comb over packed out with Cherry Blossom. Stunning.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline OperationIvy

• Kopite
« Reply #68 on: May 7, 2017, 12:52:52 pm »
Its all about the MOTHERS side!
If your mothers father is Bald, then so will you be. If he has a full head of hair like Swiss Tony...you'll be okay.

This can't be true.

Me and my brother (both in our mid 30s) have a full head of hair like my father but my mothers father is bald.

I think its actually a coin toss between your own father and your mothers father.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 7, 2017, 06:46:08 pm »
This can't be true.

Me and my brother (both in our mid 30s) have a full head of hair like my father but my mothers father is bald.

I think its actually a coin toss between your own father and your mothers father.
Is your ma bald?

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2017, 12:22:10 am »
Saw a new one yesterday on County Road. He had a comb over packed out with Cherry Blossom. Stunning.

It must he his Son ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2017, 08:13:30 am »
It must he his Son ?

Was he Polish?

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2017, 08:24:55 am »
Was he Polish?
I heard he was from New Zealand, a Kiwi...
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2017, 09:22:54 am »
I heard he was from New Zealand, a Kiwi...
Saw an edited show about him from Italy. The dubbin was shocking.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2017, 11:54:36 am »
Don't mind me, lads, just gonna run me fingers through me hair before styling it a bit and let the seaside breeze flow through it without any natural cold spots.

Only just getting my first grey in my beard too.  Hashtag blessed and all that shite.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2017, 01:02:24 pm »
Don't mind me, lads, just gonna run me fingers through me hair before styling it a bit and let the seaside breeze flow through it without any natural cold spots.

Only just getting my first grey in my beard too.  Hashtag blessed and all that shite.

You go for it mate.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline JaimeREDnapz

• Main Stander
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2017, 03:30:48 pm »
get down the docs and he will write you a prescription for propecia I think its called.

Wont regrow your hair but will slow down the balding process by 90%. Think its 50 a month for the prescription.

Offline fiveways

• Kopite
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2017, 06:42:51 pm »
simple solution - get your arse down to Halfords and get a can of matt black spray - works for me ;-o

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2017, 08:06:35 pm »
I don't mind the hair going from my head, its the stuff growing on my back, out of my nostrils and off the top of my ears that pisses me off.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2017, 08:21:42 pm »
I don't mind the hair going from my head, its the stuff growing on my back, out of my nostrils and off the top of my ears that pisses me off.

;D yep.

Advice for hair loss..dont be vain,get the clippers out & add tattoos to enrich the ded ard look.  :P
Support the team,Trust & Believe.